Latest server info!!

- English -

Resident Freddy
omg i cant beleive people, they are freating over no servers

u shud get a life ;p

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
hmmm

as a tech guy myself i can understand that thing go wrong, and i am sure that GOA and Myth.. is doing whatever they can to fix the prob, ( after all , they do want our cash)..

i dont think the worst is the down servers its the lack of updates on homepage.. sure we FH junkies get our info from here , but there is a LOT of daoc people who dont use FH , or Pryd.net...

i think the PR dude/dudess need start updating the daoc.goa.com news page a bit more , when i vent to bed pretty early yesterday there was a msg bout delay etc etc , and now 11am its still the same message..

i do not expect mutch , but just SOME official info on those pages..
silly stuff like , what is the prob , eta on up again.. sure things changes , but still its news , and any news is good news :) and sure ,hard with ETA , but having updates now and then kinda solves that.

and i doubt that the tech guys working with the problem is the same who takes care of goa's PR ;)

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Think there is actually no need of whining, i once had a broken pc, no daoc for 3 months, and im still alive :p. No seriously there must be other things u can/want do.
Only thing i want is that servers ar eup tonight so i can host my raid as planned.

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
Tilda said:
1) Theres been a couple of patch days where the servers have been down most of a day. iirc, with SI they were down over night, although it may have been another patch around there.

2) Aside from that, theres the prydwen problem where servers were down for 3 days, but that was unrelated to a patch and so its unlikley to take that long.

3) Hopeful

And ty /bow

Koldbrann

Fledgling Freddie
Funny thing in this "whine thread" is that most of the whining comes from the ones that whine on the whines... get a life you forum trolls ... lol

Bigbrother

Fledgling Freddie
Koldbrann said:
Funny thing in this "whine thread" is that most of the whining comes from the ones that whine on the whines... get a life you forum trolls ... lol

whiner ;)
yummi.jpg

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
Kerith said:
jealousy ? 147 isn't that high tbh
not really my iq is 130 something but 145 is the approximate iq needed to get into mensa, meaning you are in the top 5% out of everyone on the planet.
and 150+ is the top 2% and 160+ is stephen hawkins territory. (164) to be exact

just seems a bit odd to me that 2 people who have iq's high enough to be in mensa are on the same thread on the same computer game forum, instead of in a physics forum over at http://superstringtheory.com/

but anyway it dont matter than conversation is finished now

(post took ages i had to look up stephen hawkins IQ :p )

Alan

Fledgling Freddie
Bigbrother said:
as a tech guy myself i can understand that thing go wrong, and i am sure that GOA and Myth.. is doing whatever they can to fix the prob, ( after all , they do want our cash)..

i dont think the worst is the down servers its the lack of updates on homepage.. sure we FH junkies get our info from here , but there is a LOT of daoc people who dont use FH , or Pryd.net...

i think the PR dude/dudess need start updating the daoc.goa.com news page a bit more , when i vent to bed pretty early yesterday there was a msg bout delay etc etc , and now 11am its still the same message..

i do not expect mutch , but just SOME official info on those pages..
silly stuff like , what is the prob , eta on up again.. sure things changes , but still its news , and any news is good news :) and sure ,hard with ETA , but having updates now and then kinda solves that.

and i doubt that the tech guys working with the problem is the same who takes care of goa's PR ;)

One thing that i did appreciate with SoE was how they kept the community updated if there was a problem, there were hourly updates even if it was "sorry no more news, but we are still here and working to fix the problem" it gave you a sense of comfort knowing the issues were still being looked at.

It would be nice to know what the problem is rather than just some vague "exceptional issue" the curiosity of the human mind needs feeding ! When you see the news on TV or in the paper that someone has died the first thing you want to know is "how!!"

brad

Fledgling Freddie
Give some more official info tbh........they must know an etc for when they think servers will be back up........i don't mind servers being down, as i only play at night anyway......but want i don't like is the lack of infomation we get about whats going to happen.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
would be cool to know what the problem is/was when they fix it, just out of morbid curiosity

RandomDotCom

Fledgling Freddie
J s p said:
Jeez so much moaning on here.

I suggest you all get back to work/school/college.

Servers are up when they are up.

i'm not going to work on my rest days, i had to work a 16h shift to get 4 days off (thur-sun). i left college a long time ago and school a few years before that :p

and yes, servers are up when they are up, but i didn't spend a few days planning a 4 day ml rush, getting as much new info on the patch as i could ... doing what little testing was available while the servers where up. Wouldn't it be great if i worked a jack load of overtime to get these days off just so that i, in essence, had to cancel everything that i had planned.

Not to mention my grandad is coming over on saturday, i NEED the servers to be up so i can do my ml rush and avoid him :p

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Bigbrother said:
i.. sure things changes , but still its news , and any news is good news :) and sure ,hard with ETA , but having updates now and then kinda solves that.

I think they are more or less working on the adage that 'no news is good news' tbh. Not that it aims to bring consolation either ;)

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
I can take it as long as it doesn't affect the weekend.... One thing that thus bothers me is that I had a BG up of random people in merely notime since first opening yesterday, and we were INCHES from engaging Danos.... crap!

So far I've glued a coke can to my bedroom door, broken one mirror, woken my brother up in the middle of the night in a way he'll never forget, and learnt Stairway to Heaven on guitar. No DAoC makes someone go.......:eek6:

Nuklear

Fledgling Freddie
Also agree with other people, this is not a whine

If they know what the problem is they should have an estimated fix time, at the end of the day somone has to take responsibility and state when they think it will get fixed ?? So tell us please

If they dont know what problem is which I guess is the case, then tell us that and say we working on it but dont know what problem is (obviously this will make them look a little retarded etc etc but at least we will know)

I also agree that people could have taken days off etc etc for the patch I know I used to, but its still peoples time

come on give us an ETA on these problems, and if you aint got a ETA then tell us that

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Latest News

As we announced yesterday at the end of the evening, an important problem forced us to postpone the reopening of the servers in version 1.82. Following this announcement, our technical teams and those of Mythic continued to analyse the issue that was encountered on some zones of the game.

To do so, we had to briefly reopen a server (Ys, towards 1.00 am and 1.30 am) in order to make sure that the diagnosis that had been made was correct. While the zone issues prevented us from thanking immediately the players that logged into the server at this time, they greatly helped us. Indeed, it was at this time that we could identify one of the characters that was causing this dysfunction.

Once he was identified, this character has been used for the remainder of the night on our test servers, to create a solution early this morning and this has now been tested several times on Brocéliande.

This bug affected characters that were logging in after they hadn't been played for several versions - Who took their Armsman out of his closet ? Their sole presence was triggering the closing of the zone on which they were trying to appear.

The fix is currently being applied to each server and they will be reopened as soon as possible.

We thank you again for your patience.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
LOL it was 1 guy caused the whole thing! glad im not him :p lol
j/k

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
Myrtle could you please take that again? Or someone else who could clarify?? Please??? :D

Neffneff

Fledgling Freddie
ROFL!!! Armsmen are SOOOO over-powered this patch they can ACTUALLY kill the server itself?!?!?

Marcus75

Fledgling Freddie
I knew Albs were to blaim (Armsmen everywhere!!) erm...wait...I play Alb too...*shutting up*

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Arabnisse said:
Myrtle could you please take that again? Or someone else who could clarify?? Please??? :D

Basically someone tried to log in a character on an account that hadn't been played in months and months. This caused the zone to crash. The game will be working again soon :clap:

enigma

Fledgling Freddie
I'm not an armsman, but I logged on for the first time yesterday since many patches. :p

Tip

One of Freddy's beloved
LoL reading these posts you would have thought peoples lives had gone on hold cause the servers are down, were all god damn Online Junkies lets admitt it, i have managed to break the addiction slightly lately, and the cure is Women!! and Beer!! it works!!

Nuklear

Fledgling Freddie
I also logged in characters yesterday that had not been played for ages and ages, but isnt that what they expected after such a patch.

:) Obviously they tested for it NOT

Ohh well looks like servers up soon allthough again they havent gave any ETA on when just said patch is being applied, this could be another 6 hours away

Arabnisse

Fledgling Freddie
Waaaahoooooooo off to GF and when back DAoC will be up!! What a shining day this will be after all! Ty Myrtle, Ty Requiel, and ty GOA for actually rewarding me for having time to do my homework :)

Moaning Myrtle

Fledgling Freddie
Tip said:
LoL reading these posts you would have thought peoples lives had gone on hold cause the servers are down, were all god damn Online Junkies lets admitt it, i have managed to break the addiction slightly lately, and the cure is Women!! and Beer!! it works!!

It works temporarily. Beer and women become boring after a while.

Aeris

Fledgling Freddie
booked time off work yesterday so i could be home for opening of server (im working 2-10 shift this week) and this happens :O now it will prbably be up for when i go back to work :(

im sooo gonna slap that armsman ! with a bright yellow rubber glove ! oh yes, he will know he was slapped by me !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom