Politics Labour’s next leader

Who should the next leader be?

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Everythings going fine...only 40 MP's say they'll quit if she becomes leader.

Embattle

FH is my second home
I see Labour are overcoming the division in the party with more division.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I see Labour are overcoming the division in the party with more division.
Blairites need to fuck off out of the party tbpfh.

They failed. Blairism doesn't work any better than tory-ism.

We need a whole new approach.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Blairites need to fuck off out of the party tbpfh.

They failed. Blairism doesn't work any better than tory-ism.

We need a whole new approach.
How do you define a Blairite?

Also define ‘doesn't work’? I presume ‘working’ doesn’t include getting elected.

Job

probably might as well just sit back and wait for Boris to fuck up.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Also define ‘doesn't work’?
They presided over worsening inequality and environmental degredation - making zero substantive progress on the critical issues that plague mankind. Their lack of progress on inequality and social justice meant that when the economic crash happened in 2008 that people were already hugely disillusioned and, with the Tories following them, has lead directly to brexit and all the shitstorm to come.

Our political system is failing the majority massively. It's fucking broken and needs fixing - says yet another billionaire.

I presume ‘working’ doesn’t include getting elected.
What's the fucking point of getting elected if you're not going to change anything?

Answer that: What is the fucking point?

Edit: I've been asking that for quite a while now. It's relevant to your tump obsession - who gives a fuck if an orange criminal who ostensibly plays for the reds is in charge of the USA if the alternative blue team aren't going to make the radical structural changes required.

Obama was just a black George Dubya. He achieved fuck all of real significance - and I include Obamacare in that. There was no point to him. Just like there's no fucking point in Labour.

Our whole system is fucked.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
1) Not winning elections doesn’t change anything

2) Labour, Tories, Lib Dems, Republicans, Democrats. All the same. No difference. Might as well have the shits in power. Why even try? ... Sounds like you’ve had a good dose of voter suppression propaganda. Been reading RT?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
1) Not winning elections doesn’t change anything

2) Labour, Tories, Lib Dems, Republicans, Democrats. All the same. No difference. Might as well have the shits in power. Why even try? ... Sounds like you’ve had a good dose of voter suppression propaganda. Been reading RT?
Sorry @Wij - you've failed to answer the central question. If New Labour failed, which they obviously and demonstratively did, why vote them and those sort of policies back in?

That was the question.

The definition of madness is doing the same thing and expecting a different result. Bringing New Labour back, which is what we were talking about, is pointless.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
They presided over worsening inequality and environmental degredation - making zero substantive progress on the critical issues that plague mankind. Their lack of progress on inequality and social justice meant that when the economic crash happened in 2008 that people were already hugely disillusioned and, with the Tories following them, has lead directly to brexit and all the shitstorm to come.

Our political system is failing the majority massively. It's fucking broken and needs fixing - says yet another billionaire.

What's the fucking point of getting elected if you're not going to change anything?

Answer that: What is the fucking point?

Edit: I've been asking that for quite a while now. It's relevant to your tump obsession - who gives a fuck if an orange criminal who ostensibly plays for the reds is in charge of the USA if the alternative blue team aren't going to make the radical structural changes required.

Obama was just a black George Dubya. He achieved fuck all of real significance - and I include Obamacare in that. There was no point to him. Just like there's no fucking point in Labour.

Our whole system is fucked.

Good grief, when are you finishing sixth form again? Don't be so childish, the best one can hope for in politics is the party that does the least harm, and Iraq war aside, nuLab were pretty much that for the whole of the last 30 years. Would a nu-nuLab fix the environment? Nope, but the Tories certainly fucking won't and they'll sell everyone to the Chinese for their organs at the same time.

Apart from anything else, a credible opposition makes for better government, the bullshit coming out of Labour is not that.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Good grief, when are you finishing sixth form again? Don't be so childish, the best one can hope for in politics is the party that does the least harm, and Iraq war aside, nuLab were pretty much that for the whole of the last 30 years. Would a nu-nuLab fix the environment? Nope
So why devote so much time talking about fucking politics when, from your own mouth, it's a waste of time.

Apart from anything else, a credible opposition makes for better government, the bullshit coming out of Labour is not that.
I don't disagree with you - but if "better government" means the sort of failed shit that has led to the situation we see now then who gives a fuck?

"Finishing sixth form" - don't make me laugh. If our system of politics is not capable of bringing about meaningful change then you waste your life engaging with it.

Maybe Mr Leary was correct:
my advice to people today is as follows: if you take the game of life seriously, if you take your nervous system seriously, if you take your sense organs seriously, if you take the energy process seriously, you must turn on, tune in and drop out

Job

Keir Starmer.

Yup, he'll do it, just the fucking name and Oxford credentials cries out to the Labour base.

Job

The Guardian is now requiring sign in across the website.

The end is nigh.

Job

Theyve got a daily print circulation of 600K, the Mails is 2.7m.

They are basically begging for money on the site and now have gone sign in only.

Predictably enough they woop the mail on desktop hits...got to be seen being woke at work.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I find it funny how he thinks he can come here and straight up lie.

Job

You have to sign in....you must be signed in.Screenshot_2020-03-05-16-45-50.png

Job

Is it mobile only...or just the North.

How weird it wouldnt let me view anything without signing in or ignoring it and they seemed to have ditched that straight away.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
Is it mobile only...or just the North.

How weird it wouldnt let me view anything without signing in or ignoring it and they seemed to have ditched that straight away.
It keeps a tally (in cookies) of how many articles you've accessed and once you hit a certain number in a certain amount of time it will tell you to sign in/up.

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
I'm surprised they haven't blacklisted his IP has a suspected DDoS attack tbh.

Job

Im certainly blocked from commenting

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You have to sign in....you must be signed in.View attachment 41169
User error

Or maybe they're tracking your phone because you're such a giant asshat they don't want you on there unless you sign in. One can only hope.

Meanwhile, the rest of the western world can read the guardian just fine without signining in.

Job

I think its what Cal said...I kept getting messages about how many articles I had read and then they forced me to sign in.

Whay can I say.....Im well read.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom