Interesting stuff you found on Google Earth

Paradroid

Fledgling Freddie
tris- said:
some cool shit -
21.104736,-11.502686 zoom out to around 63 miles
29.977484,31.13405 has detail down to 600ft

The first one's Rochate Mountain, The Eye of Africa.

I thought the large circles were wierd, the green ones especially - but they're argricultural (turf farms - irrigation is easier in circles).

...(apparently).

They've spelt my street name wrong!

:eek7:

tris-

Failed Geordie and Parmothief
the green ones im not so botherd with, its the fact they are black and i cannot find a single one anywhere else.
area 51 is weird too, some of the roads go for 100s of miles and stop at the side of a mountain.

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
62 10 37 N

141 09 46 W

Anyone else see that?

Was looking for the HAARP machine(which I am yet to find) and came across that long black strip. They don't want us to see something in Cottonwood Mountain. :)

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Its called Chicilub or something, and is somewhere off the North coast of S.America, in the Carribean?

tris-

lol, one or two :) be fair though tom they are not really in the same gigantic league as the other ones

Dillinja

Can't get enough of FH
circle_irrigation.jpg

irri_pat.jpg

It's farm stuff apparently. Got those pics off google after typing circle irrigation.

Dunno why the ones that Tom linked to are black, though. Maybe the farmers around that area like to burn their crops.

err Paradroid basically said the same thing already, nm.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
It's sure an excellent programme. Thought I would have a look round my Favourite Country Ever (TM) (Turkey) for ten minutes. Two hours later I was still searching away.

It's strange that in some places you can clearly see the outlines of houses, roads, sports arenas etc. but in other places (eg. Istanbul, at least the old walled part of the city) its all a bit fuzzy with barely any detail.

Anyway smashing programme, thanks for the tip it was out there Tom. Now give me my two hours back y'beast!

EDIT: Having just downloaded some of Tom's clickies I note that you can see even more detail than I had realised ... but yet again Istanbul (Byzantine/Roman part) is all blurred out. Can't imagine it's blocked out for any security reasons, but maybe I'm wrong.

tris-

dil, i found HAARP area using the GPS coords but for some reason its just grass land. near the area is a red sqaue but there is no built up town near it like there should be.

Tom

I am a FH squatter
There are small sections of the map that are blurred, such as Dick Cheney's residence. The other blurred sections are really just low resolution satellite images. I imagine that eventually, the entire globe will be hi-res, it just depends how soon Google take over the world tbh :D

tris-

ive been looking at my fav place, cyprus (spits on turamber :D). i found my favourite landmark of all time - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Flag. i cant believe i can actually see it on here
35°17'7.84"N
33°22'53.85"E

tris-

tom, that crater isnt the one im thinkin of :( the one im thinkin of is in the middle of a desert somewhere, and its f-ing huge.

Turamber

Part of the furniture
tris- said:
ive been looking at my fav place, cyprus (spits on turamber :D).

lol, funnily enough a work colleague is there right now. I've been looking for his villa!

Oh and kinda off topic ... but ... even back in Byzantine times the island was split: part was controlled by the Byzantines, and part by the Arabs. Funny how history repeats itself (kind of).

Tom

I am a FH squatter
tris- said:
tom, that crater isnt the one im thinkin of :( the one im thinkin of is in the middle of a desert somewhere, and its f-ing huge.

Lol. That didn't kill any dinosaurs.

Anyway, here it is

Athan

Resident Freddy
Oh, and the starfield, at a cursory glance, seems to be correct, although I'm betting static in time. I can certainly find Ursa Major and see Polaris appears to be in the correct place.

-Ath

Lester

One of Freddy's beloved
Forget all that educational shit. Go to London, fix the Thames in the middle of the image, rotate and hum the theme from Eastenders.....

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
tris- said:
ive been looking at my fav place, cyprus (spits on turamber :D). i found my favourite landmark of all time - Turkish Republic of Northern Cyprus Flag. i cant believe i can actually see it on here
35°17'7.84"N
33°22'53.85"E

I've been looking at Cyprus as well, trying to spot my parents' house, but the resolution over Cyprus isn't that much cop. :(

nath

Fledgling Freddie
Lester said:
Forget all that educational shit. Go to London, fix the Thames in the middle of the image, rotate and hum the theme from Eastenders.....
lol that's exactly what I did when I was floating through london :D

Ormorof

FH is my second home
tris- said:

Vredefort Dome?

supposed to be the biggest and oldest impact site on the planet :p

been trying to find it on google earth but the resolution sucks in SA :(

Tom

I am a FH squatter
Lester said:

rofl :clap:

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom