News Iran car explosion kills nuclear scientist in Tehran

Access Denied

It was like that when I got here...
I've been pissing myself for 3 pages! Job you're totally window licking!

Wazzerphuk

FH is my second home
It kind of surprises me that he doesn't understand more about it, as he comes across as the type of person that looks at mutated people and motorbike accidents on shock websites (at least he does to me).

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
Don't worry Job, you can join the losers club with me, it's currently me and Toht, although he's in denial.

rynnor

Rockhound
Radiation from ALL the nucleat test accounts for 7% of the background average we are all exposed to.

Lol - since the ban on ground testing the levels of background radiation due to nuclear tests has fallen a lot - the 7% figure was for the peak in the 60s when it accounted for 0.15 mSv of an average 2 mSv annual dose. Its now fallen below 0.005 mSv a year or 0.25% of the average yearly dose - of course if you live in the high radon areas its an even smaller fraction.

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
And the US doesn't antagonise Iran?
Iran more than likely wants a bomb (and who can blame them).

"The wave of the Islamic revolution will soon reach the world."

"We see today that there is a growing understanding in the international community that the
extremist regime in Tehran is not just Israel's problem, but rather an issue that the entire international community must grapple with."

"Our dear Imam said that the occupying regime must be wiped off the map and this was a very wise statement.
We cannot compromise over the issue of Palestine. Is it possible to create a new front in the heart of an old front.
This would be a defeat and whoever accepts the legitimacy of this regime has in fact, signed the defeat of the Islamic world.
Our dear Imam targeted the heart of the world oppressor in his struggle, meaning the occupying regime.
I have no doubt that the new wave that has started in Palestine, and we witness it in the Islamic world too, will eliminate this disgraceful stain from the Islamic world"

"You should know that the criminal and terrorist Zionist regime which has 60 years of plundering, aggression and crimes in its file has reached the end of its work and
will soon disappear off the geographical scene."

Yours truly, Mahmoud Ahmadinejad, "President" of Iran.

Peace in our time, Scouse, hmm?

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people, and neither do we."

Guess who?

Atleast Irans Prez gets it right when he spouts "we shall kill 'em" propaganda.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Peace in our time, Scouse, hmm?

Don't get me wrong Uncle Sick - all religious institutions are full of warmongering arseholes. Muslims are just a couple of hundred years behind christianity in terms of decline of their church. The sooner it dies a well-ridiculed death the better. :)

This we agree on. (I'll cover the burka issue at the end).

However, you keep on (despite your protestations) painting all muslims as warmongering flag burning arseholes. You can deny it all you like but that's what you're doing. The pictures you post and the passages of text you've chosen to quote aren't from moderates. The posts in response about the westboro church are equivalent.

However, you do make a few points about Iran, and the arab world in general's feelings toward Israel. Lets have a look at the other side of the equation:

Israel, as a country, is a nuclear-armed western construct ruled by a bunch of batshit-crazy religious-types on not-so-long-ago-arab-land stolen off 'em. They've had more UN resolutions passed against them than any country on the planet. IIRC they're at ~140 at the moment - all of them vetoed undemocratically by the United States.

Considering the history of the jews in germany - nazi prison camps and mass burnings - they've created a gulag style prison camp apartheid system of their own in the gaza strip. The Israeli PM said to their arab guests "holocaust? we'll show you a holocaust".

By its very nature israel is "Zionist". It's a homeland for humans that are united by only one thing - their religion. Ultra-orthodox jews are a rapidly increasing problem (there's a high birth rate so their population doubles every twenty years or so) - and, guess what! - they believe in sexual segragation and make their women cover up, like the muslims. The transport systems in these neighbourhoods make the women sit at the back of the bus and the men at the front, and the women are banned from mixing with people outside their own faith.

Seeing any similarities yet?

How about the United States (and the country I live in, which is effectively the same thing). We back (to the tune of billions, gifts of the best weaponry and nuclear arms) the oppressive and violent religious israeli regime (that we created) and are currently the most active military force on the planet, killing hundreds of thousands, tooling around the world installing puppet governments to protect our oil interests.

Looks very much like two sides of the same coin to me. I can hardly blame the Iranians saying they want the Israeli regime wiped off the map.

:)

Coming back to the burka. You're wrong (and overtly racist, but I couldn't care less about that tbfh). I lived for ten years in a 60%+ asian (about 40% muslim) part of Bradford in the UK. Most of the women there are happy to wear the burka - because they think that's what god wants them to do.

Legislation against these people is counter productive. It's like outlawing the bible - likely to make people more fundamentalist. God comes first, country second, remember? The only sensible route is to ridicule their religion, mercilessly. And damn the consequences - if muslims (or christians) threaten violence because people are drawing cartoons that take the piss out of their religion - draw more, make more jokes, front up to their bullying.

Ridicule and argument is how to beat a religion. Legislation makes them stronger.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Outside the usual "wink wink bash bash", yeah, who are you and what have you done with Scouse? :D

throdgrain

FH is my second home
The difference you ignore though Scouse, or are unaware of (and I cant beleive that!) is that Iran wants to hurt us, right now, and Israel doesnt. Therefore letting fellers who dont like us have the means to hurt us is stupid to the point of suicidal.

Embattle

FH is my second home
The difference you ignore though Scouse, or are unaware of (and I cant beleive that!) is that Iran wants to hurt us, right now, and Israel doesnt. Therefore letting fellers who dont like us have the means to hurt us is stupid to the point of suicidal.

Iran is partly playing an internal political game using external characters, all countries do it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

I'm pretty sure Iran isn't capable of hurting us and I think they want their nukes for self-protection. I honestly don't think they'd wang a warhead at us if they had one.

On the other hand, I think Israel'd drop a nuke in a second, if they thought they'd get away with it.

Not on us, of course, but I still think they're gagging to do it. Just for the lulz if nothing else. :)

Gwadien

What was that award winning 3part or so series about modern day israel and ww2 israel was brilliant! Gives you a wicked insight into the divides and cultures history always comes along to fuck us all over :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
You think that do you? Me, I'd sooner not take the risk tar :)

Lets see. Iran wangs, say, 5 nukes (with magical missiles they apparently don't own) and hit London, Birmingham and Manchester (three times - one in the centre and two on old trafford).

Israel retaliates by turning Iran into a nice flat sheet of glass. Paint wagons move in double quick and the whole country gets branded an NCP car park for the middle east for 20p a day. But they do acknowledge Iran's service to mankind for bombing OT and erect a small monument to commemorate it.

They're not that stupid :)

Embattle

FH is my second home
The 2 future missiles they are planning to develop can't even reach London, yet personally I would would of preferred WMDs in the hands of the original 5 but there is no going back now.

throdgrain

FH is my second home
It doesnt matter Scouse, you're still dead. You get so carried away with the rights and wrongs of things, and stuff being fair. Life aint fair, what we want is our people to be safe, and our people to be ok. If you can help other people too all well and good, if not, so be it.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Life aint fair, what we want is our people to be safe, and our people to be ok.

I don't suffer from "our people" tribalism. I care as much for a guy living in Surrey as a guy living in Somalia.

We're all human, at the end of the day...

throdgrain

FH is my second home
I don't suffer from "our people" tribalism. I care as much for a guy living in Surrey as a guy living in Somalia.

We're all human, at the end of the day...

Ironically enough you sound like one of those Christian saints getting stabbed up by a Viking in the Dark Ages :)

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No belief here m8. Just an understanding that as long as humans keep thinking and acting like that war's never going to go away...

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Ironically enough you sound like one of those Christian saints getting stabbed up by a Viking in the Dark Ages :)

Ey, we only stabbed people that tried to stop us from taking their gold...jewelry...food...furry things...women...you know, the bare essntials.

Gumbo

FH is my second home
If I had to guess what the Iranians want a nuke for, it would be to reach Tel Aviv, which they could always do on the back of a truck if they really wanted to, and to take out a US carrier group. Not to attack us directly in the UK.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I daresay that that's a prime objective Gumbo. But only in the event of an invasion.

Gwadien

Remember how we hold potiential criminals and 'they' torture people to get results perhaps we have the right to have nukes because of that and they dont because theyre morally corrupt and chops peeps hands off if they steal something?

throdgrain

FH is my second home
problem_birds_wood_pigeon4.jpg

Uncle Sick

One of Freddy's beloved
No belief here m8. Just an understanding that as long as humans keep thinking and acting like that war's never going to go away...

It's called the human condition for a reason, Scouse. We are warlike savages. That will never, ever change on a global scale.
I just like being part of the tribe that's on top.

And I'll say it again - I'm not painting all muslims as warmongering lunatics. Just the ones who are.
I'll take sides with Israel over Iran any day. Mind you - Israel is a democracy. People actually went out to protest against the religious right not too long ago.
Police and the IDF are full of women. No, I don't claim that Israel is perfect. But again - I prefer it over mullah run, sharia state constructs.

We all know what happened to the protesters in Iran. Right?

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom