Is it me or?

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
This game has got too leet, no room for role playing and having a relaxing time to take your own keeps back from leaf eaters or from the mid scum that invade your own realm?
Excuse me from enjoying the game that was mean't to be fun but you gits piss me off with all this opt, leet crap. Flame away and role players agree but come on there must be some enemy that agree with me. Albion may have more players but we are soooooo under powered it's unreal.
There's not more I can say on this thread but lay off us underpowered realm < this comming from an armsman with an uber rr5 realm ability> the meek shall inherite the earth.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
The game is not balanced, some classes are overpowered and always will be. It's politics to bring such crap as Warlocks and Bainshees with a new expansion so that simple minded people (sorry, not much skill needed in 1-2 shoting your enemies with ease) can have a go and play a rather complex game at some other level of complexity.

The dudes calling others role players prolly never played a pen & paper RPG before, either they were still shiting in their pants or just not born as such games were hot and you could actually munchkin and powergame in such games way harder than in computer games, it always depened on the game master who set the limit and the people you played with.

And yeah, Hibernia is easy mode, always was, always will be, flame away.

Suedish

Fledgling Freddie
About the overpowered classes .. it's all about the money. No company would be that stupid that they didn't add overpowered classes in an expansion - which you need to play those classes. It sells, it's as simple as that. It's like that in every mmorpg that i've tried, with the newest expansion comes new uberclasses or new zones which you cant enter without the expansion.

Elitestoner

Can't get enough of FH
Manisch Depressiv said:

/quotes the whole the grass is always greener statement (literally in this case :D)

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
Mactavish said:
This game has got too leet, no room for role playing and having a relaxing time to take your own keeps back from leaf eaters or from the mid scum that invade your own realm?
Excuse me from enjoying the game that was mean't to be fun but you gits piss me off with all this opt, leet crap. Flame away and role players agree but come on there must be some enemy that agree with me.

Great post so far and agree 100% ... to bad you had to write those last couple of lines making sure this thread will just become another whine thread.

TheBinarySurfer

Can't get enough of FH
Elitestoner said:
/quotes the whole the grass is always greener statement (literally in this case :D)
I started out as a Hibbie, so ive been on both sides of the fence over the years.Hib most certainly was NOT easymode in the early days - quite the opposite - just getting to emain was a nightmare let alone finding anything in small enough numbers to be able to kill it.Times change however...

What we see now is the numbers having been balanced, mainly by the other realms having been deliberately given a slight overdose of love and abilities to various classes both old and new, and as a result are understandably "more popular" (at least at the moment).

Theres roughly - and i do mean roughly (overall) as many rvr hibs/mids as there are rvr albs. Sounds like a good thing, right? Wrong.

Realistically speaking, with the way the three realms and their classes were designed the numbers were NOT meant to be balanced. Anyone who says the realms were designed to have equal numbers clearly hasnt done their homework.
Mythic aimed to balance the realm numbers via alterations to the game, without giving any real thought to how this would affect the balance on a strategic level.

Yes i know some of my statements are generalisations - because that what this is - a general discussion not an indepth about class vs class specifically.

And yes we've tried taking back the keeps, bit hard when the only balanced fg's out and running show minimal interest, and the randoms jump onto guards and start killing them at the first chance they get, giving the Mid/Hib zerg ample opportunity to reach and kill the offending Albs.

Just my tuppenys worth, ignore it or believe it <shrug>

Bugz

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
Just my tuppenys worth, ignore it or believe it <shrug>

Too much writing so i ignored it.

To be honest, i started worrying about the state of some people when i got several whines from my own realm about the fact i did assasin missions in excess of 50k of rp's.

Does it affect them? No. Why should they care? I have no idea but i got whined at anyway :(

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
Mactavish said:
Excuse me from enjoying the game that was mean't to be fun but you gits piss me off with all this opt, leet crap. Flame away and role players agree but come on there must be some enemy that agree with me. Albion may have more players but we are soooooo under powered it's unreal.
There's not more I can say on this thread but lay off us underpowered realm < this comming from an armsman with an uber rr5 realm ability> the meek shall inherite the earth.

not too leet, you rock man, always admired you for sticking with the short end without going bandwagoning like most others :)

/salute because you are one that deserves it.

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Mactavish said:

Perhaps you should try the roleplaying board, if there is one.

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
TheBinarySurfer said:
I started out as a Hibbie, so ive been on both sides of the fence over the years.Hib most certainly was NOT easymode in the early days - quite the opposite - just getting to emain was a nightmare let alone finding anything in small enough numbers to be able to kill it.Times change however...

they only reason because time changed was that all the whining people left hib(and go alb or mid) and the hib players (by heart) stayed and worked on playstyle and there charakters :eek2:

Dorin

Fledgling Freddie
Alexandrinus said:
they only reason because time changed was that all the whining people left hib(and go alb or mid) and the hib players (by heart) stayed and worked on playstyle and there charakters :eek2:

cant really agree, alot more players playing hibernia or many left alb/mid in the last 6months

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Most complaints about Midgard/Hibernia being overpowered in the eyes of Albion players is the result of the Alb not realising what kind of potential their realm holds.

Some classes in Albion are considered weak - however the same holds for Midgard and Hibernia. More likely then not, the thing you see overpowered in Hibernia is obvious to you, but there's things in Albion which are overpowered in a same degree.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
Puppet said:
Most complaints about Midgard/Hibernia being overpowered in the eyes of Albion players is the result of the Alb not realising what kind of potential their realm holds.

Some classes in Albion are considered weak - however the same holds for Midgard and Hibernia. More likely then not, the thing you see overpowered in Hibernia is obvious to you, but there's things in Albion which are overpowered in a same degree.

I hate to agree with you, but you'r right here :) You can not really imagine how op'ed those chars you playing with, if u dont face them in rvr many times from the other side.
Many saying hib is op blabla, but the truth is that I would say a well played opted alb grp can be better anytime. I have seen some really good theurg playing, and its more than op xD seen a few mincers playing their class on a way i couldnt imagine. Though those guys are rr10-11 mostly but still, they playing very very good. (there are high rr mid sgs too, but we found albs harder to beat)
My comparison isn't totally fair though, as we are only rr5-6 only in hibernia, and because that rr10-11 alb grp has a lot more active RAs. I cant tell you what will happen after rr7-8, maybe they won't seem to be that hard.

About role playing and keep taking etc, well on Lyonesse not just the keeps but even relics are changing owners weekly basis, there are days when mids having all of them (they are underpop, and they have the biggest zergs out all the time), after 2 days albs and hibs has their own etc etc, every night there are keep takes, not one but 2-3, you can join in the keep forces or get a grp together and roam around just to find enemy grps roaming too.

(have to be fair here too, every mid grp adds on you on this server no matter who you fighting or how many, even rr12 mid sg's. they reminded me to pry here. And nearly every alb grp adding too, except for the high rr ggs, but they are adding sometimes too)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Niko said:
Perhaps you should try the roleplaying board, if there is one.

I know you enjoy making others feel like the ground you walk on, but can we keep this flame free for as long as possible please.

Ibtl Septina :]

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
I know you enjoy making others feel like the ground you walk on, but can we keep this flame free for as long as possible please.

Ibtl Septina :]

Seems to me you enjoy "knowing" how other ppl feel, want to start an enjoy club?! The post was basically bullshit, I spoke my mind.

Mactavish

Loyal Freddie
Niko said:
Seems to me you enjoy "knowing" how other ppl feel, want to start an enjoy club?! The post was basically bullshit, I spoke my mind.

Thanks for that

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Niko said:

I'll speak my mind too then shall i?. I think you're a clueless idiot who doesn't give two shits about anyone beyond the end of his nose, but hey, i'm just speaking my mind, right? :)

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
I'll speak my mind too then shall i?. I think you're a clueless idiot who doesn't give two shits about anyone beyond the end of his nose, but hey, i'm just speaking my mind, right? :)

Aye, you're definitly right mejt :p I only care about myself because I tell off someone who cries like that armsman on this forum. Makes perfect sence!

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Niko said:
Aye, you're definitly right mejt :p I only care about myself because I tell off someone who cries like that armsman on this forum. Makes perfect sence!

You basically just proved you've been around a lot less time than the others then, referring to him as 'that' armsman :). Go powergame somewhere else please.

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Vladamir said:
You basically just proved you've been around a lot less time than the others then, referring to him as 'that' armsman :). Go powergame somewhere else please.

Yes master, perhaps I should try the underpoweredrealmofablion blzzzzz, foad will you meight? :fluffle:

Martok

Part of the furniture
tbh so far everyones point of veiw is right!

Mids have warlocks + BD's + old savages (not so op now i know)

Hibs have Banshees + hate to say this but baseline stun (if used right is very op) and they have they have best utility for groups

albs have low utility when it comes to groups but Thurgests (right spec very op) + Heretics if played right and run in the right setup Very nasty (hi ramii remeber my heretic hitting you for 1344 and killing you with bg) + and also sorcs!

every realm has op classes just they came in different patchs! and it is down to how people play the class that makes them op too.

Xxcalibur

One of Freddy's beloved
love this ppl qqing about overpowered hib when the best setup for RvR atm is alb with : 2 clerc 1 sorc 1 theur 1 friar 1 pally 2 mercs why ?

- best mezz, 6 resist , 1 theur can win a fight if know to play , 1000 AF with a pally + plus mercs with DT ( 1000 af + DT from mercs = more chance to win tanks vs tanks grps ( if ma goes for tanks ) , acces to STT , 2 grapple bots + friar can go offensive ( warden sux offensive) and a long etc.... but you guys keep playing scouts or your silly mincers .... instead of try to make a decent fg.

Martok

Part of the furniture
Xxcalibur said:
love this ppl qqing about overpowered hib when the best setup for RvR atm is alb with : 2 clerc 1 sorc 1 theur 1 friar 1 pally 2 mercs why ?

- best mezz, 6 resist , 1 theur can win a fight if know to play , 1000 AF with a pally + plus mercs with DT ( 1000 af + DT from mercs = more chance to win tanks vs tanks grps ( if ma goes for tanks ) , acces to STT , 2 grapple bots + friar can go offensive ( warden sux offensive) and a long etc.... but you guys keep playing scouts or your silly mincers .... instead of try to make a decent fg.

yes its one of albs best setups but only realy good @ high rr m8 and with alot of team play as thats Pe's setup they run in if im not mistaken!

Tuorin

Fledgling Freddie
Martok said:
tbh so far everyones point of veiw is right!

Mids have warlocks + BD's + old savages (not so op now i know)

Actually SM is more oped that all those 3 put together. Well the pet is. ;)

Vladamir

FH is my second home
Xxcalibur said:

That's a fair point and i've seen it work wonders but everything has to go right for it to work properly. Every realm has their 'op' classes, although they're only really overpowered when played right.

It's the same with stealth classes, your average, run of the mill ranger i can eat up for lunch, but the few half decent ones (Puppet, Ambroz to name a couple) put up a decent challenge :p. Your average rogstrel isn't going to be on par with Gamah/Carpp, so it's not exactly always overpowered.

Fyric

Fledgling Freddie
Manisch Depressiv said:

Uhm, i gotta laugh at this, because obviously you've never actually played hib, hib has always, and i literally mean always been grounded into dogmeat by mids.

the way i see the balance of daoc, and its been more or less like this since i started rvr'ing(pre SI)

mid>hib>alb>mid etc.

what is it thats so overpowered about hibs? i dont really get it from an albs perspective, they have poorer cc sorc->bard, same usefulness of light tanks merc/bm, bm seems to have better effects on styles while mercs have higher dps, true the taunt thingy on bainshee is kinda annoying, but im pretty certain its not quite as annoying as nearsight, and seeing as a high rr cabalist nukes just as hard as a bainshee, while having a pet and lifetap nukes the difference doesnt seem to great, what setup are you running since you're complaining about hibs being overpowered?

Niko

Fledgling Freddie
Fyric said:
Uhm, i gotta laugh at this, because obviously you've never actually played hib, hib has always, and i literally mean always been grounded into dogmeat by mids.

the way i see the balance of daoc, and its been more or less like this since i started rvr'ing(pre SI)

mid>hib>alb>mid etc.

what is it thats so overpowered about hibs? i dont really get it from an albs perspective, they have poorer cc sorc->bard, same usefulness of light tanks merc/bm, bm seems to have better effects on styles while mercs have higher dps, true the taunt thingy on bainshee is kinda annoying, but im pretty certain its not quite as annoying as nearsight, and seeing as a high rr cabalist nukes just as hard as a bainshee, while having a pet and lifetap nukes the difference doesnt seem to great, what setup are you running since you're complaining about hibs being overpowered?

Give it a rest man, Manisch does NOT _what-so-ever_ get outskilled, it's the classes that makes the difference, everyone knows that :p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom