League

S

SuperNickX

Maybe if you took your head out your arse, you would see it was you who was ruining everyone's opinion on here, and not even providing any logical reasoning to your flames anyway.

It's you who should fuck off from the post, as all your replies hold no relevance to anything.

O

old.Franbo

So what's the story? You are only reasonable if you say what I say otherwise you are a lackwit?

Been there, seen it, done it.

Thinking is better.

B

bigbb

Come on now chaps, please. Leave the bitching to irc and stick to the topic on this thread. Don't make the number of players per team in a potential league, personal.

G

Gangster No:1

Blimey, seems like a bit of baggage here........

Perhaps you need a view from an independent party Bigfoot? What you reckon? ;)

O

old.Redfive

I dunno why turnip farmers, and yeah it seems to be just these guys, junky, cagecunt etc have such bad attitudes.

junky you say youve played rtcw 3 days after release and then go on to be a sarcastic shite, well tbh have you played clanwars since then or public? (and as for your comp spec and 200 fps lol)

Turnip farmers find 8v8 big deathmatch is good thats fine, just the clans with more games under their belt are just offering their say from experience.

As with all the leagues Ive seen so far, cb cup, savage league, ogl, jolt league, all seem to be doing 6v6, which is why i think it would be silly for barrysworld to do different.

Dont intend a flame war here, just the turnips think they are the be all and end all of it all, well at least cagecunt does, wp the other night though gg.

W

WFJuNkY

well, i'm not usually such an ass, but after that match kix just pissed me off and sn in here just seemed like he was high on his ego, which i dont really like.

and i've played a week on pubs then went to look for a clan and did some games, then went to turnip farmers.

and i swear i actually did get the voodoo2 to run at 200 fps, granted it was in a small corridor, and u could hardly tell if something was a wall or a player, but it was at 200 fps =)

and i agree it was a gg, depot was great, and u guys seriously owned us on assualt, our team play seemed to be hiding or something, while u guys were spot on.

O

old.Kidni

Red is right,

Judging by experience here, all the leagues ladders and competitions that have been held so far have all been 6v6 and all produced a stonking fest of well played and enjoyable games.

Cage plz go back to sleep until you think of something remotely to do with this topic to talk about.

the BW league would definitely be shooting itslef in the food and not helping the rtcw community which itself is not very strong yet by not supporting the widely acknowledge default number of players for a tourny.

So thats my opinion, 6v6 all the way. It leaves room for the DM skills which are needed to fight throo a defense no matter how big (unless its 0) and finely tuned teamwork to make the need for the DM skillz less important.

O

old.Rhino

I got bored reading my way through this thread ...........possibly brought on by testosterone poisoning from the people involved.

Just a quick thought to stoke the fires, hopefully in a non-confrontational way....

If the game was designed for multiplayer, has anybody asked the people who wrote it what they had in mind regarding Clan games ? - and that does not mean public games. these maps are HUGE compared to most games - what is the point of having 10 routes to an objective if there are not enough players to covers the routes ? Makes the game a bit pointless - on SUB how many times do people fill the sub-pen with players because there are too many routes to cover ? 6 vs 6 on Sub - I think not !

Has anyone tried to define what a "good game" comprises ? I guess it means an even, close game with everyone taking part to the full and enjoying it. If you have large maps (as I feel we have in RtCW) is a good game really exemplified by players not really meeting each other very often and even then just having a quick bit of DM ?

..........or is it a good game when there are enough defenders to make a single hardpoint difficult to breach but the number of players is enough to keep the game rolling with respawning waves of attackers against defenders running back to reinforce a weakpoint ?

I think the main problem with this thread is that people like different things - some like lots of DM and do something else in the game if they get the chance, others like a specific objective to do and avoid the DM if they can.

Its a bit like the "chasers" discussion in Q3F - the objective is to cap, not to frag and you can tell team players from pubby players easily.

I suspect in RtCW we will fall into two camps, thoses that like to come up against limited defence and try and beat the score rate of each other and those that are more regimented in structure and would like there to be clearer attacker and defender parts of a team - and only time will tell which will win out.

If BW backs one or the other, the other will just go and do it elsewhere - and only BW decision will affect the success of the league.

I for one would like to see 12 vs 12 when both teams have similar objectives (capture & hold maps) but for one like beaches, I think you need about 8 people.

With 6 vs 6 its just a load of running around with very little action and too much running - "would the offence please take a packed lunch and a drink as you may be away some time before you see the enemy"

C

.cage

"would the offence please take a packed lunch and a drink as you may be away some time before you see the enemy"

That gave me a giggle or two :) Although I think it's pretty much decided now. However, if you want to go and get all of your friends to sign up for forum accounts they'll use once and disappear, feel free to do so, it'd be amusing :)

B

bigbb

It's not decided.

Imo, 12 is a little excessive but, your points hold true for the smaller player numbers.

O

old.nick481

When are we going to get some news on a league. I mean they have introduced some firearms bullshit or soemthing that no one has every heard of so what about an RTCW league.

Lets get a league and then start arguing whether its 2v2 or whatever.

B

bigbb

The firearms league was introduced over a number of weeks/months as has the organisation of the RtCW league. Contrary to popular belief these leagues don't grow on servers. At the moment, I believe the web site is being constructed as well as the servers being set up and structural organisation being put into place, this all takes time and has been going on for the past few weeks.

These forum discussions on player numbers are for us, the common player to debate, of which will then be considered by the league organisers. It's not a formal, official discussion, which the organisers are awaiting a conclusion.

People are working hard to get this league going as soon as possible, but it would be plain silly to invest all these resources, time and effort into a league, only to do a rush job at the last minute to get the league going a few days earlier.

As I understand it, an announcement of the league is but a donkey's whisker away so just get the tiddly winks out for a few games, the time will fly by. :)

O

old.Kidni

6v6 is the ideal number i think.

Admittedly the maps are large, but the objectives are usually in a fairly confined area with small paths, routes leading up to them.

With any more than 6v6 it makes it hard for either team to break throo the large defense on a map such as Depot where there is no timelimit due to the double objective.

We have played a v large number of matches and 6v6 is widely thought of by us and our oppositions as the number of players that gives the best game.

O

old.nick481

Can barrysworld organise a poll so that we can vote on it?

O

old.Kidni

good idea

either that of BW make the decision and shut us all up :)

*cough* 6v6 *cough*

all the other leagues, comps, tourneys, cups use it, so y b different. My last point on this thread unless the subject changes.

C

.cage

simon.jpg

Simon doesn't play 6v6! stay away from him!

O

old.MINI

I Notice there are 4 BarryLeague servers running for rtcw any idea what these are? Check ASE now they have RTCW.co.uk after them.

Also I know iv only played in 3 matches but have practised loads and 6 v 6 obj 2 maps 1 go at each country is the best match setup imo.

I hope the future league admins will not be swayed by some1 shouting the odds in many, many posts.

Visit DiGa At

Http://www.digital-gangstas.co.uk

B

bigbb

Info on the BarryLeague servers is on the New Servers!! thread. The team running the BWRTCWL are big enough and ugly enough, don't worry. The setup has been finalised and will be announced along with the information to register for the league in the coming, period of time.

O

old.BlueFire

Originally posted by MINI
I Notice there are 4 BarryLeague servers running for rtcw any idea what these are? Check ASE now they have RTCW.co.uk after them.

Visit DiGa At

Http://www.digital-gangstas.co.uk

rtcw.co.uk refers to the BBA (Blue Blob Army). They are the posters on the rtcw.co.uk forums which are very old now.

C

.cage

I think you'll find that's because the language used is more sophisticated than 'ur spot 0n timoteh!! 6v6 p[lz!!!'

Nobody else has a problem.

O

old.BlueFire

Originally posted by CageCunt
I think you'll find that's because the language used is more sophisticated than 'ur spot 0n timoteh!! 6v6 p[lz!!!'

Nobody else has a problem.

Excuse me???

tbh u always type with ur dads cock in ur mouth?

O

old.BlueFire

Originally posted by CageCunt

Kidi in "I wear kappa" revelation

Kidi?? I have seen no post from someone called Kidi...

Kidni yes.. Kidi no...

O

old.BlueFire

Originally posted by BlueFire

rtcw.co.uk refers to the BBA (Blue Blob Army). They are the posters on the rtcw.co.uk forums which are very old now.

This post makes sense to everyone else.....

In other English then.......

The 4 Barrys servers with rtcw.co.uk after them are for the people who post on the rtcw.co.uk forums. They are called the BBA.

BBA stands for the Blue Blob Army (in otherwords, they have a little blob after their name that is blue). I would shot u on here, but it is hard to replicate on here.

The rtcw.co.uk forums are about a year old now.

They were founded by a person called X-Cal. He is now in DN. He still plays with the Blue Blob after his name.

O

old.BlueFire

also Cage.......

CS is not newbie....

It is 3 years old in June (was founded on 19th June 1999).

The fact it is bigger than Quake atm (untill Quake 4 comes out) means the people who have or do play have some taste.

The abusive tone of your postings is also uncalled for...

You act like a 7 year old.. That is being cruel to 7 year olds tbh.

Users who are viewing this thread