Labour and Ken

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
cast my vote this morning, only person in the polling station (apart from the officials) which seemed a bit odd. Lazy fucking londoners.
That'll be Zarjazz then...

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Totally amazed that Labour are 550+ seats up and have taken control of 28 councils outright (so far!). All that with a non-entity leader and zero clearly defined economic policies. People have just voted out of anger which I can totally understand but switching votes to Labour who clearly don't have a plan makes little sense. Then again I guess there isn't much choice, no one in thier right mind will vote Liberal and both UKIP/BNP are too far right wing for the majority of the elctorate. For most it comes down to red or blue I guess and the blues have so far utterly failed to deliver any kind of recovery, we are just bouncing along the bottom. The Olympics and Euro 2012 will provide a boost for the next quarter but the one after that is what really worries me, the economy needs a real kick before the run up to Christmas or we are going to see more job losses.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Totally amazed that Labour are 550+ seats up and have taken control of 28 councils outright (so far!). All that with a non-entity leader and zero clearly defined economic policies. People have just voted out of anger which I can totally understand but switching votes to Labour who clearly don't have a plan makes little sense. Then again I guess there isn't much choice, no one in thier right mind will vote Liberal and both UKIP/BNP are too far right wing for the majority of the elctorate. For most it comes down to red or blue I guess and the blues have so far utterly failed to deliver any kind of recovery, we are just bouncing along the bottom. The Olympics and Euro 2012 will provide a boost for the next quarter but the one after that is what really worries me, the economy needs a real kick before the run up to Christmas or we are going to see more job losses.
I think that naive people have been voting for Labour due to the austerity measures the Coalition Government has introduced. What they instantly see is hardship and rising costs etc. Therefore they get pissed off with the current government. What they fail to understand/see is
  • The previous Government (Labour) went on a spending spree with no accountability and put us in this mess.
  • The austerity measures in place are helping to keep our credit rating great so we pay less interest on loans.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
It is a hell of a bad place to recover from, they are doing pretty well in my opinion. If it wasn't for them we would probably be junked by now.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think that naive people have been voting for Labour due to the austerity measures the Coalition Government has introduced. What they instantly see is hardship and rising costs etc. Therefore they get pissed off with the current government. What they fail to understand/see is
  • The previous Government (Labour) went on a spending spree with no accountability and put us in this mess.
  • The austerity measures in place are helping to keep our credit rating great so we pay less interest on loans.

It is a culmination of things Deebs and yes the last government made massive mistakes from 2003 onwards, the overspend was designed to get that one eyed fucker Brown into number 10 and he sold us all down the river to buy his way in. As for the austerity measures, again I have said it many times but I will repeat that it needed to happen, just on a slower timetable and combined with a small increase in tax revenue so as not to stifle growth. Instead what we have had is hundreds of thousands extra out of work and claiming benefits or even worse working part time and claiming tax credits. Moderate earning public sector workers losing thier jobs thus reversing any potential growth gains.

Now we are wasting billions paying private sector companies to fiddle the books and make benefits claimants jump through hoops, also billions more funding the exploitation of the apprenticeship schemes so companies like Morrisons can emply tens of thousands of employees but have thier wages paid for direct from the treasury. No society can work when the taxpayer is paying billions to hide the true unemployment numbers. Those billions need to be spent on job creation by incentivising investment, not given to sharks who dump vast amounts into slush funds.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It isn't that surprising, but then it won't translate well when it comes to the general election.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Standard protest vote tbh. Council elections turn out this way so often its barely worth commenting on anymore.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
It isn't that surprising, but then it won't translate well when it comes to the general election.

Depends on the next two years and if we get a recovery. If we keep bumping along the bottom it will be a Labour landslide, alot of the people who changed sides at the last election are massively regretting it and have been the ones hardest hit. They will not vote Liberal again and the Tories will be judged on numbers alone, it will be all about growth which I think is fair, if they can't produce a period of growth after 5 years then we really need to be looking at different ideas. Sadly Labour have none and I do mean NONE. All you hear out of Milliband and Balls is the same old cliches but no hard numbers or new ideas.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Depends on the next two years and if we get a recovery. If we keep bumping along the bottom it will be a Labour landslide, alot of the people who changed sides at the last election are massively regretting it and have been the ones hardest hit. They will not vote Liberal again and the Tories will be judged on numbers alone, it will be all about growth which I think is fair, if they can't produce a period of growth after 5 years then we really need to be looking at different ideas. Sadly Labour have none and I do mean NONE. All you hear out of Milliband and Balls is the same old cliches but no hard numbers or new ideas.
Growth is a fucking farce, you can't have infinite growth.

Whoever promises to keep expenditure at a lower level than income will continue to get my vote.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Growth is a fucking farce, you can't have infinite growth.

Whoever promises to keep expenditure at a lower level than income will continue to get my vote.

Agreed, however after a recession you NEED growth to reverse the downward trend of previous years, that in itself is stability over the longer term.

Also, balancing the books is a must, we are in a fucking mess and have been for most of the time since World War 2. It requires brave new ideas and the population to embrace them, can't see that happening myself, too many of us stuck in our ways.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
What we need is people to get things working on a rational basis.

The NHS expenditure nearly trebled from 1997 to 2010.

This sort of shit isn't sustainable. If tax receipts had gone up in proportion to cover the increases then fine but they haven't.

Before I get everyone hating on me as well if I were doing the chopping I'd start with the simple stuff like "no, you can't have a boob job / sex change on the NHS"

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
What we need is people to get things working on a rational basis.

The NHS expenditure nearly trebled from 1997 to 2010.

This sort of shit isn't sustainable. If tax receipts had gone up in proportion to cover the increases then fine but they haven't.

Before I get everyone hating on me as well if I were doing the chopping I'd start with the simple stuff like "no, you can't have a boob job / sex change on the NHS"

NHS wastage is fucking obscene and alot of that is down to private contracts, yet we seem to be traveling further down that road. As an example, when cleaning was done by inhouse staff the infection rates were much lower and thus compensation claims were lower. The slightly higher cost of directly employing cleaners was much more than offset by the reduced legal and compensation amounts. Then you have admin staffing levels which are insane, sadly because of my health I am fairly often at Tameside Hospital and the sheer amount of receptionists sat on thier arse doing nothing is disgusting. Oh yes they are shuffling paper but how long does it really take organise the files for the 20 patients that your consultant is due to see that afternoon? Certainly not 4 fucking hours. Cull half the admin staff and make the fat bastards work for a living.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
both UKIP/BNP are too far right wing for the majority of the elctorate.

I think you make a mistake in putting those two parties next to oneanother. The BNP's social and economic politics are very far removed from those of UKIP, and the latter just happens to be gaining votes year on year.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
I think you make a mistake in putting those two parties next to oneanother. The BNP's social and economic politics are very far removed from those of UKIP, and the latter just happens to be gaining votes year on year.

Yeah it wasn't intentional, just indicating right wing agendas although poles apart in policy and tolerance.

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
big jump for livingstone there between the 11th and 12th locations

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
As long as those cunts aka Labour do not get in I will be happy.

Calaen

it's not going to make a shit of difference, the coalition will be gone soon enough, whether it's the best thing for the country or not. They could have gone about the cuts in a much better manner personally which might have gave them a chance to add a bit of longevity to their alliance. Instead we've had in fighting, tax on warm fucking pasties. And quite frankly it's even more obvious now than it ever was that non of the fuckers in government have a grasp of living a normal life in our country. they are so far fucking removed from it.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Calaen Totally disagree. Labour will not get in for many years (thank fuck).

Calaen

your wrong my friend, you are wrong.

Calaen

They will be gone at the next general election. People are getting sick of the it's the problems we've inherited bollocks. if they didn't want to deal with it they should not have tried to get voted in. Now they are in whenever times get tough they throw the labour did it card in. Unemployment higher than ever and not going down, people will remember this for years to come, just like thatchers reign. And us northern folk don't forget being hung out to dry ;)

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
They will be gone at the next general election. People are getting sick of the it's the problems we've inherited bollocks. if they didn't want to deal with it they should not have tried to get voted in. Now they are in whenever times get tough they throw the labour did it card in. Unemployment higher than ever and not going down, people will remember this for years to come, just like thatchers reign. And us northern folk don't forget being hung out to dry ;)
The only reason we are in the situation we are in is DUE to the Labour cunts. Period.

Calaen

yada yada yada, we can always roll it back to the previous government, thathers period blah blah blah. They will be out on their arses; you mark my words. Whether it's the right thing to do or not. The people who are being hit worse will speak with their votes.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
yada yada yada, we can always roll it back to the previous government, thathers period blah blah blah. They will be out on their arses; you mark my words. Whether it's the right thing to do or not. The people who are being hit worse will speak with their votes.
Eh? Under Thatchers government I was better off, the country was moving along nicely.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
The only reason we are in the situation we are in is DUE to the Labour cunts. Period.

The global recession due to unsafe lending and short selling had nothing to do with it eh? Period defines it as total and it is nothing of the sort. The U.K. is as much at the mercy of world credit markets as any other nation our size. In short, no credit crisis and this recession would have ended 3 years ago and not have been anything like as steep.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
The global recession due to unsafe lending and short selling had nothing to do with it eh? Period defines it as total and it is nothing of the sort. The U.K. is as much at the mercy of world credit markets as any other nation our size. In short, no credit crisis and this recession would have ended 3 years ago and not have been anything like as steep.
Bollox. Labour ruined it before the global recession took place.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Eh? Under Thatchers government I was better off, the country was moving along nicely.

Well as long as you are alright everything must be rosey then? Or was it? Currency devaluation, two major stockmarket crashes, selling off all the social housing stock at up to 80% below market value and not making sure the money was reinvested in new stock thus ensuring a housing price bubble and forcing us into another crisis with unsustainable lending.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom