Just watched a bainshee video and vampiir and warlock videos - omg

Kais

Banned
Chimaira said:
Wizards are FAR from useless.

We ran a rr7 wiz in our set grp at pryd and it was madness..Good toaed and its full go. Aval race aswell for a extra pint of dmg.

My 2 cents

not quite useless but a cabby is a far better choice for groups.

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
fire wizard has got to be one of the most fun classes i ever played :D

extremely lethal, even on 50% resist, they rip mages apart so fast its crazy. a well played wiz is certainly worth a grp spot, but yes, caba has more util and the same kinda dmg :)

sorc debuffing for firewiz has the same effect as caba debuffing for himself + sorc tho :) but the aedis and nearsight + pet are things too overpowered not to take in group really

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
if you want an eld in a hib fg, you might as well want a bainshee.

223 delve nuke vs 209. That nuke is a lot better vs mids, worse vs albs. Afaik the focus nearsight last 30 min after they go out of the radius / its cancelled, so it seems better than eld nearsight. They dont have debuffs ofcourse, but thats the tradeoff.

knighthood

Fledgling Freddie
Wizard not good at RvR u say... lol..

I disagree, i saw Kalammer his m8 and bot take out 11 middies solo in DF, his cast spd is insane <yeah ok hes RR7-8 i think> but he was nuking mars and succubus down in 3 casts... 3 casts ffs... for red-purp mobs thats stupidly impressive and considering these mobs resists and hp is higher than an average player char, well maybe not actual dmg line resists but u know what i mean, the 50 being yellow to u.. u can imagine what wizzies can do in RvR. Apparently bolts can hit up to 1500dmg on crits...

Warlocks i actually want to come, bring them on, then maybe my fucking friar can actually get some RvR grps for his matter resist buffs lol

Mazzaca

Fledgling Freddie
knighthood said:
I disagree, i saw Kalammer his m8 and bot take out 11 middies solo in DF, his cast spd is insane <yeah ok hes RR7-8 i think> but he was nuking mars and succubus down in 3 casts... 3 casts ffs... for red-purp mobs thats stupidly impressive and considering these mobs resists and hp is higher than an average player char, well maybe not actual dmg line resists but u know what i mean, the 50 being yellow to u.. u can imagine what wizzies can do in RvR. Apparently bolts can hit up to 1500dmg on crits...

Warlocks i actually want to come, bring them on, then maybe my fucking friar can actually get some RvR grps for his matter resist buffs lol

Best bolt Kalammer hit me for was 1206, not really close to 1500, but yeh it aint bad :)

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
knighthood said:
Wizard not good at RvR u say... lol..

dno wtf owning people in df or mobs has to do with wizard in rvr...

Ogen

One of Freddy's beloved
And once again the albs goes on about sorcs not being OP at all... lmfao :wanker:
At least i heard sorcs gets hit by the big nasty nerf bat in cata :) Cant wait tbh.

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
bainshee nearsight drops as soon as the bainshee moves, gets interrupted (hello banelords), target walks out of range, etc etc - no 30 sec delay (refresh timer of the magic ablative is 30 sec - maybe you mixed that up); besides that in order to have an effective nearsight you will have to gimp your single dd since you wont be able to spec SG high enough
I highly doubt any gank group will run a bainshee on excal when they can take a light or mana eld instead - would be like taking a wizard over a caba - the few points higher delve dd wont be even noticeable.

But just because they suck in fg RvR doesnt mean they are not fun to play. Wizards are extremely fun to play and I expect bainshees to be just as much fun - but both classes are sub par for group RvR compared to other casters in their respective realm.

Concerning Wizards doing good damage: ofc a high RR wizard can do very nice damage - but so can a sorc, caba and air theurg and all of those 3 have like 10 times more to offer (utility-wise) than a wizard. Until hibs get bainshees our highest delve dd is 209 and did it make any difference to a 219 one? not really - in fact it would suck to have a higher one since I wouldnt be able to get all the utility from the 2nd line then.

Good casters are defined by the amount of utility they have (debuffs, pet, etc) and not whether they have 10 more delve on their dd.

Ckiller

Loyal Freddie
Garbannoch said:
Good casters are defined by the amount of utility they have (debuffs, pet, etc) and not whether they have 10 more delve on their dd.

Heck i always thought it was the skill of the player that counted,,,, but then again u r prob right(hint stun on casters :) )

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
10 more delve on dd is still not a bad thing, and bainshee do have some extra utility so I wouldnt write em off as useless in fg :p

Sauruman

Loyal Freddie
Garbannoch said:
bainshees are gonna be a pure zerg/keep fight class - but a fun one i guess
kinda like wizards - totally useless in fg fights but fun in keep fights

lol ? :cheers:

Shatar

Fledgling Freddie
Kalba said:
I have to say the same, when you remember what si did...
SI was the only good expansion to date for this game. Ok Savage superquadhits were a bit much but got toned down and it brought us Spellcrafting and Alchemy, the bloody best things in this game (get to 50 and get sc and roxxor boxxor anyone?). And then they came and fucked everything up with ToA (PvE to 50 than PvE for a few months more) and then decided to hit something already lying down by releasing NF (After these months of PvE go out and have crap RvR at boringass keeps). :flame:

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
garba said it all in his post, its 100% accurate :p

or well, firewizards arent useless in groups, they just have nothing they can do better than a caba on the same spot in fg vs fg

liloe

It's my birthday today!
I think bainshees have a pretty decent utility. acuity shear, d/q debuff, DD, pulsing pbae, CAE DD which seems to be nice...

and they get a nice RR5 RA aswell

Garbannoch

Fledgling Freddie
liloe said:
I think bainshees have a pretty decent utility. acuity shear, d/q debuff, DD, pulsing pbae, CAE DD which seems to be nice...

and they get a nice RR5 RA aswell

and if they had 3x spec points you could even get that ;)

liloe

It's my birthday today!
Garbannoch said:
and if they had 3x spec points you could even get that ;)

heh ok you got me there =))

atm I'm thinking between CAE DD or pulsing PBAE, depends on what interrupts the pulse. If wind changes affect it, no way to spec that, else it might be worth to start it with QC when ppl come near your support, knowing you can still deal dmg while being interrupted.

roovah

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
garba said it all in his post, its 100% accurate :p

or well, firewizards arent useless in groups, they just have nothing they can do better than a caba on the same spot in fg vs fg

range on bolts! :p

Brackus

Fledgling Freddie
solo me > solo bainshee
solo me > solo vampiir
solo me < warlock

bainshee solo is easy every way thinkable, they are only good when being body guarded.

vamps are over rated (unless played by someone who knows what they are doing)

warlock = easymode :p

out of the above 3 vamps require the most skill to play, never see enough vamps out tho :( almost my fav enemy to fight

Danamyr

Fledgling Freddie
Brackus said:
vamps are over rated (unless played by someone who knows what they are doing)

I don't think Vamps are over-rated. Vamps are bloody hard to kill TBH. I've seen a single Vamp kill half a Stealth Zerg on his own...they are as close to a Necro (as in being almost melee immune) in a melee class that I've ever seen TBH.

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
Funkybunny said:
you need to get under 75% hp + 1 hit for DI to take it

if you kill someone with 2 chambers, DI wont stop it...

i cast chamber, LT, chamber cause thats faster than chamber, chamber

and belive me DI will take it

Palemos

Fledgling Freddie
Flimgoblin said:
warlocks should be crap when their chambers are down..

however the fotm 43h 30w spec isn't, this is a problem ;)

nerf bat inc I imagine.

Bainshee have some overpowered-with-croc-tear-ring things that'll probably get nerfed but otherwise are no worse than the average hib caster.

Plus every single video is an "i Pwn" video where people show the fights they win... given a year or so I could probably collect an "I pwn" smite cleric video :p

must say i have soloed theodon without chambers so its not completly "crap" without chambers.... and casters or stealthers i easy solo without chambers.. tanks are harder but have done that maany times.. bm and vamp tho problary wont be able too.. im 50 hex 20 wc btw..

Heta

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
its ok, once enough people have bought the expansion and leveled them up, they will get nerfed, its all in the $s

bainshee been in the game for a ~year, there are plenty rr10 bainshees around already, if your statement would be true they should have been nerfed already

Chronictank

FH is my second home
liloe said:
Garba I don't agree on the valkyrie part. I think they can take a warrior spot in a grp for guard / BG purposes and they have insta d/q auity shears, which gives them quite a nice amount of power, also in solo fights. Insta d/q shear a stealther, you've gimped him well.
valkiries cant bg
only stormlord and warlord

Eeben

Fledgling Freddie
Vamps are really not that overpowert if you just use the tools you got ;) Like switching on heat lgm for when you fighting them helps alot an if you got a few mls that also helps ;)

there are 2 or 3 vamps that are really hard to kill an rest what i have seen is just easy rps ...

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom