Is it me or?

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Gamah said:
apart from when I SAW it happen two nights ago ~~

OK, except both our clerics are on holiday and one of our sorcs has gone, plus the other sorc and me havent been on apart from scroll farming, waiting till kair and killer get back till we "try" to rvr again as you put it. Not that im saying you're a liar...

Edit: I've been in a duo with ino for a bit 2 nights ago, but not fg rvr

Oysterboy

Fledgling Freddie
Brite said:

instead of rolling a group class and learning how to play it good and get it good items, you piss about rolling scouts, and that is why you will never be successful

I like to play scout...

Sure, I can rarely solo anything, and apparently most non-scouts hates/dislikes me... but it's fun anyway imo.

icon10.gif

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
scarloc said:
Yeah its true, hard to get all the classes we need atm :) plus if ones available, chances are they wont be a very high rr. Still get some good groups out though occasionally, roll on cluster for more people :)

i heard 6 month ago there was only 2 friar decent in whole excal, seems the ppl prefer to play scouts/ mincers/sorcs in all the servers instead of roll friars :/

scarloc

Fledgling Freddie
Yip, Ouroborous (sp) and one we had for a while, Capricorn.. Thowen plays his well too tho, but has only been ML8 for a small time. There seem to be a few getting PL'd now so can but hope :< Problem is not only the right chars but a decent rr and MLs aswell.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
JJuraa said:
is this all because we formed a "wtfelitist" rvr guild?
Wouldn't a guild have to be good, or at least last over a week, in order to be elitist tho?

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Straef said:
Wouldn't a guild have to be good, or at least last over a week, in order to be elitist tho?

nah, tis all about attitude, im a real elitist so im telling you:

Fuck you and suck my dick motherfucker!!! Goddamn warderzerger, dont add on fights ffs.

see? Aint so hard. ;)

/hug

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Xxcalibur said:
i heard 6 month ago there was only 2 friar decent in whole excal, seems the ppl prefer to play scouts/ mincers/sorcs in all the servers instead of roll friars :/

same goes for wardens in hibernia though, like 2-3 active :p

Pudzy

Can't get enough of FH
Game isnt balanced, never has been.

And theres always time for roleplay, Septina is learning to roleplay from Pelinore I think. PM them for more info!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Shike said:

Fuck you and suck my dick motherfucker!!! Goddamn warderzerger, dont add on fights ffs.

see? Aint so hard. ;)

/hug

j00 sux0r i r0x0r the b0x0r!. Etc.

Last time i'll use '0' in a post, too :p

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
j00 sux0r i r0x0r the b0x0r!. Etc.

Last time i'll use '0' in a post, too :p

damn, you are so elite tbh! :)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Shike said:
damn, you are so elite tbh! :)

Fo!. Noob!. You can't talk to me as i am higher up in the daoc society than thou!. Be gone peasant boy!.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
Dorin said:
same goes for wardens in hibernia though, like 2-3 active :p

maybe atm few active , but i always see wardens in fixed grps or semi fixed grps, i can count at least more than 10 wardens ml8that i can remember ^^

Takitothemacs

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Dont agree with everything gamah said, but tbh he's right about one thing that hib has that alb doesnt on the whole - a very strong sense of community thats been largely generated especially amongst the old guard of players from being the underdogs for a long time.

Not one to jump up and down... but Im glad to be part of the old guard... and yes Hib/Pryd does have a good community... oops scratch that... excellent community that I am so proud to be a part of... not had the experience of alb/mid pryd to comment on their communities so I wont.

Crookshanks

Fledgling Freddie
A good part of the Albion "problem" stems from its classes utility spread. Optimal group set ups in Midgard and Hibernia are significantly easier to form - Druid Druid Bard Warden + 4 others for Hibernia and Healer Healer Shaman Skald? + 4 others for Midgard.

For Albion, the core is 2 clerics and a sorc. Then add a Minstrel for a bit of speed/SoS. Don't forget the Theur for interupts, oh and a cabalist for nearsight. Better put a friar in for the resists and BG. Which leaves one "random" slot.

So in Albion - if you havn't chosen to invest months of effort getting a fotm this-week-only-group-friendly-char, you are unlikely to be invited into "optimal" groups - which as Xxcalibur pointed out above is what is needed to stand a chance of defeating the multiple high realm rank mid's and hib's groups running about. Then we get a patch, the game changes from castalot to tankalot (or vice versa). The cores of the Hibernia and Midgard groups remain largely the same - Albion is left throwing out a lot of classes to replace with a solid tank frontline. The problem is - these removed classes were each providing a useful skill which is now lacking.

Net result? Well I think a lot of Albs get fed up with the constant changing of needed characters. Most people enjoy playing their "mains", which by definition is a class the person plays the most, a class they enjoy and have grown attached to over the years. Yet a "main" which is useful this week is likely a class which there isn't a space for in next weeks opted group - Albions get disillusioned and roll/stick with classes they can solo with - eg. stealthers. The has a snowball effect - suddenly the largest population realm hasn't got many key played classes, (theurs and friars currently I'd say), so people fail to form properly opted groups, get beaten repeatedly, log on their stealther alts etc etc.

To summarise - I agree with whats been posted above that Albion as a realm on paper has all the abilites to put together competitive groups. In practice - on Prydwen at least we struggle to put together competitive groups, due in part I believe to the spread of class utility.

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Crookshanks said:
A good part of the Albion "problem" stems from its classes utility spread. Optimal group set ups in Midgard and Hibernia are significantly easier to form - Druid Druid Bard Warden + 4 others for Hibernia and Healer Healer Shaman Skald? + 4 others for Midgard.

basically you need the same stuff for all realms, cant really understand why is it easier to get 2 druids bard warden than 2 clerics sorceror theurgist or 2-3 healers shaman and sm... it comes down to the realm and its player base, albion prydwen had the biggest stealther population for a long time (%percentage of the population).... Blame the 34th scout-infil-mincer for leaving your realm without visible (opted?!) classes.

Crookshanks said:
For Albion, the core is 2 clerics and a sorc. Then add a Minstrel for a bit of speed/SoS. Don't forget the Theur for interupts, oh and a cabalist for nearsight. Better put a friar in for the resists and BG. Which leaves one "random" slot.

core is 2 clerics, sorc, 1bg as in hibernia kind of. cant argue with the fact that you need more classes to achieve the same utility that a hib/mid grp can, but not all hib grp runs totally opted, just get core and 4 randoms and you can do the same in albion aswell, cant u?(since i started hib we had 1 night with eld in grp and had warden for the 50% of the time)

Crookshanks said:
So in Albion - if you havn't chosen to invest months of effort getting a fotm this-week-only-group-friendly-char, you are unlikely to be invited into "optimal" groups - which as Xxcalibur pointed out above is what is needed to stand a chance of defeating the multiple high realm rank mid's and hib's groups running about. Then we get a patch, the game changes from castalot to tankalot (or vice versa). The cores of the Hibernia and Midgard groups remain largely the same - Albion is left throwing out a lot of classes to replace with a solid tank frontline. The problem is - these removed classes were each providing a useful skill which is now lacking.

aint true, sorcer-theurg-2 cleric-2 merc was base since albs started to run opted grps, mainly 1 merc been traded for friar and mincer traded for merc/caba or whatever...

Crookshanks said:
Net result? Well I think a lot of Albs get fed up with the constant changing of needed characters. Most people enjoy playing their "mains", which by definition is a class the person plays the most, a class they enjoy and have grown attached to over the years. Yet a "main" which is useful this week is likely a class which there isn't a space for in next weeks opted group - Albions get disillusioned and roll/stick with classes they can solo with - eg. stealthers. The has a snowball effect - suddenly the largest population realm hasn't got many key played classes, (theurs and friars currently I'd say), so people fail to form properly opted groups, get beaten repeatedly, log on their stealther alts etc etc.

To summarise - I agree with whats been posted above that Albion as a realm on paper has all the abilites to put together competitive groups. In practice - on Prydwen at least we struggle to put together competitive groups, due in part I believe to the spread of class utility.

As i said above, that happened in all realms to almost all classes xpect to base of the base classes as cleric, sorc, healer, druid, bard and so on... so frankly its like albs simply cant be arsed to roll something worthwhile, organise a grp and climb up on the realmrankladder instead they chose the "relaxing way of leeching from a fucking tower" too bad they totally leave visible albs without m8s to grp up with... respect to the visible albs! And as i also said, with medium teamwork, sorc_2cleric_theurg/pala + randoms you can kill some of the enemy grps... ofc you wont kill the rr8 opteds but we cant do that either most of the time, but /release and go back till we do so, that simple, not roll some goddamn stealther.

shorti

Fledgling Freddie
armsmen are oped ! and our rr5 ra is overpowerd for soloing vs casters :Du just snapshot and run towards em interupting em till u just slam and 2shot with pole :D and pray they dont have moc :D ps. ons smells :<

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
I for one have never rolled a stealth class, call me old school if you wish but I started with my armsman and believe it or not I still love to play him. <ok I rolled a sorc too> As for the albion population on Pry I believe there is still a strong if not small community that try's to defend the realm the way imo the game was mean't to be played.

Still I have no problem with leet groups over running us as we try to defend but it's a free world and peeps can play this game as they wish. I am not on here to try to stirr things up but just to point out that there's still life in the old dog that is Albion.

P.S. Been advised not to mention roleplayer for some reason

wishing you a great gamming experience Mactavish the Armsman :fluffle:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Vladamir said:
Fo!. Noob!. You can't talk to me as i am higher up in the daoc society than thou!. Be gone peasant boy!.

How dare thou talk to an upper class gentleman as myself in such a manner?

The whip boy, the whip is what awaits you if you keep this up!

/slaps Vladamir with his right white clothglove

how's that for a peasant!

Boggy

Fledgling Freddie
Crookshanks said:

Some of what you have written here seems an unfair comparison. In the Alb group, you say add a Theurg for interrupts, but what is the Hib conterpart? In the Hib 4, you got bard as main interrupter, and his job is done (better) by by the Sorc in Alb. Similarly, you say you better put a Caba in for nearsight, but which Hib class in the core 4 has that? None. If you wanted nearsight you'd have to add an Eld, same as Alb has to add a Caba.

Of the things you mentioned, only the friar resists seem like a real downside for Alb. hard to believe the whole social structure of the realm stems from it.

Also, there's a funny mix-up people are making in this thread. They are talking about community and equating it to guild groups. In the past, sometimes, we've had exactly the opposite being the case - guild groups have been entirely inward looking and don't bother joining the community.

I think a major part of creating a strong community is about alliances. The /as channel is the cornerstone of a DAoC community because it makes people outside your guild visibly as social entities. When a realm has more, but smaller, alliances there is a lot less cross-guild communication and it's harder to maintain a community.

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Shike said:

see? Aint so hard. ;)

/hug
Think that's the first time ever some leet dude hugged me ;D

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Shike said:
How dare thou talk to an upper class gentleman as myself in such a manner?

The whip boy, the whip is what awaits you if you keep this up!

/slaps Vladamir with his right white clothglove

how's that for a peasant!

:mad:

:fluffle:

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
:)

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 3 characters.

qq...

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Good arguments from all mostly about the mix's - but fact remains - hib/mid group covering all bases in either caster or tank mode can be built with LESS than 8 people. Alb group requires more than that.

Would attempt to post something more eloquent but its about 4am and im half cut having had a few free bevvies after work!

Puppet

Part of the furniture
While Albion's utility (necessary utility or not) is spread out over alot of classes - the fact is also that those classes bring a higher DPS-potential to the group.

When comparing bard to sorc - Albs often saying 'yeah but bards can also heal, bring end, speed, interrupts and main-CC'. Nowadays sorcerers bring speed, interrupt, main-CC and a good portion of damage. Even with the top-mezz 44 mind 30 body u still do very good damage. Healing of a bard total sucks.

Theurgs are very good interrupters - but also bring a fair portion of damage.

Especially in smaller roaming groups, Albion is alot stronger then Hibernia (to compare those 2 realms).

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom