Just watched a bainshee video and vampiir and warlock videos - omg

illu

Part of the furniture
Lo peeps

Hmmm the new classes look interesting - and I know people have mentioned them before in here - but what are the classes weaknesses??

The warlock video I saw - basically anyone 1on1 that the warlock wanted to kill - it seemed like he could - but he also almost instadied when anyone hit him....so the class looks strong - yet killable.

The Vampiir videos I saw were simply vampiirs zooming from one fight to the next, even with no life left they fought away, sucking life out of their victims, going on killing sprees of 2-3+ seemed the "norm" ^^. So these will be interesting to try and land a PA on and kill :/ and they had a nasty take all your opponents end in one hit thing which was a bit nasty!

The bainshee video was unreal. A guy called incedent seemed to go about with his FG, and was taking down RR10 middy tanks with EASE. Anyone that went near him seemed to get rooted or stunned, he walked away and carried on zapping. And then the best / worst bit, this happened 3 times in the vid, the fg runs up to a fg of mids or enemy, all the enemy were mezzed - then literally in 2 pulses of spells (say 2 maybe 3 seconds max) ALL the enemy that were mezzed in front of the bainshee were dead!

How do you kill a bainshee?

Some interesting times are coming up.....

Dark age of Castalot.....

Oli - Illu

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Warlock with charged chambers > it all.
Warlock without chambers < it all.
Basicly ;)

And hehe yes I've seen the Indecent video, but consider that the video doesn't show how a banshee dies, as it's the case in most videos, gankage is shown, failures are not.
But I've no clue, the Banshee also seems extreme to me, after what I've seen.

PS; It's two Banshees in Indecents group, not one :)

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Mythic in "Overpowered Classes In Expansion" shocker! Whatever next? :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
its ok, once enough people have bought the expansion and leveled them up, they will get nerfed, its all in the $s

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
bainshees aren't overpowered in any way, a full toa'd one against zergs of noobs without resists or healing in group will kill a lot

but so will any other mage

big deal? no.

its a fun and different class, thats all :p

Kami

Can't get enough of FH
Don't think any of them is as bad as the current sorcerer in game to be honest. Sure Warlock looks great 1v1 unless chambers are down. Bainshee needs people who are soloing/not in groups or with awful resists or just plain stupid. Vampiir looks fun although it'd still hit the deck like a sack of shit versus a sorc mez/ LT LT LT = you are dead regardless in 4 secs.

Ocalinn

Fledgling Freddie
Kami said:
Don't think any of them is as bad as the current sorcerer in game to be honest. Sure Warlock looks great 1v1 unless chambers are down. Bainshee needs people who are soloing/not in groups or with awful resists or just plain stupid. Vampiir looks fun although it'd still hit the deck like a sack of shit versus a sorc mez/ LT LT LT = you are dead regardless in 4 secs.

why does a bainshee need ppl who are soloing or with low resists? its a caster like many other classes and a vampiir getting killed by a sorc casting 3 LTs has 0% body resist and about 1500 hp

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
bainshees are gonna be a pure zerg/keep fight class - but a fun one i guess
kinda like wizards - totally useless in fg fights but fun in keep fights

warlocks are gonna be a big annoyance for soloers - it will join the ranks of sorc, minstrel and BD as most overpowered soloers. in groups i dont see them as a big problem - their initial firepower through chambered spells will be eaten up by DI and then it's a pretty much useless class

Vampiirs will be a fun but a bit gimp class (sub par stats cause of rising stats being weaker than bot buffs) but a good chance for people without buffbot to be competitive - gonna see many of those

valkyries and heretics seem to be useless

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
illu said:
Lo peeps

Hmmm the new classes look interesting - and I know people have mentioned them before in here - but what are the classes weaknesses??

The warlock video I saw - basically anyone 1on1 that the warlock wanted to kill - it seemed like he could - but he also almost instadied when anyone hit him....so the class looks strong - yet killable.

The Vampiir videos I saw were simply vampiirs zooming from one fight to the next, even with no life left they fought away, sucking life out of their victims, going on killing sprees of 2-3+ seemed the "norm" ^^. So these will be interesting to try and land a PA on and kill :/ and they had a nasty take all your opponents end in one hit thing which was a bit nasty!

The bainshee video was unreal. A guy called incedent seemed to go about with his FG, and was taking down RR10 middy tanks with EASE. Anyone that went near him seemed to get rooted or stunned, he walked away and carried on zapping. And then the best / worst bit, this happened 3 times in the vid, the fg runs up to a fg of mids or enemy, all the enemy were mezzed - then literally in 2 pulses of spells (say 2 maybe 3 seconds max) ALL the enemy that were mezzed in front of the bainshee were dead!

How do you kill a bainshee?

Some interesting times are coming up.....

Oli - Illu

Don't know if u noticed, but the banshee was rr7+, and someone said, with mom 5. So not that great imo.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Sauruman said:
Don't know if u noticed, but the banshee was rr7+, and someone said, with mom 5. So not that great imo.

well bainshee dd delve is 4 (!) higher than wizard fire spec dd or runemaster darkness spec dd - people really think that damage will be so much bigger lol?

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
their initial firepower through chambered spells will be eaten up by DI and then it's a pretty much useless class

someone said that DI doesnt help if warlock instakills

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
Well afaik (might just as well be tootttally wrong) Banshee dd = Spirit DD, meaning that actually, on most enemies, the damage will be noticably higher than a firewizzie DD for example, simply due to the habit that most mids cut down on spirit/matter resists to cap the rest.

Reno

One of Freddy's beloved
Bainshee damage is all body, the most capped resist there is.

Danita

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
someone said that DI doesnt help if warlock instakills

afaik there is a 2 sec reuse timer between chambers
unless the warlock kills with one chamber DI will take the damage

Funkybunny

Banned
Garbannoch said:
afaik there is a 2 sec reuse timer between chambers
unless the warlock kills with one chamber DI will take the damage
you need to get under 75% hp + 1 hit for DI to take it

if you kill someone with 2 chambers, DI wont stop it...

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Garba I don't agree on the valkyrie part. I think they can take a warrior spot in a grp for guard / BG purposes and they have insta d/q auity shears, which gives them quite a nice amount of power, also in solo fights. Insta d/q shear a stealther, you've gimped him well.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
Garba I don't agree on the valkyrie part. I think they can take a warrior spot in a grp for guard / BG purposes and they have insta d/q auity shears, which gives them quite a nice amount of power, also in solo fights. Insta d/q shear a stealther, you've gimped him well.

well ofc that's just my impression from reading about the classes, their speclines, etc - I might be wrong in certain things but mids rarely run with warrior these days and for soloing they get the warlock

[NO]Subedai

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:

cept valkyrie got the worst ml paths ever....warlord+stormlord rofl.

itld actaully be harder to think of a worse ml choice combination for the class

liloe

It's my birthday today!
hm ok, thought it was still common to use warriors, so you might have a point there Garba...also interesting what Subedai says about ML pathes. Let's see if mid fits them in or not =)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
warlocks should be crap when their chambers are down..

however the fotm 43h 30w spec isn't, this is a problem ;)

nerf bat inc I imagine.

Bainshee have some overpowered-with-croc-tear-ring things that'll probably get nerfed but otherwise are no worse than the average hib caster.

Plus every single video is an "i Pwn" video where people show the fights they win... given a year or so I could probably collect an "I pwn" smite cleric video :p

Leel

Fledgling Freddie
Well, bainshee damage doesn't look to be THAT much higher, but they seem to have tons of tools that other classes don't have. They have maybe 2/3 the tools that bainshee got, and this makes bainshee much more verstatile than the others. Think I'll rather play my elds than roll a bainshee, as I love the class and think they are really great. Warlock looks just stupid, not gonna roll one, maybe make a vampiir though. Not really looking forward to catacombs because of those dumbass new classes.

Kalba

Can't get enough of FH
Leel said:
Not really looking forward to catacombs because of those dumbass new classes.

I have to say the same, when you remember what si did...

Lothandar

Fledgling Freddie
illu said:

That's going on already :p

Kalba said:
I have to say the same, when you remember what si did...

In terms of damage to the game, SI was not at all bad, savages got their needed tone down and life went on with the "get to 50, get sc, go out and have some fun" route.

[HB]Jpeg

Loyal Freddie
i watched the 3 videos also u speak off and tbh i wasnt overly impressed by banshi...
warlock struck me as being way op'd (way more than newbs consider sorcs as)

i love the look of the vampiir tho and i love the concept of no BB needed. i for sure will be rolling one on PRYD

Chimaira

Can't get enough of FH
Garbannoch said:
bainshees are gonna be a pure zerg/keep fight class - but a fun one i guess
kinda like wizards - totally useless in fg fights but fun in keep fights

Wizards are FAR from useless.

We ran a rr7 wiz in our set grp at pryd and it was madness..Good toaed and its full go. Aval race aswell for a extra pint of dmg.

My 2 cents

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom