Jimmy Savile child abuser?

soze

I am a FH squatter
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4563718/Jimmy-abuse-at-BBC-and-in-Rolls-Royce.html

5 women claim Jimmy Savile is a child abuser. If he was still alive then there would be a point to this. As he is dead now what justice is there for these girls. They are bringing this up which will cause his family all sorts of grief for what? Money? Like I said if he is alive and can face charges then it is all good so unless they are going after other people involved in a cover up or something I just see this as way to get famous and make money. And I don't really like having that as my first thought.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
Seen it myself, didnt/wouldnt surprise me tbh as Jimmy has always been a shady fucker (even in the documentary he did with louis theroux he seemed like a right shady git), as for bringing it up after he's already dead i'm not sure what this will accomplish either, surely it would have made more sense for all 5 to bring it up while he was still alive? not only would they have fleeced him for more money but he'd have faced criminal charges aswell (as all pedos should regardless of celebrity status)

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
legally you cannot slander/libel the dead, so afaik they can say wtf they like, get paid by the papers for it, and not be sued

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Hmmm. I always remember him on TOTP grabbing an underage Nolan tit and giving it a right old mash so this doesn't surprise me. It'll be on Youtube.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Its been a persistent rumour for years and years. I first heard someone comment about it when I was a kid; he used to do fun runs and there was one near us (Anglesey) and I remember a couple of Dads making "lock up your daughters, Humbert Humbert is in town" jokes. I had no fucking idea what they were on about or who Humbert Humbert was (I was about 10 at the time) but the strange name stuck in my head and it was years later when I heard it again and made the connection.

I heard a comment about it decades later when I worked at TV Centre as well.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
It's come out now he's dead, which gives the man no chance to defend himself and no chance for any alleged victims to get any closure.

I personally think that the media have wanted to say something like this for a long time but a lack of evidence means that they'd have fallen foul of libel laws. If that's the case, they should leave well alone rather than spread rumours that can never be settled either way, just to sell papers.

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
Aye, even as a kid, my old man used to tell me he was a nonce. Still, he did a lot of good for Stoke Mandeville childrens's hospital....umm..

rynnor

Rockhound
Didnt he used to get the kids to come and sit on his lap on the Jim'l'fixit show?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
The BBC made him wear jewellery so the kids could hear him coming. Like a cat with a bell around its neck.

Exioce

Part of the furniture
It's come out now he's dead, which gives the man no chance to defend himself and no chance for any alleged victims to get any closure.

I personally think that the media have wanted to say something like this for a long time but a lack of evidence means that they'd have fallen foul of libel laws. If that's the case, they should leave well alone rather than spread rumours that can never be settled either way, just to sell papers.
Disagree, it still serves a purpose airing these things, exposing any collusion that enabled, and no doubt still enables it.
Think about the priesthood, scout associations, any organization that closed ranks to save its own reputation rather than exposing its members. The cover-up is just as important to investigate as long-dead abusers.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Disagree, it still serves a purpose airing these things, exposing any collusion that enabled, and no doubt still enables it.
Think about the priesthood, scout associations, any organization that closed ranks to save its own reputation rather than exposing its members. The cover-up is just as important to investigate as long-dead abusers.

That's only if there IS a cover up.

The fact it's coming out now is because he's dead - and can't sue for libel. I.E. Before he was dead there wasn't enough evidence to secure a conviction and there wasn't enough evidence for the press to print their stories.

Now he's dead the press can make a bit of cash in paper sales. And that's it.

What other purpose can it serve? He's dead, so he can't be punished. The only thing that can happen is the press make some money and his family become upset at what they see as lies - because in their eyes if there was any truth in the allegations there was plenty of time when he was alive to bring a prosecution or print the stories...

It's all rumours and gossip, nothing more.

Chilly

Balls of steel
That's only if there IS a cover up.

The fact it's coming out now is because he's dead - and can't sue for libel. I.E. Before he was dead there wasn't enough evidence to secure a conviction and there wasn't enough evidence for the press to print their stories.

Now he's dead the press can make a bit of cash in paper sales. And that's it.

What other purpose can it serve? He's dead, so he can't be punished. The only thing that can happen is the press make some money and his family become upset at what they see as lies - because in their eyes if there was any truth in the allegations there was plenty of time when he was alive to bring a prosecution or print the stories...

It's all rumours and gossip, nothing more.
Yeah but I heard you sucked his dick when you were 11. It's true.

megadave

I am a FH squatter
If he did it he deserves to have his reputation tarnished, dead or alive.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I agree.

However, if he didn't, he doesn't.

Is an allegation enough? Are we an internet lynch mob?

megadave

I am a FH squatter
Well we all know it's only allegations (not just one from what I've read) although people will make up their minds regardless of any sort of court case, I still think MJ was guilty.

opticle

Part of the furniture

This. That sort of thing is horrible for those involved - I'm not surprised they might be reluctant to come forward until he's gone.

However, it makes me upset because (a) if its true, the fucker got away with it and (b) if it isn't true, his name is tarnished and he has no opportunity to defend himself.

It's very difficult and there isn't a 'right' answer, unless you possess a Palantiri and a Time Machine.

opticle

Part of the furniture
Well we all know it's only allegations (not just one from what I've read) although people will make up their minds regardless of any sort of court case, I still think MJ was guilty.

I think MJ had a lot of issues and was a very odd person who needed help. Great musician though. A tragedy of life/society tbh.

rynnor

Rockhound
Tbh with the number of people who are now coming out and accusing him its starting to look like he really was a kiddie fiddler.

rynnor

Rockhound
Apparently he used to visit that childrens home in Jersey that had the child abuse scandal.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
On a similar vein, did anyone read the Pete Townshend bit in the times today? His 'explanation' was ever so convincing.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Is an allegation enough? Are we an internet lynch mob?

To be honest, sometimes you feel like one ;)

On the topic; don't know who he is and if he was a child abuser, he's now dead anyway so it matters f*ck all.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
It's fast turning into a story about who covered up for him and why. That could be very relevant today.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Well the why would be easy; because if he was a bad person the coverup person liked the person.

No different from protecting your family member from being known as a paedo.

Can we punish the people who protected them? If it's only moral "tut tut", could we really blame them if we would do the same?

rynnor

Rockhound
could we really blame them if we would do the same?

You would cover up for a serial child abuser? You should think a bit more before taking your alternative stance sometimes Toht.

On topic it seems various people in the BBC knew since the early 70s and by the 80s the knowledge was fairly widespread.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
This has nothing to do with what i would do. Would you keep it hush if your brother was a child abuser? Or would you announce it to the world?

Perhaps a question that would define if you should judge other people who do the coverups.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
We're not talking about family members here, or even friends necessarily, we're talking about people who's careers revolved around not having personalities on their books turning out to be a kiddie fiddler (allegedly). Is that acceptable Toht?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
In those cases it would come down to friendship, which would the same in a lesser extent(depending on your own definition of friends/family). If it was a co-worker(no special friendship) then it would only be to cover own arse and then it would be a no. I don't think it was defined here who was doing the coverups.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom