Is It Leagal To use a crafting macro as long as you are presant at the computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
i used a drilling machine to buy components for spellcraft before /mbuy

i mean: doing 1130 clicks to do 30 tries which gave me 2-5 skill-ups was a bit of a pain

i also used IRC and Teamspeak ingame

wonder if those things are worth a ban (altough the drilling machine is not a program)

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
old.windforce said:
i used a drilling machine to buy components for spellcraft before /mbuy

i mean: doing 1130 clicks to do 30 tries which gave me 2-5 skill-ups was a bit of a pain
Aye, its the utter insanity that Mythic brings into the game that makes ppl cheat.

(w8ing for nQQbs to cry "Then dont craft jada jada jada" <sigh>)

Mikoolo

Fledgling Freddie
macroing

a irl friend told me abouta dude who made a macro for walking to towns in daoc when pressing a buttom. illegal? and he told me about another one who made a macro that made him to craft 20swords and thne go to merchant and make 20 swords more. all in the games own macro. illegal??
new in daoc and can become never in WoW. hugs to every one..

Aremeriel

One of Freddy's beloved
Mikoolo said:
a irl friend told me abouta dude who made a macro for walking to towns in daoc when pressing a buttom. illegal? and he told me about another one who made a macro that made him to craft 20swords and thne go to merchant and make 20 swords more. all in the games own macro. illegal??
All in the games own macro???

Tilda

Mikoolo said:
BS tbh, theres no command that will make you run forwards for x seconds and then turn right or whatever. In addition, although mbuy helps, you still have to click with your mouse and there are no game commands to do that.

Tilda

belgsken

Fledgling Freddie
Too bad you got caught Jui but seriously, you can't be soo naïve thinking what you did was completely inocent m8.
You might not see it this way now, but for the future, all this crap will give you a good laugh each time it pops in mind :)

I am a crafter myself but after doing 800 the hard way, I made a simple tool that "replays" up to 10 keystrokes because pressing the same button for 3+hours/day was a bit over the top for me.

So atm, I have 1130 AC, 1050 tailor, 630 SC and 967 alch and still going strong.
My device is not tracable (pure hardware) and also the time between each keystroke is randomized. So when GOA would check my logs, they'll conclude it's just another normal (and utterly-bored) crafter. :D
I even sold a few to friends and they say it's the best invention after sliced bread :cool:

Let this be a warning to everyone: Don't cheat but if you do, be smart so you don't get caught :p

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Mikoolo said:

a friend of mine told me he flew to the moon using a pair of spoons as wings...

goasucks

Fledgling Freddie
Would the two people on this page who openly admitted to using 'illegal' methods to advance their crafting levels please let us know when their bans come through so we know GOA are sticking to their policy.

(only joking ofc) :kissit:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
arent the keyboard drivers third party programs too? :rolleyes:

they affect the game directly :rolleyes:

Calaen

I am a massive cock who isn't firing atm!
Kreig said:
Same as irl, many ppl that do minor crimes will never often even consider moving up a notch for fear of the punishments. Even little things as minor as speeding etc, its still a crime and punishable but the pro's out weigh the cons in some circumstances else ppl wouldnt take the risk.

Thats total bollox, you would be hard pushed to find 1 person in this world that can drive that has not drove over the speed limit. Does this make it ok? the answer is no it does not, and no ppl do not speed because they think they might get caught, they speed knowing that the chances are very slim giving the fact the cameras are bright fucking Yellow.

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
Point of information. In most countries (most certainly in the UK), speeding is a motoring offence not a criminal one.

Oh and fastest I've taken my present main car is ~145 MPH (~230 KMH). :eek:

dapprman

Fledgling Freddie
:rolleyes: Of course that was at the bottom of the hanger straight at Silverstone on the GP track :D - jsut what did you guys think ? :rolleyes:

Meduza

One of Freddy's beloved
Lets re-live this thread.

Hope some more will join in for the fun.

Status so far:

Goa [as in Requiel] 1 - 5 Teh Law [by severel players]

:flame:

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
Stop Trolling Meduza.
I think that everything useful (and a great deal that isn't) has already been said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom