C

choonz

Originally posted by Belomar
Us Albs like to call it "the Necro effect". :(

I rolled a scout to PL with my necro...does that make me a gimp? :D :clap:

S

salamurhaaja

Originally posted by skile
Why shouldn't people roll the best stealther? It's like rolling a thane instead of a savage.
Good point.
Aye, but still Aubabty and other infils claim all assassins to be in line.

B

behatch

Originally posted by choonz
I rolled a scout to PL with my necro...does that make me a gimp? :D :clap:

yes,and your playing style does.

X

xajorkith

Level 50's on Excal duskwave stats.

324 Infiltrator
274 Minstrel
165 Scout
763 49%

302 Shadowblade
165 Hunter
467 30%

178 Nightshade
150 Ranger
328 21%

1558 100%

As you can see the Infilrator & Shadowblade are quite close, as are the three archer classes, what makes the difference is the lack of Nightshades and the huge number of Minstrels.

Sooooo take stealth off minstrels (i.e. Skalds!), lower evade on Infiltrators (to counter DF) and give Nightshades a huge love bat :) and we're all sorted!!!! :D

K

Kicks

Originally posted by xajorkith

As you can see the Infilrator & Shadowblade are quite close, as are the three archer classes, what makes the difference is the lack of Nightshades and the huge number of Minstrels.

Sooooo take stealth off minstrels (i.e. Skalds!), lower evade on Infiltrators (to counter DF) and give Nightshades a huge love bat :) and we're all sorted!!!! :D

:clap:

D

Driwen

lets look at one server were hibs are the smallest and make a decision about who to nerf/give love?:p
Active player could just mean active in PvE. So look at active amount+RP's and dont forget the difference in population and wether the hunting ground is in one realms favour or not.

Also minstrells are hard to judge as they are also the speedproviders of Albion. So you cant easily take them along with stealther comparisons nor with FG+ RvR.

X

xajorkith

Originally posted by belth
Pretty much sums it?

And wtf has that post got to do with infil numbers? Cretin stay on topic.

K

Kagato.

Its not like Albion has many good classes now is it? our abilities are spread out so thinly across so many classes that Assassins are one of the few areas where Albion can actually compete so its hardly suprising so many choose to roll up infil alts to win for once.

Though personally I hate the whole concept of the stealth classes and will never make one.

A

Aoami

Infil's are FoTM, get over it please everyone. It was the same when people realised LA was hitting for stupid amounts, so everyone rolled SB's, it's just another bandwagon for people to jump on then fall off when the nerf comes.

Next FoTM - Hib/Excal.

G

Glottis_Xanadu

How can Mids complain about inf zergs while the inf and sb lvl 50 numbers match?
Maybe not the number of infs and sb's playing (might be more infs playing) but the number of lvl 50's match allmost perfectly.
And they are even more out of whack if you take the slightly lower Mid population when compared to the Alb population.
So infs are less fotm than sb's ever where.

But yes, there are more than enough infs in Emain really.
Regards, Glottis

S

saltymcpepper

ns need no love, they are quite uber, altho this needs a higher rr for the ras that make them even

Z

Zill

Clearly there are major design faults when a role-playing game is dominated by assassins. In role-playing ethics assassin classes are a rare profession because they rely on procession, accuracy, are generally weak hand-to-hand, wear paper armour and can only use short-bladed weapons. Their best attacks are suppose to come from behind their opponents with backstabs (as in Everquest). That's what makes them difficult to play and unappealing to players, and that is how it should be.

In other words, Mythic have designed and developed the assassin classes in Daoc very badly. It's daft to have so many invisible players roaming around in a game. That certainly wasn't the case in Arthurian Legend: which, afterall, is what the game is centred around. Quite simply, there needs to be radical, sweeping changes to the assassin classes, not just the odd nerf here and there. But I won't hold my breath waiting for this to be implemented. It takes months for a patch update to occur which never addresses all the issues anyway, in fact only seems to make matters worse.

/me buggers off

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
How can Mids complain about inf zergs while the inf and sb lvl 50 numbers match?
Maybe not the number of infs and sb's playing (might be more infs playing) but the number of lvl 50's match allmost perfectly.
And they are even more out of whack if you take the slightly lower Mid population when compared to the Alb population.
So infs are less fotm than sb's ever where.

But yes, there are more than enough infs in Emain really.
Regards, Glottis

omg, you posted something sensible... am I in Bw really? :p

K

Kallio

Originally posted by Zill
Clearly there are major design faults when a role-playing game is dominated by assassins. In role-playing ethics assassin classes are a rare profession because they rely on procession, accuracy, are generally weak hand-to-hand, wear paper armour and can only use short-bladed weapons. Their best attacks are suppose to come from behind their opponents with backstabs (as in Everquest). That's what makes them difficult to play and unappealing to players, and that is how it should be.

In other words, Mythic have designed and developed the assassin classes in Daoc very badly. It's daft to have so many invisible players roaming around in a game. That certainly wasn't the case in Arthurian Legend: which, afterall, is what the game is centred around. Quite simply, there needs to be radical, sweeping changes to the assassin classes, not just the odd nerf here and there. But I won't hold my breath waiting for this to be implemented. It takes months for a patch update to occur which never addresses all the issues anyway, in fact only seems to make matters worse.

/me buggers off

The thing is that assasins are ok, unbuffed... Buffs make em hard as hell. ie. Killing tanks.

Buffed assasin > unbuffed tank (d´oh)

If both are buffed/unbuffed then they are kinda even.

N

Nebel

Originally posted by choonz
Huh?

dont try to underrstand, m8.
Behatch is just an angry lil kid which randomly flames around.

A

Aloca

Yes there isnt many tanks with a BB, but i guess 80% of all stealthers can get buffs some way before running out.

In the old days Assassins had to make a Successfull PA or they loose...

or was it just me at lvl 40 fighting lvl 50 tanks? :D

A

Aybabtu

Originally posted by salamurhaaja
Good point.
Aye, but still Aubabty and other infils claim all assassins to be in line.

Go back to your whole Salaa, can't belive such a great player (imo) would turn out to such a moaner.

I never said that - actually said that i wouldn mind DF getting 2nd in chain or reduced to 7sec.....

Have said SB's have been put back in line....

I

ikaro-ronin

Honestly....

Beeing a low/average RR stealther out there is a suicide mission.
You rarely meet a solo stealther from the other realm unless hes rr8+ and fully buffed....
So its "fair" as a newly made infill to try and survive against these ? Not to mention the larger stealther groups one will meet out there.
Naturaly sience infills never get regular group invites they tend to group up in the beginning to be able to get some realm ponts against the odds i mentioned.

The doubble moral in most cases is disturbing, tonight we were a group of 3 infills and a mincer. A high RR infill <wont mention any names> passes us and called us a zerg...
I mean realy, is there nothing better to do when one zergs till one hits rr8ish and then run solo fingering to others whats zerg, whats bad... whatever...
How is it that one from another realm can count exactly how many stealthers there is on mmg ? At one moment sience you claim they were camping. If he was solo he would die so fast that i dont belive that "all" those stelathers ran and whacked you.
I think you went there with a lesser stealther group yourself...
Perhapes heading to amg or such to camp or whatever, then maybe your group of say 3-6 got killed by a little bigger infill group. How else would you be able to see how many where on mmg ?

V

VodkaFairy

Re: Honestly....

Well ikaro you clearly show you havn't rvr'd much solo, since there are plenty of enemies around if you know where to look. :p

There are _no_ active rr8 stealthers in hib that i know of.. maybe cyclo but I can't think of anyone else.

Mid has alot of rr6+ sb's / hunters but they should be easy for any buffed infil :x

And there'd dodens, uppland, dl, df, etc.. lots of places to rvr without going to emain.

J

Jarrax

The official numbers for infs vs Sb's might be close..but a very rough /who followed by /who shadowblade shows about 8% of the population at any time.

Of that 8% only about 1/2 are lvl50...rest are in bg1 or scratching their arse looking for a group or Buffbot to come back from LD.

Not very accurate I know.
But a rough idea of the current active SB population.

O

old.Nol

Originally posted by -Wedge-
ROFL, like only infs have these numbers.... Not getting passed AMG in Odin's cause 10+ hib stealthers are camping it is silly too...

Oohwell, its basicly all stealthers, not just albs, not just hibs, not just mids...

Btw, I always have a strong 'finding nemo' feeling:
MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE MINE

(if you saw the movie, you know what I mean ;))

wow, that's the entire Hibernian stealther population, there must have been a party....

O

old.Nol

WTF!!!! Glottis made a post without saying something about Nolby...QUICK, GET A MEDIC!

B

Belomar

The seagulls in Finding Nemo say "mike" not "mine", IMO. ;)

M

Miniwhack

stealthers should be deleted, specially SBs. and zergtraktors.

R

-RG-Jaond

I can understand why all albs make infils, like who want to stand with the rest of the 6fg at amg and get pwned by DH :)

But when they finaly ding 50 the stupid fuckers still stand at amg clueless like always.

J

jox

Who can blame people for rolling stealthers, normal rvr sucks. I did a /who in emain the other day;

46 savages
13 shamys
21 healers

1 dark-sm(me, lol)

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom