News Koreans start shelling each other

Turamber

Part of the furniture
I wonder what China thinks of North Korea's actions? Everyone knows that NK would have been removed from the map years ago under McArthur if not for the threat of China getting involved, and they've been the guarantor of NK 'freedom' (ironic) ever since.

Can't imagine that the Chinese government is too impressed with their protege's upping of the ante.

Zenith.UK

Part of the furniture
kim-jong-il-team-america1.jpg

"Herrow! It's inebitably inebitable."
Team America really needs to be watched about now. :)

Huntingtons

Resident Freddy
+1

In before the USA decides to invade North Korea...
good luck, in north korea their draft is 11 years for every male so most stays in the military, 5th largest army in the world and backed by china. One of the most heavy equipped armies in the world and the largest army per citizen ratio.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
good luck, in north korea their draft is 11 years for every male so most stays in the military, 5th largest army in the world and backed by china. One of the most heavy equipped armies in the world and the largest army per citizen ratio.

"One of the most heavy equipped armies in the world"? You serious mate? Most of their equipment is so outdated by now that they wouldnt stand a chance against South Korea.

As I mentioned before, Iraq had the 4th largest army. And that did not seem to stop the US.

I am quite sure that many of the inhabitans of North Korea would even be happy to get rid of their dictator!

The only reason they are not wiped from the map, is china. But I don't think China will just sit there watch the NK harass SK!

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Best equipped 1980s military re-enactment group ever!

megadave

I am a FH squatter
would still be incredibly hard to invade, most of the population would probably be enlisted

also they have a ton of defensive positions and apparently even a massive network of tunnels

Chosen

Resident Freddy
would still be incredibly hard to invade, most of the population would probably be enlisted

also they have a ton of defensive positions and apparently even a massive network of tunnels

It is estimated that about 20% of the population in North Korea have had somekind of service in the military. How many of them that is usefull I got no idea, think I saw a number of 1,1million or something.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
doesn't NK also have nukes? NK is stupid enough to use them

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Look Basically..

North Korea is China's little brother

South Korea is America's little brother

North Korea called South Korea names, South Korea did it back, North Korea hit South Korea, South Korea threatend North Korea, North Korea fly kicked South Korea, Just awaiting South Korea's reaction, then for the brothers to get involved.

Gwadien

kim-jong-il-team-america1.jpg

"Herrow! It's inebitably inebitable."
Team America really needs to be watched about now. :)

OMFG that would be such a plan, get a squadron of American roflcopters with a huge screen taped to the bottom of them roll into North Korea blasting out Flight of the Valkyrie ( is what its called? ) then pause it when you get to the capital, and play the Kim Jong Il scene from Team America!

Helme

Resident Freddy
It's not gonna be a cakewalk, the terrain is shit, the leadership has 0 care for human life and even if it takes three 20 year old MiG's to shoot down 1 American/South Korean plane its still a bargain just going by production costs alone. It will be another Vietnam rather than a Desert Storm. This is ofcourse, provided the US does even intervene, which is highly unlikely. Their economy can't support another war(it can't even support their current wars). It's China that will do anything if anything is to be done. South Korea won't push their luck - they risk the majority of their capitol to artillery within the first hours of a potentional war, and it doesn't matter if this is antique stuff. 50 year old artillery in the numbers North Korea fields is enough to level the majority of Seoul.

There's just no winning here, and North Korea knows this which is why they pull bullshit stunts like this and the sinking of that ship, they know they'll get away with it and China will throw them some money to get back in line.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Best equipped 1980s military re-enactment group ever!

You are too generous, most of the gear is 1960's and 1970's Soviet era castoffs. They are heavily reliant on T60 generation tanks which the South Korean's would tear through but they have many more T55 tanks as well which have been obsolete for the best part of 3 decades. On paper the numbers look ok but when it comes to technology the South Korean's are much much stronger. The only area where I see the North Korean's excelling is with thier vast amount commando forces who are highly trained and disciplined, used properly they could cripple South Korean infrastructure very quickly.

Korean People's Army Ground Force - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

ilaya

Can't get enough of FH
russia and china have said WTF to this... north korea just asking for a fuckng kicking if they continue. the economy to north korea from china is NOTHING compared to what they do with rest of world... china will not side with that mad lonely bastard.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Look Basically..

North Korea is China's little brother

South Korea is America's little brother

North Korea called South Korea names, South Korea did it back, North Korea hit South Korea, South Korea threatend North Korea, North Korea fly kicked South Korea, Just awaiting South Korea's reaction, then for the brothers to get involved.

It's not quite that simple, South Korea is more important to China than NK.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It's not gonna be a cakewalk, the terrain is shit, the leadership has 0 care for human life and even if it takes three 20 year old MiG's to shoot down 1 American/South Korean plane its still a bargain just going by production costs alone. It will be another Vietnam rather than a Desert Storm. This is ofcourse, provided the US does even intervene, which is highly unlikely. Their economy can't support another war(it can't even support their current wars). It's China that will do anything if anything is to be done. South Korea won't push their luck - they risk the majority of their capitol to artillery within the first hours of a potentional war, and it doesn't matter if this is antique stuff. 50 year old artillery in the numbers North Korea fields is enough to level the majority of Seoul.

There's just no winning here, and North Korea knows this which is why they pull bullshit stunts like this and the sinking of that ship, they know they'll get away with it and China will throw them some money to get back in line.

M-1978 / M1989 (KOKSAN) 170mm self propelled (SP) gun

This is North Koreas artillery, the longest beeing RAP that got a maximum reach of 60km(I am not sure what the distance is between NK boarder and Seoul tho, but I am quite sure North Korea dont have them stuck right up to the boarders, making them a easy target to strike out right away). As it says on the page, that NK artillery is lined up for somesort of antitank deffensive.

It also says something about the amount of NK artillery positions that also got discovered in 2002(50more or so), and seeing how the spy technology now is far supperior then 8years ago, I wouldnt doubt that they have found many more.(Or atleast those beeing a major thread to SK). As personal experience from serving in a unit, is that having pre-locks for quick strikes on enemy artillery or defensive positions is a must.(SK Navy most likely).

Just imagine, they have been at war on eachother for almost 60years. SK use 5 times the amount of money on their military every year then the NK does. Wich alot goes to military training involving a sceneraio happening if NK decides to attack(Most of NKs seriously outdated defence would be vaporized within minutes).

If SK decided to invade NK, I am sure they would win(If no Chinese involvement). You can't really link up US invading another country like Iraq/afghanistan up with SK taking on NK. This because this used to be 1 country and not 2, and people having families on both side.

I had so much more to write, but I got to leave in 10minutes. But I will continue when I get home from work :D

Chosen

Resident Freddy
It's not quite that simple, South Korea is more important to China than NK.

+1

SK have a much higher value to the chinese economy then the NK. Only reason I see China would step in, is if US joined SK if ever trying to invade the NK.

Gwadien

+1

SK have a much higher value to the chinese economy then the NK. Only reason I see China would step in, is if US joined SK if ever trying to invade the NK.

Yeah but look at the history, North Korea is a communist well, autocratic/dictatorship country, and China will probably see an attack on it as an attack on communism... again.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Yeah but look at the history, North Korea is a communist well, autocratic/dictatorship country, and China will probably see an attack on it as an attack on communism... again.

It is a good point, but I believe China have evolved alittlebit since then, and will figure out that keeping their steady growing economy intact to be more important, then supporting a country wich keeps on provoking their neighboor for no reason at all!

Tho I am no China expert, so its not impossible ! :)

Ormorof

FH is my second home
if North Korea do something really stupid, then i doubt China will help them if it comes to all out war... though it is worrying that along with this, India is moving troops to its border with China in case anything happens (they have a big chunk of disputed territory on the eastern side of Bangladesh), hopefully it wont escalate out of control

i am also curious about the new "heir", will he be the same as his dad, or just a military puppet? or will he bring in a new era of change?

Chosen

Resident Freddy
if North Korea do something really stupid, then i doubt China will help them if it comes to all out war... though it is worrying that along with this, India is moving troops to its border with China in case anything happens (they have a big chunk of disputed territory on the eastern side of Bangladesh), hopefully it wont escalate out of control

i am also curious about the new "heir", will he be the same as his dad, or just a military puppet? or will he bring in a new era of change?

They can't take on China for two reasons!

1: The asian girls <3

2: Where the heck should I buy my inngame platinum from?!

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm actually hoping china and the US get involved.

It would rather nicely fit the scale of Fallout :p

Even if it is a bit early.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I don't know who would be more unstable: North Korea with nukes or that madman Ahmadinejad ....probably N Korea. At least Iran knows if he drops chemical weapons on Israel, Israel will retiate with nukes. No question.

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I don't know who would be more unstable: North Korea with nukes or that madman Ahmadinejad ....probably N Korea. At least Iran knows if he drops chemical weapons on Israel, Israel will retiate with nukes. No question.

There's ony one reason why Israel is still around, despite being surrounded by hostile Islamic states. Just one word. Mossad! They know EVERYTHING! They make MI6 and the CIA look like rank amateurs.

As for SK/NK think about it. SK has been getting help from Uncle Sam for nigh on 60 years now. Tactics, Intelligence and technology. You can bet that SK knows exactly where every piece of artillery, every battalion, every platoon from NK are and constantly have guided missiles locked on to those positions. Should SK get sick of NK's childish antics then the war would be over before China or anyone else could lift a finger.

Access Denied

Also while NK may have good special forced you can be sure that SK's special forces have been trained by the US special forces. They got trained by the SAS originally and there's no better covert force in the world than the SAS.

cHodAX

I am a FH squatter
Also while NK may have good special forced you can be sure that SK's special forces have been trained by the US special forces. They got trained by the SAS originally and there's no better covert force in the world than the SAS.

Numbers, NK has more special forces than anyone probably in the galaxy. At the last count they numbered 120,000 strong and these guys are crack commandos who have to serve a minimum of 10 years enduring constant training and are always at full readiness. These guys are the real threat to SK, with those numbers they can mass infiltrate SK and seriously fuck up infrastructre whilst running the SK rear core in circles due to the huge amounts of mountainous terrain.

As a war it will be a grindfest, no easy outright win for either side unless someone decides to fuck up old Kim in his sleep.

Access Denied

It would take years for that many people to infiltrate SK. Besides it would be pretty damn hard for any to do it really. The whole border is locked down tighter than a nuns arse.

Chosen

Resident Freddy
Numbers, NK has more special forces than anyone probably in the galaxy. At the last count they numbered 120,000 strong and these guys are crack commandos who have to serve a minimum of 10 years enduring constant training and are always at full readiness. These guys are the real threat to SK, with those numbers they can mass infiltrate SK and seriously fuck up infrastructre whilst running the SK rear core in circles due to the huge amounts of mountainous terrain.

As a war it will be a grindfest, no easy outright win for either side unless someone decides to fuck up old Kim in his sleep.

To be able to have 120 000 commandos says something about the quality tho. Its not always in the numbers, especially not when there comes to elite units.

It kinda adds up, if you consider the amount of money NK spends on their military each year. The quality can't be that good(About 5 billion USD divided on 1,1million soldiers and equipment in total).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom