james bond.

G

gremlin

Originally posted by kryt
(with the exception of the, frankly appallingly pants Tim Dalton)
Pah, herecy. Tim Dalton was teh win as Bond! Wasn't as cheesily 'hollywood' as Brosnan and was a bit darker, broodier than say, Roger Moore.

H

Hashmonster

thought the film was ok, but it's the worse one that pierce has done but no fault of his own acting (which was fine). Goldeneye, tomorrow never dies and the world is not enough were great films... and i think i expected too much with this one... just didn't feel like a proper bond film :/

altho it did have potential the way it started (being captured i mean!). but i think too much money was thrown at it and the direction just went pair shaped.

I hope brosnan does do a few more, as he is the part now in my opinion. came way from first watch of it not liking it that much then went and saw it again and i like it more second time round.

as for the aston, that car is gorgeous! :)

W

wolfeeh

Hmmm

totally agree that a black bond wouldn't work... again not being racist, just agree with comments above as to why it wouldn't.... bond is an IMAGE... no matter how posh or whatever he is, bond is not black...

i've been trying to rack my brains though for who could be bond in like ten years time... nightmare :|

someone in irc just suggested "Tom Chandler" from The Bill..

lol :p

S

Shocko

Originally posted by kryt
It's up to the cast directors anyway, most choices have been good ones (with the exception of the, frankly appallingly pants Tim Dalton), and I'd have faith in their next choice
Infidel! :eek:

Dalton was quite possibly the best Bond out of the lot of them!! :p

For those who say that a black bond would work, i ask them:
Would Bond as an Indian, or middle-eastern work? Would Bond with an American/Australian/French accent work? Would Bond as a muscle-bound bodybuilder work?

The answer to them all, is no. Bond is a slightly posh, white english spy, in his early 40s(perhaps late 30s). Bond is an image, and that's the bottom line.

L

luap

Just thought I'd post to get my avatar in a suitable thread :)

L

legendario

Originally posted by Embattle
Actually not so much for the Bond role but another set of films, the idea came from how well Halle Berry played here part...it would be called Jinx after the part she played.

No

There will be a spin off with Jinx...but this also gave them the idea of a Woman Bond.

Won't happen though.

S

Sar

"007" & "James Bond" are merely codenames for an agent's role in MI5. Much like "M" or "Q". That's why they get away with changing the actor every 4/5 films or so. John Cleese for instance, is now known as "Q", despite even appearing with the former "Q", Desmond Llewellyn in TWINE, as "R". It's a job title, nothing more.

Having a black Bond shouldn't be a problem. It's the character/personality that defines the role, not his (or indeed her!) skin colour or any other aesthetic attribute.

If there was a female Bond she'd have to be a lezzer though.

I'd fucking pay to see that alright.

:D

E

ECA

Originally posted by Gumbo
maybe even played by an American.

Fuck no, we'd beat teh shit out of whoever it was before that happened.

E

ECA

Originally posted by Sar

If there was a female Bond she'd have to be a lezzer though.

I'd fucking pay to see that alright.

I agree completely.

But I'd rather pay to see them fucking alright :D

EDIT: Or even allnight.

M

Mellow-

I haven't seen the film and I probably wont get round to it until it comes out on DVD but I don't believe JB should be played by a black man.

Again, not racist or anything silly like that, just a simple reason.

Hollywood would need to buy a white suit instead.

H

Happy Go Lucky

Vin Diesel in XXX which was supposed to be spoof of bond , while he is not black, it is a step in that direction.

L

Lester

Originally posted by Sar
"007" & "James Bond" are merely codenames for an agent's role in MI5. Much like "M" or "Q". That's why they get away with changing the actor every 4/5 films or so. John Cleese for instance, is now known as "Q", despite even appearing with the former "Q", Desmond Llewellyn in TWINE, as "R". It's a job title, nothing more.

I disagree.

James Bond is his name, not his job title. He has a backstory. I agree that the others are unimportant bit-parts. The 3 most important characters in the bond movies are Bond, The Baddie, The Girl/s. (in the producers opinion) The toys and action next and the m.i.5 base characters a long way down the list which is why they are irrelevant and disposable.

D

Damini

XXX was meant to be the antithesis of Bond, not a spoof. Hence the whole point of him being played by a broad shouldered, muscular american tough guy who's not white.

D

dysfunction

I think "James Bond" is a code name.

I'm am certain they were thinking of making a bond film a while back with all the previous James Bond actors. But obviously they didnt do it.

Why would a top secret spy use his real name?? This would be very dangerous for him as he could be tracked down.

T

Testin da Cable

hmm, I haven't seen the last um...three Bonds. Weren't worth it imo. I did see XxX though [cos I could get in for free]. Few parallels with JB [imo] apart from the car thing. I did like the grrl on the four-poster and the fact that the baddies killed all the scientists. I would have too. ahem.

L

legendario

lol Teh cable boy.

Four poster chick was nice, shame about the film though.

The stunts were nearly as silly as in Die ANother Day.

L

Lester

Originally posted by dysfunction
I think "James Bond" is a code name.

I'm am certain they were thinking of making a bond film a while back with all the previous James Bond actors. But obviously they didnt do it.

Why would a top secret spy use his real name?? This would be very dangerous for him as he could be tracked down.

Well it would be just as daft as using the same code name for 20 missions. Almost as daft in fact as driving an invisible car. Or robbing Fort Knox. Or huge spaceships swallowing other spaceships and taking them to Japan. Or.....blah blah.

Oh and err... Timothy Daltons' two films were quite good IMO. I'd go so far as to say I enjoyed License To Kill more than Tomorrow Never Dies and World Is Not Enough.

T

Trem

James Bond is cack:eek:

Apart from Roger Moore Bond films.

*ducks*

D

dysfunction

No!!!

007 is his licence to kill. Its not a code name...

T

Testin da Cable

no, the '00' is his license to kill :p

edit:// or rather it signifies he has one. or something. heh.

L

Lester

Originally posted by dysfunction
No!!!

007 is his licence to kill. Its not a code name...

:rolleyes:

So in the films each different James Bond has a real name like Bob Smith or something? Pfft

M

Munkey-

00 is the code to kill.

7 denotes he is one of 10 people granted with that right.

or something.

dont quote me on that thou

D

dysfunction

There are 9 "00's" then?

So there isnt a 0010 then?

L

Lester

Originally posted by doh_boy
??

so why was sean bean 006? License to gbh?

and why do they always call him '007'.

http://jmsbond.tripod.com/00agents.html

The 00 is the part of his codename that signifies he has a licence to kill. The 7 is his individual identifier.

You could assume, perhaps, that if an agent was "07" he would be licenced to gbh, and plain "7" would just be allowed to engage in name-calling, pinching and, in extreme circumstances, pillowfighting. "0007" of course would have a licence to "do stuff" to the body afterwards.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom