Lag problems with MOHAA

O

old.RoganJosh

Has anyone got any tips/solutions to the terrible lag I'm experiencing when playing MOH? I normally ping around 40-60 in Q3, but MOH gives me pings of 180-250 - I see some people pinging at around 40-60 and can only assume they have ADSL. This isn't available to me, and probably never will be so I'm stuck with ISDN. In quake 3 I have managed to reduce my pings using console commands, can the same commands be used in MOH? I can only assume EA have messed around with the net-code.
Any help or explanantions would be greatly appreciated.
Ta!

P

Pac^

yeh...
the same commands for netcode are available however u need to drop the / when using the console..ie instead of typing

/set snaps "20"

you simply type

set snaps "20"

also moh is more graphically intensive game than vanilla q3a so take into account that it using more cpu power and if yr isdn card is a software one it will effect ping.
some more tweaking guides can be found in the following link.

http://www.mohmatch.com/view.php?id=57

O

old.RoganJosh

Cheers

Thanks for the advice m8 - gonna try the old q3 config settings now, My cpu should be ok - 1.2ghz athlon, 512mb 133 sdram cas2, kt133a gigabyte mobo, geforce 2ultra :-( and with the exception of the foggy snowy level i get 70+fps. My isdn card is a Diva pro - don't think it's software based - never heard of a software based isdn card - but my 1st bt speedway card could have been a contender for world's worst ping. I'm caned, I shouldn't be putting those scrawls down for people to see.
Thanks again

;-)
:clap:

S

spiny

Any luck with your tweaking Rogan? I'm on ISDN too and can't seem to get much green in the bottom line of the netgraph at all. Permanently yellow :( (unlike Q3A, RTCW, Sof2Demo, JK2 which are fine)

I heard there was a linux server in the works too, but it's gone v. quiet of late :(

Users who are viewing this thread