Is Eve gonna kill DAoC ?

• Thread starter Repent Reloaded
  • Start date
R

Repent Reloaded

your thoughts ?

imho Eve wont kill DAoC.... SWG, SB, DE and EvE will kill DAoC.... in a matter of months.... if they dont kill DAoC it 'will' loose alot of its players no matter what happens.

E

Esoteric

Would be less likely if we had third server with price rise plus co-op.

As it is loads of people are/will be leaving already and this is nothing to do with new games.

SB I wouldnt touch with a barge pole, too many underhand marketing tactics and also the company surrounding it is in financial trouble, dont want to play a game with no decent backing just spells trouble imo.

S

Sharp Thing

EVE wont kill daoc, not in its current state, mining will get 60% of the ppl to quit through boredom and the other 40% who get somewhere will get bored of low content and the too large world (jumping, aaaarg)

E

Esoteric

WoW, Dragon Empires and EQ 2 have my eye.

SWG will wait to talk to ppl who play it.

R

Repent Reloaded

EQ 2, EVE, SWG gave my eye and I only have enough to pay for one.

T

The Real Redi

SWG was looking great, about 6 months ago, but now it seems its a case of them trying to cram too much into it... its looking dull and comlicated, tell the truth (although i only browsed the sites a little while - apparently EVERY SINGLE username i try has already been taken, even when i headbutt the keyboard, apparently its already a user :eek7: )

Ill probably buy it and use up the free subs they WILL supply with it, perhaps a month, but if its dull as it sounds i doubt ill stay long sadly...

DE is looking really pretty, but unless they can succeed where Mythic and GoA have failed, i.e. LAAAAAAAAAAg, it'll just be awesome window dressing for powerpoint slideshows again...

What are some of these other acronyms im missing?

WoW, SB?

S

StormriderX

whole different style of game - it's like asking if apples will kill off oranges o_0 - I mean both are fruits etc :p

D

DocWolfe

eve aint that good from what I've played... you point and click to go places... you spend alot of time doing nothing between jumps, and the universe is a little too big... you hardly ever see anyone. But its only beta.

S

Sharp Thing

Originally posted by DocWolfe
eve aint that good from what I've played... you point and click to go places... you spend alot of time doing nothing between jumps, and the universe is a little too big... you hardly ever see anyone. But its only beta.
im having fun with a couple of friends, money is easily made and we have fun :D

S

SilverHood

EVE is boring?

Morons... game isn't even finished yet, and the game aint out for another month.

its called BETA for a reason ya'know

S

Sharma

My bet is: EQ 2 will flatten all the others :/

F

fatgit

planetside > eve :eek:

Played eve beta, didnt think much of it

S

scartooth

IMO Thomas the Tank Engine :The New Track will own all !
OK so the new shunting grounds arent filled totally with people yet but when they eventually introduce dynamic platforms and the new stations, all MMOs will suffer . (and arent you all really looking forward to the expansion The Fat Controllers Return?)

And no way nooooo way will Teletubbies : Tubby Tustard's Revenge work pfft .I mean ... a talking hoover !? weeeirdddd!

Eq2 pahh! TTE all the way !

J

Jebelious

its like eq, alot of people came over to daoc but alot went back. alot have stayed also. when the others come out like swg etc then the players will filter out to the different games, daoc may get rid of a few servers but it will always be alive like eq. people have spent time in creating characters in the game they wont just forget about it and play another mmorpg until the next big thing is out.

the only problem is now that the market is gonna be flooded with all of the new arrivals coming out months between each other
like swg and WoW. i wanna play both of them but thats just stupid i aint gonna pay for 3 mmorpgs so i will pace it out. like most people will until they find the one they can stick to perm.

daoc will live on, but it just wont have as many people in as it does now.

and any way, swg and WoW is along way from being released they gotta put the date back at least another 5 times yet :p

S

Sarnat

Nothing will kill DAoC for a long time. End of discussion.

K

karynia

Originally posted by scartooth
IMO Thomas the Tank Engine :The New Track will own all !
OK so the new shunting grounds arent filled totally with people yet but when they eventually introduce dynamic platforms and the new stations, all MMOs will suffer . (and arent you all really looking forward to the expansion The Fat Controllers Return?)

And no way nooooo way will Teletubbies : Tubby Tustard's Revenge work pfft .I mean ... a taling hoover !? weeeirdddd!

Eq2 pahh! TTE all the way !
:clap:

D

Danya

Originally posted by SilverHood
EVE is boring?

Morons... game isn't even finished yet, and the game aint out for another month.

its called BETA for a reason ya'know
They aren't going to add much in a month...

O

old.Tohtori

Yes..let's discuss EVE shall we.

First off, people saying a game is "boring" when they play a game where you click F8(closest mob) F6 (attack) and the numbers 1, 2, or possibly even 3 until the mob dies.

Then we have RvR. Same thing but against human players!

Let's face it, if you want exiting content filled adventures where you can do amazing stunts and a glorious plot to back it up and a perfect game engine as a cherry on top...play pong.

Now EVE is a space "opera" per say, i'm not defending it with teeth and claws but i'm saying it's not DAoC and it's not supposed to be. It's about the community, it's a bit more rough on the edges, it's a bit slower and some people do like it over the keepraids and "steal the flag" fests. HEck, there's even an option to train the pilot when you're offline...all a plus to a more "casual" player like myself.

And as a few said, it's still beta, speaking as a game dev i can tell you that most of the biggest changes come in beta...well..there are exceptions. So before you go giving EVE "teh bore" tag, wait until it's finished...wait for a possible community...give it a chance.

Z

Ziva

Originally posted by old.Tohtori
Yes..let's discuss EVE shall we.

First off, people saying a game is "boring" when they play a game where you click F8(closest mob) F6 (attack) and the numbers 1, 2, or possibly even 3 until the mob dies.

Then we have RvR. Same thing but against human players!

I think u don't know very much people do u? Cause i use a lot of more keys then f8, f6, 1, 2, 3 etc. when i play DaoC. This is also called talking.

O

old.CrazyMuppet

Why do these kinds of threads pop up EVERY day????

Do a search please and post in the 19876234 other threads instead of making ANOTHER one.

This is a DAoC forum... post this stuff in the off-topic section or something...

And as for me: i won't even look to other mmorpg's until i quit DAoC, which will certainly not be anytime soon..

I'm not going to quit a mature game (DAoC) for something that's in it's infant stage (SWG, EVE, whatever).

D

doneagle

less players = better rvr :)

I'll stay for sure and hope the players base will be halved :)

O

old.Tohtori

Originally posted by Ziva
I think u don't know very much people do u? Cause i use a lot of more keys then f8, f6, 1, 2, 3 etc. when i play DaoC. This is also called talking.

Oh look! Another Sigmund Freud! Next you're going to tell me that i say one thing when i mean my mother.

It was a rough example, you can also chat in IRC but that doesn't make it a game.

Read. Comprehend. Reply. It's a good formula.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom