its nice to see

Vodkafairy

Fledgling Freddie
Gordonax said:
IF that's true then things have changed a lot in the couple of weeks I've been offline. Before they lost the relics, Mids regularly brought 50-60 to retake towers and/or keeps.

well yeah it has changed, take ages before you get those numbers

RaiztliN

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:
i know the difference I place, yeah... but who am i to decide whats right and wrong for others.

and who are YOU to decide it. if you are as intelligent as you expect me to be, then id assume you to know, that not everyone cares about money - but everyone cares bout competition (more or less anyways).

i played magic the gathering for quite a while, and took it rather seriously... simply cause i wanted to be amongst the best, as did a lot of other ppl i know, and have seen. there was some money involved, but only for the very best, most tournaments only had some cards to be won.
where does this rank in your system? was i contemptible when i discussed strategies, opponents, and tech, even tho there was only a few pieces of cardboard to be won - or was it ok, cause there was a slight chance id make it to the money?

and what about the millionaire that plays.. whatever... baseball. can he act like he is better than others if he rly is, or cant he take it seriously cause theres nothing at stake for him, except money which he has plenty of alrdy?

Totally agreed gwal, played mtg aswell and i know that there's alot of skill involved there :)

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
Edaemos said:
Mids had 60+ in the bold tower they were camping after midnight last night when they put a hole in bold

60? are u absolutely sure about that number? If so I'm really amased :D

But that was maybe 1 hour in to the battle, after that the numbers decreased steadily.

Edaemos

Fledgling Freddie
Phule_Gubben said:
60? are u absolutely sure about that number? If so I'm really amased :D

But that was maybe 1 hour in to the battle, after that the numbers decreased steadily.

Yes mate, members of the guild who held the tower said in CG.

Phule_Gubben

Fledgling Freddie
sweet. most numbers of mid in the same place for a loooooooooooooooooooooooooong time then, too bad we didn't have that much siege with us when we opened up the doors. Would have been great fun with 10 trebs from the start and that numbers of mids right away.

Then we would have opened up a hole faster and moved inside.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
gwal said:
i know the difference I place, yeah... but who am i to decide whats right and wrong for others.

and who are YOU to decide it. if you are as intelligent as you expect me to be, then id assume you to know, that not everyone cares about money - but everyone cares bout competition (more or less anyways).

i played magic the gathering for quite a while, and took it rather seriously... simply cause i wanted to be amongst the best, as did a lot of other ppl i know, and have seen. there was some money involved, but only for the very best, most tournaments only had some cards to be won.
where does this rank in your system? was i contemptible when i discussed strategies, opponents, and tech, even tho there was only a few pieces of cardboard to be won - or was it ok, cause there was a slight chance id make it to the money?

and what about the millionaire that plays.. whatever... baseball. can he act like he is better than others if he rly is, or cant he take it seriously cause theres nothing at stake for him, except money which he has plenty of alrdy?

I haven't decided anything for anyone. My original post which you picked up on was about the arrogance of belittling current players compared to previous players and how silly it is be obsessed with proving who are the "best" players simply because it usually doesn't stop there, it usually goes hand in hand with putting down other people. Nothing about people shouldn't do it, everything about how I view that mentality. I have never said people should or shouldn't be competitive, and I've never commented on how people choose to play the game. I comment about how people treat/talk about others. Huge difference.

As far as I'm concerned it's very simple. Nothing wrong with being competitive in this game (though don't for one minute try and compare it to professional sport...). Everything wrong with bitching at or treating people badly according to how they play it (which is what my original post stemmed from). All this shit about who sucks, who zergs, who adds etc etc...it's bollox. That crap has nothing to do with discussing tactics or saying someone plays well - it's way beyond any reasonable line and it comes from getting this game completely out of context. Any sensible person would understand that, and would also understand that the principle applies in any walk of life.

Comos

Loyal Freddie
Harthai said:
lol ,powerful classes? forget the sorc for a sec did you?

Best ToA items? forget that albs have the highest numbers therefore they can easily get any toa item just by doing a quick /who 50 and asking?

Practice as a full group? you got zergs...which most albs might not realise but is just a number of fg's together who are too afraid to roam too far away from zerg?

Who's good? Hibs are good ,Mids are good
Who's not? The rest...

Let's see you take it then.

you're hilarious, really...

Eemma

Fledgling Freddie
Bracken said:
I haven't decided anything for anyone. My original post which you picked up on was about the arrogance of belittling current players compared to previous players and how silly it is be obsessed with proving who are the "best" players simply because it usually doesn't stop there

What's so silly trying to prove my point of view? It has nothing to do with ''obsesses'' I'm simply bored when im on FH so why not just post my opinion? be it lame or not.

Bracken

Fledgling Freddie
Eemma said:
What's so silly trying to prove my point of view? It has nothing to do with ''obsesses'' I'm simply bored when im on FH so why not just post my opinion? be it lame or not.

Quote the rest of the sentence and you'll have why. :p

Rhayn

Loyal Freddie
Originally Posted by Bracken
All this shit about who sucks, who zergs, who adds etc etc...it's bollox. That crap has nothing to do with discussing tactics or saying someone plays well - it's way beyond any reasonable line and it comes from getting this game completely out of context. Any sensible person would understand that, and would also understand that the principle applies in any walk of life.

So true.
Its called generalizing. Stupid/ignorant people use it alot. I'm starting to think of DaoC as an interesting sociological experiment really.

But then again, we are at war. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom