Just a thought if Dyvet gets clustered !

Gahn

Resident Freddy
So it was that handful of players who actually seeked 1 vs 1 that ruined it for 2k people and not the other way round.
Okay :p
This is one of the major problems of the Uk Cluster community, lack of capacity of focusing on real problems and blaming it on the "leet" community.

I can't really stop laughing about the whole concept that it's the Soloers who want iRvR.

C

Carss

So it was that handful of players who actually seeked 1 vs 1 that ruined it for 2k people and not the other way round.
Okay :p
This is one of the major problems of the Uk Cluster community, lack of capacity of focusing on real problems and blaming it on the "leet" community.

I can't really stop laughing about the whole concept that it's the Soloers who want iRvR.

Setting up a solo zone where soloers could go and duel killed the server tbh Gahn! :touch: How do you sleep at night?

Also you still got random zerglings going there with groups trying to kill the soloers, Soloers hardly affect people who want to zerg or keeptake, but zerglings do seriously affect soloers as they ruin fights and zerg soloers down.

If you dont like iRvR and dont want it that bad go and do somthing about it or go elsewhere, if enough people agree with you, you should be able to get action going elsewhere. Just because there is iRvR nobody is FORCING you to go there.

Seriously pointless thread

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie

dunno if it drastically changed since I last played, but irvr used to be really nice for soloers. in the zone itself for 'real' soloing, be it zergy as fuck and adds should be expected every fight (more fun for assassin), while leaving crau/beno/bled free from the useless realmdefenders for more 'articial' but undisturbed duels

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
ROLF... you don't tho with that reply?

All... entitled to express there feelings? if you don't like it well tough:p but to slag of the nice guy for it makes you look a c**t no?

You and I both slag each other off and yet we are both nice guys so that makes us c**t's too no? :)

Amphrax/Arauddry

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Just got up and read through this thread I started.

Head is thumping , as Pip sugested , I drank rather copious amounts of Lager with brandy chasers after each bottle :(

The point I was trying to make in my initial post was not exactly put in a way that explained what I was trying to get across , and obviously made it easy for people to basically get me wrong.

IRVR in my oppinion does :

1/ Gives easy access to 3 realms to one spot ( normally a bridge or 2 ) where they can expect to find a fight , which is GOOD for those players.

2/ On a negative side , the above also makes the Keep/Tower take aspect of the game stale , as those people who like to see battles for keeps/towers have only one option when they join the server , which is to go where the action is , in a hope to get rps. Theres also the ADDING side to deal with , where I try not to add on 1v1s if I have a choice but with server numbers so low any kill means rps .. or you could spend hours without getting any rps because every target is someone elses.

I noticed one person who replied , pointed to doing something ingame to aleiviate these points , rather than moaning on a forum. I agree I was pretty pissed when I started the thread and said somethings that did not make sence.

( ** Places a new stik-it on monitor saying DO NOT POST WHEN PISSED**)

I agree also that on play style can not be respnsible for everything thats gone wrong with the game , I was really getting some of my frustration out on some things that happened to me online recently ( playing my Hunter ) like for instance , I followed a caster for at least 10 minutes while stealthed , where there was alot of enemy too .... caught up with him/her and started shooting ... at this same time he started casting ...on someone else infront of him...who basically was attacking him/her ... once dead this other MID came up and gave much abuse for ADDING ... ( I didnt see him and he dident see me because we were on opposite sides of the target )

This YOU ADDED brigade are the ones I was trying to vent my frustration on ...and as a Bow spec Hunter ...my main style of fighting is from as far away from the target as possable ... and in many situations I have drawn my arrow only to cancel the shot Thinking I am adding , and will get abuse.

People who know my hunter know that I try not to add and have in cases PM'd and asked if assistance is required.

I accept not all people like certain play styles ... but like another poster pointed out , Too much keep/tower taking may become boring ... I point out that too much iRVR does too.

I thank you all for your replies ...even those that tried to have a dig at me , and hope that I have taken enough time to explain my moan.

Kinag

Part of the furniture

Head is thumping , as Pip sugested , I drank rather copious amounts of Lager with brandy chasers after each bottle :(

The point I was trying to make in my initial post was not exactly put in a way that explained what I was trying to get across , and obviously made it easy for people to basically get me wrong.

1/ Gives easy access to 3 realms to one spot ( normally a bridge or 2 ) where they can expect to find a fight , which is GOOD for those players.

2/ On a negative side , the above also makes the Keep/Tower take aspect of the game stale , as those people who like to see battles for keeps/towers have only one option when they join the server , which is to go where the action is , in a hope to get rps. Theres also the ADDING side to deal with , where I try not to add on 1v1s if I have a choice but with server numbers so low any kill means rps .. or you could spend hours without getting any rps because every target is someone elses.

I noticed one person who replied , pointed to doing something ingame to aleiviate these points , rather than moaning on a forum. I agree I was pretty pissed when I started the thread and said somethings that did not make sence.

I agree also that on play style can not be respnsible for everything thats gone wrong with the game , I was really getting some of my frustration out on some things that happened to me online recently ( playing my Hunter ) like for instance , I followed a caster for at least 10 minutes while stealthed , where there was alot of enemy too .... caught up with him/her and started shooting ... at this same time he started casting ...on someone else infront of him...who basically was attacking him/her ... once dead this other MID came up and gave much abuse for ADDING ... ( I didnt see him and he dident see me because we were on opposite sides of the target )

This YOU ADDED brigade are the ones I was trying to vent my frustration on ...and as a Bow spec Hunter ...my main style of fighting is from as far away from the target as possable ... and in many situations I have drawn my arrow only to cancel the shot Thinking I am adding , and will get abuse.

People who know my hunter know that I try not to add and have in cases PM'd and asked if assistance is required.

I accept not all people like certain play styles ... but like another poster pointed out , Too much keep/tower taking may become boring ... I point out that too much iRVR does too.

I thank you all for your replies ...even those that tried to have a dig at me , and hope that I have taken enough time to explain my moan.

Good post, unfortunatly there are those people who abuse you if you add.

Not every single soloer is like that though. What you need to do is ignore it, play how you like, but expect to have people gang up on you because of that, or get added on yourself.

It's how the solo "system" works now a days, you earn your respect and you lose it with one mistake. Call it retarded or whatever you want, it's' just the way it works.

/ignore is a good command if you're getting harrassed though, either that or if it's really nasty, rightnow it. (/ignore is better as we don't need to lose more players :))

aika

Can't get enough of FH

Good post, I understand what you mean, however most ppl wont whine at you for adding (at least I never do), as I believe anyone plays how he wants.. those ppl that shout at other players for adding are worser than the "adders" themselves in my view.

Amphrax

Part of the furniture
We don't use that word C**t to each other tho do we?

This is prolly the best conversation I've had with you in a looooooong time without slagging each other off lol.

So does this mean we gonna make love on the battle field? :) or you gonna eat grass again, again, again and again :p

oh and no we dont use C**t to each other but doesn't ignore the fact that we both are C**t's to each other though does it.

Amphrax/Arauddry

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Did the whining at someone adding on your fight start in DAOC or has it come across from game to game i wonder?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Did the whining at someone adding on your fight start in DAOC or has it come across from game to game i wonder?

The inferior players always have used their superior numbers to win in every game I've played so far. Usually followed by some serious smack talk. Since DAoC has no chat to communicate with enemies FH took over most of the smack talk.

Nuxtobatns

Can't get enough of FH
iRvR is decent/good only if u have a small grp/fg... cause that alone drastically increases your chances to actually have a fight that u have a chance of winning. So one could say...some1 who prefers being alone than part of a coordinated grp could travel to the other ends of the map to get action... but at this state of the game... all the rest of the map is just 100% action dead.
Blame the many PvEers... the ACers ... GOA/Mythic .. whoever u want ... but this server is showing a lack in peeps out in NF. (Hell...even without iRvR... midday in Greece, DC is also kinda empty). What can be done to fix it ? I dont know...
Tho tbh... if only all werent 100% of their time in the mentality of "make larger grps than our enemies... and red=dead " ... it could only be better.
Also a some1 who slags off some1 else for adding (practically ruining a fight) is something i understand and do myself... but come on... this alone will drive the 'adder' to quit ? kinda lol thinking. And the so called 'soloers' have absolutely no real power out in the field of chaos... so its not possible for them to impose any kind of playstyle to the rest of the gamers.

On a personal note... i think action can be decent/good for all ... without having to rely on total iRvR. Besides travelling around is quite easier than it used to be... Agramon, boats, even better hasteners and horses.

PS Nuxto: Soloing does also involve 1v1 :p
Ofc it does...most of the times it comes down to this... in a /bow duel kind .. or normal out-jumping. But also at the same time its much more than just that.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
And the so called 'soloers' have absolutely no real power out in the field of chaos... so its not possible for them to impose any kind of playstyle to the rest of the gamers.

You couldn't be more right about this. Even if the solo guys group up to form a multi-realm strike force so they can play their way and kill an incoming FG or a random Druid called Donkeh, Requiel would show up spawning guards and handing out warnings to the solo guys.

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
Just found this thread i did in a druken state ... and wondered if there was anyone even remotely bothered anymore with what was said and where DAoC is now ?

//Playing WoW atm ... ( though I allways said i would not ) ... sons palyed WAR and Conan Online ....and from what I see and his comments , they do not come close to DAoC .

Scrinthe

Imgormiel

Part of the furniture
Good post, I understand what you mean, however most ppl wont whine at you for adding (at least I never do), as I believe anyone plays how he wants.. those ppl that shout at other players for adding are worser than the "adders" themselves in my view.

Stop adding on my mobs in pve Twin!! xD

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
I'll never forget the night I was out with some grp(can't remember which.. Do you Mani? ;))
when crossing Agramon some lonely bard, Brite, runs up and outmezzes our sorc! Oh I had a right laugh on vent that night :D

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
A few of the bards I knew did actually run around solo to practise mezzing groups when there wasn't a hib group about :)

Scrinthe

Loyal Freddie
:kissit:

he he

some really constructive posts there :D

/ back to playing WoW ... bah ( wish DAoC was as busy ) ...

Xythic

Fledgling Freddie
..... Dyvet wont ever be clustered, when was the last time there was any news about the situation of the server? xD

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Bump.. Just because I love it when Aleven is wrong :)

aika

Can't get enough of FH
I still dont see anyone transferred to US, so technically he is still right :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom