Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

B

Bellona

I dont understand how somebody got the idea that expeing players of the enemy realm should be spared from being sliced and diced just because of the fact they have no chance to defend them self, when ecpeing in rvr zones, there are bigger exp bonus and therefor its a risk you choose, im sick and tired of getting yelled at when i kill some greys in df that some other dude was dancing with.

they ARE my sworn enemy, so dont give me any crap in return.

K

Karlo

Originally posted by Bellona
I dont understand how somebody got the idea that expeing players of the enemy realm should be spared from being sliced and diced just because of the fact they have no chance to defend them self, when ecpeing in rvr zones, there are bigger exp bonus and therefor its a risk you choose, im sick and tired of getting yelled at when i kill some greys in df that some other dude was dancing with.

:clap: touche

S

svartmetall

OK...so every single thing you say in-game is role-played in-character talk, yes? Because that's the only way that excuse stands up.

On the other side of that grey you just killed is a pissed off player.

E

envenom

so what happend to you? a group of greys killed you or somet? rofl

B

Bilf

If you wanna kill em, kill em. If you don't.. don't.
Just ignore anyone that gives you crap.

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by envenom
so what happend to you? a group of greys killed you or somet? rofl

Hehe no, I just see that grey-killing (unless the greys go for you, in which case it's evolution at work) is shitty behaviour...

A

Arnor

Originally posted by svartmetall
Hehe no, I just see that grey-killing (unless the greys go for you, in which case it's evolution at work) is shitty behaviour...

agreed

ppl that kill greys and use the excuse "they are our enemies" better damn well be hardcore roleplayers.

wtf is the point with killing a grey? not like you gain anything then to piss them off.
its quasi-grieving because your too wuss to do the real thing imo.

S

svartmetall

I'll just copy/paste what I put in another thread on the same subject:

"If they go for you, they're fair game.

But speaking of 'game'. I think a lot of people have forgotten this IS one. I've seen people bragging about grey-killing and 'always giving XP death'...the people who do that are sad little inadequates. On the other end of that connection is a player who's really pissed off because someone else was an asshole when they didn't need to be.

Friday morning saw Excessus and several other high RR Albs grey-ganking at Mid's DF entrance. Which was shitty behaviour on their part - going out of their way to ruin other players' mornings. No possible benefit to them from killing greys, and the "they will grow up to be high RR enemies" excuse holds no water either; the RPG element of this MMORPG is pretty much non-existent, and you know those players will just release or get rezzed anyway, so why bother doing it to them in the first place? It doesn't get you anything (unless you're so fucked in the head you enjoy pissing off some complete stranger just for the sake of trying to convince yourself you're uber and hard) and it can spoil things for them, so why bother?

Case in point: my lvl 30 Warrior was unloading on snowcrabs outside Svasud Faste the other night when a couple of Hibs decloaked around me and I naturally bricked myself; they realised I was grey to them, danced at me, blew a kiss and disappeared again. Now THOSE guys were nice players...wish same could be said for the grey-ganking Albs from two days ago. Those Hibs realised killing me would get them nothing, and prove nothing, and decided to be cool about it...more power to them for it.

And why am I not surprised that someone who says "grey gankage fortehwin" is the kind of player who will buy being powerlvled?

And for those who take pleasure in making sure they give greys XP deaths...fuck off out of this game. You're shit, and should go back to using wallhacks and aimbots in Counter-Strike where you belong."

S

saltymcpepper

i do it, and it makes me feel manly.
besides, you often meet yellow con rr1/2 albs in emain :eek:

S

squalion

Case in point: my lvl 30 Warrior was unloading on snowcrabs outside Svasud Faste the other night when a couple of Hibs decloaked around me and I naturally bricked myself; they realised I was grey to them, danced at me, blew a kiss and disappeared again. Now THOSE guys were nice players...wish same could be said for the grey-ganking Albs from two days ago. Those Hibs realised killing me would get them nothing, and prove nothing, and decided to be cool about it...more power to them for it.

was Solidus and i :)

/wave

A

Ahqmae

If killing grey cons entertain you then kill them. They were the ones who decided to enter an area where chances are they'd get killed by ppl of other realms. It's the same as ganking soloers in fgs imo, and no realm ever held back on killing my chars while soloing. That's why I don't solo with my eld nor vw anymore, and I usually don't give a fuck whether ppl are solo and I'm not.

That being said, I usually don't gank obvious greys. Hell I even spared a necro tho he added on a 1on1 fight by ganking his pet and /dismissing him.

W

-Wedge-

I once saw an Norseman Invader called Horsma, and it hit me for 744 damage and killed me in 2 hits... :rolleyes:

Found it a rather big hit for a RR0 ;)

I spare no one ! :clap:

B

Bellona

i never make exp kills tho, only just runs through them with weapons drawn, im not a hardcore roleplayer, im just getting a few rp, and delays a comming lvl 50 to roam rvr zones...

and the argument with "you are an ass if you kill grey enemies, it will piss them off"

so?

Im never EVER gonna talk to them, and if they would start flame me on irc i would ignore, as they play the enemy side in this GAME i have no reason to stay friends and act nice towards them... (this will prolly give me flames)

E

Ensceptifica

Re: Re: Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

On the other side of that grey you just killed is a pissed off player.

If he's pissed off, then he's doing something wrong. The risk of getting killed when xp'ing in the frontier is fun, just as the chance of being danced with by a purp con enemy is fun.

S

svartmetall

Re: Re: Re: Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

Originally posted by Ensceptifica
If he's pissed off, then he's doing something wrong. The risk of getting killed when xp'ing in the frontier is fun, just as the chance of being danced with by a purp con enemy is fun.

I'm thinking more specifically there of people who do stuff like...oh, let's say...logging their high-RR char at an enemy realm's DF entrance then going out of their way to just gank as many greys as possible. Sad, SAD little children.

B

Bellona

why would it be sad to take out enemies and delay their way to lvl 50 and another zergin mid in emain?

K

Kagato.

People sure seem to find it easy to forget that theres another human being on the end of the computer when all they see is a sprite.

H

horil

There shouldn't be place like frontiers or darkness falls (or albion ;)), would be a hell of less whine :m00:

S

squalion

tbh ive killed greys @ mid side df before, but only beacuse they knew where i was, saw where i was going etc, and didnt want them to give my me away as with my 23 stleath itys hard to get there lol, but AFTER i killed them, i did feel bad about doing it :(,

i try not to kill greys if possable, but if im fighting a 50 rr3/4/5 etc middy/albys and a grey gets involved, i usally gotta kill them, 10dmg per swing may not be high but it builds up lol :/

even gave some grey guy a exp death while trying 2 save him from lilispwans by killing him before they got him, no luck :(, didnt feel that as bad there beacuse he tried jumping me with another yellow :p , still felt bad about killing a grey tho.

i rarely kill greys at savasud, if i do kill them, its to bring the higher cons out, and i only kill them once, if they come back out of savasud, i let them pass with a litte /kiss /wave etc.

A

Arnor

i never make exp kills tho, only just runs through them with weapons drawn, im not a hardcore roleplayer, im just getting a few rp, and delays a comming lvl 50 to roam rvr zones...

and the argument with "you are an ass if you kill grey enemies, it will piss them off"

so?

Im never EVER gonna talk to them, and if they would start flame me on irc i would ignore, as they play the enemy side in this GAME i have no reason to stay friends and act nice towards them... (this will prolly give me flames)

your a fucking retard and ppl like you is making this place a worse place to live. Just because you aint gonna meet em its suddenly ok to be an asshole?

"yeah, just launch that nuke, not like im gonna meet those ppl is it?"

I really do hope you get your ass severely whipped by someone you've been an asshole to because you didnt think you'd ever meet em or whatever.

ppl like you make me :puke:

B

Bellona

like i ever gave a fuck about you arnor, ur the retard

its a fucking GAME

S

squalion

like i ever gave a fuck about you arnor, ur the retard

its a fucking GAME

its a game which ppl play, sometimes to relive stress or something, its not fucking fun when someone 30ish lvl's higher, pwns u so he/she can look uber leet on theyre /as by saying, OMFG IM SO L337 I KILLED A FG OF GREY MIDS!!! 50RPS FOR TEH WIN

Edit: Dick

A

acei

Your a level 50, is there really any reason to go about killing 35- players? Just because you can staff kill them it doesn't prove you're big and mighty. I won't ever kill a grey unless they go for me first, most people won't.

S

Shaki/Aeis

Am I the only one who, when thinking back when I was lowbie and exped in Uppland, remember the high lvls that got some groups I was in killed as exciting? o_O

S

Simmern

Stop going to DF/frontiers if you dont like getting killed. How hard can it be?
It's actually pretty fun to jump a FG of greys and see them run in panic.
Hell, if i was a grey con in DF and saw some enemy... I would call some level 50s and leech from them when/if they kill.

N

nalistah

totally depends on what moode im in, and the situation... =O

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom