Ithil Galad - How to win friends and influence people.

M

Mirhen Morkir

First of all, this post is not an attack on Ithil Galad as a whole, just on three people involved, Tarakiwa, Synbios, and Lavelle.

This evening i went to the music grove, and there was nobody there, great i thought. A few minutes later Tarakiwa arrives, and claims it's his spot, I said that it couldn't be his spot as he wasn't there, but he said it was his spot cos he had just gone to sell.

Anyway I tried talking to Lavelle his GL, and basically she told me it was his spot as he had only gone to town to sell. Next thing another IG turns up and they group to kill the named mobs.

Finally i tried to talk to Lavelle again to sort thing out, and this is what i got :/

[17:54:40] @@You send, "can we sort something out, this is silly ?" to Lavelle
[17:54:59] @@Lavelle sends, "no "
[17:55:25] @@You send, "there are 3 ig here trying to prove a point, and the sad thing is they are all wrong" to Lavelle
[17:55:59] @@You send, "if i was here and nobody from IG was here, then how can it be Tara's right to claim the spot ?" to Lavelle
[17:55:59] @@Lavelle sends, "imo your wrong now goodbye ?"
[17:56:33] @@You send, "lavelle i used to think you where a good person, just proves how wrong i was" to Lavelle
[17:56:41] @@Lavelle sends, "lol dont give me that crap"
[17:56:52] @@Lavelle sends, "he was there and went to sell what he farmed"
[17:56:59] Tarakiwa slaps Synbios!
[17:57:09] Tarakiwa casts a spell!
[17:57:09] @@Lavelle sends, "please stop bothering me im sick ofit now"
[17:57:12] Tarakiwa casts a spell!
[17:57:12] Tarakiwa's skin takes on a greenish hue.
[17:57:12] @@You send, "if he went to sell he wasn't here was he ?" to Lavelle
[17:57:14] Tarakiwa casts a spell!
[17:57:38] @@Lavelle sends, "whats your problem ?"
[17:57:47] @@The trees of the grove suddenly scream in pain and then are silent.
[17:58:10] @@You send, "erm i was here yet they kick me out of the spot" to Lavelle
[17:58:23] @@Lavelle sends, "he was there first please stop this bull>hp3"
[17:58:31] @@Lavelle sends, "your talking crap and you know it"
[17:58:55] @@You send, "you are a sad pathetic individual you know what" to Lavelle
[17:59:12] @@Lavelle sends, "youve made it to my ignore list congratulations :)"

Now forgive me if I am wrong on this, but if he was not there when i got there, then I was there before he got there, and how can he and his guild mates claim the spot. It's not so bad that they claimed the spot but getting 3 IG people in the end there to make sure I could not camp the spot is pathetic to say the least.

O

old.Xanthian

Hmmm doesnt seem like the old Lavelle I knew from CBH..

:(

V

vipr

Imo (for wat its worth) it seems to be a common situation that pops in the game. However why make another potential whine and flame issue outta something that seems little more than a minor debate between 2 ppl. There will always be plenty of opportunities to farm mobs, etc.

I ve been with a few guilds and i gotta say that IG is one of the most pro active and player friendly guilds around.

Why not try to reslove the issue in game, rather than post it on BW.Im sure your find that IG members are open to discussion.

M

Mirhen Morkir

I did try to resolve it in Game, Lavelle is a Ithil Galad guild leader, and I might as well have not wasted my time trying to tolk to him.

N

Nadhia

Tarakiwa was hunting at the music grove. He went to sell things from his inventory at aalid feie.. then comes back and your here.. claiming its your spot. You tell me to sort this but i think he has the right to be there ?

P.S. why do you try to ruin everything IG does
still our old CBH problems bothering you ?

please let it go its over

O

old.Xanthian

If Tarakiwa leaves the spot then its not his anymore.
End of story.

M

Mirhen Morkir

Nah lavelle the problem is the arrogance of you and Tarakiwa and Synbios.

I could quite easily say that it's my spot because i was there before him this morning before I went to work, but I'm not that stupid to suggest it. anyway take a look at the screen shot, you left me no option but to post here.

Can't say I didn't try.

O

old.Icebreaker

Yeh, if he leaves this spot then it isn't his spot anymore :)

Easy

Get a Guild mate to pick of stuff from you or something..

------------------------------
Icebreaker <Celtic Fist>

O

old.Xanthian

Bring on 1.59 when they remove the drops from these mobs to some purple con ones near to Tur Suil.

At least people can get on with quests without having to wait 4 hours for someone to bugger off.

O

old.Thalion

Drops/good loot always show the bad side of some people

R

real_forever

First post since I'm back playing the game, just to say that I think this discussion is stupid. It doesnt matter who's wrong or right here. Just let it go.

Try to put this in perspective of things. These things happen every day, no need to put it on this forum.

Cheers,
For

G

Gahldir

well, I agree you shouldn't leave the spot. since ppl are rather greedy they wont let you go afk 5 mins or sell loot etc, that's mainly why tbh. to bad that niether of the four ppl involved could be the bigger man and drop it.

A

alme

hmm i wasnt there so cant say whos wrong or right.. but it aint that fecking big deal. But to go and post it here is both meaningless and sad.. No problems get solved on bw and u know it. This thread is for nothing else than throwing shit at ppl.

M

Mirhen Morkir

No problems get solved on bw and u know it.

Yes I agree, but after trying to sort it out with Lavelle, and getting absolutely nowhere, I felt really i had no option other than to let other Hibs know about the situation and let them decide. This post is not about trying to resolve the problem, it's more about naming Tarakiwa and Synbios as out and out griefers, and to point out that if people have any problems with IG then not to bother contacting Lavelle as he doesn't care about anyone other than himself and his friends.

If on the other hand Lavelle had actually been reasonable, or if Temperance had been online (as I have the greatest respect for her) I would have not posted this here.

A

Aironima

hmm..

So when I get into a minor dispute with someone I tell everyone about it here and also name guilds etc ?

This is how ppl on BW will look at at:
They see whine... and they see guild name.

Afaik this is a chance for u to hang out 2 great guys AND the guild. Which I think is really sad.

On the minor incident... when Tarakiwas backpack is full... he automaticly looses his spot?

Please drop this and sort it out in game.

N

Nemue

This is a matter that cannot be resolved, ingame or here, since everyone has a different view on the matter at hand.

some say u lose the spot when u move from it, other say u don't, and who is more correct?

IMO opinion the best way would have been to resolve it with a coppertoss. (altho i doubt IG would have aaccepted that, judging by their attitude in the logs)

O

old.Xanthian

When/If I ever get that spot (not very often), and someone else turns up, I ask them if they would like to take it in turns to kill the mobs.
Why couldnt you have come to some kind of mutual agreement instead of being gold happy loot whores?

Things like this make our realm fall apart, no wonder where doing so shit in rvr atm. No1 wants to help realm mates.
Seems as it everyman for himself atm.

D

-Dreama-

I felt really i had no option other than to let other Hibs know about the situation and let them decide.

OR you could have been an adult and let it.
Don't say you had no other option that to come on BW and -try- to shame IG. You did. You chose not to take that option and instead create yet even MORE drama. By doing this you don't make ppl think bad of IG, but rather of you. I have never met you or seen you in game but by posting this dribble on BW you've given me the frist impression of a trouble maker. I can only assume you give that impression to others.

I'm not Saying Kiwa was right or wrong, or that you were right or wrong, it's not for me to decide, or ANYONE else on BW. All I'm saying is that you only hurt your own reputation by nameing and shameing over something so trival and idiotic.

N

-Nuked-

if mirhen was there at the time, and saw tarak leave and come back 5mins later, then imo mirhen was in the wrong and should give the spot back, BUT if he didnt see anyone there when he arrived then how can tarak claim the spot .. as for lavelle sorting anything out as a GM i wouldnt waste your time. - i had similar problems with an IG member after a legion raid and i got the same attitude! :rolleyes: dont know what you thought you may gain by putting this on BW but i do feel for you as i have had the same attitudes thrown in my face. the situation may be over but how much longer till another person has the same problem! take what i have said howeva u wish just an opinion

flame on peeps

M

Mirhen Morkir

Don't say you had no other option that to come on BW and -try- to shame IG.

Please read my first post on this thread, I am not having a go at IG, only three people who are in IG. As I said before I will say again :

First of all, this post is not an attack on Ithil Galad as a whole, just on three people involved, Tarakiwa, Synbios, and Lavelle.

G

Gahldir

Originally posted by Mirhen Morkir
Please read my first post on this thread, I am not having a go at IG, only three people who are in IG. As I said before I will say again :

well, the topic you chosed kinda tells the oposite.

E

elerand

It's all a load of fanny!

I've passed that spot doing the quest, three times now and each time it's camped by people, I politely ask if they mind me doing the quest, once someone whined that they would have to wait AGAIN for the mob to spawn but like I said at the time, it's a quest mob and really it shouldn't drop anything cept cash, was bound to cause a problem.

As someone said, 4 people could have let this go but didn't, seeing as the drops are mostly salvage it's no major loss, I found some other spots almost untouched that prove to be just as fruitful and I don't have to (and won't) fight with anyone over it.

S

Sleet

it is a multiplayer game :/

share and share alike and all that

S

StormriderX

The thread title sounds like a crappy self help book.

Btw Leave taragimpa alone mk?

I

inuyasha

Mirhen Morkir

s-t-o-p w-h-i-n-i-n-g....

Lavelle did nothing wrong at all, its not a guild buis, its a bagatell and not worth wasting any energy on. Its a matter between you and them, your answer is as good as theirs so why in the aaaaages should IGs guild leading interfer? You dont have a clue how many wierd things people can whine about, and its no wonder she more or less ignored you.

I have leveled more or less solo to 50 in days where drops counted, so i know both the sides in your "conflict"...it can always be sorted out with ingame chat, or you could simply switch place. After Lavelle said it, they had been there before you, you could either agree with them, start kill stealing or get lost. At least i take the hint once its proven someone was there before...rather then whining about it here.

Come back when someone "steal" your galedonia drop hammer from the lotto or put you behind on the fins lists case your a nightshade or something like that... :D

S

Spamb0t

oi if he had to leave to sell beacuse his backpack was full he had apparently been there for quite some time right?
TIME FOR SOMEONE ELSES TURN THEN ANYWAYS.

A

Arakiel

Why cant we all be friends and hate other things instead , like mids and albs ?

C

Cloak_

.........and who wudve got done for griefing?

Mirhen turns up to a seemingly empty spot and starts to pull mobs,,
3 others show and and tell him its thier spot and start pulling mobs,,

Whose in the wrong?

Tara`s bags are full and he knows its a quick trip to town to sell,,
He gets back to the spot less than 5 mins later to find some1 pulling mobs unwilling to move from a spot hed been at for quite a few hours,,

Now whose wrong?

ITS A GAME FFS :rolleyes:

Users who are viewing this thread