Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
Wanna know something sad? Being offensive to people because they violate some kind of moral code of conduct you made up to enforce YOUR playing style. THAT is sad.

goes both ways alya ;)

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by vintervargen
goes both ways alya ;)

You wanna tell me I'm an offensive person? ( : Confronting sure, but offensive? Hah ( :

K

kaod

1. was mainly implemented to encourage keep takes in the frontiers.

2. because they can be up to lvl 34(?)

3. why can you jump over DL

4. why not

5. because we know there are other players behind the in-game characters?

6. the lvl 50s go there to rvr, grey cons doesnt. and no, i dont think its "ok"

7. check 6.

1. Ok. Why should it be an RvR zone though? Why not make it such that once you lose it, you get booted out?

2. So it's agreed then that not all grey cons are worth 1rp. You don't actually know until you kill them sometimes how much they will give, negating the "Hope you are happy with your 1rp you sad f**ks" argument.

3. What is Mythics and the playerbase stance on jumping over DL, and that off a grey hitting a purp, purp hitting a grey?

4. It's most likely due to the fact that you take the risk and there can be a consequence that can set you back, and that has always been an accepted part of the game mechanics, yet all of a sudden people don't accept it.

Your numbering has gone a bit awry so some of the answers don't make sense - grouped stealthers. Was that the why not?

5. Everyone knows that - yet many people seem to give others credit for not breaking down into tears for playing with the confines of the game parameters.

6. Some grey cons go for rps or excitement. I've seen many a grey alb or hib running with the pack in emain or HW, and that was even before you got XP for RvR.
Why is it not ok for a FG to steamroll a soloer then?

7. Do you really think that Greys are played by people who are too stupid to understand what might - and most likely will - happen in DF?
"I'm only after XP so don't RvR with me." - give me a break.

O

old.Nol

Can't even count the number of times I was xp killed outside Ligen, it was my own fault, I knew there was a threat, but I still went. I spent the better part of a year being killed by higher cons...

If you XP in RvR zones, chances are someone is going to come and kill you, you can blame no one but yourself. Don't expect to live because you're a lowbie, expect to die because you're the enemy...and sometimes, just sometimes, somebody nice comes along...

K

kaod

goes both ways alya ;)

It really doesn't though.

The parameters are there - I don't see many people calling non-grey gankers cowards or traitors

Or how about from a Mid: FAO Alb xyz - you coward - you didn't have the guts to kill me, you danced to just to try to make me not pwn your l337 ass! You are a traitor to your realm!

It doesn't happen.

The game and forums are just full of don't zerg, don't stealthzerg, don't interfere with duels, don't xp kill, don't greygank etc etc. and expletives and insults that go along with those statements.

Grey gankers/xp killers enforce their own legal style of play and very rarely if ever, complain to those who have setup some in-game moral agenda for the way they play.

K

kaod

I like killing enemies in this game. Sometimes I like sparing em, if I like their name, if I like the way they dance or just when I'm feeling merciful. Can be fun to spare em. Can be fun to be the ebil deathmachine who threatens all the lowbies around. If you don't like running the risk of being defenseless in a game that focuses so much on the PvP aspect, then you bought the wrong game. And the fact that I sometimes like to kill greys says absolutely nothing about me irl. Wanna know something sad? Being offensive to people because they violate some kind of moral code of conduct you made up to enforce YOUR playing style. THAT is sad.

I don't worry for one second if someone will cry irl about this game. This game has rules and mechanics, I expect people to play within the confines of those to have FUN. If you need to make up some extra rules, that's fine, but there's a big space between someone griefing / breaking the code of conduct and someone just having a different playing style. If you get angry because someone plays differently from you, then you need to /quit.

I've xp'ed at Breifine fins tons... often it ends way sooner than I'd like because some group of high lvl/RR invaders come and (xp) kill us. Sometimes there's hunters there taking down the pb mage when he pulls to wipe the group. Is that lame/sad, does that say anything about someone's irl genitals? No, it is the risk you run and which adds to the excitement of this game. If you can't stand the PvP risks, don't play this game, or go and stick in the PvE areas.

Right on the money. :)

A

Arnor

kaod answer me this: does it matter if you get 1 rp or 30?

you say that because not _every_ grey gives 1 rp, that argument is negated, sorry to say but it isnt. When you get 1000ish rps for a lvl 50 solo, it doesnt matter if you get 1 rp or 50, its still crap.

V

vintervargen

You wanna tell me I'm an offensive person? ( : Confronting sure, but offensive? Hah ( :

never! :), but the "grey-con killers" (my apologizes if this is offensive) seems to think the "grey-con sparers" sucks, are wrong etc :p

G

greenfingers

I agree with U Bel, call me lame, but even though I know that I only get 1RP for a enemy, I kill him anyway .. only in rare cases, I spare their pityfull life ...

K

kaod

Originally posted by Arnor
kaod answer me this: does it matter if you get 1 rp or 30?

you say that because not _every_ grey gives 1 rp, that argument is negated, sorry to say but it isnt. When you get 1000ish rps for a lvl 50 solo, it doesnt matter if you get 1 rp or 50, its still crap.

Yes, because if you were RP horny you would make 1000 faster by getting 30 or 50 than you would 1.

The argument is negated because a grey is like a fortune cookie.
(some have actuall given over 100 rps before to my suprise)

And how many times do you come across people to get the 1000 pts of these days anyhow? Yes it does happen, but you don't meet soloers as often as you used to.

K

kaod

never! :), but the "grey-con killers" (my apologizes if this is offensive) seems to think the "grey-con sparers" sucks, are wrong etc :p

Maybe I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I've yet to see any "grey-con sparers suck" comments - can you show any examples?

V

vintervargen

Originally posted by kaod
Maybe I'm wrong (wouldn't be the first time) but I've yet to see any "grey-con sparers suck" comments - can you show any examples?

you see many "i hate grey con killer" - threads.

you dont see any "i hate grey con sparers" - threads.

what conclusion do you draw from that?

A

Arnor

Yes, because if you were RP horny you would make 1000 faster by getting 30 or 50 than you would 1.

The argument is negated because a grey is like a fortune cookie.
(some have actuall given over 100 rps before to my suprise)

And how many times do you come across people to get the 1000 pts of these days anyhow? Yes it does happen, but you don't meet soloers as often as you used to.

1000ISH I said, and that you will get from ANY solo lvl 50.
if you kill greys for rps, you are a sad rp-whore imo.

K

kaod

you see many "i hate grey con killer" - threads.

you dont see any "i hate grey con sparers" - threads.

what conclusion do you draw from that?

Please tell me your conclusion first because I feel I'll fall off my chair laughing at it.

The actual conclusion, based on the evidence of posts in this thread, is really very simple to understand.

K

kaod

1000ISH I said, and that you will get from ANY solo lvl 50.
if you kill greys for rps, you are a sad rp-whore imo.

Yes you did, but I never meant that you don't actually make 1000 pts from a level 50 kill, my point was that you meet so few people solo, as solo, that it's not that common now to make those 1000 rps ISH kills.

If people want to kill greys for RPs, let them, it's not for you to judge them.
I don't bother killing anyone for RP's with my SB, I made RR5 and I couldn't care less about getting any higher with him.

However, the RvR element and part of the game is that you make rps to get RA and stat increases, so I really don't see how getting every single point you can is sad.

Ever heard the saying that a penny alone is worth nothing, but they all add up?

V

vintervargen

my conclusion is :

ppl dont appriciate beeing killed/xp killed by purple players. (a.k.a gank)

ppl appriciate when beeing spared by purple players.

this is why i dont kill grey cons. imo, there is no way to justify killing grey cons, unless they are odins/hw/emain. if you say "they are enemies" you better be roleplaying 24/7.

ps. notice the word imo

J

jox

A big fish piss on a small fish in Emain. The small fish is angry. He enters df... :)

E

etcetra

Originally posted by Bellona
why would it be sad to take out enemies and delay their way to lvl 50 and another zergin mid in emain?

Said the; Avalonian Gryphon Knight!! (4L4)

I bet you didnt get any of those rp's by zerging!11

K

kaod

my conclusion is :

ppl dont appriciate beeing killed/xp killed by purple players. (a.k.a gank)

ppl appriciate when beeing spared by purple players.

Some do, some judging by the posts in this thread and other threads seem to accept that it happens and they only have themselves to blame for being there.

this is why i dont kill grey cons. imo, there is no way to justify killing grey cons, unless they are odins/hw/emain. if you say "they are enemies" you better be roleplaying 24/7.

ps. notice the word imo

I hadn't "better" be playing anything- I don't roleplay in the traditional sense yet I kill greys, they are the enemy.
I roleplay to an extent, we all do on some level playing this game, I don't believe I am Kobold Bonedancer or a Troll Shaman unless I'm playing the game.

How about if I were to not appreciate being killed in DF when I am farming seals/money or PLing another char in my own side? Don't I deserve to be spared?
I wouldn't "appreciate" being killed, so the same logic must follow.

Conclusion:

Grey gankers play the game their way, and don't seem to judge others for their style of play - hence the lack of posts against thems.

Grey sparers (some not all) seem to like imposing their moral code on others in-game, when they have no right to do so.
They use words like sad, lame and asshole to make up for an argument so weak it needs crutches to stand up.

Obvious conclusion.

V

vintervargen

whatever, i play this game to have fun, and if possible for the enemies to have fun also. hence i didnt often grp up when playing ald, nor do i like zerging.

K

kaod

whatever, i play this game to have fun, and if possible for the enemies to have fun also. hence i didnt often grp up when playing ald, nor do i like zerging.

I don't believe anyone criticized your style of play in this respect nor that you hold those opinions on gamestyle.

You however, felt the need to come here and judge others with whom you don't share the same thinking, who are actually having fun playing the game legally the way they want.

So if someone jumps all over you after you stick your neck out, you gotta live with it i'm afraid.

V

vintervargen

you may talk with pretty word and Capital Letters, i will still not respect you when you PA grey con hibbies in df.

K

kaod

you may talk with pretty word and Capital Letters, i will still not respect you when you PA grey con hibbies in df.

Your respect was never requested.

B

BidAccount

Hang on - isn't this game 'realm versus realm'?

Not FG v FG
Or equal level v equal level
Or 1v1

You go into the frontier to xp because you know its higher, and its higher because there's a risk.

You go to DF to XP because its good and the money is better - but again it is so because there's a risk.

Simple - you don't want to get rvr killed then stick to pve zones. Anyone, whatever their level, in an rvr zone is a fair target.

C

Cuthervaen

Thats against the law - these things are within the laws of the game - do you not understand that?

When Mythic bans grey-killers or people doing anything that I mention in that post - then you have an argument.

Not that I'm particularly interested in a discussion about grey killing...

But comments like this would lead people to think :

- You have no personnal ethics, and whatever the laws declares as being right, you'll do, and wrong you won't.

- Following this logic, it's then perfectly ok to be like... let me find the least offensive words and exemples so you won't hide behind "omg comparing a game to such afwul things is lame, how do you dare even mention the ... on a game forum??", let's say being part of the state police in a facist state, and "interrogating" dissidents. After all you can't be more on the side of the law, can you?

I'm perfectly aware this is a game, so spare me your lame comments on that subject. But using arguments such as the ones you use just show an alarming void where your morals should reside. Reason might be the surrounding organ is missing alltogether...

Can someone refresh my memory abotu who said "if the law is unjust, then it's the duty of the citizen to rebel against it?" or it was close to that sentance.

O

Onedda

if they are the enemy then ,

1 kill them

or

2 leave them

tbh who cares

K

kaod

Originally posted by Cuthervaen
Not that I'm particularly interested in a discussion about grey killing...

But comments like this would lead people to think :

- You have no personnal ethics, and whatever the laws declares as being right, you'll do, and wrong you won't.

- Following this logic, it's then perfectly ok to be like... let me find the least offensive words and exemples so you won't hide behind "omg comparing a game to such afwul things is lame, how do you dare even mention the ... on a game forum??", let's say being part of the state police in a facist state, and "interrogating" dissidents. After all you can't be more on the side of the law, can you?

I'm perfectly aware this is a game, so spare me your lame comments on that subject. But using arguments such as the ones you use just show an alarming void where your morals should reside. Reason might be the surrounding organ is missing alltogether...

Can someone refresh my memory abotu who said "if the law is unjust, then it's the duty of the citizen to rebel against it?" or it was close to that sentance.

Personal ethics:

To shoot someone, to cause harm to them is wrong.

To kill a grey in a game where they know most likely it will happen is probably not going to actually cause harm, else the same can be argued about any in-game death is ok.

And by the way, another person using the "lame" tag in their post, just because YOU think it's lame, doesn't make it so.
If you have something to say, say it and at least be courteous enough to let me respond in the manner I see fit, not within the boundaries of what you lay out. (i.e - can't compare to a game etc)

If you can't take my comments in the context that they should be in from the quote and reply, please don't bother.

A

Arnor

I have no problem picturing kaod as a dude hiding behind "well it is legal, i was just following orders" etc.

tbh I think he fits perfectly into what cuth said about the interrogation-thingy.

K

kaod

I have no problem picturing kaod as a dude hiding behind "well it is legal, i was just following orders" etc.

tbh I think he fits perfectly into what cuth said about the interrogation-thingy.

And your opinion on that REALLY bothers me.

Read my post above, answer the points I raise and not be selective as you always are and then maybe we might get somewhere.

V

vintervargen

yeah, hes one of those who cant think for themselves, like "why am i doing this" or "wonder what that guy thinks".

get some perspective.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom