its nice to see

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
I can confirm being pwned by AD couple of times when they were low rr. I would have like to keep the ss i've taken if I knew they would be of any use.

take Harthai word and play a bard and run fg before you post that ''no such thing as uber skills''

why are you being so stubborn anyway?

Im not being stubborn, just giving my own point of view, much like yourself. I don't think the game requires much skill, very little in fact, and ive stated why in my posts above.

As for losing to AD *shrugs* i never lost to a low RR alb group when playing mid in a fair fight, you see where this is going :m00:

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
StonyPony said:
Didn't you Q U I T making a post about it some time ago?

well every hib wanted to quit in NF at the start :x some dide some came back u fotm shit whole zerger wannabe fucker ! NOW THATS FOOKING FOTM replay

YoungElf

Fledgling Freddie
I just have never really understood why people want to be "ultimate top" of the game, sure I'm not playing the game 24/7 and only to pwn people. Yet I do like winning on situations, but the RP's haven't ever meaned me much... just long as I feel I'm doing something usefull for allies or grippling enemies.

Maybe I'm wierdo tho, playing just for enjoyment and not for stats >_<

Ofcourse I do believe FG vs FG fights are more critical on discipline of single people and how well they work together. Yet I don't see point why it wouldn't be same on with about even sized zergs fighting together. Just that zergs make it challenging to be controlled as you are depended from other peoples doing more and cannot be so sure what enemies can do...

(Ofcourse the numbers can make it pointless just as solo vs fg)

Filip

Fledgling Freddie
it really do surprice me that ppl cant see edeamos point of view.. at least respect that he tried to play both mid and alb for a long period of time

i dont play much nower days but if i log in and get into a good alb group we NEVER loose these days..

for me a good alb group is 1-2 reaver bombers and a BG friar with ST..

i know we win becuase of class's and relic's.... i knew in OF we lost becuase of class's and relic's..

ofcuase skill means a lot .... but class >> skill ... and add relic's RR's etc etc on it and the chance's to win become less and less..

some ask why didnt you take power relic's in OF.... old snowdonia Relic keep was impossible to defend vs a well planed RR..

about the strengths of the alb groups... i seen mates play mid when savage's was king's .. they ran for hours without dieing.. they didnt care about tactic's just move in hit stuff.

on the opposite even though AD killed lots i allso saw them dieing loads and loads while i was standing at ATK trying to make a desent group..

about the zerg thing... main reason of alb zergs has been lack of clerics or sorc's... now in NF the main reason is lack of clerics.. i seen CG's with 30+ albs in and no cleric's AT ALL .....

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
well every hib wanted to quit in NF at the start :x some dide some came back u fotm shit whole zerger wannabe fucker ! NOW THATS FOOKING FOTM replay
Maybe if you calmed down and posted in a coherant way you would make sense and someone may just take you seriously ;)

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Iorlas said:
Maybe if you calmed down and posted in a coherant way you would make sense and someone may just take you seriously ;)

well do i care if some dont take me seriously its a game m8. And what other thinks of me i really dont care about :)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
well do i care if some dont take me seriously its a game m8. And what other thinks of me i really dont care about :)

Fair enuff m8.just you seem to make lotsa post's for someone who doesn't care.Just out of interest .. why call me a newb? I like you don't really give a rats ass what people think of me or call me but i mean, newb come on you can do better if you wanna insult me :p

Ronso

Can't get enough of FH
ah the rvr forums ..where we can fight off the battlefield as well as on ..

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Fun how hibs call every alb a fotm zergling :)
Ask your fellow realm mates, those that also have acces to stealth, what my playstyle is. Untill then keep it shut.

oh and Raven : wasn't an attempt at flaming, just something i remembered at that moment i was reading the marvellous flamewars here.

Harthai

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I would make a decent reply but i found most of the post to be complete rubbish especially the part about albs zerging all the time and thus having low reaction times, so thats why low rr hibs/mids can kill high rr but albs can't. :m00:

so its easier to make this small post rather than disect your "rant".

How is it a rant? you wanted an explanation why your called noob zergers and there it is.Zerg play is completly different from fg fights which actually require quick reaction and smart play.

And yes low reaction is because of zerging.You play confident that youve got about 10 more ppl of the same class backing you up ,so obviously the comfort of that knowledge would make you lazy. Where as hibs and mids rarely zerg,well not as much as albs (daily).But take a zerg of hibs who fg constantly and a zerg of albs who never fg and you're gonna see a wipe.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:
Read it it's not that difficult look up the word Sarcasm.
It's bound to be difficult for most of you to understand because i didn't whine,call anyone names or mention the words Zerg,lammer,skilless or any of the other L33T words you are so adept at using.Bit pointless calling me a newb.
Sorry to confuse you :)

So when did I call you a newb? I asked you to explain becuz I didnt understand what you were trying to say that's all.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Im not being stubborn, just giving my own point of view, much like yourself. I don't think the game requires much skill, very little in fact, and ive stated why in my posts above.

As for losing to AD *shrugs* i never lost to a low RR alb group when playing mid in a fair fight, you see where this is going :m00:

Doesnt that prove my point that AD was better players at that time cuz they beat us and we were higher RR?

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Filip said:
it really do surprice me that ppl cant see edeamos point of view.. at least respect that he tried to play both mid and alb for a long period of time

I see his point of view, and i disagree with him.

Filip said:
i dont play much nower days but if i log in and get into a good alb group we NEVER loose these days..

Your not fighting the old player (the good one that is)

Filip said:
ofcuase skill means a lot .... but class >> skill ... and add relic's RR's etc etc on it and the chance's to win become less and less..

You cant really say class >> skill cuz skill is what makes you good at a certain class but I do agree that class adds up alot.

Filip said:
some ask why didnt you take power relic's in OF.... old snowdonia Relic keep was impossible to defend vs a well planed RR..

You had the numbers you could have taken it back I think its becuz albs didnt care about the relics cuz they got the zerg. or no one was wise enough to plan one.

Filip said:
about the zerg thing... main reason of alb zergs has been lack of clerics or sorc's... now in NF the main reason is lack of clerics.. i seen CG's with 30+ albs in and no cleric's AT ALL .....

That is not hib/Mid fault, and we still have the right to whine about it :p

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
No it doesnt because there are so many other contributing factors, were they all on comms? were you? did they have all ra's up? did you? were they in a balanced setup? were you? were all your artifacts up? were there's? who got the jump on who?

None of the above things i mentioned require any "skill" and yet all of them can be the deciding factor in a Fg fight, you could go deeper into it and start looking at templates and class specs which also make a difference. Don't get me wrong, a little skill is required, but with so many other things contributing to the outcomes of fg vs fg fights i won't accept this game requires alot of skill.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
No it doesnt because there are so many other contributing factors, were they all on comms? were you? did they have all ra's up? did you? were they in a balanced setup? were you? were all your artifacts up? were there's? who got the jump on who?

None of the above things i mentioned require any "skill" and yet all of them can be the deciding factor in a Fg fight, you could go deeper into it and start looking at templates and class specs which also make a difference. Don't get me wrong, a little skill is required, but with so many other things contributing to the outcomes of fg vs fg fights i won't accept this game requires alot of skill.

comms? Dont think they had that many ra to play with even if they were up ours was, was our first run and first encounter.. iirc they had 2x merc paly sorc 2x clerics mincer and last was cabby (i think) we was a 2x druids warden bard bm hero eld and ani. as for arti i dont know. if thiers was up or not. we got the jump.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
Your not fighting the old player (the good one that is)

How would you know? It's arrogant in the extreme to think that people who play now aren't as "good" as previous players. Besides, what is this obsession with having to prove who is a "good" player and who isn't? It's a freaking game. People who are hung up on wittering on about who is good, who sucks, who has great "skills" (in any game, let alone this one) really do look very silly to anyone with an ounce of common. It's such a shame if someone's ego is that in need of a boost they have to big themselves up over a pc game at other people's expense...

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
How would you know? It's arrogant in the extreme to think that people who play now aren't as "good" as previous players. Besides, what is this obsession with having to prove who is a "good" player and who isn't? It's a freaking game. People who are hung up on wittering on about who is good, who sucks, who has great "skills" (in any game, let alone this one) really do look very silly to anyone with an ounce of common. It's such a shame if someone's ego is that in need of a boost they have to big themselves up over a pc game at other people's expense...

any and all games have some degree of competition, be it poker, football, car racing, magic the gathering, or an online computer game like daoc.
would like to see u go to a football forum and talk bout how anyone with "an ounce of common" can see how stupid it is to want to be "skilled" at kicking a ball across a lawn.

poky

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:
any and all games have some degree of competition, be it poker, football, car racing, magic the gathering, or an online computer game like daoc.
would like to see u go to a football forum and talk bout how anyone with "an ounce of common" can see how stupid it is to want to be "skilled" at kicking a ball across a lawn.

Thats one of the most refreshing things I have read on these forums in quite some time ;)

Fana

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:

Actually, ive never understood why this skill is so important :D

Warlock

Fledgling Freddie
AngelHeal said:
you are good if u have beaten the enemy, uve outnumberd em so your tactics to place your men were better...
you fault that u haven't brought enough people...:p
This goes to my signature.
Priceless.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:

You can't see the difference between the skill (not to mention importance) required in a professional sport like motor racing or football and a computer game (especially one like DAOC)? :eek7:

As for something like poker - if it's a game where thousands of pounds are at stake then damn right I'd expect people to take it seriously. But this is a game where nothing is at stake except a few pixels.

I'm sure you're an intelligent enough chap, which is why I'm surprised you don't understand the difference...

A point I will agree on though is that if someone from some insignificant Sunday pub team acted as if he was better than others just because he was top scorer in the Gloucestershire Banks's Mild League then it would be equally contemptible.

Nothing wrong with being competitive, everything wrong with getting a game out of context...

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
poky said:
Thats one of the most refreshing things I have read on these forums in quite some time ;)

I remember rvn making some such point a while back. It made me laugh in a "how sweet he really believes that" way then too...

gwal

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
You can't see the difference between the skill (not to mention importance) required in a professional sport like motor racing or football and a computer game (especially one like DAOC)? :eek7:

As for something like poker - if it's a game where thousands of pounds are at stake then damn right I'd expect people to take it seriously. But this is a game where nothing is at stake except a few pixels.

I'm sure you're an intelligent enough chap, which is why I'm surprised you don't understand the difference...

A point I will agree on though is that if someone from some insignificant Sunday pub team acted as if he was better than others just because he was top scorer in the Gloucestershire Banks's Mild League then it would be equally contemptible.

Nothing wrong with being competitive, everything wrong with getting a game out of context...

i know the difference I place, yeah... but who am i to decide whats right and wrong for others.

and who are YOU to decide it. if you are as intelligent as you expect me to be, then id assume you to know, that not everyone cares about money - but everyone cares bout competition (more or less anyways).

i played magic the gathering for quite a while, and took it rather seriously... simply cause i wanted to be amongst the best, as did a lot of other ppl i know, and have seen. there was some money involved, but only for the very best, most tournaments only had some cards to be won.
where does this rank in your system? was i contemptible when i discussed strategies, opponents, and tech, even tho there was only a few pieces of cardboard to be won - or was it ok, cause there was a slight chance id make it to the money?

and what about the millionaire that plays.. whatever... baseball. can he act like he is better than others if he rly is, or cant he take it seriously cause theres nothing at stake for him, except money which he has plenty of alrdy?

Gordonax

Fledgling Freddie
Vodkafairy said:
well in general its just taking advantage, hib nor mid can insta-summon enough people for a keepraid

IF that's true then things have changed a lot in the couple of weeks I've been offline. Before they lost the relics, Mids regularly brought 50-60 to retake towers and/or keeps.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Mids had 60+ in the bold tower they were camping after midnight last night when they put a hole in bold

Votan

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Mids had 60+ in the bold tower they were camping after midnight last night when they put a hole in bold

Come back once we get heretics please ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom