Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

B

Bellona

Ohh and another thing, i find it funnier to gank grey mids instead of die to 15+ hunters/sbs at amg/mmg in their massive zergs.

and also, remember ALOT uses buffbot in df, and they give great rp, so does all sbs that are there too, and camping the entrance, i seldom do that since im alone most of the time.

C

chosen

Originally posted by Shaki/Aeis
Am I the only one who, when thinking back when I was lowbie and exped in Uppland, remember the high lvls that got some groups I was in killed as exciting? o_O

ppl that is new to this game and have never seen a alb/hib before, and one day is exping in Uppland and a high lvl hib/alb comes with their cool looking armor glowing weapons etc gank everyone of em in one hits would been exciting for the new playerk It was for me first time :)

I

Ithurts

Originally posted by Bellona
I dont understand how somebody got the idea that expeing players of the enemy realm should be spared from being sliced and diced just because of the fact they have no chance to defend them self, when ecpeing in rvr zones, there are bigger exp bonus and therefor its a risk you choose, im sick and tired of getting yelled at when i kill some greys in df that some other dude was dancing with.

they ARE my sworn enemy, so dont give me any crap in return.

U dont have any friends, do u?

I

Ithurts

I sometimes go to alb/hib side alone and I never kill anyone, just wanna duel maybe or just help some lowbie hibs/albs when im tired of emain :p I only kill if they hit me first (only if they can actually kill me...).

I once brought my friend (first char) to hib side and brought a bb so he could kill some demonic familiars cause mid side was camped...
There came a few hibs even rr5+ but noone did anything, we had a few duels and my mate even had a duel too :D that was fun and that is what this game is about IMO. Some rr6 champ came and killed my friend lol but he died pretty fast I must say ^^ he didnt even make it to the portal :p

B

Bellona

Re: Re: Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

Originally posted by Ithurts
U dont have any friends, do u?

thx, but no thx, im not going to bring discussion down at ur level

I

Ithurts

Re: Re: Re: Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

thx, but no thx, im not going to bring discussion down at ur level

Up to my lvl u mean?
U started at bottom low...

I

Ithurts

This game would be so much more fun if it werent for the fact that 99% of all people are rp horny :(

I hate people like u, and I really hate being killed by 1fg when im solo and I dont like killin solo people when im grouped but the solo thing in emain is just something ill have to live with :p

Killin greys however is just lame, no doubt.

I

Ithurts

part of the game

No its just lame.
Does it really feel good destryoing for someone else like that for 2secs of pleasure?(if any at all).

When u hit puberty maybe ull think differently, cause behavior like that is just childish...

R

Rnp

the second a yellow con pops on u, u can be 100% sure all greys will be there to help him...

I

Ithurts

Originally posted by Rnp
the second a yellow con pops on u, u can be 100% sure all greys will be there to help him...

Never happend to me...

B

Bellona

happend to me LOTS of times, all greys will join to get some rp, everybody wants a piece of the cake

I

Ithurts

happend to me LOTS of times, all greys will join to get some rp, everybody wants a piece of the cake

So u think its fair then to kill all the greys cause they "could" hit u for 1 dmg when u get zerged?
Im nice to greys and they are nice to me...same thing if I lvl a lowbie and a nice alb/hib comes, I dont tell anyone nor do I attack him...

H

Hanhepi

Originally posted by svartmetall
... On the other side of that grey you just killed is a pissed off player.
Tbh statements like this one scare me. Call me naive, but I never thought that any serious player could be pissed about dieing. Usually everybody yells it's just a game it's just a game. And that's true. It IS just a game. So should I ever die and show any reaction that goes further than a little 'geez, damnit' or 'shit, didn't see the other one' I will at once cancel my account, because a game should never have so much influence on me that it can piss me off.
And don't give me all this skill, style, honour, fairness crap. Use and stick to these things IRL where they belong and don't bring them to a GAME where one of the goals is to kill each other.

So to sum it up ... if you for example get ganked by the same guy (or his group) for the 30th time the same evening (maybe even in a way you would call unfair) ask yourself if you because of that would refuse to have a drink with him/them IRL a minute later. If your answer is 'No, his an asshole, I would never like to meet people like him/her/them IRL' then PLEASE press the delete/cancel button ASAP cos that means the game is not good for you.

Furthermore don't forget that everybody you meet in game regardless of realm at least shares one of your hobbies with you. Imho that makes him/her a person I tend to like and is a bonus not a malus.

T

Trinilim

I dont understand how somebody got the idea that expeing players of the enemy realm should be spared from being sliced and diced just because of the fact they have no chance to defend them self, when ecpeing in rvr zones, there are bigger exp bonus and therefor its a risk you choose, im sick and tired of getting yelled at when i kill some greys in df that some other dude was dancing with.

:clap:

/agree :)

I

Ithurts

Re: Re: Re: Killing grey expers, or obvious RR1 "yellow" conning players

Originally posted by Hanhepi
Tbh statements like this one scare me. Call me naive, but I never thought that any serious player could be pissed about dieing. Usually everybody yells it's just a game it's just a game. And that's true. It IS just a game. So should I ever die and show any reaction that goes further than a little 'geez, damnit' or 'shit, didn't see the other one' I will at once cancel my account, because a game should never have so much influence on me that it can piss me off.
And don't give me all this skill, style, honour, fairness crap. Use and stick to these things IRL where they belong and don't bring them to a GAME where one of the goals is to kill each other.

So to sum it up ... if you for example get ganked by the same guy (or his group) for the 30th time the same evening (maybe even in a way you would call unfair) ask yourself if you because of that would refuse to have a drink with him/them IRL a minute later. If your answer is 'No, his an asshole, I would never like to meet people like him/her/them IRL' then PLEASE press the delete/cancel button ASAP cos that means the game is not good for you.

Furthermore don't forget that everybody you meet in game regardless of realm at least shares one of your hobbies with you. Imho that makes him/her a person I tend to like and is a bonus not a malus.

Lets say u play on pvp server. u are lvl 10 and a lvl 50 skald kills u and kill u over and over and over again after u have realeased... U wouldnt be pissed?? If no then u are not normal :p

D

Dinfar

Buuuuhuuuuuuuuuu
Someone killed my littul grey luwi.

Cheese ?

SOMEONE GIMME SOME CHEESE FFS!!1!11!one o_0

A

Arnor

like i ever gave a fuck about you arnor, ur the retard

its a fucking GAME

you have no friends and that makes panda sad :(

T

temseti

I never kill grey cons, there is no point. When you see people kill grey cons in one hit you have to ask them if it makes them feel hard? usually they say 'rofl' which is kinda lame and makes me want to have the grey con who died as a realm mate instead of the 1 hit killer. Only time i see it viable to kill grey cons is if they try gank you (its nice they have courage to kill you).
About a week ago i was at mid side of DF with Prime and Thornflower. We saw a grey con female troll and did /dance etc til we kinda gained the confidence of troll as our plan was to lead the troll to the entrance. We started killing agro to clear the path, but after a while the troll went ahead a bit too much and died in one hit. The funny thing is she left no grave so must of been lvl1-5, i guess the moral of this is it felt better trying to help her instead of one hit killing like a lamer.

T

temseti

Btw bellona you sound like another stupid kid taking your anger from rl out on grey cons :p

S

sazard

Originally posted by Dinfar
Buuuuhuuuuuuuuuu
Someone killed my littul grey luwi.

Cheese ?

SOMEONE GIMME SOME CHEESE FFS!!1!11!one o_0

Your obsession with cheese is beyond natural =)

M

mehuge

/agree

The game is about a Realm War (RvR?), not a Quake style 8 aside friendly with all players at the same level, as many players would like to make it, it seems.

The enemy are the Enemy and must die, grey or not. An XPing grey is a lvl 50 RR5+ pain in the ass sooner rather than later.

The grey cons know the risk when they venture out.

I

Ithurts

Originally posted by mehuge
/agree

The game is about a Realm War (RvR?), not a Quake style 8 aside friendly with all players at the same level, as many players would like to make it, it seems.

The enemy are the Enemy and must die, grey or not. An XPing grey is a lvl 50 RR5+ pain in the ass sooner rather than later.

The grey cons know the risk when they venture out.

That can have the exact opposite effect too...
U might slow him down 30 min but he might be alot more determined to get to 50 to get revenge on U.

I hope ur kids will have it better growing up and hope they get lots of friends so they wont become immature like u.

A

Arthwyr

Random infil and minstrel see random group of greys near ligen.
Infiltrator Unstealths, waves the greys gather and throw hugs and kisses around. A guard patrol jumps the infil and the minstrel from behind. The greys stand a round for a moment watching the show of the fight with the guards. All of a sudden they jump in start pbaoeing and tryign to hit you. The guards die and the greys start cheering clappign and whatever. In other words: OH Guards lets kill em ... Shit guards dead lets suck up again before they decide to kill us.

Or grey in GU: "Lol there is this yellow con saracen waving and blowing kisses to me anyone close to come gank him, Ill keep him busy till then"

There is no challenge in killing a grey so don't kill him.
There is no challenge in killing a solo player in a full group so ... Don't kill him ?
There is no challenge killing a full group with 4 full groups. Don't kill them ?

You pay for your account, I pay for mine. Do with it as you please. Its a game.

C

caribou95

I completely aggree with Svartmetall.

Killing greys in DF/RvR when they are not asking for it is just dumb. Expecially when, like in DF, they have fought with thier group for a good hour to get where they are, getting good XP for thier level only to have some stinking Alb de-cloak next to them, laugh and kill the full group.

Remember how much of struggle it can be to get good XP to get to level 50? If they attack a 50 then they asking for it, but if they are happily xping, leave 'em to it.

The ppl that grey-gank are small-dicked dudezors that should get a life.

Barrah Johnstone - Officer 'Ragh Hrafen Fianna'
Excaliber - Midgard

"We are the soldiers of the Fianna. Honourable are we, but anger us and we are the Dogs of War and all that opose us shall fall"

L

lpep

there seems to a select few albs who log every time they get df in a position so they can kill grey con guys,they kill several grey cons they log and repeat the process several times.......

what they actualy get out of it(apart from 1 rp) is anyones guess,and the sad thing is half of them do a runner out of the portal as soon as a lvl 50 catches up with them.......

i guess it shows that they have no real skill in playing the gameand i'm sure your realm m8's r very proud of how brave u r :/

And is it me or is it mainly alb players who have the i dont giv a shit about anyone else but me attitude here ?

E

Ensceptifica

Originally posted by squalion
its a game which ppl play, sometimes to relive stress or something, its not fucking fun when someone 30ish lvl's higher, pwns u so he/she can look uber leet on theyre /as by saying, OMFG IM SO L337 I KILLED A FG OF GREY MIDS!!! 50RPS FOR TEH WIN

Edit: Dick

So the problem isn't dieing in the frontier, but dieing to someone who'd be arrogant about it? Who cares if an enemy does /laugh at you in a frontier? You went to the frontier, you got killed, so what. It's sportive if someone let's you live, it's just playing the game if someone kills you, and if that someone feels the need to spam /as about it (in which case he'll see his /as rights removed pretty quickly no doubt) or /laugh spam you, why on earth would you care? You seem to be going out of your way to get upset about it.

There are people playing this game to relieve stress by getting angry about everything, greykilling being one of those things. That's a negative attitude and THAT is what is hurting the fun of others. When I'm playing and I notice I get annoyed quickly, I go and do something that doesn't involve bringing my bad mood into a big community of players who play for fun. When I'm in a good mood and I get wacked in the frontier by a purple con who /laugh spams me and says I suck on irc or whatever... I simply don't care. I'm playing this game and I enjoy it. Same odds are that 2 shades would pop up and gank him, or that he'd just /dance with me. That'd be fun. Getting mad if it doesn't is silly.

E

Ensceptifica

Btw, people seem to wonder why anyone would kill someone else if he wouldn't get rps for it.... This is a roleplaying game. You play to kill your enemies, and to risk getting killed while trying to improve your character. If you want to be merciful that's nice, if you want to play a coward who goes for easy kills, that's anyone's right to do so. Whining about things like this does more harm to this game than any greykiller ever could.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom