iPhone 5C/5S

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Bodhi said:
It is, and if you look into it the Lens on the Z1 shits on the one in any Galaxy from a great height, so I'd say it was user error in this case.

You would say that. It's a simple process of standing in the same spot, point the phone at the subject and click the button with auto settings on both phones.

Perhaps my Z1 was a lemon but there you have it.

You can keep your Sony phones. I won't be bothering with them again.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
The Sony keyboard seems pish too with the amount of random full stops in your posts.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Not squealing fanboys it wont.

The Xperia Z is simply average all round.

old.user4556

Has a sexy sister. I am also a Bodhi wannabee.
As I said, it only has the Z just now, but more reviews will be along shortly including the Z1, so keep an eye out on that link so you can all view a fair comparison.

Hawkwind

FH is my second home
DigitalSpy on Z1 Camera

Sony has been keen to draw attention to the 20.7-megapixel camera on the rear of the Xperia Z1, but megapixels aren't the only factor we need to take into account here.
The platform holder is well aware of this, as it has also included a 1/2.3-inch sensor and a 27mm f/2.0 lens on the back of the device, making it well-equipped for shooting in most environments. While it is possible to produce some beautiful photography in well-lit conditions, there's little to suggest that the Xperia Z1's camera yields significantly better results than existing Android hardware. Unless users manually select the rear camera's highest resolution, it defaults to 8 megapixels, which is more than sufficient and will help save storage space. The differences between imagery captured in the full and default resolutions is subtle unless you zoom in close. Only then is there a perceivable difference in the level of pixelation.

Generally speaking, the Xperia Z1's camera produces similar results to its 13-megapixel counterpart on the Galaxy S4 in bright conditions, but won't win any awards for its performance under low lighting.

Expect image noise and reduced sharpness in these situations, not that the competition fares much better, with the exception of the HTC One's UltraPixel shooter.

WTF - Won't let me link the address:

The following error occurred:​

Sorry, you were not able to save since the content contained a link

For this Forum, before you can create content with links, you must first meet the minimum requirements

Minimum Requirements
The number of posts you have created must exceed: 2 (Yours: 0)
The number of Likes you've received must exceed: 0 (Yours: 0)
The Like:post Ratio must exceed: -1% (Yours: 0%)
The number of days you have been registered must exceed: 1 (Yours: 15973)​

dysfunction

FH is my second home
The camera on the Z1 was the least of my complaints though.

It was the screen that was the biggest failure for me.

Too reflective, poor when in the sun, exceptionally poor when viewing at any angle apart from viewing directly overhead. Wasted screen space for the soft back and home buttons. Especially when there is loads of space below the screen for these buttons.

Oh and those stupid flaps covering the usb port was starting to drive me mad.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Like I said before, the camera is the least of the problems....

Its the screen which is poor on this phone which is brought up in most reviews...poor viewing angles is shameful for a flagshit phone

Embattle

It's my birthday today!
I didn't realise at first that the so called cheaper phone, 5c was quite so expensive.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yeah previous gen technology and a plastic body only saves you £80 the 5c should have started start at £349-£399.

Embattle

It's my birthday today!
It is basically the same price as the HTC One/Samsung S4, to me that price point you mention would of seemed much better.

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have my 5s and the finger print reader is an epic addition and it should be on every phone. Not needing to enter a code but still having security is great.

soze

I am a FH squatter

Poag

m00?
TBH locking a phone is like locking a house door.

It'll keep out the neighbours, but if anyone really wants to get inside they will...

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes but the pin code can be hacked. The pattern lock can be hacked. Everything can be hacked. The guy who picks up my phone in a Pub and runs away with it is far more likely to wipe it and lose my data than he is to hack the fingerprint reader.

Yep but fingerprint scanning is an awful security tool, it's not like you can change your finger prints. Having to also enter a PIN makes it even more pointless and gimicky.

Retinal scanning on the other hand would be much harder to copy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Yep but fingerprint scanning is an awful security tool, it's not like you can change your finger prints. Having to also enter a PIN makes it even more pointless and gimicky.

Retinal scanning on the other hand would be much harder to copy.
It is far from pointless I press my home button and my phone unlocks. On my 4s i had to push the button slide to unlock and then enter a pin code. It might only save a second or two at a time but when I have to unlock my phone 20 or 30 times a day to read and respond to emails over two years it is a brilliant addition to the phone. And I don't know why I would need to change my finger prints (or PIN Code). The chavs who are most likely to steal my phone are not going to hack it to get into my data they will wipe it and I don't care about that.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
I've seen 3 people demonstrate the fingerprint reader now, and 3 people have taken multiple times to unlock their phones and look a bit silly. Seems about as reliable as Android Face Unlock to me.

As for me? Pfft, don't even have a code on my personal phone, as there's nothing on it I care too much about. Work phone has a keylock which seems to work fine.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Why would they look a bit silly because a function on a product doesn't work?

Bodhi

Because it's always preceeded by a "Look how cool this is!".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
You must move in different circles...its a phone ffs

Bodhi

Yet you seemed to care enough to point out the issues with fingerprint security, and I pointed out another - it doesn't work half the time.

Problem?

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
Yes, but that isn't the purchasers fault is it?

soze

I am a FH squatter
I have not seen one of the people in the office fail to unlock it unless it is while they are testing how far they can put their finger over the side before it fails to read. So for 100% of the people you have seen use it to fail suggests user error or white lies. I can only imagine how great this would be on a Sony though. :D

Lamp

Gold Star Holder!!
I would have bought the HTC One but the camera is shit. The S4's camera blows it out of the water. The Sony20mp came ra is supposed to be really disappointing. Once again I find myself sticking to the S2 as nothing jumps out of the page and shouts buy me.

Kryten

Old Cow.
You're clearly all cocks for not using nokia 3310's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom