Legion bites the dust

B

Blood

About 5 hours ago Midgard slayed the newest "major" mob on Prydwen, the deamonic ruler of Darkness Falls, Legion himself.

He didnt AE like the dragon, but he did have a nasty skill at sucking the life out of people, everytime someone died, he sucked the lifeforce from them and grew healthier. He lasted alot longer than the dragon, but after 20 seconds it was clear that we could beat him, it was just going to take alot of beating.

Raidleader: Durgi

The Legion Specials went to Durgi (sword), Louise (hauberk), Makwaerk (Vest), Adrira (Ring), they were awarded to those people by the leaders of midgard guilds, based on their contributions to the realm.

Legion_dies.jpg

ps. check out this SS too, that blade looks AWESOME http://www.stovring.net/stuff/daoc/Ensorcelled_Blade_of_Power.jpg

J

j000 d000d

Now i wonder who will have the numbers to kill either Beliathan or Behemoth first :)

M

Marcus75

Cool! Guess Midgard is showing the way in the killing of the big guys. I like the skin on Legion...feels like Nightmare on Elm Street meets Poltergeist or something...

Great work guys!! :clap:

P

- Pathfinder -

Around 50 or so Diamond Seals bunched together, I imagine. Well done Mids, after being zerged by your legion task force I was fairly sure you'd make it; my computer literally froze when you came into view :p

C

cHodAX

Not one to be nice to you trolls usually but fantastic job guys and gals :)

B

Blood

Originally posted by - Pathfinder -
Around 50 or so Diamond Seals bunched together, I imagine. Well done Mids, after being zerged by your legion task force I was fairly sure you'd make it; my computer literally froze when you came into view :p

Actually you were zerged by half our force, the other half was already waiting at the legion.

P

- Pathfinder -

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen

Actually you were zerged by half our force, the other half was already waiting at the legion.

Not terribly suprised you took down legion, then :cool:

B

Brannor McThife

Originally posted by old.Blood|Prydwen
I could have sworn that Midgard was complaining about not having numbers a while back...

-G

F

froler

Originally posted by Brannor McThife

I could have sworn that Midgard was complaining about not having numbers a while back...

-G

loads...i mean loads have come back too visit DF.

Mids got 100 lvl 50 online at the patch the i think.

:m00: :m00:

EDIT: 102 lvl 50 i think it was even ;)

P

- Pathfinder -

And you people complain that we zerg when we come with 2-3 groups? Yipes :)

T

Tjalfe

[The Legion Specials went to Durgi (sword), Louise (hauberk), Makwaerk (Vest), Adrira (Ring), they were awarded to those people by the leaders of midgard guilds, based on their contributions to the realm.

would like 2 see some SS of these items....

Nice job btw....

C

Cedig

hehe Hibs got slaughtered but we only tried him with 4-5 groups

at one point on friday night, Hibs get zerged by Albs, and someone in IRC said there were 300+ Albs in DF. 300+ !!! Hib hasn't got that many in the whole realm lol :D

B

Brannor McThife

Re: Re: Legion bites the dust

Originally posted by Tjalfe
[The Legion Specials went to Durgi (sword), Louise (hauberk), Makwaerk (Vest), Adrira (Ring), they were awarded to those people by the leaders of midgard guilds, based on their contributions to the realm.
Who decided this? Was this acceptable to everyone on the hunt? Were all these people present?

I can't really understand why people would go to more of these if they've "been part of the Legion kill" before. Go there to die again, so that somebody NOT there gets the loot? Get real. I don't care if I don't get the loot, but you cannot expect me to spend time killing/dying in this and then you give the loot away to people you deem MVP's. <snorts>

It's no wonder that in Albion SotL, Templars, GK's, etc do Epic mob hunts, etc. alone.

Your post sounds like it was compiled by a press secretary...

:m00:

-G

PS. Who the hell is Makwaerk?

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

It was an interesting loot distribution experiment, apparently agreed on BEFORE the raid. Each guild representative, after conferring with their guild suggested a 'hero of the realm' most deserving of each piece of loot; the 'hero' with most votes got that piece of loot.

A common criticism of this was that it was sort of like a popularity contest and unknown heroes (which I don't think exist, people know who the consistently helpful people of the realm are) weren't included but I think everyone's voting and nominations were very sincere for the time I stayed; I think it's the best distribution system I've seen so far.

I was on track to getting that hauberk but I had to camp out; I didn't want to take a gift then run, else it would ironically make me look selfish and unheroic.

O

old.neenee

*pushes aside the screams of loot*

even tho im an alb ><

gg midgard :clap:

go for the worm next ;)

O

old.Det

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
I think it's the best distribution system I've seen so far.

I was on track to getting that hauberk

lol

B

Brannor McThife

A question then to those of Midgard. To those that were at the Dragon slaying and the Legion hunt, would you do it again? I mean, "they" need you there to hit it, but really, once you been to one, what's the real point in going back? I'm assuming that'd you do it so that oneday, you'll get one of those items...but, now it seems all you need to do if become a "hero" type figure, and henceforth never have to go on a raid, because they'll come grovelling before you with the items as gifts...

Sorry, my personal view is if people go on a dragon hunt, you store all the items on a FAIR person, and get everybody's names as to who wants what, then hold a lottery after the hunt and distribute. Otherwise, I think you'll start to get less and less people going on your big hunts...

<shrugs>

Hey, if you're happy with the way you do things...good luck...only time will tell.

-G

O

old.Tbird

Originally posted by old.Ayam Ganbatte
It was an interesting loot distribution experiment, apparently agreed on BEFORE the raid. Each guild representative, after conferring with their guild suggested a 'hero of the realm' most deserving of each piece of loot; the 'hero' with most votes got that piece of loot.
Nice PR Ayam, shame that a LOT of guilds/members were less than pleased with the distribution method.

We were informed the distribution method after he died, it went along the lines of 'I have the loot I decide how we share it' from what was being relayed back. Of course there will always be someone complain on a raid like this but I give credit to Blej on the Dragon raid, not one complaint of how he handled distribution.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by old.Det
lol
Hehe, I understand where you're coming from but I didn't like it for that reason.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by old.Tbird
Nice PR Ayam, shame that a LOT of guilds/members were less than pleased with the distribution method.
I was just saying I liked the method, it wasn't 'PR', I'm not representing anyone or any body of people other than myself.

Like I said, the impression I got of it was that it was an experimental loot distribution, and as noble as I found it, based on the reaction of others it was a failed experiment.

O

old.tuppe

yeah, dunno why this way share loot?
dont start lick nobody for hope in future get some loot!
Adrira sit a lott odin, she do great work 100% agree loot for her.

guild where i belong discuss this and a lott, or maybe it was only me? ;)
in future if/when join this kind raid, dont give itchy loot away before know how sharing gona happend, now 2 loot to Durgi and not even 1 come back!.
shame dammit!

there is other player too what lvl 50 who maybe get new sparkle whit good item, no rules "only lvl 50".

what makes realm hero?

most earned rp`s?
who has time do that if are under 50??

most message in alliance chat?
ok, we all start spam and made alliance messages style "oh boy, kill just 15 albs alone"

BS!
give guilds who participate and they share them self.
i am not pissed because dont get anything, reason is sharing and that great lvl 50 rule.
you cannot do nothing "compare this" if raids is only lvl 50´s, give respect to us who still work our way to 50 and not only spit our faces.

thanks.

D

Damon_D

A question then to those of Midgard. To those that were at the Dragon slaying and the Legion hunt, would you do it again? I mean, "they" need you there to hit it, but really, once you been to one, what's the real point in going back? I'm assuming that'd you do it so that oneday, you'll get one of those items...but, now it seems all you need to do if become a "hero" type figure, and henceforth never have to go on a raid, because they'll come grovelling before you with the items as gifts...

Sorry, my personal view is if people go on a dragon hunt, you store all the items on a FAIR person, and get everybody's names as to who wants what, then hold a lottery after the hunt and distribute. Otherwise, I think you'll start to get less and less people going on your big hunts...

<shrugs>

Hey, if you're happy with the way you do things...good luck...only time will tell.

-G

3 gaziilio cheers to Brannor :clap: :clap: :clap:

O

old.Iunliten

<shrugs>

-G

Lots definately not happy with the share with friends system.

And agreed on before hand? Sure the "friend" circle then.

I

ImLestat

I'm sorry Ayam, but if you were on the track of getting loot, I'm not surprised at all if you think that loot system was good. Next time it's your turn then, right?

As it is now, if you want to have a snowballs chance in hell to have one of those dropped items, you have to lick boots and ass like mad. First the leaders of your guild, then also of course the organizers of the raid. This isn't fair. Fair is when everyone that participated has a equal chance of getting one of those items. Ok, maybe you only lotto them to classes that can use them, but anyway.

I can't say that I'm angry or anything for not getting any of those items myself. What I however really dislike, is when people throw fairness out the window, just to fill their, or their own friends pockets. Grrrrrr.

O

old.Ayam Ganbatte

Originally posted by old.ImLestat
I'm sorry Ayam, but if you were on the track of getting loot, I'm not surprised at all if you think that loot system was good.
Hmm, ImLestat, I can understand if you think I only advocate the system because the vote was going my way, but I did ask everyone who voted for me to vote for somebody else instead. This disassociation from my own self about receiving 'uber' drops shows I couldn't give a lurikeen's buttcheeks about loot. I've turned them down in Everquest, I've now turned them down in Dark Age of Camelot; I can understand your assumption though, because you're grouping me with the so many other item-hungry people that play these games. I'm just a fella listening to music playing this game for a laugh.

I like the system because pretty much all of the loot went to people who I'm not necessarily friends with, but who I've seen do more for the realm than most.

Loot distribution is possibly the most debated about thing in these games; I've never debated it before until this thread came up, and you know what? It feels like quicksand.

S

Spamb0t

those who isnt lvl50 will not make full use of an 'uber' item from dragon/legion anyways.. so they shouldnt be awarded such an item..
im not 50 myself and therefor i dont expect to get anything

i dont care who gets the items anyways :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom