iPhone 5C/5S

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ceixah said:
Tis np pal :) any1 looking for a new phone or whatever feel free to let me know and i'll try my best!

My Z1 was "delivered" today! Unfortunately nobody was at home which means I have to wait till Saturday to collect it.

Can't wait!

Jeros

Part of the furniture
Got one with a perfect screen but there are other problems, last Sony phone.

Absolute garbage.

rynnor

Rockhound
I think the nothing new is what apple are covering when they say "considered innovation can prevail or rampant technology". What exactly did you want to see on the thing?

NFC - amazed they are still making these things without it.

Aada

Part of the furniture
Personally I have never used NFC, just have never thought of using it on my Nexus 4.

SheepCow

Bringer of Code
I do like the idea of AirDrop, NFC gets a bit awkward when you slap 2 gadgets together and then have to press the screen

Aada

Part of the furniture
Me and wife used Airdrop today, so simple and easy.

soze

I am a FH squatter
NFC - amazed they are still making these things without it.
Fair enough but in all honestly I have never found a need for NFC. Until you mentioned it I could not have told you if it was there or not.

rynnor

Rockhound
Fair enough but in all honestly I have never found a need for NFC. Until you mentioned it I could not have told you if it was there or not.

Its becoming more important - for contactless payments, oyster card apps etc.

Aada

Part of the furniture
NFC is great if you live in one of the big cities if you don't you don't see the benefits.

rynnor

Rockhound
Aada said:
NFC is great if you live in one of the big cities if you don't you don't see the benefits.

A lot of the big chains like tesco have the contactless terminals now - you just need a bank that uses it.

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
A lot of the big chains like tesco have the contactless terminals now - you just need a bank that uses it.

We've got NFC tills in our coffee shops etc. Hardly anyone is using them (despite not incurring transaction charges if you use it, which with Irish banks isn't a trivial thing). People have trust and awareness issues.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Jeros said:
Got one with a perfect screen but there are other problems, last Sony phone.

Absolute garbage.

Such as?

rynnor

Rockhound
We've got NFC tills in our coffee shops etc. Hardly anyone is using them (despite not incurring transaction charges if you use it, which with Irish banks isn't a trivial thing). People have trust and awareness issues.

It's taking a few years as usual but its taking off in the UK now.

NFC mobile replacing oyster cards are technically doable now (the barriers can do it) but its switched off as London Transport think the mobiles are a bit too slow - they want to be able to handle 32 people per minute at each gate at peak (which sounds like crap to me - always people with duff tickets/confused tourists/women with ticket in bag etc. to prevent that).

Edmond

Is now wearing thermals.....Brrrrr
I can see the pick pockets having a field day with that in full rush hour. Everyone walking up to the barriers, phones in hand

soze

I am a FH squatter
I can see the pick pockets having a field day with that in full rush hour. Everyone walking up to the barriers, phones in hand
It is no worse than people farming your contactless cards by standing beside you. The fact an iPhone 5s would need your thumb print to activate or select you card could make it more secure?

Syri

FH is my second home
It is no worse than people farming your contactless cards by standing beside you. The fact an iPhone 5s would need your thumb print to activate or select you card could make it more secure?
Which would be great, if apple put NFC in the iphone 5s... but they didn't.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Which would be great, if apple put NFC in the iphone 5s... but they didn't.
I know that. I was just saying that had they put it in then it would have been worthwhile. I am reversing my position after someone pointed out a practical use.

dysfunction

FH is my second home
dysfunction said:
My Z1 was "delivered" today! Unfortunately nobody was at home which means I have to wait till Saturday to collect it.

Can't wait!

Got the phone on Saturday morning.
Swapping it for a Galaxy S4.

I had the first Sony Xperia which was shit.
Not impressed with the Z1. Won't be getting another Sony phone again.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved

My Misses has the S4 its a sweet phone - The camera is amazing with the inbuilt functions - I love the gif maker its great fun!

If I was upgrading my S2 I would probably get the S4 its a very nice phone, my only complaint is that it feels a little light - I like a heavy phone to know its in my pocket.

Ch3tan

I aer teh win!!

what was wrong with it?

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ch3tan said:
what was wrong with it?

It has wasted screen space with the soft home and back buttons.

Photos were worse than my S3 despite it having more mp.

The battery life is rubbish. Runs out of juice really quickly even with a small amount use.

The worst part is the screen. Its only good if you look at it square on otherwise you can barely see it. It looks all washed out. It also looks crap in the sun. The glass is far too reflective. I couldn't use it.

Last Sony phone for me. Never again.

Ceixah

Can't get enough of FH
HOWEVER, you did get a good deal and a str8 swap for the other phone you wanted so thumbs up for me :p

dysfunction

FH is my second home
Ceixah said:
HOWEVER, you did get a good deal and a str8 swap for the other phone you wanted so thumbs up for me :p

Yes I can't complain about that!

caLLous

It's my birthday today!
FH Subscriber
The Note 3 is winking at me bigtime. It looks like the S-Pen has improved dramatically into something you use everyday rather than a bit of a gimmick.

Gups

One of Freddy's beloved
Imo camera Quality is more about the lens quality than the MP

Aoami

I am a FH squatter
My S4 has broken after a month, not best pleased. Will never change to Apple, but after my s2 only lasting 6 months, and my s4 a month, i'll definitely move away from Samsung next time. The phone is responsive, and plays the startup sound, but the screen is fucked, just black, no cracks or scratches or anything like that. Sending it back to Samsung tomorrow. It's lame that you don't get any compensation. I have a £35 a month contract that I can't use for 2 weeks whilst my phone is being fixed and you get nothing to cover that.

soze

I am a FH squatter
Two of our Samsungs in work are causing us grief. Both S4s one will not charge at all and has been back twice only to come back with no fault found. Samsung are telling us they cannot replace the phone until it has been sent in and repaired 3 times. So we have to send it back in again and lose it for "10 working days" to have it sent back so we can then raise a new support case to get it replaced. The other one has been back 7 times now as they refuse to replace it. The problem is a minor one where the 3.5mil jack does not work unless you keep pressure on it. Again they report no fault found and they refuse to let us speak to the engineer looking at wither one.

One good thing is that the 10 working days if often more like 3 which is a lot faster than others.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Gups said:
Imo camera Quality is more about the lens quality than the MP

It is, and if you look into it the Lens on the Z1 shits on the one in any Galaxy from a great height, so I'd say it was user error in this case. I've seen plenty of pics taken with it that look stunning.

're: SAmsung reliability, I only know one person out of about 11 who hasn't had something silly break (sleep of death bug, refuses to charge, screen discoloration, texts not working, etc), so it'll be a cold day in hell before you see me with one (put it this way work offered me an S3, I declined in favour of an.iPhone 4. And I'm far from an Apple kid). I guess they're ok if you like gimmicks, or look at your phone from a 90 degree angle on the table, but otherwise, they appear to be mostly pish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom