iRvR-as long as its not in mid ;)

Rinusch

Fledgling Freddie
Gustav said:
Organise that massive alb and hib zerg into something more effective than its current state. Midgard has some well respected and highly organised RvR raid leaders, its easy to kick youse guys out of our frontier....and we prefer taking your keeps than giving ours up.

The fact that mids can take and hold a foothold in other front yards while we kick invaders out fast says something don't you think?

Says 2 things imo, BD and WL :p <<flame on!>>

but serious. i Like it outside of alb for once, i mean. Come on, berks did get a little boring.
and i agree with the opening post, why should we allow IRvR on their terms alone? :)

Profion

Fledgling Freddie
Straef said:
They don't want to risk losing relics, I suppose. And I think irvr in mid is a bit shit due to the brightness of it all, I'd rather have it in hib/alb.

aight.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
charmangle said:
I agree even though Iam a mid. But there is ONE big difference between Mids taking (retaking at odd hours is no reason to complain about from either mids or anyone else. No one wants enemies at their doorstep.), Mids dont go for Relics just because they can. Which both albs and hibs have been proven to do. Thats when the majority of the whine from Mids arrive. (Example: This christmaas holliday, when Alb serg took entired mid frontier + both relics at 06.00 31st of December (New Year).

I dont mind Albs or Hibs taking 1 keep in mid front during night time as long as they stop there and dont go for the PVE relic when there are no defenders logged on.

/Charmangle

ps. IRvr in Mid does have its destinct disadvantages...the snow just sucks to RvR in (dont mind Blend-Bled region as rvr spot since there are no snow there but that means you only have half a yard of rvr space...abit boring. To hit an interresting IRvR in mid youd have to have Hlid-Blend-Glen. Problem with that is that is highsnow area...so Mid just suck as far as Irvr goes!:/ ds.

not entierly true, there have been mid RR atemps just because we could. like lastweekend or week (don't remember exactly) but the raid got stopped at boldiam.

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Rinusch said:
Says 2 things imo, BD and WL :p <<flame on!>>

but serious. i Like it outside of alb for once, i mean. Come on, berks did get a little boring.
and i agree with the opening post, why should we allow IRvR on their terms alone? :)

maybe you aren't serious, but BDs? i agree that have no RvR experience from either hib or alb but i can't think of why BD's would be a unbalancing asset in zerg warfare.

Cylian

Fledgling Freddie
another thing is, albs don't just take a keep for IRvR, they go on taking stuff all over the place :x

Tesla Monkor

Fledgling Freddie
The reason is simple.

Allowing enemies to have a keep in Mid frontier will lead to losing relics, and we have the hardest time of all three realms taking or defending relics. I don't mind iRVR in Midgard (though the landscape is not the best of all available), but the relics really are a big reason for trying to kick you guys out of the frontier as fast as possible.

In my opinion anyway.

Javai

Fledgling Freddie
pjuppe said:
maybe you aren't serious, but BDs? i agree that have no RvR experience from either hib or alb but i can't think of why BD's would be a unbalancing asset in zerg warfare.

Not in zerg warfae but in keep defense TWF is a big asset. When trying to retake Berks over the last few days on one occasion we tried to get in and I counted 6 TWFs in a row, by that I mean cast immediately after each other.

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
the mountain zone wall in mid spoils the irvr imo. plus there is to many agro mobs. berk is ok but i much prefer crim/emain irvr ;)

illu

Part of the furniture
Tesla Monkor said:
The reason is simple.

Allowing enemies to have a keep in Mid frontier will lead to losing relics, and we have the hardest time of all three realms taking or defending relics. I don't mind iRVR in Midgard (though the landscape is not the best of all available), but the relics really are a big reason for trying to kick you guys out of the frontier as fast as possible.

In my opinion anyway.

Yup I agree with this. Albs and Hibs "if they want" can basically steamroll most keeps and towers at will. They have nasty classes that can really swing keep raids like bainshees etc

If they lose relics, they seem to get them back pronto. Whereas when Middies lose relics, it takes AGES to get them back, and in the meantime, whereas the game was relatively balanced, the game then shifts quite a lot in the favour of the relic takers (they usually take the 2 relics) and then half of midgard sulk and don't log in and the game gets very boring for all.

Would it be an idea for if the population becomes too low on the server (say at 3-7am) to prevent Relic Taking PvE style for the Realms have "magic helpers" NPCs that basically take their keeps back, and reset keeps/towers back to the realms original owners? Would this ruin RvR? Would it ruin the people that play overnight's fun? Or is it best the way it is now?

I'd love to have some kind of area where people could iRvR but it wouldn't affect mainstream RvR too much and also there wouldn't be any risk of losses of Relics.

Time is RP, and iRvR=minimum downtime=maximum chance for RP. Some people like RvR some like iRvR, we should be able to have both without a downside for the other people.

Oli - Illu

Muylaetrix

Can't get enough of FH
Cylian said:
another thing is, albs don't just take a keep for IRvR, they go on taking stuff all over the place :x

ofc we don`t stop.

having a backup keep for porting when one port is compromised seems like good strategy to me.

oh, and i want to ding 100 keeps oO

Belomar

Part of the furniture
RvR in Midgard on the NF beta server was so sweet, brings back awesome memories. :D

Castus

Can't get enough of FH
Crim Irvr is by far and away the best:) Hibs so nice and green in summer....

charmangle

Fledgling Freddie
Aha must have missed that attempt...but

pjuppe said:
not entierly true, there have been mid RR atemps just because we could. like lastweekend or week (don't remember exactly) but the raid got stopped at boldiam.

Aha must have missed that attempt...but Mids are alot less likely to try it then ?:)

/Charmangle

ps. Mostly, I guess, because of the problems Mids seem to have to hold on to the treasures. :) ds.

Gazon

Fledgling Freddie
Belomar said:
RvR in Midgard on the NF beta server was so sweet, brings back awesome memories. :D

/agree

Trying to aoe mezz ppl with my /level 50 minstrel :D
Getting killed in one hit for 2000 damage, cursing at OP mids, not knowing it was oil :D

Drav

Loyal Freddie
illu said:
then half of midgard sulk and don't log in and the game gets very boring for all.

Wow nice to hear a mid actually admit to that, but doesnt it say alot that Albs in OF went without any relics for the space of 2 years and we still got called for having an almighty alb zerg? Hmmm what does that really say about albs?

Persistant maybe?

illu

Part of the furniture
Drav said:
Wow nice to hear a mid actually admit to that, but doesnt it say alot that Albs in OF went without any relics for the space of 2 years and we still got called for having an almighty alb zerg? Hmmm what does that really say about albs?

Persistant maybe?

Nah it just means albs didn't even notice that the relics were gone - because their meleers and casters are that much more powerful than everyone else :> The game was actually "even" when albs didn't have their relics :)

Oli - Illu

Drav

Loyal Freddie
illu said:
Nah it just means albs didn't even notice that the relics were gone - because their meleers and casters are that much more powerful than everyone else :> The game was actually "even" when albs didn't have their relics :)

Oli - Illu

Hehehe givf my Arms Hero moose mode and Warrior WS and I'll gladly agree and open the relic doors for ya :)

kirennia

Part of the furniture
illu said:

Oli - Illu

Yeah, back when baod could add upto 100%magic immunity, zerkers hit for over 1000 regularly and then of course as soon as they were nerfed, quad hitting savages were in effect. Of course we had bof and sos to prolong the inevitability :p

As for irvr, I hate it in every realm but if it must happen, I'd at least like some variation ;)

atos

Fledgling Freddie
Tesla Monkor said:
The reason is simple.

In my opinion anyway.
So true. :eek:

Draypor

Fledgling Freddie
and to back up what peeps have said....
i logged last nite and albs had insta port at blend, log on this morn and they also have bled, nott and hild towers :)
never happy with just irvr

pjuppe

Fledgling Freddie
Javai said:
Not in zerg warfae but in keep defense TWF is a big asset. When trying to retake Berks over the last few days on one occasion we tried to get in and I counted 6 TWFs in a row, by that I mean cast immediately after each other.

i guess there's just more BD's than warders then. didn't know there was that many BD's active in keepsiege:ing, and i can't understand why, seems like a dull class :)

Andrilyn

Can't get enough of FH
Mid iRvR rocks, atleast you don't have 150 hunters shooting you if you fight somewhere away from keeps/bridges as when with iRvR in Alb there seem to be stealther squads fooking everywhere.
When iRvR in Mid most stealthers tend to stick to Brynja and Glenlock bridge. prefer that much more than having 3 people PA you and 5 others putting arrows in your back when doing 8v8 or some small group roaming.

Vonwar

One of Freddy's beloved
swifteagle said:
Why do mids want iRvR as long as its not in their land,mids have been in alb the best part of 10 days,hibs take a keep in mid 2days later its gone,albs take one and a few hours later its gone.

Yet again the daytime mid zerg strike and will no doubt be knocking on berks again very soon,are you having withdrawal symptoms from Oriens bridge ? ;)

Why should albs and hibs allow mids to have iRvR in their lands when clearly they only want it on their terms ?

I hate fighting hibs much more than mids with bards spamming mezz non stop and being stunned to death every few seconds but atm I'd rather that than allow mids to get their way yet again.

Reasonable answers welcomed but I'm not holding my breath on that one ;)

Well i see it as a natural behaviour of the Mids.
Others might have the same opinion, some might have another, depending on the team you play for.

I like I´RVR
I play Mid, and only Mid (i.e. i dont have and i dont want any chars on cluster alb or hib side).
If you read a bit of war history, it is always safer to have the war fought in enemy territory, as long as your supply lines can hold.
In this excample we as in MIDS are scared that we loose our relics, cause at some point we dont get them back for a long time when we loose them.
Therefore i can only see it as a natural behaviour of the realm to take the fight to Alb or Hib frontier.
I fully understand if Albs or Hibs want to take the Irvr away from their own frontier aswell. It is a fully natural thing.
The big difference comes when there is Irvr in the different frontier zones:

When in Mid, not long time goes before we have a relic attempt, mostely in down time. Mostely it is Albs that carry out the attempts, and they have a totally normal behaviour, they want to hit the enemy when he is at his weakest (less ppl online).

When in Alb, we have had a few attempts, some of those were in the afternoon, or early evening. Fully natural as albs are not so many online, same principle cause we hit when he lays down. (just a pity im normally at work then hehe. :p

When in Hib, well i can hardly remember it has been a few months since we had I-RvR there, but as far as i remember not many attempts agaings them cause if there is, 2 fg can hold out 100 mids i have seen several times at Schataig last time they had a Mid relic there. We have like i think albs have, an ENORMOUS problem when it comes to keep warfare against hibs due to:
- Animists
- Banshee's
- Caster Insta stunn, nuke nuke dead phenomenom.

Regards

Vonwar
Guildmaster Danish Huscarls

pip

Banned
wittor said:
Nothing? Its me and my friend (Roteca).
Can't you leave pic at the side of your bed so you and your friend can look at it? Got nothing against people being gay but don't ram It down the throat of the straight guys:twak: How about I blow nose leave snot all over my lips and post it on advatar? would'nt be nice would it

Shike

Can't get enough of FH
pip said:
Can't you leave pic at the side of your bed so you and your friend can look at it? Got nothing against people being gay but don't ram It down the throat of the straight guys:twak: How about I blow nose leave snot all over my lips and post it on advatar? would'nt be nice would it

:eek7:

I thought you :wanker: over pics like that :/

but yeh, I actually agree with Pip, its not a very nice pic to look at for a straight guy. I dont hate gays in any way, but i dont like to get the sexpart of it displayed in my face, in any situation since I find it disgusting.

Thats a very provocative pic, you know that Wittor, and it doesnt do you any good at all. That pic would be allright on gayforum, but here, where minors read aswell, no ty.

pip

Banned
Shike said:
:eek7:

I thought you :wanker: over pics like that :/

but yeh, I actually agree with Pip, its not a very nice pic to look at for a straight guy. I dont hate gays in any way, but i dont like to get the sexpart of it displayed in my face, in any situation since I find it disgusting.

Thats a very provocative pic, you know that Wittor, and it doesnt do you any good at all. That pic would be allright on gayforum, but here, where minors read aswell, no ty.
Last time I blow a kiss to him when I say him face down:mad:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom