Kill Bill

S

scooby-doo

biggest load of shite ive seen,no way will i be going back for seconds.just my opinion.

B

Big G

I thought it was a fucking dire film, nowhere near as good as resevoir dogs, jackie brown, pulp fiction or bambi.

My reason for this is that Uma Thurman is a boring actor, I didn't find her performance convincing at all. Additionally, i found the fight scenes more cringe worthy than funny; the monty python style spraying blood was just crap. Birds with swords doesn't do it for me. Lucy Liu just sucked.

There didn't seem to be any logical continuity in scenes.

*SPOILER* The opening scene where they went from a good fight to a relaxed scene of "fancy a cup of coffee?". I mean wtf. Then the scene in the Japanese 'café' where one moment she can't speak Jap, then she can. It seemed like they didn't know one another, then all of a sudden he can make her a sword (cut to one month later), yay another way over the top shitty fight scene with comedy blood to make up for the complete lack of a decent story.

All in my humble opinion of course.

Edit: both my girlfriend and my sister hated it too.
Edit 2: i think it's probably one of the worst films i've ever seen, i even thought charlie's angels 2 was a better film.
Edit 3: oh and, it was entirely predictable

G

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Big G
There didn't seem to be any logical continuity in scenes.

*SPOILER* one moment she can't speak Jap, then she can. It seemed like they didn't know one another, then all of a sudden he can make her a sword (cut to one month later), yay another way over the top shitty fight scene with comedy blood to make up for the complete lack of a decent story.

You obviously made little effort to comprehend the movie then. :( your loss it wasn't hard to follow.

M

Munkey-

Soundtrack is actually pretty good.

Really want to see the film now :(

B

Big G

Why should i have to make an effort?

I thought it was bollocks, end of. There seems to be an emperor's new clothes situation about it: it's a Tarantino film and god forbid if you say anything bad against it.

Went into work the following day... "went to see kill bill last night.." to which people interrupted me and said "bollocks ain't it".

All down to opinion, but don't insult me by telling me i need to make an effort to comprehend it.

G

F

FatBusinessman

There seems to be an emperor's new clothes situation about it: it's a Tarantino film and god forbid if you say anything bad against it.
I think there's more of a Marmite situation about it: you either love it or hate it. I'm one of the former, but it is your inalienable right to be one of the latter.

M

Meatballs

All down to opinion, but don't insult me by telling me i need to make an effort to comprehend it.

G

If i was insulting you I would call you a twat, theres no need to pretend that I am insulting you just to win a point. Some films require more effort than others (case point: Memento) that doesn't make them a bad film, and if you slate a film you havn't given a fair chance then... Sure its your choice if you are going to, and everyones entitled to their opinions, its just seemed from how vague you were being that you didn't even bother to follow the dialogue.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by FatBusinessman
I think there's more of a Marmite situation about it: you either love it or hate it. I'm one of the former, but it is your inalienable right to be one of the latter.

You can say you dislike marmite without trying it, and you can also learn to like it, or well, tolerate it in my case.

S

Stazbumpa

Lucy Liu just sucked Staz off, lucky bastard.

I thought me and her were alone. You spying on me again?

Film: Not seen it, want to, have a feeling I will enjoy. I don't take movies too seriously, and when you don't you sometimes get what the director is trying to do.

K

-KnoX-

While Kill Bill pretty much fulfils my every earthly dream, may I take this oppertunity to be a smug know-it-all and point out that QT's film is a remake of Francois Truffaut's "The Bride Wore Black"? It's that new wave classic, Jeanne Moreau played the bride, a woman sworn to take bloody vengeance - one by one - upon the fiends who killed her fiance on their wedding day. A one-off case for Mr. Tarantino? Not quite: remember how similar Resevoir Dogs was to City on fire? Talanted bastard he undoubtebly is - able to generate an original storyline he is not.

T

Tom

Show me an original film from the last 20 years?

R

r32

Went into work the following day... "went to see kill bill last night.." to which people interrupted me and said "bollocks ain't it".

You obviously work with retards. You must fit in well.

B

Big G

Originally posted by r32
You obviously work with retards. You must fit in well.

Good ridence kiddy, it was coming to you and you soOoo deserved that. It's not your fault you have a small penis :(.

Tom,

Original film, I'd say Minority Report was fairly original? Whatcha think?

G

T

Testin da Cable

in an aside, I was reading an article tod that argued that many of the "classic" films are actually based on old japanese tales. the only one I can come up with atm is the good magnificant7 from the brilliant 7 samurai, but the article quoted many.

L

leggy

Tom are you serious with the original film in the last 20 years comment?

If you are you deserve to be shot. Twice. And any opinion you have on films in the future made null and void.

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Testin da Cable
in an aside, I was reading an article tod that argued that many of the "classic" films are actually based on old japanese tales. the only one I can come up with atm is the good magnificant7 from the brilliant 7 samurai, but the article quoted many.

Theres a classic clint eastwood film that is based on a japanese movie or something. Some samurai is employed to protect a town from gang of other people, cant really remember the names of either film though.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by Meatballs
Theres a classic clint eastwood film that is based on a japanese movie or something. Some samurai is employed to protect a town from gang of other people, cant really remember the names of either film though.

Could have been any imho :p

but sounds like 'For a fistful of dollars'

T

Testin da Cable

yesyes I'm remembering some from the article, and indeed many of the westerns were originally japanese stories!

C

Cdr

Originally posted by doh_boy
Could have been any imho :p

but sounds like 'For a fistful of dollars'

uhuh, then Bruce Willis came along and did the same story again in Last Man Standing.

Wasn't as good tho.

Also, apparently the original wasn't Akira Kurosawa's "Yojimbo." Kurosawa took the story from Dashiel Hammet's 1920s-era "Red Harvest."

:)

A

adams901

people who get their knowlege from google need to be shot.

C

Cdr

Actually, it was from www.imdb.com when I went to have a look at the name of the Bruce Willis film, cos I couldn't remember it.

D

DaGaffer

Its one of those hoary old film critic things to say: "Every Hollywood film is a ripoff of a Japanese (or French) classic, blah blah". Its untrue, and even if it was so what? All depends on your definition of 'ripoff' anyway, since there are supposedly only about seven themes for ALL drama, and every movie or play (or book) is a variation on one or more of those themes. (Not to defend Kill Bill's lack of storyline originality, but like I said, so what?)

As for Tom's comment about no original films for 20 years. Silly person, go and stand in the corner with the others.

C

Cdr

Originally posted by DaGaffer
As for Tom's comment about no original films for 20 years. Silly person, go and stand in the corner with the others.

'others'? Tom should stand on his own!

K

-KnoX-

I think the Matrix (thats nr one) is one of the most original movies to come out in a long time. Those Watchamacall-it brothers should be proud. But then they messed it all up by making a crap ass movie like matrix reloaded.... It's a sad thing

T

Tom

Matrix original? Whats so original about robots taking over the world and enslaving mankind?

imo the last original film to appear was Citizen Kane. IMO.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom