Is it me or?

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Puppet said:
While Albion's utility (necessary utility or not) is spread out over alot of classes - the fact is also that those classes bring a higher DPS-potential to the group.

When comparing bard to sorc - Albs often saying 'yeah but bards can also heal, bring end, speed, interrupts and main-CC'. Nowadays sorcerers bring speed, interrupt, main-CC and a good portion of damage. Even with the top-mezz 44 mind 30 body u still do very good damage. Healing of a bard total sucks.

Theurgs are very good interrupters - but also bring a fair portion of damage.

Especially in smaller roaming groups, Albion is alot stronger then Hibernia (to compare those 2 realms).

Sigh. 44 or 46 Mind does not deal good damage. Sure, you can use the 1s lifetap to nuke a few times someone down but you'll run out of mana in long fights even if you use the Tartaros charge and mana potions if you want to bring constant DPS. You lose 50 radius on the AoE mezz when you go 39 Body, 37 Mind but the red con AoE mezz is crap for chain AoE interrupts anyway, costs too much mana and you can always single target mezz for long duration. Against targets with full item and buffed resists with 39+17 Body and fully ToA'ed, no MoM and WP I think I hit for around 350'ish.

In my opinion a Bainshee is a better interrupter and nuker than a Sorc, unless people stand boxed for AoE interrupts. Here you go, call me an idiot, but perma interrupt and highest DPS over time in game is what I call utility not.

The main problem of a Sorc is that it is on the caster HP table and wears cloth and in the current FOTM setup it's the only demezzer. I'd prefer to play Bard anyday not to mention a Pac Healer and lose all the DPS on the Sorc to gain more surviveability.

Sorc is a super group CC class nevertheless.

Uberlama

Fledgling Freddie
ahahahhahah, try to play bard first for a few weeks before you say u would prefer it before sorc xD
With my sorc, mind sorc, i nuked in of for 450-500ish, i nuke nowadays for 400 with capped speed, wp3 etc. That sorc is in cloth and caster hp table qq more i say. We got rr5 ra, just like ps on bard (kk nukes are a bit pain in the ass but still). A good grp has a good bger, which can protect the sorc (in hib grp its not that necessery, because most of enemies are going for casters first and they just try to interrupt-cc the bard boi, so most of times i could be naked , they kill me at the end because:
a., if I'm mezzed and purge down, I can be afk till the end, single demezzer etc (k u would say same in alb grp -though we ran with 2 sorcs always- but note it enemies always going for sorc-theurg first, u will get ur mezz broken on u and then bger can help or moc or something etc etc)
b., If I got a single pet on me and there is noone who can help immediately to take it off, what can happen, i can go to afk too as i dont have qc, i cant deal any dmg to kill them (try to do it on a earth pet with insta dd, it takes 2-3 to kill one xD ). Ok if warden have time for it then its nice, or if i have moc.

Also , you mentioned red ae mezz's power cost. Note it , its the same for the bard but the bard has no focus at all. I can tell you that red con mezz on bard takes the mana away so fast that u cant really spam it for interrupt for a long time.
Also, I have played my bard to nearly rr6 by now , all the time in single setgrp, and I can tell you that I would play a sorc anytime instead, because of utility, agaisnt hards grp i can try to interrupt much as i can and try to fz the bger , but interrupt dont mean so much as hard grps have purge 2-3 moc, so i cant do much, tanks charging in at start blabla, while on sorc i could stat debuff them and nuke down pets and enemies etc etc. And something ppl tend to forget about sorcs is the pet. It's more then a key to win if placed well, a buffed ml9 yellow con pet is a pain in the ass if u can interrupt the hibs caster in the grp (we ran with a single caster in sg, with 2 casters if pug) because noone else can kill it. (only cc >.< )

so i would say sorc above everything :cheers:

edit: jeeeeez how can i write this much >.<

Rami

One of Freddy's beloved
Manisch Depressiv said:
Sigh. 44 or 46 Mind does not deal good damage. Sure, you can use the 1s lifetap to nuke a few times someone down but you'll run out of mana in long fights even if you use the Tartaros charge and mana potions if you want to bring constant DPS. You lose 50 radius on the AoE mezz when you go 39 Body, 37 Mind but the red con AoE mezz is crap for chain AoE interrupts anyway, costs too much mana and you can always single target mezz for long duration. Against targets with full item and buffed resists with 39+17 Body and fully ToA'ed, no MoM and WP I think I hit for around 350'ish.

In my opinion a Bainshee is a better interrupter and nuker than a Sorc, unless people stand boxed for AoE interrupts. Here you go, call me an idiot, but perma interrupt and highest DPS over time in game is what I call utility not.

The main problem of a Sorc is that it is on the caster HP table and wears cloth and in the current FOTM setup it's the only demezzer. I'd prefer to play Bard anyday not to mention a Pac Healer and lose all the DPS on the Sorc to gain more surviveability.

You really have no idea how OP your class is till you meet it in the frontiers....
Sorc >>>>>>>>>>>>> Bard

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Manisch Depressiv said:

So on full resists (50% body resists - Hibgroup) you do 350'ish damage WHILE YOU ARE SPECCED FOR CC and you got the fucking idea thats 'not good damage' ?! Typical damage-specced caster (with not your utility nor your CC) does perhaps 20% more damage (over time; your nuke is faster casted) but looses your utility. Play a fire-wizard if you want :O

You can go 44 Mind and use the greycon AE-mezz to interrupt if you want. Bards can NOT. You got focus, bards do NOT. You got Tartaros, bards do NOT. You got Jacina mana-replenish, bards do NOT. You got the best range and radius on your mezz.

Bainshee for interrupt? What if enemy MOC's? You can MOC amnesia and still disrupt their casting, bainshee can't. Bards got no chainable amnesia either btw. No secondary CC either.

The main problem of a Sorc is that it is on the caster HP table and wears cloth and in the current FOTM setup it's the only demezzer.

Cloth (neutral to all damage-types), with 2 Brittles, Bladeturn and spec-AF is probably better then reinforced armour. Only demezzer is bard aswell in most FOTM-groups, not a sorc-unique problem. Hell Albs 2nd demezzer is alot more common then Hibs 2nd demezzer.

Leaves HP-table, ~1400 vs. 1850 HP. Big deal :O

I'd prefer to play Bard anyday not to mention a Pac Healer and lose all the DPS on the Sorc to gain more surviveability.

MOC-Lifetap and SoI is alot more survivability then a bard will ever have. Bard has no option to quickcast another form of CC or anything. Mezz and that's it (in its own defense).

Look at Uberalma's posting. He's atleast honest in to whats 'better' in survivability.

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
play sorc bad and it sucks ofc, a good sorc > all otoh :)

SM, Sorc, lighteld, bainshee are the best casters in daoc hands down, and yet some ppl dont think its enough.. tis kinda funny really :p

Straef

Can't get enough of FH
Puppet said:
While Albion's utility (necessary utility or not) is spread out over alot of classes - the fact is also that those classes bring a higher DPS-potential to the group.

When comparing bard to sorc - Albs often saying 'yeah but bards can also heal, bring end, speed, interrupts and main-CC'. Nowadays sorcerers bring speed, interrupt, main-CC and a good portion of damage. Even with the top-mezz 44 mind 30 body u still do very good damage. Healing of a bard total sucks.

Theurgs are very good interrupters - but also bring a fair portion of damage.

Especially in smaller roaming groups, Albion is alot stronger then Hibernia (to compare those 2 realms).
Hibs get strong styles tho :<

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Some good points have been there by Puppet and Uberalma, I agree on them but still like Bards and Pac Healers more.

Manisch Depressiv

Part of the furniture
Has a duel once with a Bard, no MoC used, so it was going on for some minutes until some Cleric stunned him :-(

bebopbo

Fledgling Freddie
Mactavish said:
This game has got too leet

Wouldn't say the game.. But euro servers (especially pryd) in the past has been known for being one of the "harder" servers to RvR on... Purley because of gank grps & "leet" players as you put it :)

Hopefully after server merge there will be alot more random grps floating about rvr & not just gank grps, even prime time zergs every night from all realms would be nice tbh :)

Alexandrinus

Fledgling Freddie
Mactavish said:
This game has got too leet, no room for role playing and having a relaxing time to take your own keeps back from leaf eaters or from the mid scum that invade your own realm?
Excuse me from enjoying the game that was mean't to be fun but you gits piss me off with all this opt, leet crap. Flame away and role players agree but come on there must be some enemy that agree with me. Albion may have more players but we are soooooo under powered it's unreal.
There's not more I can say on this thread but lay off us underpowered realm < this comming from an armsman with an uber rr5 realm ability> the meek shall inherite the earth.
and that from the one wich is running around with an grappled DI bot, at solo rvr times

Friea

Banned
Mactavish said:
This game has got too leet, no room for role playing and having a relaxing time to take your own keeps back from leaf eaters or from the mid scum that invade your own realm?
Excuse me from enjoying the game that was mean't to be fun but you gits piss me off with all this opt, leet crap. Flame away and role players agree but come on there must be some enemy that agree with me. Albion may have more players but we are soooooo under powered it's unreal.
There's not more I can say on this thread but lay off us underpowered realm < this comming from an armsman with an uber rr5 realm ability> the meek shall inherite the earth.

the talk about albion being underpowered is so old.
every realm can counter what the other realms bring in.
sure midgard has 3 spreadhealers but that doesnt stop hib from winning over mid groups nor alb groups not that there is much of them anyways...
For the moment the game is more balanced than ever. i would say the stone rock scissor works better in daoc than ever before mid > hib > alb > mid > hib > mid etc etc

sure there is classes like armsman which sucks to some point i can agree(i have a thane myself) but what albion does not have and the other realms do is people who understand the game in a 8vs8 manner. if you start to try and get some groups going instead of just zerging, which you did great yesterday(hello evita!), you might bring more to the table than a zerg which plays for 1 hour each night and the logs when you die whining about albion being underpowered.

Friea

Banned
Manisch Depressiv said:
Some good points have been there by Puppet and Uberalma, I agree on them but still like Bards and Pac Healers more.

thats because you play a sorce imo

from a hib point of view its so common to see a fishboy start casting something and way before you get so close you are messed(mainly because im a warden) but as a bard there is often little you could do to counter your casting speed and range

just as you see pac healers are op because of insta. sure its nice but for a pac healer thinks its more overpowered with bolt range mess i can assure you.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom