james bond.

P

projectarnold

Originally posted by Munkey-
00 is the code to kill.

7 denotes he is one of 10 people granted with that right.

or something.

dont quote me on that thou

Don't mean to be pedantic but there has been up to 0013 in the books. It's pathetic but I feel compelled to mention it.

T

Tom

I enjoyed the latest film. The shootout at the end was pretty spectacular, and invisible cars? No more unusual then eating submarines, or having a laser battle in space. The only time I thought 'no way' was where he was para-surfing that giant wave - a bit too far for me.

And saying that the car chase was directed by a sound engineer, well, this is part of my job m8, and I always say to people who criticise the sound dept:

Television - radio with pictures.

And no, there should most definitely not be a black bond, because there is no reason for him to be. Bond is old school Eton(?) educated englishness, putting a black man in that role is too much to expect the viewing public to believe.

I reckon PB will do the next 2 films, at which point maybe Clive Owen might take over. And Timothy Dalton was a superb bond, he just had a sharper edge - in the early films Connery would quite dispassionately kill somebody in cold blood. You don't see this anymore, because its not 'funny'.

T

Testin da Cable

Originally posted by Tom[SHOTTEH]
in the early films Connery would quite dispassionately kill somebody in cold blood. You don't see this anymore, because its not 'funny'

bring back the old days heh

D

dysfunction

in the early films Connery would quite dispassionately kill somebody in cold blood. You don't see this anymore, because its not 'funny'.

Roger Moore also killed like that. He kicked a car off the cliff in one film with the bad guy in it still...

T

Tom

That was malice. Connery would just shoot somebody, with no provocation, and not even look back.

L

Lester

Who would win in a fight between Connery and Moore then? :rolleyes:

:)

L

lynchet

Yeah tho quite interesting if you watch the DVD extras for that on how unsure Roger Moore was about doing that as he didnt feel it really fitted into "his" way of being Bond.

As for a black Bond, my view is simply that is could be not has to be. When they cast the part you need, as others have said and 30s/40s upper class English Gent --- if the best actor for that part is black he shouldnt be discounted because of his colour, but nor should he be picked specifically because of it.

A good actor transcends that sort of thing - I have seen various Shakespeare plays (ie apart from Othello all the leads pretty well written as white) using black actors and you dont immediately refuse to believe them - if they are good actors they draw you in so you dont actually care. (heh kulcha vulcha me :D )

D

dysfunction

That was malice. Connery would just shoot somebody, with no provocation, and not even look back.

Yeah but Roger Moore used his eye brows!!

L

legendario

Originally posted by dysfunction
There are 9 "00's" then?

So there isnt a 0010 then?

if there are 10 peeps it must start at

:)

M

Mr. 47

000 might be one of the peolple with letters instead of a name (possibally the one in charge, any way, why shouldn't there be a 000 ask any array and it'll tell you 0 is as much a valid number as 1, 2 and in some cases 3.)

L

legendario

I asked my aunt array..

she said "what the fuck are you talking about geek?"

P

projectarnold

There are 9 according to Thunderbal, 002-0011 have all been mentioned in official books. Various comic strips have mentioned up to 4 more but I think most would disregard these considering a lot of them take fairly drastic liberties with the character history.

There are 9.

there is no 000.

So speaketh The Bond Files by Andy Lane and Paul Simpson.

G

Gumbo

When I got a sign on card for work I got 00007, I was happy, that is all.

D

dysfunction

I got myself a "U" number for my sign on at work!

:p

S

scooby-doo

i was just thinking about who the worst bond was and its gotta be david niven.

B

bodhi

I heard Matthew Perry mentioned as the next bond. Which I would probably pay to see.

And Bond shouldn't be black. He's white in the books, so why on earth would you want a black guy to play him?

L

legendario

Originally posted by bodhi
I heard Matthew Perry mentioned as the next bond. Which I would probably pay to see.

lmao are you serious?

I would pay twice to see that.

T

The-Don

iirc I heard Robbie Williams was another possibilitly

lol?

P

projectarnold

Seems Sarah Michelle Gellar is also looking for the role. Choice quote "I don't see why James Bond has to be a man all the time", because he IS a man you stupid stupid cow.

Sorry to rant about this again but it pisses me off no end. However fucked the continuity may be it is a SERIES you can't just switch the characters gender or race because it's "fair". Political correctness= posh word for being a fucking retard.

S

Scooba Da Bass

Why is it political corectness if a female expresses an interest in playing the role?

P

projectarnold

OK, bad post structure. That was more in regards to the "I don't see why James Bond has to be a man all the time" line. I still believe this whole need for a black/female Bond is in the same PC-idiocy vein as the people who want to change the word history and rename Manchester though.

If she want's to see more women in action roles, great, how about going out and finding a script for such a film? Why latch onto a series of films with a very established male main character, it's moronic.

D

doh_boy

Originally posted by projectarnold
OK, bad post structure. That was more in regards to the "I don't see why James Bond has to be a man all the time" line. I still believe this whole need for a black/female Bond is in the same PC-idiocy vein as the people who want to change the word history and rename Manchester though.

:eek6: rename manchester? buh!? I like the name.... don't let them steal it!!:(

unless you said it just to make a point....then ooops:mad:

S

Sar

I still believe this whole need for a black/female Bond is in the same PC-idiocy vein as the people who want to change the word history and rename Manchester though.

Then you're an idiot.

As are the 2nd group of ppl btw.

B

bodhi

An Asian bond would only work if they got the Jerky Boys to do the voice.

S

stu

Seems Sarah Michelle Gellar is also looking for the role. Choice quote "I don't see why James Bond has to be a man all the time", because he IS a man you stupid stupid cow.

Sorry to rant about this again but it pisses me off no end. However fucked the continuity may be it is a SERIES you can't just switch the characters gender or race because it's "fair". Political correctness= posh word for being a fucking retard.

Maybe...

Then again, think about it from another angle. Sarah Michelle Gellar shagging Halle Berry.

Convinced? I fucking am.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom