Insta Mezz Please Explain

Edlina

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
Not once has this happened to me :eek:

I've done that to you at least 3+ times within my very short memory :eek:

And sorcs get extra range and quickcast also they get another form of CC (root) which is the advantages of a sorc. (Also faster cast speed ofc - and moc that bards can't get :eek: )

haarewin

Fledgling Freddie
insta mez i mainly use as my 'oh shit' button, ie; if i dont notice a group until the very last moment. and usually they are immune anyway :(

ps: hurrah for amatuer psychologists!

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Tareregion said:
--and how many sorcs get rezzed with a 100% rezz the moment they drop down? exactly, lots of them.

Whoopie do, with 1k of unbuffed hp > savage train you dead instantly. At least with buffs and 1500 hp my sorc last a considerable time compaired to with no buffs. So half the time my sorc ends up dead quite quickly if the train see's me alive again.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Edlina said:

And sorcs get extra range and quickcast also they get another form of CC (root) which is the advantages of a sorc. (Also faster cast speed ofc - and moc that bards can't get :eek: )

Guess my memory sucks then cause i cant recall that :p

And there's a reason why sorcs gets qc, extra range and root, sure they are advantages.... But sorcs also have alot of disadvantages :p

Hi cloth and <1500hp :E

And bards get moc in 1.68B ^^

- Bards are now able to purchase the realm ability, Mastery of Concentration.

\o/

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Edlina said:

Quickcast is slower than normal cast speed so its pointless anyway. If i remember rightly also, i think it might be a USA patch even so there's a fix so that Bards get MOC RA access.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Kreig said:
Quickcast is slower than normal cast speed so its pointless anyway.

I wouldnt call QC pointless.
However using it on 1st mezz is very pointless, very VERY good to mezz/root the assisttrain when they reach you if you get mezzed or so tho :p

Kreig

One of Freddy's beloved
Septina said:
I wouldnt call QC pointless.
However using it on 1st mezz is very pointless, very VERY good to mezz/root the assisttrain when they reach you if you get mezzed or so tho :p

Perhaps, but when they compare QC - Instas i think it has to be said Insta wins it in my mind.

Septina

Part of the furniture
Kreig said:
Perhaps, but when they compare QC - Instas i think it has to be said Insta wins it in my mind.

You sure about that? :eek:
QC mezz/root lasts long enough for you to get away from the det 5 tanks on your ass, insta mezz/stun doesnt. :p
I would never trade my qc for any form of insta cc :x

Ilum

Can't get enough of FH
Septina said:
You sure about that? :eek:
QC mezz/root lasts long enough for you to get away from the det 5 tanks on your ass, insta mezz/stun doesnt. :p
I would never trade my qc for any form of insta cc :x

what about instas AND chain? ;p

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Korax said:
Insta mezz > 1850 range
chain and reinf > cloth
hills > sorcs
frontiers = loads of hills

Umph, how does three of those affect sorc as a mezzer in any way?

Every mezzer faces the same troubles and when it comes to hills, sorc's fast castspeed usually wins the mezfight.

And insta mez is like teh sucky when you got Det5 tanks against you. :mad:

Dreami

Fledgling Freddie
Smurflord said:
Our normal target priorities for savage groups:

1) Shaman - savages lose end regen/buffs. Even with Perfect Recovery he doesn't have time to rebuff.
2) Healers
3) Savages
4) Skald

I'd rather go for healers or savages first, if the healers are being interrupted (theurg pets > healers) or mezzed... Since savages got insta end shout, so not worth killing the shaman first. And yes, they have time to rebuff if a skilled shaman.

Littles

Loyal Freddie
I think the mezz race is pretty varied and balanced myself. Both the instas and castables have advantages and disadvanges. Same gos for the the classes whos job it is to mezz. Some can heal, some can quick cast, some wear chain etc etc.

Insta mezz is overpowered in 2 instances imo.
1) Hib Pbaoe groups - the insane amount of damage they do means im often dead before i can hit my purge button and thats no lie.
2) Mid pbaoe groups - Insta mezz,wait for any purges, insta AoE stun, Pbaoe, group dead.

But both these cases are down to other things not the mezz. AoE stun should not exist in the game let alone in a insta form and hib pbaoe grups need the nerf bat swung at them violently in more ways than one.

As for other comments. A rezzed sorc is a good move as long as your opponent doesn't see it. I have been one shotted(quad hit) by savages after a 100% rezz. Also if your cleric isn't aware to cast a dex buff on you when your rezzed your casting will be so painfully slow you will die almost immediately.

xxManiacxx

Can't get enough of FH
Healers use the instas to interupt sorc then they just /face, aemez and the fotm savage train comes in and destroys.

Puppet

Part of the furniture
Littles said:
Insta mezz is overpowered in 2 instances imo.
1) Hib Pbaoe groups - the insane amount of damage they do means im often dead before i can hit my purge button and thats no lie.

Just lag away in the distance seems to work fine o_O

Littles

Loyal Freddie
Just lag away in the distance seems to work fine o_O

Are you suggesting i lag cheat? I don't need to cheat and never have done or ever will do. Wouldn't know how to anyway.

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
Hmm. As a sorc, the fact that I die first as soon as we hit an enemy group isn't what bugs me.

No, in fact, it's the way how DAoC works, technically. As an IT student (and hopefully a future game developer), I'm interested in how games work. Even MMORPGs. So I've been studying DAoCs netcode a bit (it's easy decrypt, shame on Mythic, really), and I noticed that the server only announces players when they're near.

Which, of course, I'm happy with. Because otherwise people could locate the exact position of any player anywhere on a map. So apart from the 'warning' exploit (which Mythic/GoA can easilly detect, not to mention noticed by your teammates, so dont even think about it), it's practically save.

However, because of the speed spells, players can travel with larger 'hops' than players who travel at a normal rate. 9 out of 10 times, the server announces the enemies too late, for both groups.

Now, while the sorcs and what not are still casting their CC spells an insta-mezz spell kicks in and it's all over. Imo, the longer casting range for the alb sorc compensates for the insta-mezz spell. But hey, that range really comes in handy in such a situation! But you can't really blame the spells. Personally, I think that the update frequency should be increased for RvR zones if there are players using speed spells in it, or maybe even the speed spell nerfed slightly so the server can still announce the enemies on time. Or maybe the announcement area should be wider (because I believe that it's about the same as the view distance).

By the way, another factor kicks in; DAoC needs to load the skins of the enemy players as soon as they show up on your screen, this is what causes the 'meeting' lag (just watch your harddisk activity). After version 1.65, we should be able to cache them right away (using an option), before we meet the enemy players. Alas, the patch has been delayed until next week, I wonder how it'll affect the gameplay whenever it gets implemented.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom