Latest server info!!

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
Moaning Myrtle said:
It works temporarily. Beer and women become boring after a while.

try it in differant countries, works wonders for me... :m00:

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
eggy said:
147 is way above average.

In the general population, yes. Depends what company you keep. It's a lot higher among university students. Seemed pretty high at LRP events.

Wish I could find the 'Intelligence has much less practical application than you'd think' Dilbert cartoon at this point.

I've never bothered to get my IQ checked - why would I think that a culturally biased test that only looks at a small % of what the brain can do is any decent guide to intelligence, or that it is worth knowing.

I'm also sure my IQ would be far higher in the middle of the evening than first thing in the morning when I've just woken up, so how come people have only one IQ number ?

I'm used to high IQ people being around. At one stage I felt decidedly unusual amoung my circle of friends, lacking a PhD as I do.

Darzil

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
Heh - ok looks like what we needed then was testers who didn't test for a few years to come back and test just for this patch ?

Yeah, can see why that'd be spotted!

Darzil

soze

I am a FH squatter
Darzil said:
Heh - ok looks like what we needed then was testers who didn't test for a few years to come back and test just for this patch ?

Yeah, can see why that'd be spotted!

Darzil

We clearly need a rotation of testers 1 test on 3 tests off

Z

Zuza

Hey there. This is my first post here in FH but i visited the forum many times for peeks and infos that i needed.

Hope the servers will be back soon. Gotta keep workin on it ;)

:cheers:

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
In the general population, yes. Depends what company you keep

wow u sound like my uncle, he is an i have a PHD so all you lower beings can remove yourselves from my presence kind of guy.

also the reason IQ doesnt seem to mean anything is because it has nothing to do with knowledge, someone who is at university for example or someone who has a PHD means absolutly nothing in relation to their IQ

your IQ is your ability to understand what you are seing and how well and fast you can learn and how you perceive things which gives an idea of how well your brain is working..

someone with very low IQ can get a PHD, someone with a very high IQ can fail their GCSE's it doesnt measure how much you know at all.

also, university students have an average IQ a lot lower than you would expect, and binmen have much higher IQ than you would expect

university students just seem to have a higher IQ because they a: act intellegent, and b: have learned a lot, neither of which rely on or give any indication of their IQ

Dervish

Fledgling Freddie
They said it 'might' be an armsmen... my bet is that a lot of very keen Thanes were dusted off.

It will be so good to see them in RvR at last, great class that finally got the attention they have deserved forever.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
albert einstein's IQ was apparenty only around the 130 mark (from research not a test) he had learned eveything their is to know in his one given field, but his actual capacity for understanding other things was rubbish.

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
"Who took their Armsman out of his closet ? Their sole presence was triggering the closing of the zone on which they were trying to appear."

might have been? seems to say it was :p

i think they were actually just being funny, all they really said was it was an old character from many expansions past, it prolly wasnt actually an armsman

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
XenX said:
albert einstein's IQ was apparenty only around the 130 mark (from research not a test) he had learned eveything their is to know in his one given field, but his actual capacity for understanding other things was rubbish.

you mean he couldn't cook....
:m00:

Kev

One of Freddy's beloved
XenX said:

no wonder it took him 10 years to write the equasions for the General Theory :p

Honza

Fledgling Freddie
Ye, would have to travel by sewers if it was me...

But let's be honest... it was Calvin :) (jk)

Haazheel

Fledgling Freddie
Aeris said:
booked time off work yesterday so i could be home for opening of server (im working 2-10 shift this week) and this happens :O now it will prbably be up for when i go back to work :(

im sooo gonna slap that armsman ! with a bright yellow rubber glove ! oh yes, he will know he was slapped by me !

actually .. if you look carefully at all the patch days in europe since launch of daoc you will see that taking the next day off is probably one of the most frustrating thing to do ;)

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
i had 165 IQ after i did the same test 3 times :)

actual IQ i get in those online tests is about 135, prolly exagerrated. but u gotta tihnk 100 avg, all those chavs (about 50% of pop) have iq of 60 so the other 1/2 need to balance the avg to 100 so the other 1/2 are 130-140 iq :p

vavires

Fledgling Freddie
XenX said:

wow u sound like my uncle, he is an i have a PHD so all you lower beings can remove yourselves from my presence kind of guy.

also the reason IQ doesnt seem to mean anything is because it has nothing to do with knowledge, someone who is at university for example or someone who has a PHD means absolutly nothing in relation to their IQ

your IQ is your ability to understand what you are seing and how well and fast you can learn and how you perceive things which gives an idea of how well your brain is working..

someone with very low IQ can get a PHD, someone with a very high IQ can fail their GCSE's it doesnt measure how much you know at all.

also, university students have an average IQ a lot lower than you would expect, and binmen have much higher IQ than you would expect

university students just seem to have a higher IQ because they a: act intellegent, and b: have learned a lot, neither of which rely on or give any indication of their IQ

90% of those students get out in life after relaxing time at school, to come to the understanding that they actually know nothing about life.

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
XenX said:

IQ is a measure of reasoning ability of a certain type. The tests I've seen have been similar to the 'non-verbal reasoning' tests they used to throw around at school. If you have the sort of brain that's 'clever' at spacial problem solving, you'll excel at them. If you have to sort of brain that's 'clever' at linguistics, it won't help.

My wife is a faster learner generally than me, and is cleverer in a real world situation. I probably would score higher on an IQ test, cos it's the sort of test that I'm good at.

What does that mean in practice - nothing significant.

I find the whole concept of IQ as a measure of worth hilarious !

Darzil

[GOA]Erivoss

[GOA] Official type person
and while you're all chatting away you didn't notice Glastonbury, Excalibur/Prydwen and a bunch of other servers come up :(

spook

Fledgling Freddie
NOOO, I'm still at work :(

Take them down again! Can't wait for MS & CB credit for second repopround :p

In all seriousness, thanks for the hard work once again Erivoss, greatly appreciated :)

XenX

Fledgling Freddie
who ever said intellegence was a measure of worth?

and linguistics is a part of an IQ test as well as maths general knowledge perception etc..

it isnt designed to be a measure of who is better than who, it is designed to show intellegence, as i said before intellegence and knowledge are 2 very different things, which you dont seem to understand which is why you dont think IQ actually means anything of worth,

it does mean something it just doesnt mean what you think its supposed to mean, but anyway i thought this conversation was over ages ago?

"and is cleverer in a real " <<-- linguistics, your wife would score higher

Darzil

Fledgling Freddie
XenX said:
and linguistics is a part of an IQ test as well as maths general knowledge perception etc..

If these things are included, they make the test culturally biased. These sort of tests are the ones 'proved' that various peoples of the world have lower intelligence than 'us'. ie they are crap measures.

it isnt designed to be a measure of who is better than who, it is designed to show intellegence, as i said before intellegence and knowledge are 2 very different things, which you dont seem to understand which is why you dont think IQ actually means anything of worth,

it does mean something it just doesnt mean what you think its supposed to mean, but anyway i thought this conversation was over ages ago?

What does it mean, then ?

I think it is a measure of something, but not anything worthwhile, except maybe for bragging rights.

If I see IQ mentioned on a CV (and I have), I tend to just think that that person doesn't know what is relevant to an employer.

Maybe I'm wrong, though. What does it mean ?

Darzil

ps. Thanks for the hard work GOA. See you in 5 hours when I'm not stuck in work.

Takhasis

Can't get enough of FH
Erivoss, i told u to wait till i was home dammit ....

Anyway, gj GOA, now go get a much deserved coffee and kip and pulling the all-nighter :worthy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom