lag bugs

V

voltage

Originally posted by scarffs
No way.
Try playing a tank on a bard or druid lately.( of course not all of them, but seen quite some last few days ) Kinda strange these are the guys with the bad connection, and they only warp when pursued by a train ?

2 things I'd say to this -

when pursued by a train, a lot more info is going to be sent to + from your char, so more likely to get the lag.

also about the last few days being worse, either all the bards+druids in hibernia sat down and said: lets all cheat next time we RvR, OR the recent problems with open transit are leading to the servers being slightly less reactive than usual.

Which one is more likely?

Personally, I blame Derric tho.

K

koi

Originally posted by GrivneKelmorian
A scout, Koi, that i found using volley outside svasud. I jumped him PA and then he lagged. lagged in to the guards. Way out of range.

Got a screenshot of his dead corps too :D

lag abuse is bad...really bad imo :(

hmmm some people cant help there lag you know, my lag is just as bad for me as it is for you, cant do anything sometimes as my comp freezes and next min im dead :p trying to sort it out though so maybe next time i wont lag so much meaning you can pwn me :D

O

old.Hardbein

Senario from yesterday in emain (relaying what some of the tanks in my group said in /g):

Target hero
/stick
The hero starts to jump around like a "muppet"
Try to hit -> out of range
<repeat 20x>

I cast healer stunn on hero
Whacka
Whacka
Whacka

Dead hero!!

The hero lags like hell and warps all over the place, as soon as I get Stun in on him he stays put and the tank catches up on him. This was from a well know RvR guild on hib/pry.

R

Roo Stercogburn

Because so much of this type of cheating is open to interpretation its always going to be murky and both easy to accuse and hard to prove.

Just to muddy it further though... :D

I haven't bothered reading this thread at all until a few minutes ago but something leaped to mind immediately.

I often have to play on a 28K connection. On big raids I get disconnected quite often if I'm not at home.

Last night Feds were out RvRing. A few times I saw tanks that should have been thwacking away at me (on as my shammy) just standing there and looking at me. I had effects off so they may have been mezzed or stunned, but I'm wondering now if I was lagging around something awful.

On this particular connection I often get several seconds delay between hitting the button and seeing the results of that action, if at all. Normally it means I'm dead before I get a chance to react to anything going on in the game world and tbh I think makes me a liability to my own side more than a benefit.

(I shudder to think what would happen if I took a screenshot while fighting on this connection. I'd probably be the first Midgardian in orbit :D)

Aaaaanyway. The point of this rambling?

I would apparently be a prime candidate to be accused of lag cheating. I don't play tanks, all my toons are casters or support chars and I'm often on a bad bad connection when I can't be at home with my nice broadband conn and high spec PC.

As has been said - there are cheaters who must win at all costs but not everyone who lags is cheating. Gather evidence if you can, report to Right Now, loosen sphyncters and chill out :)

EDIT: Oh and I have to often run in Windowed mode as I'm checking maps and locations when I'm running stuff. I've got 3 laptops but I tend to only take 1 around with me.

S

slaraigh

Since DAoC is a network game, and the players exist on different location all over the world, lag will, and ever has been a problem. Lagging can be caused by both bad ISP's and user modification (i.e pulling the plug to create packetloss), and it's hard to say if it's deliberate or not.

Until the game code is made so that packet modifying persons won't get any benefit from this (which I doubt will be made), you can't do anything about it.

Other than of course say "stop it, we know you're doing this deliberately, and we will report you". Then maybe a GM or somone can monitor this players packetloss, and see if it only occurs in given RvR situations when the player have a benefit from it.

I've been playing network games fo a while, and I see these kinds of people from time to time, in various games. And it's because they don't have the skill to win in a normal way they do this. Normally very bad losers :p

O

old.mattshanes

Originally posted by old.Hardbein
Senario from yesterday in emain (relaying what some of the tanks in my group said in /g):

Target hero
/stick
The hero starts to jump around like a "muppet"
<repeat 20x>

I cast healer stunn on hero
Whacka
Whacka
Whacka

Dead hero!!

The hero lags like hell and warps all over the place, as soon as I get Stun in on him he stays put and the tank catches up on him. This was from a well know RvR guild on hib/pry.

I had a tank yesterday on low hp, even used stick and face and it still was far away out of range but could hit me :/

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom