News Koreans start shelling each other

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
FFS they shoud just settle it on DAOC like every other fucker has to, NK can be Albs, and SK can be Mids, Hibs can America

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
NK would just camp inside buildings and whine then.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Guaranteed the Yanks would flyhack & get banned by the UN for 3 days

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
To be able to have 120 000 commandos says something about the quality tho. Its not always in the numbers, especially not when there comes to elite units.

It kinda adds up, if you consider the amount of money NK spends on their military each year. The quality can't be that good(About 5 billion USD divided on 1,1million soldiers and equipment in total).
another thing to take into consideration is that its a poor country, but its almost completly controlled by government. This means they dont have to buy from suppliers if the country can produce it by themselves and they do have quite large amounts of natural resources. I could imagine their army gets a shitty pay as well.

Gwadien

another thing to take into consideration is that its a poor country, but its almost completly controlled by government. This means they dont have to buy from suppliers if the country can produce it by themselves and they do have quite large amounts of natural resources. I could imagine their army gets a shitty pay as well.

It's a communist country, if it's a real hardcore communist country, but who knows due to their sanctions on other countries not allowing people to come in.. then indeed, it should be minted in it's own right - building stuff it needs, not for trade, but for what it needs - It could be hiding things, we don't know, because it's a communist country, and we can't get into it, we just don't know.

Chosen

Resident Freddy

Ofcourse, the price difference in having soldiers opperated in NK compared to other western countries might be huge. But still 5billion USD divided on over 1 million active soldiers is not alot.

Also seeing that most of the military equipment NK got is not selfmade but bought(From old sovjet mostly). And having enough ammo and supplies(Oil anyone?) is VERY expensive. Especially considering they have a hard time getting enough of it imported.(Experts see this one of the reasons they attacked the SK island, a cry for attention so the western countries is willing to start trade again).

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Read some reports now.

7/10 of the population in NK is in need of food supplies in form of help from the western organisations.

Thousands need to manually clear the highways from snow, because of the lack of oil/fuel

1/3 is in need of western medical supplies.

I seriously don't see how NK can be able to keep such an army opperative with the resorces they got(Maybe the numbers is much lower then said?), or how they could even afford going to war!

Even tho you give a man a uniform and somekind of weapon, it does not make him a soldier. I'd say NK is screwed for sure if they do anything more unrational now.

Gwadien

Read some reports now.

7/10 of the population in NK is in need of food supplies in form of help from the western organisations.

Thousands need to manually clear the highways from snow, because of the lack of oil/fuel

1/3 is in need of western medical supplies.

I seriously don't see how NK can be able to keep such an army opperative with the resorces they got(Maybe the numbers is much lower then said?), or how they could even afford going to war!

Even tho you give a man a uniform and somekind of weapon, it does not make him a soldier. I'd say NK is screwed for sure if they do anything more unrational now.

North Korea is a great country, ffs, they even tried to make everyone wear uniforms at one point, how communist is that?! - Communism is King, just a shame the King's a bit corrupt and power greedy.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
North Korea is a great country, ffs, they even tried to make everyone wear uniforms at one point, how communist is that?! - Communism is King, just a shame the King's a bit corrupt and power greedy.

Well, communism on paper is the ideal way of life. But to bad it have never worked that way :(

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
It's a communist country, if it's a real hardcore communist country, but who knows due to their sanctions on other countries not allowing people to come in.. then indeed, it should be minted in it's own right - building stuff it needs, not for trade, but for what it needs - It could be hiding things, we don't know, because it's a communist country, and we can't get into it, we just don't know.

No, we know. Do you really think the world super powers don't know exactly what is happening inside NK? Far too naive. They are a country that suffers from mass poverty, hunger and a lack of resources.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
To be able to have 120 000 commandos says something about the quality tho. Its not always in the numbers, especially not when there comes to elite units.

It kinda adds up, if you consider the amount of money NK spends on their military each year. The quality can't be that good(About 5 billion USD divided on 1,1million soldiers and equipment in total).

Nah, when it comes to commando training you don't need tons of money just free labour and expert trainers. NK special forces have infiltrated SK many times over the years and you do not need high tech equipment to be an effective commando when you look like the locals so you can blend in easily which enables you to get up real close to your targets. SK takes the threat seriously, infact it is the highest priority and they have train en masse for a large scale NK commando attack.

Some other good info here...

Special Operations.Com

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Conclusion
The KPA SOF possess extensive experience in unconventional warfare tactics. Based on precedence set by the Korean War, the North Korean SOF soldier can be expected to utilize inhospitable terrain, infiltrate ROK/US lines, establish a second front, and operate within the allied rear with little logistical support. Depending on the mission, SOF units will endeavor to neutralize critical ROK/US military targets.

Should major staging and communication centers be denied to ROK/US forces at the onset of a new Korean conflict, qualitative superiority and a timely US reinforcement capability would be notably reduced. For this reason, the KPA believes that the SOF is an important force multiplier for the achievement of victory against modern ROK/US forces.

No picnic for either side.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Nah, when it comes to commando training you don't need tons of money just free labour and expert trainers. NK special forces have infiltrated SK many times over the years and you do not need high tech equipment to be an effective commando when you look like the locals so you can blend in easily which enables you to get up real close to your targets. SK takes the threat seriously, infact it is the highest priority and they have train en masse for a large scale NK commando attack.

Some other good info here...

Special Operations.Com

You are wrong, first of all. Countries with many times the population of NK, struggeles to recruit enough quality men to pass the tests and training to become a SOF.(Especially the US now, after they have lost many seals in Iraq). And money IS a important factor of how to be able to train, especially when it comes to SOF forces. As they need to be trained as close to reality as possible, that means they can't be running around with sticks pretending they are firing.

To be able to train as close as possible to the reality, there is the need of the equipment of whatever they are going to do. Wich costs lots of money just to keep the equipment at 100%. NK with a population of 24million, should not have the numbers to fill 120k spots of very well trained SOF soldiers. Hence quality > quanitity, especially considering SOF works in small teams. Imagine how much it would cost, just in fuel to transport 120k soldiers(And this considering that NK is in a serious lack of supplys of fuel). Or the food and ammo to keep them opperative, when NK is one of the poorest countryes in the world.

I know this, because I have experience from a part of the Norwegian force myself, wich have given me especially lots of insight when it comes to the quality of enemy SOFs!

So I state again, a country with 24million people, wich lack about everything and considered to be one of the poorest countries in the world. Won't have the men or equipment to fulfill 120k well trained SOF members.

But yeah, I know the tries NK commandos have tried to infiltrate SK in different ways. I even remember a episode not so many years ago, where they came in by submarine, where 16 or so of them got killed and one got captured.

Edit: Take for instance Russia. They are estimated to have about 15k spetsnaz. With a population of almost 142million and a military budget WAAY higher then NK!(And the core the Alpa group of about 700men)

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
You are wrong, first of all. Countries with many times the population of NK, struggeles to recruit enough quality men to pass the tests and training to become a SOF.(Especially the US now, after they have lost many seals in Iraq). And money IS a important factor of how to be able to train, especially when it comes to SOF forces. As they need to be trained as close to reality as possible, that means they can't be running around with sticks pretending they are firing.

To be able to train as close as possible to the reality, there is the need of the equipment of whatever they are going to do. Wich costs lots of money just to keep the equipment at 100%. NK with a population of 24million, should not have the numbers to fill 120k spots of very well trained SOF soldiers. Hence quality > quanitity, especially considering SOF works in small teams. Imagine how much it would cost, just in fuel to transport 120k soldiers(And this considering that NK is in a serious lack of supplys of fuel). Or the food and ammo to keep them opperative, when NK is one of the poorest countryes in the world.

I know this, because I have experience from a part of the Norwegian force myself, wich have given me especially lots of insight when it comes to the quality of enemy SOFs!

So I state again, a country with 24million people, wich lack about everything and considered to be one of the poorest countries in the world. Won't have the men or equipment to fulfill 120k well trained SOF members.

But yeah, I know the tries NK commandos have tried to infiltrate SK in different ways. I even remember a episode not so many years ago, where they came in by submarine, where 16 or so of them got killed and one got captured.

You are overlooking one thing, those NK soldiers are drilled under intense pressure and if they don't perform the know that their families could be made to suffer. It is one hell of a motivator.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You are overlooking one thing, those NK soldiers are drilled under intense pressure and if they don't perform the know that their families could be made to suffer. It is one hell of a motivator.

Where do you get that information from? Since I've never heard of such, forcing them to become SOF at the risk of their families.

Anyway, SOF works in small groups to infiltrate, and to sabotage behind enemy lines. Mostly their job is to gather information tho, and not get spotted. Kinda hard to effectively use 120k SOFs for that purpose. And as SKs forces is very organised, and backed up by US intelligence and technology. I find it hard to believe that they don't have any precautions for anything like that happening. If the case is NK got 120k SOF.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Where do you get that information from? Since I've never heard of such, forcing them to become SOF at the risk of their families.

Anyway, SOF works in small groups to infiltrate, and to sabotage behind enemy lines. Mostly their job is to gather information tho, and not get spotted. Kinda hard to effectively use 120k SOFs for that purpose. And as SKs forces is very organised, and backed up by US intelligence and technology. I find it hard to believe that they don't have any precautions for anything like that happening. If the case is NK got 120k SOF.

Read the link or do some research bud, they have 120,000 split between 3 divisions. One group are all out commando infantry, at least 12,000 form a sniper core and and the reminder are infiltration units who will be inserted through or around the DMZ. Aside from the artillery they are NK's only real viable threat. The subs are outdated and only good against ships with no ASW support, the airforce is mostly comprised of 1960's jets with a sprinkling of the more newer and more dangerous MIG models but SK can easily cope with those.

You make a good point about unit size and infiltration but my points above partly answer that, the rest of the insertion would either be done by tunnels under the the DMZ that were built decades ago, through the more mountainous areas of the DMZ but also via see using the mini-subs and posssibly by use of civilian transport into SK itself via other countries. It is a credible threat, I am not saying they can win because they cannot but it really could turn into a meat grinder of a war very quickly as both sides are dug in and have been preparing for this war for over 50 years.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Read the link or do some research bud, they have 120,000 split between 3 divisions. One group are all out commando infantry, at least 12,000 form a sniper core and and the reminder are infiltration units who will be inserted through or around the DMZ. Aside from the artillery they are NK's only real viable threat. The subs are outdated and only good against ships with no ASW support, the airforce is mostly comprised of 1960's jets with a sprinkling of the more newer and more dangerous MIG models but SK can easily cope with those.

You make a good point about unit size and infiltration but my points above partly answer that, the rest of the insertion would either be done by tunnels under the the DMZ that were built decades ago, through the more mountainous areas of the DMZ but also via see using the mini-subs and posssibly by use of civilian transport into SK itself via other countries. It is a credible threat, I am not saying they can win because they cannot but it really could turn into a meat grinder of a war very quickly as both sides are dug in and have been preparing for this war for over 50 years.

That wasnt my real question I wanted you to look up tbh :p

Anyway, a site called specialoperations.com with detailed information on how NK SOF will work and infiltrate the country, down to small details. It does not sound reliable to me. It is probably more of a better trained unit(Something like the US marines), but not really SOF forces.

Well, we just have to see I suppose. If war breaks out, most likely we will be sent down there aswell

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Well, we just have to see I suppose. If war breaks out, most likely we will be sent down there aswell

You might, I have a fucked up spine so I am going nowhere. :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
You will miss seeing this tho

military-marching1.jpg

1585fedb14dc1c679c4a510ff974_grande.jpg

korea-women-march_1736532c.jpg

and

north-korean-leader-kim-jong-il_1.jpg

Gwadien

I'm not going into government conspiracies, but they can hide/build stuff underground, the world's full of mysteries ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom