Is this what society has come to?

Wij

I am a FH squatter
What's an "AMAB"?

I'm also confused about how they're getting banned? Are they complaining about all the dicks? Or putting "no meat and two veg please?" in their profile?
The latter. Or the bearded women are complaining that they are being rejected by transphobes.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
The latter. Or the bearded women are complaining that they are being rejected by transphobes.

I can't believe a dating app would have a prayer of banning people on the basis of rejection without reasons; 99% of the people one sees (from distant memory) you reject without a second thought. It seems far more likely that women are being banned because they make a point of saying why, and the lesson we all know, is never say why.

Look, I completely agree with these women, they shouldn't have to put up with blokes in dresses pretending they're lesbians (even saying that is fucking mind-boggling), but the minute they kick off about it they're putting the dating site on the hate speech hook, so the site has very little choice other than sanction, because the world is mad.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
That.

The "no" they give needs to be no other reason than "I don't fancy you" or "I don't feel that way about you". Any other reason is a bit mean tbh.

When I've been turned down by the ladies, or turned ladies down (a significantly rarer occurance) that's the answer given. You know that more detail is just digging for pain.

Women who have a pop at weirdo's in beards who want to call themselves lesbians and date women should know better. If they're getting into an argument with these people then the only outcome is that they're going to hurt feelings - and they know that, but will be doing it anyway. Deliberately.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
'Assigned'. They use such weasel language. Like the midwife just arbitrarily picked a sex.

Yoni

Cockb@dger / Klotehommel www.lhw.photography
Re the examples given above..... as openly bi I do not find any of them attractive .... nothing to do with them identifying as woment they all look like they need a good bath or shower oO

Embattle

FH is my second home
I'm openly uninterested in the whole subject matter, taking offence seems to of become a profession.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Re the examples given above..... as openly bi I do not find any of them attractive .... nothing to do with them identifying as woment they all look like they need a good bath or shower oO
I suspect that the woman who put the post together is a horrible cow tbh. She's taken the time to scroll through whatever app she's on and find fugly men, create a montage then wang it up on twitter.

Takes some hate to be motivated to do that shit tbh.

Embattle

FH is my second home
Lets face it quite a lot of these people are cunts, and you don't need one to be one so it is universal and gender neutral.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Yes. Humanists who believe in gender thetans. Whoda thunk it?

In fairness I have always found Humanists to be just as dogmatic as any other religion, despite their cuddly sounding name.

This is generally batshit however, considering he asked a question, rather than making a statement.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
I prefer plain old atheism. I don't need to frame it any way other than 'I don't believe in any of your voodoo'.

Obviously this means I don't believe in any kind of soul or 'true self'.

/edit: I think South Park made the point when Gerald decided he was a dolphin.

Bob007

Prince Among Men
wtf is dead naming?
So Raven, lets say you change your name to Hamster due to reason that isn't important, you have chosen to do that and it is your choice.

So Hamster, let say someone calls you by your old (dead) name of Raven, weather by accident of not knowing you had changed your name, or on purpose to get a reaction out of you.

Thats dead naming.

:)

Raven

Happy Shopper Ray Mears
FH Subscriber
Sounds like stupid twitter shit to me.

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
Sounds like stupid twitter shit to me.
Not sure about that. I'm definitely something of a TERF but if someone has transitioned and wants you to call them by their new name, there is no reason to not do so, and it would be a bit of a shite thing to do if you didn't. If someone changed their name by deed poll would you continue to use their old name against their will? Obviously not. Although I'm sure the twitter mob wouldn't get as outraged about it.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
No, I mean I doubt it actually happens in the real world.

Yeah and nah, there's a couple of trans kids at my school and I always get their name wrong (I'm shit at names anyway) it's never intentional and they never really kick up a fuss about it, I have seen teachers say 'girls' or something and realise one of the trans kids is there and then they make a big fuss about how they're sorry they got it wrong etc.

I guess that's the thing - the vast majority of trans people out there just wanna get on with life and not have huge publicity over a large part of their identity.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, I mean I doubt it actually happens in the real world.
You won't do it. It'd be cunty.

But some people will do it. Deliberately. Because = cunt.

But I wouldn't criminalise people for being cunts. I'd just call them cunts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom