its nice to see

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
Edaemos said:
I do disagree, DAOC is mainly knowledge, preperation, realm rank and getting the correct classes in your group to get the most from it. Imho rvr requires very little skill, not even in the same leaue as old UO pvp.

well it demand some kind of skill. not heavy much , but u also need to know what do to in any given situtation , how to solve it best in the team. Without thinking so much :p

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
why did u stop when savages was OP ? did they kill u too much ? werent skilled enough ?

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
it was a norwegian guild in the start :p with dohhh ,tusk , bitteliten and some others :p

Aye maybe so :) but like i said at the time i played middy they weren't about, the big guilds in hib at that time were LA/VGN :)

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
why did u stop when savages was OP ? did they kill u too much ? werent skilled enough ?

I was a middy when i stopped playing, multiple things caused me to quit, but mainly it was i grew very bored of the mtk>mmg>amg>atk rinse and repeat runs, savaages being very overpowered and DAOC in general.

Funnily enough i remember you hibs saying you were all boycotting rvr because of pre nerf zerkers and savages ruining rvr ( i clearly remember Novamirs whine posts about how LA/Savages were killing rvr and how you were all not rvring as much), guess it was the skillz of the mids right? :m00:

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Since you become a better player if you play more, there has to be some kind of skill involved. If you buy this game for a friend and pl him a mincer to lvl 50, and equip it with SI-equipment for him, then tell him to rvr, you cant possibly believe the only thing thats different between him and Alpha for example is that Alpha is higher RR and has better equipment. Or what is your definition of "skill"?

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
Since you become a better player if you play more, there has to be some kind of skill involved. If you buy this game for a friend and pl him a mincer to lvl 50, and equip it with SI-equipment for him, then tell him to rvr, you cant possibly believe the only thing thats different between him and Alpha for example is that Alpha is higher RR and has better equipment. Or what is your definition of "skill"?

Of course not because he won't have the knowledge/RR/Equipment, like i said there is a small element of skill involved but RR/equipment/relics/preperation/comms/luck/game knowledge all play a bigger part imho.

Not been answered yet but why pre NF were albs on almost every server in the US and europe called clueless zergers by hibs and mids?

Also how many low rr 1-4 alb groups beat high RR mid/hib groups? can't recall one myself, yet i can recall low rr hib/mid groups beating higher RR alb groups.

noaim

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Of course not because he won't have the knowledge/RR/Equipment, like i said there is a small element of skill involved but RR/equipment/relics/preperation/comms/luck/game knowledge all play a bigger part imho.

Not been answered yet but why pre NF were albs on almost every server in the US and europe called clueless zergers by hibs and mids?

Also how many low rr 1-4 alb groups beat high RR mid/hib groups? can't recall one myself, yet i can recall low rr hib/mid groups beating higher RR alb groups.

I think AD did pretty well on lower rr too, I didnt rvr alot back then tho, so please correct me if I am wrong. I am however pretty sure they did well when most other albs said all alb-classes sucks and albs cant make a competetive fg because they need too many classes.

I didnt post to argue about if alb-classes are gimped tho, I just wanted to point out that there is alot of skill involved aswell, at least imo and by my definition of skill.

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
some mod close this thread plz. Edaemos is posting to much, i need him ingame to fight hib stealthzerg

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
noaim said:
I think AD did pretty well on lower lvl too, I didnt rvr alot back then tho, so please correct me if I am wrong.

No idea myself mate.

Harthai

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:

RA's play a big role,but nothing close to the role skills play.
And what do you mean by preparation? Resist buffs?And what is luck ? Only luck ive seen is on last blow( either you parry/misses/evades)so im sure you didnt mean that.

Because they have the highest population and they love to show it.Mids/Hibs can zerg,just because we have low population doesn't mean we can't. Yesterday must have been the most hibs ive ever seen in DL still i didn't see all of them moving out all together, I ran in a fg, so did many others.And today i saw a mid zerg.Zerg's arent hard to form.

It's imposible because all of them lack the SKILL to play not because of low RR ,as you stated hibs/mids can kill high RR's.But because they're zerging all the time and have the comfort of having low reaction times (when healing and such) because they have about 200 other people who will stomp the enemy down before they ever become a threat.

Skill is a huge factor.Play a bard and then tell me skill dont matter.Around 95% of an fg winning is dependent on the bards play.Mezz and End song aren't the only things they do its only the most common ones.

Why dont albs just stop zerging.Before they said they had no relics so they were weak and couldn't get kills, well now they have 5/6 so theres no need to zerg.I actually want to fight fg vs fg with albs.

Calo

Part of the furniture
only thing i remember from morphene that he was 1 big scammer and that it was 1 big ugly fuckhead who had no sense for humor at all.

perhaps sold your acc or so ?

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Calo said:
only thing i remember from morphene that he was 1 big scammer and that it was 1 big ugly fuckhead who had no sense for humor at all.

perhaps sold your acc or so ?

I believe that was the 3rd owner of the acc (the guy i sold it to traded it i think then last i heard it had about 8 owners), as the one of the owners had it reclaimed on him, the actual scammer was a guy who used owned the morkai account after fatbelly sold it. Can't remember his name on Fh though unfortunately :(

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Harthai said:

I would make a decent reply but i found most of the post to be complete rubbish especially the part about albs zerging all the time and thus having low reaction times, so thats why low rr hibs/mids can kill high rr but albs can't. :m00:

so its easier to make this small post rather than disect your "rant".

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Harthai said:
RA's play a big role,but nothing close to the role skills play.
And what do you mean by preparation? Resist buffs?And what is luck ? Only luck ive seen is on last blow( either you parry/misses/evades)so im sure you didnt mean that.

Because they have the highest population and they love to show it.Mids/Hibs can zerg,just because we have low population doesn't mean we can't. Yesterday must have been the most hibs ive ever seen in DL still i didn't see all of them moving out all together, I ran in a fg, so did many others.And today i saw a mid zerg.Zerg's arent hard to form.

It's imposible because all of them lack the SKILL to play not because of low RR ,as you stated hibs/mids can kill high RR's.But because they're zerging all the time and have the comfort of having low reaction times (when healing and such) because they have about 200 other people who will stomp the enemy down before they ever become a threat.

Skill is a huge factor.Play a bard and then tell me skill dont matter.Around 95% of an fg winning is dependent on the bards play.Mezz and End song aren't the only things they do its only the most common ones.

Why dont albs just stop zerging.Before they said they had no relics so they were weak and couldn't get kills, well now they have 5/6 so theres no need to zerg.I actually want to fight fg vs fg with albs.

lol... i love me, i rock.. :worthy:

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
bring your zerg to hib and get smacked back to alb, i blame GP and power relics tbh

Mithradir

Loyal Freddie
I would give anything to see albs underpopulated. Lots of enemies and masive rps :clap:

Gp was evil.It is nice that it has been removed.

Hestethun

Can't get enough of FH
tbh I dont want it , reason its so many high rrs in hib and mid is cuz of albs xD the zerg is rps giving xD

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
tbh I dont want it , reason its so many high rrs in hib and mid is cuz of albs xD the zerg is rps giving xD

omg heste! take that back!!!

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
I would make a decent reply but i found most of the post to be complete rubbish especially the part about albs zerging all the time and thus having low reaction times, so thats why low rr hibs/mids can kill high rr but albs can't. :m00:

so its easier to make this small post rather than disect your "rant".

I can confirm being pwned by AD couple of times when they were low rr. I would have like to keep the ss i've taken if I knew they would be of any use.

take Harthai word and play a bard and run fg before you post that ''no such thing as uber skills''

why are you being so stubborn anyway?

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Hestethun said:
uff another alb newb say he rox :eek6:

O dear i'm so upset to be called a newb,your so hurtfull.
Try to understand the context in which i replied b4 trying to be so clever.

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Iorlas said:
O dear i'm so upset to be called a newb,your so hurtfull.
Try to understand the context in which i replied b4 trying to be so clever.

Care to explain the ''context'' ? :)

Iorlas

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
Care to explain the ''context'' ? :)
Read it it's not that difficult look up the word Sarcasm.
It's bound to be difficult for most of you to understand because i didn't whine,call anyone names or mention the words Zerg,lammer,skilless or any of the other L33T words you are so adept at using.Bit pointless calling me a newb.
Sorry to confuse you :)

StonyPony

Fledgling Freddie
Raven said:
bring your zerg to hib and get smacked back to alb, i blame GP and power relics tbh
Didn't you Q U I T making a post about it some time ago?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
StonyPony said:
Didn't you Q U I T making a post about it some time ago?

thats a really poor attempt at a flame tbh :(
Yes i did quit but looking through old screen shots of me actually enjoying myself in-game made me come back, not that i need to explain myself to a "lol" scout.

Skilgannon

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
And If Its true that this game require little skill to perform good why are there so few that have done well while rest havnt?

If, hypothetically, a bunch of Guild Officers bought a spare account and rolled a toon to be a speed bot, lets say Skald for example, and they then RvR'd with that Skald on /stick to different officers 24/7.

If that uber Skald happened to become the world's first RR10 how skillful would that bot be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom