Kill Bill

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by nath
Dude :\ The thin red line is one of the most beautiful films ever made, tbvfh.

The Mona Lisa is beautiful but I wouldn't want to look at it for three hours. Though it would be more interesting than the Thin Red Line. Paint...drying.

L

leggy

Originally posted by nath
Dude :\ The thin red line is one of the most beautiful films ever made, tbvfh.

It's fucking shit though. I bet you played Unreal 2 all the way through because the graphics were pretty.

T

Tom

Just seen KB, I really enjoyed it. Tarantino doesn't know how to disappoint. Unlike any film I've ever seen before.

I loved the music, I might just buy the soundtrack.

N

nath

Originally posted by leggy
It's fucking shit though. I bet you played Unreal 2 all the way through because the graphics were pretty.

It's not at all shit, and Unreal 2's graphics weren't pretty at all, technically impressive but far from pretty.

D

DaGaffer

Never seen a Tarantino film I didn't like - although his best film he didn't make - True Romance

M

.mef.

I think Jackie Brown was fucking awsome. I think people just want to see guys walking around in suits all day long being 'super-cool'.

S

(Shovel)

There's bits that I feel quibbily about - I though the blood was ott and didn't remotely add anything, but I keep hearing people say that it was realisitc... heh.

It was slick. The camera shots were so good, so well thought out. The music was fantastic too - that was the main thing I was thinking throughout really - the image of the film was spot on and wonderfully oddball throughout :)

I agree about the "buy the soundtrack" comment.

L

leggy

The blood was another film reference. It was done in the vain of old school kung-fu movies, which starred the likes of sonny chiba. Who had a cameo as the sword maker.

S

(Shovel)

Originally posted by leggy
The blood was another film reference. It was done in the vain of old school kung-fu movies, which starred the likes of sonny chiba. Who had a cameo as the sword maker.

Aha. If in doubt, it's a reference... :D

BTW: Play have got the OST for £9 for anyone who's looking.

T

Tom

Originally posted by DaGaffer
Never seen a Tarantino film I didn't like - although his best film he didn't make - True Romance

Tony Scott ruined that film. Lots of script changes.

D

DaGaffer

Originally posted by Tom
Tony Scott ruined that film. Lots of script changes.

Hmmm...b*llocks. Since it was a great film, featuring one of the best 'showdown' scenes in film history (the Dennis Hopper/Christopher Walken scene) - he didn't ruin it. QED.

NB. The only big script change from the Tarantino original was the ending, which I preferred as I like happy endings.

A

Arnor

Originally posted by DaGaffer
The Mona Lisa is beautiful but I wouldn't want to look at it for three hours. Though it would be more interesting than the Thin Red Line. Paint...drying.

well put

C

Ch3tan

Just saw it, utter brilliance. Tarintino may have taken a while to come up with a new release, but he has spent the time well. So many quirky bits, so well made, great acting all round. I am going to see this again and am looking forward to the second part.

This is the first film which I have not found flaw with since Pirates of the Carribean -and I saw that a few months before its UK release.

S

shayala

amazing, tarantino made a film which noone can leave before the end, even if u dont like it afterwards. It presses you into your seat you dont get bored at anytime

fantastic, enjoyed it really

1tchy trigger

Chets
This is the first film which I have not found flaw with since Pirates of the Carribean
... and you were going so well until the PotC bit for it was shite

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by shayala
amazing, tarantino made a film which noone can leave before the end, even if u dont like it afterwards. It presses you into your seat you dont get bored at anytime

fantastic, enjoyed it really

Actually -5 or 6 poeple left the cinema while I was watching it, and someone was asleep infront of me. Its great but I can see that it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.

Itchy, PotC was great, just read all the threads about it, your outnumbered :)

M

Meatballs

Originally posted by Ch3tan
Actually -5 or 6 poeple left the cinema while I was watching it, and someone was asleep infront of me. Its great but I can see that it wouldn't be everyones cup of tea.

There was an old man sat right infront of me, having a good chuckle at all the chuckly parts, the girl I went to see it with really liked it, and my friends girl both enjoyed it. Before then all the girls I talked to who'd seen it hated it.

M

Moving Target

Yeah well, he has me on his side!

Rah \o/

P

pg_exoshear

Just saw it earlier today, I rather liked it. >_>

C

Ch3tan

Originally posted by Moving Target
Yeah well, he has me on his side!

Rah \o/

Well that settles it, the other side wins by default. Unless spam, sarcasm and irony have become ultra deadly weapons? :p

1tchy trigger

I'm also outnumbered by people who think 'The Sun' is quality newspaper ... sometimes it's good to be in the minority ... tricks are for kids!

M

Moving Target

Well that settles it, the other side wins by default. Unless spam, sarcasm and irony have become ultra deadly weapons? :p

They always have been

HO HO HO HO!

S

Sawtooth

Its okay, but not much in it that makes it a great film. QTs too derivative and lacks originality but thats what the popcorn generation want. Same shit rehashed in an easily digestible form.

I think all the films he steals from are far better but as a tribute film it does it's job.

Also it dragged a bit in places. QTs saying he slows it down for the second installment. Maybe that should read in STALL ment as any slower and it'll stand still.

I'd still go and see it though as Uma looks good.

C

CptDoom

I loved it to pieces.

The carnage, music and Uma is the entire film to be fair but theres nowt like a good dose of liberal violence and blood to make your day a better one.

Cant wait for Vol 2. ETA anyone?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom