Jimmy Savile child abuser?

rynnor

Rockhound
The irony of the max clifford one is amusing tho - I wonder who he will get in for damage control?

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Is it just me, or do I imagine a middle-aged woman sat in a police station somewhere going "oh, yeah that one off Merry Christmas Everybody, he were there as well, and The Six Million Dollar Man, and Bagpuss an all, the dirty molestin' bastards".

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Bagpuss...never, i wont hear such things i tell ya !!!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
Does this mean we'll forever be rid of at least one annoying Christmas song?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yeah, hoping Cliff Richard has been up to something too.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Christmas Time
Miseltoe and Wine
Chiiiildren sucking up me Nobrind
With logs on the fire
And gifts on the tree
A time to rejoice in access to kiddeeees!

Case closed. Lock him away.

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
Apparently it may not be Noddy Holder, but dirty Den himself, Leslie Grantham

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
at least we can rest assured they're all going to hell, like terrorists and foreign types!

rynnor

Rockhound
Is it just me, or do I imagine a middle-aged woman sat in a police station somewhere going "oh, yeah that one off Merry Christmas Everybody, he were there as well, and The Six Million Dollar Man, and Bagpuss an all, the dirty molestin' bastards".

I think it just shows how little ever went forward historically - they must have hundreds of files of allegations that never went anywhere.

I noticed that father/son pair of serial rapists who were found guilty yesterday in wales - the father had a ton of allegations in the 60's/70s in the west mids that were never persued by the police.

DaGaffer

I think it just shows how little ever went forward historically - they must have hundreds of files of allegations that never went anywhere.

I noticed that father/son pair of serial rapists who were found guilty yesterday in wales - the father had a ton of allegations in the 60's/70s in the west mids that were never persued by the police.

I've got no doubt that there are thousands upon thousands of unreported abuse cases going back to the year dot; but to the casual observer, Operation Yewtree seems to be using a dog-eared copy of Look-In magazine from 1973 for its primary evidence gathering. I'm expecting the police will find a causal link to excessive use of Spangles and the wearing of loon pants next.

rynnor

Rockhound
I've got no doubt that there are thousands upon thousands of unreported abuse cases going back to the year dot; but to the casual observer, Operation Yewtree seems to be using a dog-eared copy of Look-In magazine from 1973 for its primary evidence gathering. I'm expecting the police will find a causal link to excessive use of Spangles and the wearing of loon pants next.

Its not really that suprising that celebs and those around the music biz are figuring highly though - I mean they lived in a pretty warped world of alcohol/drugs, constantly being told they were amazing and no doubt had tons of opportunity?

DaGaffer

Its not really that suprising that celebs and those around the music biz are figuring highly though - I mean they lived in a pretty warped world of alcohol/drugs, constantly being told they were amazing and no doubt had tons of opportunity?

Yes, but the reality of the vast majority of abuse is what its always been - in the home or people known to the abused. That tragedy will barely be addressed because there's more media mileage and careers to be made chasing down c-listers from The Land That Fashion Forgot.

rynnor

Rockhound
Yes, but the reality of the vast majority of abuse is what its always been - in the home or people known to the abused. That tragedy will barely be addressed because there's more media mileage and careers to be made chasing down c-listers from The Land That Fashion Forgot.

Sure the media are enjoying it but if it helps to put some paedophiles behind bars wheres the harm?

Edit - theres also the hope that it has a preventative/cautionary effect.

DaGaffer

Sure the media are enjoying it but if it helps to put some paedophiles behind bars wheres the harm?

Edit - theres also the hope that it has a preventative/cautionary effect.

Well there's already been one person wrongfully accused, so the potential for harm looks pretty significant.

rynnor

Rockhound
Well there's already been one person wrongfully accused, so the potential for harm looks pretty significant.

That was pure media speculation though and not related to the police enquiry itself - that the media gets bored and makes shit up is not exactly news...

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Its definitely "based on evidence put forward in the 60s but never acted on" bit that is most worrying.

sayward

Resident Freddy
Lost Prophets? Really? If it's true I feel sorry for the rest of the band; if they didn't know.

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
Let's simplify this..hands up who HASN'T abused little kids.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom