Is being gay treatable?

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
Just came across this site and the whole idea seems plain stupid to me. I can't believe there are people thinking this way in this day and age; it's almost comical, yet kind of frightening that some people are still so thick headed.

http://www.lovewonout.com/

"promoting the truth that homosexuality is preventable and treatable"

Well I think it's ridiculous anyway.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
i dont think homosexuality is anything that needs to be treated.

you know what does though? peadophilia in their bollocks churches.

i think we should try cure religious beliefs aswell.

people, you dont HAVE to be religous!

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
Babs was just born the way he is, you can't treat that.

If people say there is a cure for being a gay Cornish twatbag then I would like to see it.

Mazling

Can't get enough of FH
Just get a baseball bat, you'll find lots of things that can be 'treated'.

Maljonic

Can't get enough of FH
throdgrain said:
Admit it.

You went there seeking a cure ...

:D
I tried everything else, the doctor said I was mad; the only thing left was Jebus. :)

babs

Can't get enough of FH
Trem said:
Babs was just born the way he is, you can't treat that.

If people say there is a cure for being a gay Cornish twatbag then I would like to see it.
While there may be no cure, there's always the knowledge that I still haven't slipped to the bottom.

*looks at trem*

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
joseph_nicolosi.jpg

[quote="Dr. Joseph Nicolosi - Love Won Out speaker -]"non-homosexual men who experience defeat and failure may also experience homosexual fantasies or dreams." act more masculine by drinking Gatorade or calling friends "dude."[/quote]

It's a fact if you get your ass kicked a lot you might be hiding boy on boy fantasies, on the other hand if you drink beer and say 'dude' a lot your not queer at all.

These American doctors are the best, you agree dudes?

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
homosexuality is not treatable or preventable.
noone knows the cause (they thought they identified 'the pink gene' but it turned out to not be the case), but most gay people will say they were born that way.

lol @
LoveWonOut said:
Alan Chambers left homosexuality in 1991 .... Alan and his wife, Leslie, live in Orlando.

that poor woman is married to a gay man. his overgroomed eyebrows scream 'im still queer, dear'.
alan_chambers.jpg

mank!

Part of the furniture
how do you leave homosexuality?

please, somebody tell me!

Jonaldo

Can't get enough of FH
mank said:

homosexuality is a small town in South Carolina, just take the train.

Wij

I am a FH squatter
Well, leaving aside the issue of why you would want to cure homosexuality, it's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Sexuality is at least as much learnt as it is born-to, if not more. Look at the ancient Greek aristocracy for instance. It was expected then that older men would take a younger one under their wing and get a big throbbie about them. This was not genetic. It was learnt behaviour. Why is there such a big stink about why people become gay ? Why do gay men feel the need to say "I was born this way, I can't help it." ? the most pride they could show is to say "I choose this life." Why should anyone feel they need to justify themself by copping out on genetics ?

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Who cares about gays? I wish people would stop going on about it. I read in FHM that there are 2 penguins who shag each other senseless. They're both males.

Personally I'm of the opinion that its a chemical imbalance in the brain, since just about everything we do and think is influenced by 'stuff' in the ol' grey matter.

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
If I like doing women up the starfish does that make me gay? :sex:

mank!

Part of the furniture
Wij said:
Well, leaving aside the issue of why you would want to cure homosexuality, it's not as far-fetched as it sounds. Sexuality is at least as much learnt as it is born-to, if not more. Look at the ancient Greek aristocracy for instance. It was expected then that older men would take a younger one under their wing and get a big throbbie about them. This was not genetic. It was learnt behaviour. Why is there such a big stink about why people become gay ? Why do gay men feel the need to say "I was born this way, I can't help it." ? the most pride they could show is to say "I choose this life." Why should anyone feel they need to justify themself by copping out on genetics ?

go back to posting pointlessly vulgar messages please Wij. :fluffle:

Deebs

Chief Arsewipe
Staff member
FH Subscriber
mank said:
go back to posting pointlessly vulgar messages please Wij. :fluffle:

Christ, who is that ugly **** in the avatar mank?

JBP|

Part of the furniture
Roughly 40% of the animal kingdom display display homosexual tendancies.

How do they plan on curing gay dogs ect?

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
JBP| said:
Roughly 40% of the animal kingdom display display homosexual tendancies.

How do they plan on curing gay dogs ect?

logo.gif

To late for most dogs, they like the taste and feel of their chum to much.

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
Wij said:
Why is there such a big stink about why people become gay ? Why do gay men feel the need to say "I was born this way, I can't help it." ? the most pride they could show is to say "I choose this life." Why should anyone feel they need to justify themself by copping out on genetics ?

psychologists and geneticists want to know to settle an argument.
but i certainly didnt choose to become gay. i would choose to be straight so i could live a much easier life, without people judging me solely on my sexuality. why would anyone choose a life where people are bigoted against you?
i can't choose to be straight either, i can't just pretend to be attracted to women and force myself to live a heterosexual life, because im not prepared to lie to myself about who i am.
also, i do not define myself as saying i was born this way or its the fault of my upbringing etc, because i dont know what caused my homosexuality, just that i've known from a very young age.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
My guess is that homosexuality is natures way of trying to reduce the population.
If you are gay then you cant procreate....

I dont see a need to cure homosexuality as are far too many humans on the planet. Let nature do its thing it knows best tbh.

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
erm, yes you can.

you can be paid to jizz in cups and then its taken off for magic spells and a baby is made in a woman.

nath

Fledgling Freddie
I think it's pretty obvious that he was saying that two guys can't make a baby with each other. Regardless of how much spunk is involved.

rynnor

Rockhound
Humans are too darned complex for simplistic answers - I think the chances of finding a gay gene are about the same as finding a gene that makes you a west ham supporter (not that im linking the two ;P) - maybe theres a genetic component but I think its probably linked to relationships and environment.

I'm not keen on the search for genes to explain human behaviours - the search for a criminal gene is particularly disturbing - you dont want smart lawyers using "he's just a victim of his gene's" type excuses.

Consenting adults can do whatever the hell they like and I dont like people to be labelled purely by their sexuality - for one thing you spend such a small proportion of your life doing it - you'll probably spend longer brushing your teeth but we dont label people by their toothbrushes :)

]AC[dRuM

Fledgling Freddie
rynnor said:
we dont label people by their toothbrushes :)

Come knocking at my door with that Oral B look about you and i'll release the hounds. ;)

TdC

Trem's hunky sex love muffin
mank said:

bisexuality for teh win. thus spake Woody Allen: "you're never alone on a friday night"

Wij

I am a FH squatter
TdC said:
bisexuality for teh win. thus spake Woody Allen: "you're never alone on a friday night"

I thought the actual line was about doubling your chances. Anyway, you've pulled Andeh...

*ZIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIP*

Louster

One of Freddy's beloved
Wij said:
it's not as far-fetched as it sounds.
There was a program on TV a while ago about a gay man going to live in America to try out one of these things, if anybody saw it. While I agree that, in theory, it's not far-fetched at all (I mean, if arbitrary fetishes can be programmed into animals by scientists, I don't see why gender preference can't also be learned, or at least influenced) these "we can cure your Gay" things seem to predominantly be run by and for crazy religious people.

So yeah. It's not like they're building upon any solid scientific foundation or anything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom