{KEA} open a public CSS server

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
I didnt see any bunning hopping, and long range shots are generally called AIMing, but hey, whatever :)

as i said, ive not played it in ages, and just gets really boring..spawn..walk forwards.. SNIPER HEADSHOT... repeat

and there was 1 or 2 people bunny hopping *cough* beavykins :D:p

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
I'll play if you do an old school rcon war! It used to rock back in the day when 5 BW admins would be on a CS server, each one changing the map 5 seconds after they'd joined :)

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I think you might be misinterpreting bunny hopping. I know Beavy and he never does that, but it wouldnt make any difference to the game anyway. I suspect your confusing jumping with bunnying to be honest.

As far as getting killed instantly, I think thats more you than the game mate, otherwise you'd be doing it to other people :p

Having said that, if you didnt like it, thats up to you :) There is a learning curve, I cant deny that!

taB

Part of the furniture
When I used to play it was on a mostly sniper less server so I did last a bit longer.

Anyways, deleted my config.cfg file and that didn't fix that setting you were on about so not a scooby why it's being awkward.

Mabs

As far as getting killed instantly, I think thats more you than the game mate, otherwise you'd be doing it to other people :p

aah no i know that. but thats the prob with the die-wait-for-round-reset.. get killed in 10 secs, wait 3 mins, repeat, dont get a chance to get any better , and i know its my end, just depressing :)

as for hopping. few people, less than 10 feet away, spending most of the time in the air, while being shot at, counts as bunny hopping as far as im concerned.

jumping: getting over obstacles
bunny hopping: jumping to avoid incoming projectiles ;)

Dukat

Resident Freddy
aah no i know that. but thats the prob with the die-wait-for-round-reset.. get killed in 10 secs, wait 3 mins, repeat, dont get a chance to get any better , and i know its my end, just depressing :)

as for hopping. few people, less than 10 feet away, spending most of the time in the air, while being shot at, counts as bunny hopping as far as im concerned.

jumping: getting over obstacles
bunny hopping: jumping to avoid incoming projectiles ;)

Its all just practice :)

Beavy jumps a bit, but "bunnyhopping" in HL games normally means scripted jumping that makes you move faster than normal running will allow - just jumping isnt normally frowned apon so much :)

The jumping actually makes people easier to hit once you get the hang of it :)

We have had a few people online lately who seem to be beginners, the trick is not to get depressed with it and just stick at it, eventually you'll start to get kills, it might take a while with the likes of beavykins though as hes a pretty good player :)

Mabs

When I used to play it was on a mostly sniper less server so I did last a bit longer.

Anyways, deleted my config.cfg file and that didn't fix that setting you were on about so not a scooby why it's being awkward.

just a thought, some files dont like being fiddled with
had a similair thing with DODS configs, in the end, add the line to the .cfg and make it read only worked

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The thing is, the thing that makes CS continue to be played while all the other games come and go -for example I'd been playing CS a long time when CoD1 came out, and Im still playing it now when CoD4 is around, and no doubt when CoD8 is out CS will still be played, and still be more popular- is that it rewards you when you win, by giving you more money.

Every other FPS game I can think of is spawn run about die spawn run about die ad infinitum. One of the main tricks to playing CS is Stay Alive! :) This can take some getting used if you normally play TDM games, I know when I went from Quake 2 to CS it took me ages.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
just a thought, some files dont like being fiddled with
had a similair thing with DODS configs, in the end, add the line to the .cfg and make it read only worked

I suprised the zblock on the server allows you to run interp 0.050, I would have thought it would change it or kick you, quite wierd really. I shouldnt worry TOO much about it though :)

Mabs

I suprised the zblock on the server allows you to run interp 0.050, I would have thought it would change it or kick you, quite wierd really. I shouldnt worry TOO much about it though :)

other thing to bear in mind, if you hard fix it server side, it overwrites. if server is set to something like 5-10, and someone has a 3, then it will force them to 5 regardless

throdgrain

FH is my second home
Yeah zblock should only allow .010 or 020 though, yet 2 people (one being yourself) it showed as 0.050. All of us KEA lot had .010

Oh well, I only mentioned it because you had that wierd ping :) Im not going to ban people because OMG RAYTES!!! someone has 50 updaterate instead of 100. It will make little difference. Quite often you see admins banning people for low rates when the peretrator of this terrible crime is on 0-8 and is clearly gaining nothing from them.

Mabs

Yeah zblock should only allow .010 or 020 though, yet 2 people (one being yourself) it showed as 0.050. All of us KEA lot had .010

Oh well, I only mentioned it because you had that wierd ping :) Im not going to ban people because OMG RAYTES!!! someone has 50 updaterate instead of 100. It will make little difference. Quite often you see admins banning people for low rates when the peretrator of this terrible crime is on 0-8 and is clearly gaining nothing from them.

meh, only downloaded it yesterday, so dunno :)
and doubt it made much difference anyway :cheers:

taB

Part of the furniture

Yeah the ping thing was because my previous ISP despite giving me a 4mb connection or some such shite gave me a 200 ping to go with it which meant I got auto kicked from I server I contributed some cash to. Some guy told me to type something when I was tipsy (usual) and it set it to that number. Anyways, that bit was fixed when I changed my config file back to default so that's back to normal. New ISP has good pings anyways.

Will put the interp thingy into my cfg file and see how it gets on.

Edit: 0-8 sounds about right too :p

Jupitus

Old and short, no wonder I'm grumpy!
Staff member
FH Subscriber
We have had a few people online lately who seem to be beginners, the trick is not to get depressed with it and just stick at it, eventually you'll start to get kills, it might take a while with the likes of beavykins though as hes a pretty good player :)

When will I start getting some kills? :(

;)

I got Throddy twice last night.... 2/24378465726985679863495623 :D

Dark Orb Choir

Loyal Freddie
i played on your server, it smelt of waddy and bacon with extra bacon......

i got to RANK #1 and pwned all ju nubs with my 1337 skillz

just call me George bush... but keep my identity secret

Darthshearer

Can't get enough of FH
I'll play if you do an old school rcon war! It used to rock back in the day when 5 BW admins would be on a CS server, each one changing the map 5 seconds after they'd joined :)

Sunday night CS BW Fun with [707], {KEA} and some more :) Grrrrreat days :)

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!
Righto where to start?

Mabs, you are using the term bunny hopping without understanding what it is. I did not think it was possible to bunny hop properly in css? Although I have not been on the scene for a while and may be out of date with that info.

Sniping - We were playing dust 2, the terrorists were getting done when rushing. They saved up and awp's our asses from their spawn. If you learn the maps and choke points you learn to stay well away from the doors. Exile (who was that?) and Throddy did get very irritating with the 4 rounds of consecutive awp sniping though. I wouldn't have minded if they had had the balls to use a Scout instead.

rates- I used to love messing with the config to get the rates and everything just right. I really do not understand all this bollocks about forcing settings on players. Everyone has a unique connections which needs different settings to get an optimal connection. You do not create an even playing field by forcing the same settings on everyone, you simply make it worse for those with bad connections to start with.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
what should happen is that Steam auto callibrates the rates for you to an optimum setting depending on the server your connection etc...

That would solve all the "problems"...

mank!

Part of the furniture
has it died an untimely death already? i can't see it in steam or ping it in dos :(

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Unfortunately the server hosting people are doing power maintenance.
The server should be up and running again later today...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
What a dickhead :) Hes still annoyed at getting battered on that FH game I expect.

MYstIC G

Official Licensed Lump of Coal™ Distributor
Staff member
FH Subscriber
Sunday night CS BW Fun with [707], {KEA} and some more :) Grrrrreat days :)
Any ideas on times? Usually spend sunday nights with the missus (keeps her quiet ;))

mank!

Part of the furniture
i think darth was reminiscing, meg.

had some fun games tonight once i learnt how to aim

mank!

Part of the furniture
he challenged us to a game on 1.6, so he can pwn us.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom