Infernal merchants are up!

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
The long anticipated infernal merchants are now ingame again. They also sell valuable drops like ML10(!), Summoner's Hall, mythirians and various quest rewards like Doppel and MoH.

http://darkageofcamelot.com/article/infernal-sleeves-are-back

Very high prices at the moment. Alot of people counted on the infernal sleeves being 30p like last time. Prices are gradually dropping, but merchants can be removed at any time also, so could be a gamble.

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Oooh, always wanted an infernal sleeve for my armsman but could never afford one and now I can't even be arsed to install daoc and setup UIs :(

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
175p starting price ? CTFO, pathetic

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Nobody-cares-baby....jpg

Logi

Part of the furniture
Mythics only remote chance ti get people to resub after gw2 release and they fuck it up again by overpricing the sleeves xD

gg

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture

Then fuck off with your pityful comedy act you attention craving cretin.

CorNokZ

Currently a stay at home dad
Then fuck off with your pityful comedy act you attention craving cretin.
whoa relax.. But as you can see, old friend, none of the above posters give a toss about this pathetic attempt to make people resub

Mabs

J Peasemould Gruntfuttock
its nothing to do with resub, its to do with draining cash out of economy, people are trading house deeds as they cant carry their money, people paying 600-700 plat for items = oO

Sneakers<>Matriarch

One of Freddy's beloved
Mythics only remote chance ti get people to resub after gw2 release and they fuck it up again by overpricing the sleeves xD

gg

Nah their only real chance is to release "new" Old frontiers, tone down caster dmg ( wich they kinda are doing by reducing debuff value still think 10-15% more reduction is needed to make fights last longer across the spectrum pro grp vs pug, and zerg frontlines )..if they did that they could smack GW2 on the hand I bet.

Really don't see the kind of pvp/rvr in gw2 vids as in daoc vids. The movement is WoW, the graphics is a refinded WoW graphics type, same you can see in Skyrim online, wich is horrible ( imo ). DAoC old character models bumped up with dx11 shaders, and hd textures is what looks good for mmos in my eyes. The whole feel to movement in daoc is so much better then the adhd downs kind of movement in the newer mmos. It all boils down to 100% mouse movement and run in circles like a headless chicken.

Coldbeard

Part of the furniture
If the coolness on the internet factor gets any higher here I think I might fall off my chair into another dimension.

Gwadien

Uneducated Northern Cretin
I never understood why they've started making these 'official' videos and stuff when the games like dead.

BloodOmen

I am a FH squatter
well lets face it what else do wannabe game devs have to do? sit and play with windows movie maker or fiddle with data thats already in the game and call it a "patch"

Aada

Part of the furniture
Nah their only real chance is to release "new" Old frontiers, tone down caster dmg ( wich they kinda are doing by reducing debuff value still think 10-15% more reduction is needed to make fights last longer across the spectrum pro grp vs pug, and zerg frontlines )..if they did that they could smack GW2 on the hand I bet.

Really don't see the kind of pvp/rvr in gw2 vids as in daoc vids. The movement is WoW, the graphics is a refinded WoW graphics type, same you can see in Skyrim online, wich is horrible ( imo ). DAoC old character models bumped up with dx11 shaders, and hd textures is what looks good for mmos in my eyes. The whole feel to movement in daoc is so much better then the adhd downs kind of movement in the newer mmos. It all boils down to 100% mouse movement and run in circles like a headless chicken.

That's because in the past 10 years MMO combat has evolved if WoW brought anything great to the MMO genre it was that combat didn't have to be a boring yawn fest, DAOC movement is rubbish and exploitable the strafing shit totally ruined the game once the masses started using it. The only people that don't like WoW combat are people who cannot adapt to twitch based combat that is fast and furious and are still playing a dead horse from 2002.

The old frontiers would not save DAOC it would just prolong it's way over due to death, people would not come back to a game where you NEED 2-3 accounts to be able to compete in RvR sorry those days where you are paying £20+ a month to compete are over and done with.

The sooner DAOC goes to the grave the better.

Everz

FH is my second home
I found that DAoC mechanics and movements meant the game was revolved around skills and tactics.. the same for Asherons Call.

GW2 is far to easy and I've found it has descended into zergs PvE keeps already. The game itself doesn't require much tactical imput (though it is fun to gank multiple numbers).

OF would save the day imho. It'd be brilliant to have all three frontiers back alongside the old RvR dungeons. You do not need 2-3 accounts to compete, I got on fine with one account especially with NPC buffs and resists now.

DAoC dying would be a shame because if GW2 (though a fun game) is considered to be the pinnacle of PvP then I'm seriously worried for the future of MMOs. GW2 will be a game of choice however due to the lack of subs.

Aada

Part of the furniture
I found that DAoC mechanics and movements meant the game was revolved around skills and tactics.. the same for Asherons Call.

GW2 is far to easy and I've found it has descended into zergs PvE keeps already. The game itself does require much tactical imput (though it is fun to gank multiple numbers).

OF would save the day imho. It'd be brilliant to have all three frontiers back alongside the old RvR dungeons. You do not need 2-3 accounts to compete, I got on fine with one account especially with NPC buffs and resists now.

DAoC dying would be a shame because if GW2 (though a fun game) is considered to be the pinnacle of PvP then I'm seriously worried for the future of MMOs. GW2 will be a game of choice however due to the lack of subs.

GW2 has been out less than a month people are still finding their feet in the game, once the game has been out a little longer you will start to see a shift in how WvW works, yes you will get the mindless zerg but you will also get groups forming and fucking the zergs over.

Just like how DAOC was in it's early days.

You need at least 2 accounts to compete in DAOC i haven't seen otherwise in 10 years, if you didn't why are the Boarder keeps filled with 30+ buffbots every day? can you explain that?

Everz

FH is my second home
GW2 has been out less than a month people are still finding their feet in the game, once the game has been out a little longer you will start to see a shift in how WvW works, yes you will get the mindless zerg but you will also get groups forming and fucking the zergs over.

Just like how DAOC was in it's early days.

You need at least 2 accounts to compete in DAOC i haven't seen otherwise in 10 years, if you didn't why are the Boarder keeps filled with 30+ buffbots every day? can you explain that?

There are more then 30+ people in NF no? It isn't needed these days, NPC buffs/resists near enough cap you.

As for GW2 obviously that is true, although I enjoy the game, I have yet to see anything that has made me think 'Whoa, this is going to be the future'. The WvWvW I don't think will carry on because the rewards revolve around a PvE basic, hence so far all I seem to be doing the past nights is PvEing keeps as zergs tend to avoid each other. I hope it develops further but so far it hasn't done anything to blow me away personally, though it is the closest to DAoC that has been released in years it is nowhere near that level.

The WoW style controls don't help either imo. Far to easy. Whilst I understand that you are carrying a certain element of fanboyism I do agree that it's better to judge GW2 after a few months, my opinion are only from the initial time I've played, it won't die to due to lack of subs but if DAoC became free2play then that would win in a heartbeat.

Aada

Part of the furniture
There are more then 30+ people in NF no? It isn't needed these days, NPC buffs/resists near enough cap you.

As for GW2 obviously that is true, although I enjoy the game, I have yet to see anything that has made me think 'Whoa, this is going to be the future'. The WvWvW I don't think will carry on because the rewards revolve around a PvE basic, hence so far all I seem to be doing the past nights is PvEing keeps as zergs tend to avoid each other. I hope it develops further but so far it hasn't done anything to blow me away personally, though it is the closest to DAoC that has been released in years it is nowhere near that level.

The WoW style controls don't help either imo. Far to easy. Whilst I understand that you are carrying a certain element of fanboyism I do agree that it's better to judge GW2 after a few months, my opinion are only from the initial time I've played, it won't die to due to lack of subs but if DAoC became free2play then that would win in a heartbeat.

The NPC buffs are rubbish and they don't cap you and in DAOC where numbers mean everything people aren't going to except anything less, i remember playing DAOC back last year with my Shadowblade and you can certainly tell when someone has the NPC buffs because they drop faster than a hooker in Thailand.

Duze

Loyal Freddie
If you still find enjoyment in DAoC (personally, I do) then play it - if you don't, then don't :) simples....

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
You don't really have to troll the daoc section though?

Everz

FH is my second home

But GW2 reigns supreme, it is amazing/brilliant and fucking orgasmic!!

Pretty sure Aada had the same spasm with WAR and AoC.

Everz

FH is my second home
no they dont

The NPC buffs are rubbish and they don't cap you and in DAOC where numbers mean everything people aren't going to except anything less, i remember playing DAOC back last year with my Shadowblade and you can certainly tell when someone has the NPC buffs because they drop faster than a hooker in Thailand.

I played for years with item charges and for Mid/Alb on NPC buffs now and have managed to do fine. Can't see the issue.

Aada

Part of the furniture

How am i trolling? you're post was trolling because it wasn't anything to do with the discussion.

Seems you trolled me.

Aada

Part of the furniture
But GW2 reigns supreme, it is amazing/brilliant and fucking orgasmic!!

Pretty sure Aada had the same spasm with WAR and AoC.

Eh? GW2 is great but is it the best MMO i have ever played? NOPE is it the best MMO to come out in the last 10 years? it's certainly in the top 2.

I am not the only one here to say the NPC buffs don't cap you so stop saying they are fucking awesome, again can you tell me why the Boarder keeps are filled with 30+ buffbots 24/7? if those NPC buffs are so great then why are people still running 2-3 accounts? Buffer/Haste buff?

Honestly it will be really interesting to see the rivers of tears on this forum when EA shut the game down.

Everz

FH is my second home
Eh? GW2 is great but is it the best MMO i have ever played? NOPE is it the best MMO to come out in the last 10 years? it's certainly in the top 2.

I am not the only one here to say the NPC buffs don't cap you so stop saying they are fucking awesome, again can you tell me why the Boarder keeps are filled with 30+ buffbots 24/7? if those NPC buffs are so great then why are people still running 2-3 accounts? Buffer/Haste buff?

Honestly it will be really interesting to see the rivers of tears on this forum when EA shut the game down.

I certainly agree it's probably the best MMO in the past 10 years. But I can't fathom your scorn and discontent with DAoC, both games living on will be the great in my opinion, though it says more that the population has dropped by only 200ish after GW2 release. It's just your coming across as a bitter kid with his new toy saying that you hope the rest of the kids toys break so you can lord it around.

They aren't awesome but they're an alternative that works and makes the game extremely playable without the use of bots. 30 bots = 30 people? Theres a hell of alot more then that in NF ;)

Aada

Part of the furniture
I certainly agree it's probably the best MMO in the past 10 years. But I can't fathom your scorn and discontent with DAoC, both games living on will be the great in my opinion, though it says more that the population has dropped by only 200ish after GW2 release. It's just your coming across as a bitter kid with his new toy saying that you hope the rest of the kids toys break so you can lord it around.

They aren't awesome but they're an alternative that works and makes the game extremely playable without the use of bots. 30 bots = 30 people? Theres a hell of alot more then that in NF ;)

I think you misunderstand me i have no scorn or discontent with DAOC what does irritate me a little however is when people start comparing mechanics from a 10 year old MMO to MMO's that have moved on from the boring stale combat that MMO's used 10+ years ago and then comparing RvR with a game that has been out less than a month. I was there on the DAOC release and let me tell you RvR was a zerg fest for a long long time and it involved 2 mile gates in Emain Albion/Midgard. Roaming groups except 1-4 guilds never even existed back then.

Also you misunderstand me about the buffbots, what i mean is if the NPC buffs are that good why do people still pay for buffbots?

Everz

FH is my second home
The problem is that those are the benchmarks that have been set for any PvP game. You'd expect them to be better then your DAoC/UO/AC but no game has yet to come close to matching that.

I find GW2 combat to be boring and stale, WoW-esque in its mash a few button and win scenario.

In AC I had to time my spell perfectly, learn which is best per opponent, movement, use of environment, gear etc
In DAoC I had to learn reactions, strafe, panning, or 8v8 for movement/positioning etc.

PvP these days seems stale in comparision, more a de-evolution.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom