Politics Labour’s next leader

Who should the next leader be?

• Total voters

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
It will be David Milliband

Ormorof

FH is my second home
Voted for Khan just because Job would go into overdrive if he becomes leader of opposition

caLLous

I am a FH squatter
FH Subscriber
A couple of years ago I might've put Chuka Umunna's name forward but yeah, probably not now.

Job

Voted for Khan just because Job would go into overdrive if he becomes leader of opposition
It would be hilarious.
Imagine the face on the jews...holy fuck, now its actually real.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Really torn between Starmer and Phillips.... decided Phillips as I would like to see how Bozza deals with that passionate individual;)

Yoni

Oooooo just read the small print and voted both

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
To be honest, if that's the choice then Labour are fucked, seriously.

Starmer is an arch-Remainer who always looks like he's a couple of hours late for a poo, Long-Bailey is a Shadow Business Secretary that can't tell the difference between revenue and profit, Jess Phillips probably couldn't stop talking about herself for long enough to get anything done, Nugee openly thinks voters are retards, and I wouldn't trust any of the others to wire a plug.

To have any chance of being taken seriously, Momentum - along with Owen Jones, Sarkar, Bastani and all that lot need to be fucked off, and look at some of the politicians they've told to "Fuck off and join the Tories". So Dave Milliband, Dan Jarvis, Alan Johnstone, Tom Harris, Burnham, Flint, Mann etc.

None of the impressive Labour Mps are still in Parliament, and speaking as someone quite happy with the idea of Boris as PM, a strong opposition to hold him to account will be massively important.

Ormorof

FH is my second home
What does electrical wiring skill have to do with leadership? :p never heard that expression before, but i like it!

I think Labour is in trouble regardless of who gets picked, will likely be a long time in opposition unless something crazy happens

Yoni

I disagree with you over Starmer in particular, yes he is a remainder BUT I think he has the foresight to oppose Johnson - I watched him challenge in parliament several times recently and he is decent. I like Phillips because she can rally and inspire - also not sure Bozza will be able to handle her ;) without appearing misogynistic which will be fun.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
And we will have left the EU so what does it matter anymore if Starmer was a remainer or not?
It's completely irrelevant or do you think he will try and rejoin the EU?

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Cant stand Phillips or Thornberry.

It's great that all the defectors have been fucked into the long grass by the electorate tho :)

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
And we will have left the EU so what does it matter anymore if Starmer was a remainer or not?
It's completely irrelevant or do you think he will try and rejoin the EU?

I mean, the Tories have taken Labour strong holds, thanks to Brexit.

If you don't think they're going to be playing the Brexit card long beyond we've left, I think you'll be sorely mistaken :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Tories holding a grudge against someone that lost makes them a bigger knob than they were to begin with.

Yoni

I mean, the Tories have taken Labour strong holds, thanks to Brexit.

If you don't think they're going to be playing the Brexit card long beyond we've left, I think you'll be sorely mistaken :p
I cant work out if your are serious in your first sentence.... if you look in to those areas there are votes that when to the brexit fuckers, not only due to being leavers but also due to Corbyn... please please do not state the opposite because it is bull crap. Even in the ex mining towns around coventry more people voted Tory than Labour (due to Corbyn not just Brexit). Labour should have walked this election ... they failed.

Gwadien

I cant work out if your are serious in your first sentence.... if you look in to those areas there are votes that when to the brexit fuckers, not only due to being leavers but also due to Corbyn... please please do not state the opposite because it is bull crap. Even in the ex mining towns around coventry more people voted Tory than Labour (due to Corbyn not just Brexit). Labour should have walked this election ... they failed.

We'll see when we get to the next election, I'm going to assume the Tory media machine will start spinning to shit all over the next Labour leader.

Sure, Corbyn had faults, but there's a perfect example of my point;
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IVKUrEIPMew

He hates Corbyn because of his IRA links and that there was no justice for the Birmingham bombings.

However, he did support Blair who signed a deal which released most of the IRA terrorists from prison.

Our political spectrum is sliding, I'm sure it'll soon end up like the US in the near future.

Embattle

FH is my second home
It was a multitude of reason why Labour failed to win, or even get close to winning.

Embattle

FH is my second home
While it is logical who is leading our poll, Rebecca Long-Bailey seems to be the bookies favourite at the moment which is also logical considering where the Labour party is at the momentum :p

Yoni

Again they will fail to get in touch with their members (other than momentum) and supporters

Wij

I am a FH squatter
While it is logical who is leading our poll, Rebecca Long-Bailey seems to be the bookies favourite at the moment which is also logical considering where the Labour party is at the momentum :p
You're joking?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
@Wij

https://www.paddypower.com/politics

Rebecca Long Bailey 7/4
Lisa Nandy 4/1
Keir Starmer 6/1
Angela Rayner 8/1
Jess Phillips 12/1
Yvette Cooper 22/1
Clive Lewis 33/1
Dan Jarvis 33/1
Emily Thornberry 40/1
OMG. But I suppose the Labour membership that joined in 2015 hasn't all gone yet. They seem determined to keep the Tories in power forever.

Job

Tbh...I dont give a shit.

Boris is a dictator now and we'll just have to live with it.

Embattle

FH is my second home
OMG. But I suppose the Labour membership that joined in 2015 hasn't all gone yet. They seem determined to keep the Tories in power forever.

Those that picked and heavily supported JC and company are still there, considering the excuses that are coming out they are laying the groundwork for the next leader to be just like him thus she fits the bill.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Fucking tankies ruin everything.

Gwadien

Fucking tankies ruin everything.

It wouldn't make a difference anyway.

You should be happy really, because Labour don't really have a chance of contesting power for about a decade so surely that time is best served allowing Labour to destroy any left sentiment they have left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom