In Game Support.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
And old.whoodoo please stop generalising the thoughts of the entire population of excalibur when you really do not have a clue whether they'd pay extra for better service. IF you want an accurate indication of this do a poll, don't make random guesses.
Isnt that exactly what you are doing, chicken n egg m8y. And it has been brought up countless times in the past, and most felt they were happy with the subs as they are. Just look at any thread that mentioned Mythics intent on putting their subs up and how it would reflect upon the euro side.

No one likes price increases unless they feel the effects instantly and personally, I for one have used Rightnow probably twice in 3 years, and have only asked for personal GM help once or twice, so I cant justify any significant increase. 2 euros is about 15-20% increase in my subs, for what gain? Most of the issues you and others mention get fixes anyway in later patches anyway.

My "guesses" arent random, the only person who likes a price increase on anything is the retailer.

Teslacoil

Can't get enough of FH
LordjOX said:
-> hi
<10 min wait>
-> question about why mobs repop inside 4.2 FoS even tho fortress is completely on fire
<no responce>
:p

so you'r saying A GM is ignoring you ? cool...i pm'ed him last night and allmost fell over on my knees and begged aloud that he could forcespawn perida ( ofcourse he didnt , but i was desperate ;P ) and he answered if he answered nice and good on that , and you still belive him ignoring you ? relax and take a smoke man .

majik

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
Isnt that exactly what you are doing, chicken n egg m8y. And it has been brought up countless times in the past, and most felt they were happy with the subs as they are. Just look at any thread that mentioned Mythics intent on putting their subs up and how it would reflect upon the euro side.

No one likes price increases unless they feel the effects instantly and personally, I for one have used Rightnow probably twice in 3 years, and have only asked for personal GM help once or twice, so I cant justify any significant increase. 2 euros is about 15-20% increase in my subs, for what gain? Most of the issues you and others mention get fixes anyway in later patches anyway.

My "guesses" arent random, the only person who likes a price increase on anything is the retailer.

So basically you don't want to pay extra because it doesn't affect you. It's pointless disucssing with selfish people really, suppose thats the main problem in this game.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
majik said:
So basically you don't want to pay extra because it doesn't affect you. It's pointless disucssing with selfish people really, suppose thats the main problem in this game.

And that's more selfish than you wanting everyone else in the game to pay extra euros so you can have 24/7 support (which will be used to fix a raid bug every week or two)

majik

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
And that's more selfish than you wanting everyone else in the game to pay extra euros so you can have 24/7 support (which will be used to fix a raid bug every week or two)

Incorrect. I am wanting good in game support WITHOUT having to pay extra but to be god damn honest that isn't happening and is never likely to happen, but personally I know that there is a large majority of people that would pay extra if GoA gave better service in general.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:

Sorry to break any illusions but what are posted on FH doesnt in anyway have to reflect the opinion of the whole eu daoc population... i would say that less then 1% of the playerbase posts here... playerbase includes french and german players also ofc, so usin results from 'polls' or 'threads' from fh wont make ur argument more valid...

And about the 2€ / month... that was a huge exaggeration to make sure i wouldnt get any unrellevant whine saying it would cost waaaaay more...

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
andree said:
Sorry to break any illusions but what are posted on FH doesnt in anyway have to reflect the opinion of the whole eu daoc population... i would say that less then 1% of the playerbase posts here... playerbase includes french and german players also ofc, so usin results from 'polls' or 'threads' from fh wont make ur argument more valid...

:worthy:

What is with all the sensible posts all of a sudden ... I love it!

andree

Fledgling Freddie
And how many posted in those threads? lets say 50 for the sake of the discussion... 50 out of like 10000 players? countin low that gives u the opinion of 0,005% of the playerbase... even if it was 500 posts by unique users it would still only represent 0,05% of the population, only a fool would refer to such numbers to make their opinion more valid

Shanaia

Fledgling Freddie
andree said:
And how many posted in those threads? lets say 50 for the sake of the discussion... 50 out of like 10000 players? countin low that gives u the opinion of 0,005% of the playerbase... even if it was 500 posts by unique users it would still only represent 0,05% of the population, only a fool would refer to such numbers to make their opinion more valid

more more!

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
Incorrect. I am wanting good in game support WITHOUT having to pay extra but to be god damn honest that isn't happening and is never likely to happen, but personally I know that there is a large majority of people that would pay extra if GoA gave better service in general.
Now you are generalising even more. And you think I am on a soap box!! LOL!

andree said:

And about the 2€ / month... that was a huge exaggeration to make sure i wouldnt get any unrellevant whine saying it would cost waaaaay more...
No shit sherlock, and what part of my post said anything about the populus of FH? In fact it was Majik who suggested a poll on here, which I didnt mention, so read the whole thing, I spoke of people, not just about this forum, ask anyone if they dont mind tax increases, the rise in the price of bread or petrol. The point was most people (sensible ones that is) will weigh up the cost to what they get out of it, so in my "selfish" opinion, for what "most" people get out of customer support, they "might" judge it as an unwaranted increase.

And you might want to see how much the US subs are due to go up by before flaming too.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Now you are generalising even more. And you think I am on a soap box!! LOL!

No shit sherlock, and what part of my post said anything about the populus of FH? In fact it was Majik who suggested a poll on here, which I didnt mention, so read the whole thing, I spoke of people, not just about this forum, ask anyone if they dont mind tax increases, the rise in the price of bread or petrol. The point was most people (sensible ones that is) will weigh up the cost to what they get out of it, so in my "selfish" opinion, for what "most" people get out of customer support, they "might" judge it as an unwaranted increase.

And you might want to see how much the US subs are due to go up by before flaming too.

Good, then we have gone from allmost everyone or most players dont want to pay more to only you having that opinion, that you and me know for certain atleast, makin progress dont u think?

So how could we investigate the opinion of the whole population? Usin FH, dont make me laugh... only way we could know for certain what the playerbase think about it is if goa makes a poll where each account owner get to 'vote'...

So 'the i know maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaany players who wouldnt pay more' argument have no bearing at all.

majik

Banned
old.whoodoo

My point is we should recieve good in game support without having to pay extra.

If you have nothing to say that is of any use to anyone please go visit vnboards and spam +1 replies. This part of a forum is for mature discussion not "omg lolzor u r generalising".

And fyi I generalised because you did. I was trying to make a statement about how you can just make a biased estimate in your head, which is what I did. Obviously this escaped you.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
True, and in any election, the majority of voters would win any poll, no matter how many bother to vote. Even if this was posted on the main Euro web site, you relly think 50% could be arsed to vote... they had polls on the main site, and less than 10% of registered game users even looked at them.

Again, I speak of people in general. For example, the price of a loaf of bread goes up, you dont get any more bread than before, so you wont be happy about it.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
True, and in any election, the majority of voters would win any poll, no matter how many bother to vote. Even if this was posted on the main Euro web site, you relly think 50% could be arsed to vote... they had polls on the main site, and less than 10% of registered game users even looked at them.

Again, I speak of people in general. For example, the price of a loaf of bread goes up, you dont get any more bread than before, so you wont be happy about it.

That would be the situation if everyone knew of the poll on FH, i doubt all did know about the ones you are refering to, and if we approach the situation in a real life manner like you did we can turn that argument around.

What form of government would have the characteristic of only a selected few got to vote and then basing a decision on the outcome of that poll?

well, it could be a form of feudal society where only the noblility got to vote. and we dont want that do we? So the real life <---> game world relations doesnt really work

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
old.whoodoo

I agree, although I cant complain about it as it is, but your suggesting paying more, which i disagree with.

If you have nothing to say that is of any use to anyone please go visit vnboards and spam +1 replies. This part of a forum is for mature discussion not "omg lolzor u r generalising".
Nothing of use, sorry, Im justifying my opinion, or isnt that what a forum is for? I am as entitled to my opinion as you are, you just dont like the fact I dont give in to your bully boy attitude, and lack of flexibility in any discussion, resulting in insults. (oh the tempation to add the hand shandy icon right here!)

And fyi I generalised because you did. I was trying to make a statement about how you can just make a biased estimate in your head, which is what I did. Obviously this escaped you.
See your above statement, sums this up well. Im not biased in anyway, I try to look at things from more than one point of view, something you cant seem to grasp, your way or the highway comes to mind.

Just to state, I would love in game CSRs, but not at any further cost, there are many who play who cannot afford increases in subs, not good for them, but my point is most people hate any kind of increase for little or no return, in other words, most of us hardly ever call upon a GM or E&E for help at any time, so its not something thats a priority, sure you have had to summon help, thats doesnt mean everyone has. 99% of people just carry on regardless unless its something desperate, which for most is extreemly rare.

Now no need for insults, Im sure you too can be mature enough to leave the knitting needles out of this.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
That would be the situation if everyone knew of the poll on FH, i doubt all did know about the ones you are refering to, and if we approach the situation in a real life manner like you did we can turn that argument around.

What form of government would have the characteristic of only a selected few got to vote and then basing a decision on the outcome of that poll?

well, it could be a form of feudal society where only the noblility got to vote. and we dont want that do we? So the real life <---> game world relations dont really work
Sorry, could have sworn I said "Main Euro web site" and NOT FH! Please read again! thats www.daoc-europe.com to most.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
andree said:

well, it could be a form of feudal society where only the noblility got to vote. and we dont want that do we? So the real life <---> game world relations doesnt really work

Ok, i missread your post, thought you refered to the polls on the FH boards... but i have never seen or participated in any poll on goas homepage so this may be the situation anyway, and i have never seen any advertising of a poll either

EDIT: bah quoted wrong post but u know what post im refering to

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
Ok, i missread your post, thought you refered to the polls on the FH boards... but i have never seen or participated in any poll on goas homepage so this may be the situation anyway, and i have never seen any advertising of a poll either

EDIT: bah quoted wrong post but u know what post im refering to
They are not there atm, however before NF and for as long as I remember, there was a huge polls button under the top logo in the middle of the page, which anyone who paid their subs or looked at the friday news skimmed past, and it was often mentioned in the friday news too.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Oh, i lie, on the main web site now, under Extras, survey....so it is there :)

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:
old.whoodoo

ingame support has to be paid by someone. Last time I checked GOA doesnt receive benefits from the french governement, or any gov. for that matter. And surely the main GOA goal is to make money, isnt it?

andree

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Oh, i lie, on the main web site now, under Extras, survey....so it is there :)

Fair enough, cant say i browse that page too often :)

majik

Banned
Cavex ElSaviour said:
ingame support has to be paid by someone. Last time I checked GOA doesnt receive benefits from the french governement, or any gov. for that matter. And surely the main GOA goal is to make money, isnt it?

And offering good in game support would attract more people to the game and repel less from the game. So its a good future investment?

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
Fair enough, cant say i browse that page too often :)
I think most dont in all fairness, so I understand where you are coming from, but it is advertised well by GOA, and like most kinds of elections, it depends on how many can be bothered to vote, sorry to say but I can never be arsed to vote in my local political ones ;)

majik

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
I agree, although I cant complain about it as it is, but your suggesting paying more, which i disagree with.

Nothing of use, sorry, Im justifying my opinion, or isnt that what a forum is for? I am as entitled to my opinion as you are, you just dont like the fact I dont give in to your bully boy attitude, and lack of flexibility in any discussion, resulting in insults. (oh the tempation to add the hand shandy icon right here!)

See your above statement, sums this up well. Im not biased in anyway, I try to look at things from more than one point of view, something you cant seem to grasp, your way or the highway comes to mind.

Just to state, I would love in game CSRs, but not at any further cost, there are many who play who cannot afford increases in subs, not good for them, but my point is most people hate any kind of increase for little or no return, in other words, most of us hardly ever call upon a GM or E&E for help at any time, so its not something thats a priority, sure you have had to summon help, thats doesnt mean everyone has. 99% of people just carry on regardless unless its something desperate, which for most is extreemly rare.

Now no need for insults, Im sure you too can be mature enough to leave the knitting needles out of this.

I can't remember saying that everyone in the game should pay for better support. If I did say this please correct me.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
And offering good in game support would attract more people to the game and repel less from the game. So its a good future investment?
Yes and no, most are not aware of in game support status until they start to play, so I wouldnt agree it makes it more attractive. SWG has in game support yet still has more bugs than a flea circus. Yes it might help people decide to stay more, but speak to many new players about what they call bugs, and most is down to user error that can be solved by asking any veteran, rather than relying on GMs.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
majik said:

I doubt that ML4 instafixing at 3am on a weekend is particularly high on the list of things that people want when they start playing a game. Not having it bug in the first place would be nice of course...

"ooh shiny" is more a part of it I believe.

Cavex ElSaviour

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:

investing in a marketing campaign would do better imho, but thats an other discussion.

I don't really see the troubles with the current system. Personally I only had to use it one time in the four years I played. It was resolved within 2 hours. So no problem there. during peak times it's easy enough to get hold of help, that is when an e&e is online. that's the only issue that needs improvement imho. reviewing the e&e. and from what i remember requiel posted somewhere that they are busy on it.

majik

Banned
That's exactly the point.

No-one see's if there is a problem with it until it happens to themselves. Now if it was once alone I would not be posting here but its been the past 4 raids. 4 raids without an E&E online isn't particulary good.

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
majik said:
That's exactly the point.

No-one see's if there is a problem with it until it happens to themselves. Now if it was once alone I would not be posting here but its been the past 4 raids. 4 raids without an E&E online isn't particulary good.
I was on during your last ML4 raid (at least i think it was yours), someone shouted in /as for an E&E, i was in combat at the time, after i finished (2-3 mins max) I replied to him, and he didnt bother answering me. Next time I will ask around and see if a raid is on, and if hes with that party.

I think Zenyth was online at the time, so I may have been abole to get a GM involved after all, going from memory ofc.

majik

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
I was on during your last ML4 raid (at least i think it was yours), someone shouted in /as for an E&E, i was in combat at the time, after i finished (2-3 mins max) I replied to him, and he didnt bother answering me. Next time I will ask around and see if a raid is on, and if hes with that party.

I think Zenyth was online at the time, so I may have been abole to get a GM involved after all, going from memory ofc.

Correction - I haven't led a ml4 raid.

And if you want the logs from irc where I waited for 30mins without reply on one raid and then waited for 20mins on another before leaving the channel I can send them to you. I don't actually have contact with any E&E but one raid I asked paradoxx to check msn if any E&E was online there and there was no-one.

The previous raids may have been at inconvenient times, thus is why I am doing my own raid at what is deemed to be "peak time" and all I hope is that if the step bugs then I will meet a member of E&E online.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom