Insta Mezz Please Explain

Zede

Part of the furniture
Hi Peeps

I think this is a way old subject, but heck im fairly new to the game, and would like some feedback

Recently leveled 2 chars to L50, ready to taste the joys of RvR. Opted to use my cleric in the field. This whine is not in relation to keep takes or retakes, mainly to do with roaming emain, odins and hw. I have been running in FoTm groups only, merc/merc/arms/pally/cleric/cleric/sorc.

I would like to think RvR is a test of skill and tactics, but I have become disillusioned lately. My problem is with group insta mezz, and mezz in general. On "flat" ground, where you can see the clip plane from all sides, you can generally see your enemy coming, so obviously Alb Sorc mezz with its increased range wins the day, most of the time. Problem is, the frontier most definitely is not flat. Running at mini speed over various hills, very often you "stumble" into an enemy group. As the name says, the group is Instantly Mezzed, and invariably who ever gets the first group mezz off wins the battle.

What skill is their in using insta mezz ? During them first few seconds before determination kicks in, the sorcerer is always dead, and the clerics not far behind, and its all over in 1 minute. Now I run in mixed RR groups, but usually between 3-6 realm rank, Det3 minimum for tanks, SoS up, MoC and BoF ready - and generally makes no real difference.

I would like to see all group mezz removed from all realms. I have no problem with single mezz/stun etc...but how interesting it would be for mids and hibs to have insta grp mezz removed, my god they may actually have to think for once !

Ok, so what is mythics reasoning for not giving albs group insta mezz ? What is it that makes albion classes so uber to balance it out ? speaking to alot of albs, only thing I have been told is sorcerer mezz has a longer range. This extra range is nullified due to the landscape issues described above.

With removal of group mezz, I think alot more classes would participate in RvR, would be nice to see more friars, reavers and cloth casters. FoTm excludes alot of classes at the moment, of course these classes do RvR to some extent, but end up as fodder most of the time.

So, some input please. I am not that well up on the game mechanics, this is just a personal view of my experience in open RvR.

kr0n

Fledgling Freddie
On widely populated server Instamez aint such a big deal. More groups = less chance of getting Insta'd. Instamez lasts couple of seconds on Det5 tanks. Anything less on pure tank is useless and should be shot on sight.
Then again, if you have a good sorc (assuming he's leading, which is stupid also) there's a big chance of winning Mez even against Mach6 and Insta. With high Mind spec you get all the nifty mez reduce spells so GroupDet1 and tanks get Det6 so it is kinda nice.

Instamez has been there since the dawn of... erm... something. Alb groups have had no problems doing RR10 on any server and I can't see why you can't.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Sorcs are poor mezzers tbh.
And I wouldn't say remove insta mezz, but rather change the mezz and det problem. Mezz is too powerful vs non-det classes, and usually determines if you win or lose. If it were up to me, I'd say half the duration of mezz and half hte effectiveness of determination. Also do something about sorcs :).

This way, GP, mezz and detetmination would be nerfed all in one. How wonderful :D.

btw. K0rn, why has 2 of your chars been banned? o_O

Corran

Part of the furniture
TBH if you lose to a savage grp in less then 1minute when your using all your RA's something wrong with what you doing!

You get mezzed, not all grp be mezzed if you know what doing, mini should demezz people (or purge then sos) that means support can get away. now at this point savages/warrior be targetting sorc or clercs, so tanks hook onto the back of said savages and take them out whilst the sorc mezzes the healers/shammie (purge mezz or insta mezz timer out by time sos ends anyways).
SoS ends, knock on bof if need be (dont use both at same time unless savages turn onto the tanks when cant get the support)
Insta mezz on det5 classes last seconds, it nothing, it a waste and most dont use it. The only ones that are a problem are hib pbaoe groups as you get tri pb'd instantly before can get out of mezz which will kill most support.

Savage grps easy unless they mael/bo/window dragging cheating shits. Can rip them apart.
7man team (mini, cleric, cleric, sorc, pally, merc.merc) last night in hw took out 1fg of them, seconds later before had time to rest took out a second fg of them. only RA used was SoS in the second fight. reason being sorc range mezz got the better of the enemy and when they did insta us it wasnt much use as they couldnt get the support and al done was brought their savage a few seconds of live.

Out of interest. List me the order in which you target the enemy grps you come up against. These may be your problem.
Also, what role does your pally play in the grp, where does he go and when?
At what point to you decide to use your RA's?
And do you rezz your sorc instantly after he dies?

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
And I wouldn't say remove insta mezz, but rather change the mezz and det problem. Mezz is too powerful vs non-det classes, and usually determines if you win or lose. If it were up to me, I'd say half the duration of mezz and half hte effectiveness of determination. Also do something about sorcs :).

Lol pls, sorcs with that uber cast speed poor mezzers? Apparently you have been playing too much that NS.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Sorc probably is the best mezzer ingame with 1875 range and uber castspeed.
The downside of being a sorc is utter crap survivability, but calling sorcs poor mezzers is just plain dumb :x

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Dreami said:
Lol pls, sorcs with that uber cast speed poor mezzers? Apparently you have been playing too much that NS.
Insta mezz > 1850 range
chain and reinf > cloth
hills > sorcs
frontiers = loads of hills

So yea, I'd say they aren't as good as the two other classes. I haven't played sorc myself, but as far as i've heard and noticed, it usually goes like this: insta mezz, assist on sorc, sorc insta dead etc.

The 1850 range 400ae mezz is good though.

Edit: I forgot to say one thing. When the mid\hib grp has grp instant down, they can still single insta sorc and cast AE on grp (this works very well). Also ALOT of fights start of at 1500 or less range (when comming over a hill, going through mg, 2 grps running toward eachother at mach 5 speed (mach10 o_O). In these situations its hard to benefit from the 1850 range, so both mezzers will have about an equal chance to win.

btw. you might have some other opinion on this, but LEAVE MY NS OUT OF IT! :twak: :D

Septina

Part of the furniture
Korax said:
Edit: I forgot to say one thing. When the mid\hib grp has grp instant down, they can still single insta sorc and cast AE on grp (this works very well).

Not once has this happened to me :eek:

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Insta mezz > 1850 range
chain and reinf > cloth
hills > sorcs

So yea, I'd say they aren't as good as the two other classes. I haven't played sorc myself, but as far as i've heard and noticed, it usually goes like this: insta mezz, assist on sorc, sorc insta dead etc.

Edit: I forgot to say one thing. When the mid\hib grp has grp instant down, they can still single insta sorc and cast AE on grp (this works very well). Also ALOT of fights start of at 1500 or less range (when comming over a hill, going through mg, 2 grps running toward eachother at mach 5 speed (mach10 o_O). In these situations its hard to benefit from the 1850 range, so both mezzers will have about an equal chance to win.

btw. you might have some other opinion on this, but LEAVE MY NS OUT OF IT! :twak: :D

isntantmezz = 1500 range, thanks you very much

If you dont like hills, avoid em, I know in emain thats easy atleast...same in HW and Odins.

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
insta mez is not the problem usually, it lasts for jackshit

how it works is isnta AE stun, then a normal mez

well unless vs hibs, but bard has insta ae interrupt which can be equally annoying (little less)

Glyph

Fledgling Freddie
Morchaoron said:
insta mez is not the problem usually, it lasts for jackshit

how it works is isnta AE stun, then a normal mez

well unless vs hibs, but bard has insta ae interrupt which can be equally annoying (little less)

If you instant ae stun then mezz, then you ask to get killed, giving everyone stun immunity so warr can do shit

d34k

Fledgling Freddie
My healer has 48 pac, which is quite high. I know a lot of FotM group healers go for 44 pac to get spread heal, but my spec is about as uber on CC front as you can get. Trust me, AE insta mez is bloody useless. It just gives det tanks a free immunity timer. Best thing it's good for is wasting a Hib groups' group purge RA.

Septina

Part of the furniture
The only way really as a pac healer is to go Insta AE Stun on the inc group and then castable mezz.
Sure, this gives the enemy group stun immunity but it also gives you a hell of a bigger chance to win the mezz duel :p

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Glyph said:
isntantmezz = 1500 range, thanks you very much

If you dont like hills, avoid em, I know in emain thats easy atleast...same in HW and Odins.
And your point?
By saiying that I mean that its way easier to get in instant then 1850 mez.
Also, Im no sorc, nor a grp leader, not usually an alb, so I tend to like hills.

And I agree with you that instamezz gives free immunity, but how many sorcs does alb groups have? 1 and how many sorcs die after an insta mezz? 1 :p

Better to insta mezz them, then to get mezzed imo.

Also, im supprised that so few mezzers use instamezz on mezzer, then mezz the group. I agree it dont happen often, but its a good tactic and works pretty well (especially vs sorcs).

Corran

Part of the furniture
Korax said:
Insta mezz > 1850 range
chain and reinf > cloth
hills > sorcs

HMM, could luck insta mez a sorc with single tbh, they dont lead the group, and they not the only caster in the best alb tank setup there is. Most RvR guilds try to not use insta mezz against said groups as it doesnt last long, and when 2 could grps of enemy meet the fight can easily last 5minutes at least if there is constant rezzing etc so tbh the duration of an insta is not long enough.
moving at mach 5 towards each other the standard thing will be the tanks charge towards the enemy still while the sorc breaks of stick and is mezzing instantly, so if they insta the group of tanks the sorc gets mezz off, if they insta the sorc the tanks get free reign. Take your pick, most people be selecting the first person then can to insta mezz so that means sorc if enemy spotted early should get mezz off.
Sorc great class with lots of utility, just the little bugger dies fast but the good ones know this and as long as rezzed fast dont care.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
2450 range? uhm givf longer view range imo.
Then it will be like: Is that a sor>MEZZED<c?

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:

Healers normally only use the level 36 ae instamezz with a duration of 26s and radius of 150. This means it gets resisted more than cast mezz and you very rarely get a full group mezzed with it. It's mainly used as a tool to interrupt the enemy CC'er from casting mezz. Sorc is certainly not a poor mezzer in anyway. As stated already, in open field battle the sorc is arguably the best CCer of them all. After all CC is the only job the sorc has (including interrupting).

If the sorceror fails to land a mezz it's imperative that the clerics get him rezzed asap so he can get the enemy support mezzed.

Korax said:
btw. K0rn, why has 2 of your chars been banned? o_O

Obviously because he's been a very naughty boy and feels the need to boast about it by displaying it in his sig. The distinctive trait of a misfit individual.

Appendix

Fledgling Freddie
Glyph said:
If you instant ae stun then mezz, then you ask to get killed, giving everyone stun immunity so warr can do shit

Which is why many healers opt for the 40mend 36pac spec trading the insta ae-stun for better healing power.

Korax

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:
Healers normally only use the level 36 ae instamezz with a duration of 26s and radius of 150. This means it gets resisted more than cast mezz and you very rarely get a full group mezzed with it. It's mainly used as a tool to interrupt the enemy CC'er from casting mezz. Sorc is certainly not a poor mezzer in anyway. As stated already, in open field battle the sorc is arguably the best CCer of them all. After all CC is the only job the sorc has (including interrupting).

If the sorceror fails to land a mezz it's imperative that the clerics get him rezzed asap so he can get the enemy support mezzed.

Obviously because he's been a very naughty boy and feels the need to boast about it by displaying it in his sig. The distinctive trait of a misfit individual.
Read my previous post, also, I'd say any good bard\healer can beat a sorc at mezzing anytime (even in an open field). Lull with 2300 range and single instant pwnzors the sorc.

Might be abit harsh calling them poor, but they usually succeed only if the bard\healer fails. Anyway, I think they need a boost (witch they obviously get in ToA o_O).

Smurflord

Fledgling Freddie
Our normal target priorities for savage groups:

1) Shaman - savages lose end regen/buffs. Even with Perfect Recovery he doesn't have time to rebuff.
2) Healers
3) Savages
4) Skald

We normally have a mercfil in our group as part of the tank assist chain, for diseasing and snaring the healer classes, really makes em go down fast even with the other healers cross-healing.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Smurflord said:
Our normal target priorities for savage groups:

1) Shaman - savages lose end regen/buffs. Even with Perfect Recovery he doesn't have time to rebuff.
2) Healers
3) Savages
4) Skald

We normally have a mercfil in our group as part of the tank assist chain, for diseasing and snaring the healer classes, really makes em go down fast even with the other healers cross-healing.

Disagree with this targetting order, yes it works but with PR it a waste going this way as they soon be back up and at full power etc.
Savages are botted buffed, without these they are crap, rezz sick they are funny, rezz sick and buffless you may as well just emote slap them and they will die :)

Take savages first, if they pr'd means that they cant use on healer, if they rezzed normally means they die fast.

savages
shaman
healer
skald
warrior

that a good order if they not mezzed.

IF they mezzed and no healers purge it

warrior
savage
shaman
healer
skald

means their block bot downed fast but if they got high mob no worth trying it with healers their too hence why normally best left till last. Foadon is a bitch with the amount he blocks if you trying to attack him :eek:

Morchaoron

Fledgling Freddie
Glyph said:

tell that zapsi

btw if purge is down all support is dead anyway before long mez is over, savages can do that yes, so it doesnt matter anyway then

old.windforce

Part of the furniture
Corran said:
Take savages first, if they pr'd means that they cant use on healer, if they rezzed normally means they die fast.

savages
shaman
healer
skald
warrior

that a good order if they not mezzed.

agree

Tareregion

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
And your point?
By saiying that I mean that its way easier to get in instant then 1850 mez.
Also, Im no sorc, nor a grp leader, not usually an alb, so I tend to like hills.

And I agree with you that instamezz gives free immunity, but how many sorcs does alb groups have? 1 and how many sorcs die after an insta mezz? 1 :p

Better to insta mezz them, then to get mezzed imo.

Also, im supprised that so few mezzers use instamezz on mezzer, then mezz the group. I agree it dont happen often, but its a good tactic and works pretty well (especially vs sorcs).
--and how many sorcs get rezzed with a 100% rezz the moment they drop down? exactly, lots of them.

kr0n

Fledgling Freddie
Appendix said:

I guess you prefer the ideology "Out of sight, out of mind" ayeh?
At least I'm being honest and giving people a notice that my history isn't as clear as it should.
Dude, just shut the fuck up.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom