In Game Support.

majik

Banned
As of late I have noticed a decrease in in game help. Using the eyes and ears channel has also become to the point of not being useful at all. On several cases GM's have not been available for many problems experienced in game.

As my usage of the eyes and ears service is not all that frequent and neither is my needing of the support of Gamemasters, I would like to ask a simple question:

Is the in-game support degrading?

This is not a whine thread, although it has a high possibility of turning into one.

It is also not a full on discussion thread about the in's and out's of in game service, just want to know the opinions of others who frequently use eyes and ears or contact Gamemasters to help with in-game problems.

Would be nice if anyone with useful information could oblige.
Maji.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
use RightNow if you need a problem fixed - it'll probably get an answer faster than an E&E (who has to alt tab out of their game to go and find a GM, wait for a response etc.)

That aside, there's less E&E on (we're part of the population, when it drops you'll probably lose some E&E as part of it) so you'll find it harder to find one online.

Try /who 100 though, there's GMs on lurking about quite often :)

Bahumat

FH is my second home
right now does not always work....i cant ever seem to get the damn program to work. it always says my username is not valid. my p/w does not appear to work neither and when i request to know my password oncemore i get the "Haha you dont exist according to us ner ner nee ner nerr" message

Zenythe

[GOA] English Servers GM
Bahumat said:
right now does not always work....i cant ever seem to get the damn program to work. it always says my username is not valid. my p/w does not appear to work neither and when i request to know my password oncemore i get the "Haha you dont exist according to us ner ner nee ner nerr" message

The user name and password you use are your game logins, if you have more than one account registered to an email address try the second set of details as well.

If you still can't get it to work message one of us privately and we'll see what is going on...

vintervargen

Banned
and maji, if you do any toa encounters without having 50 rr10 shieldtanks bashing the mobs down - expect them to bug and you sure as hell wont be entitled to any help from GOA!

FraGGenstein

Fledgling Freddie
Bahumat said:

Had the exact same problem. After a pm to Zenythe in game it was sorted in 30 secs, good work.

Corran

Part of the furniture
Zenythe said:
The user name and password you use are your game logins, if you have more than one account registered to an email address try the second set of details as well.

If you still can't get it to work message one of us privately and we'll see what is going on...

Heh, message one of you in game and get a response of "We look into it for you" followed by a "Damn you broke our database, having to get the database lady to look into it"

Though must admit even with that it was incredibly quick. Logged out and back in about an hour later and started one my general chats again and then got a "Oh by the way your fixed now". Quite impressive as i kept responding via my other account for near on a year as i couldnt use that one :)

majik

Banned
Again a ml4 raid failed because of a bug and no support was available.

When will goa fix that fucking bug exactly? Been 3 raids in a row now.

scorge

Fledgling Freddie
majik said:

haven't u realised yet, its not a bug its a feature... :eek7:

:m00:

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
majik said:

GOA won't be able to fix the bug, Mythic can fix bugs.

What GOA can do is reset things so that they're back to an unbugged state (since most bugs only happen from a certain set of circumstances)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
majik said:

Christ, happened on hib today, no support on sundays ofc ;D

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
Thorwyn[B&Q] said:
Have you ever tried to contact your bank on a sunday because the vending machine was broken? :)
You shouldnt have said that, now youve opened the "but I pay for it givf givf!!" part of the thread.

Us E&E do our best, and as said before by Reqiuel, Zenyth, Xalin and Erivoss, they cant do 24/7 support, and the cost of providing it I am sure most are not willing to pay in extra subs. Weekends are always problem times to get a GM and often its their free / gaming time we take up, but when they are there they are always happy to help.

Also like most E&E, we report these bugs regularly to GOA through internal means, and often this helps them keep an eye on regular problems, so contacting us isnt always a waste of time.

majik

Banned
Flimgoblin said:
GOA won't be able to fix the bug, Mythic can fix bugs.

What GOA can do is reset things so that they're back to an unbugged state (since most bugs only happen from a certain set of circumstances)

If this is a bug which I no longer believe it is, then 4 times in a row without any assistance from a GoA GM or any contact whatsoever even if its to tell us that they can do nothing is a real negative comment on the in game support.

I am trying this master level again on thursday, it will most likely "bug" and if I have to cancel the raid again due to lack of support, I will be very disappointed. Thursday also is a weekday, so there shouldnt be any reason to not be able to get hold of a GM.

majik

Banned
old.Whoodoo said:
You shouldnt have said that, now youve opened the "but I pay for it givf givf!!" part of the thread.

What is your point? That we should pay for a game, recieve bad service and not talk about it? ML4 is designed to work, if it doesn't or if we aren't getting particulary good service what exactly do you expect us to do? Say oh nm in about 11 ml4 raids time we'll have it done? This thread would not be here if the E&E service was as good as you said or if mythic fixed the "bug".

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Well, if its the ML4 bug where either
-Whole BG doesn't get credit on killing Seti at 4.2
-Mobs fucking repop for no reason even tho towns and camps on flames etc etc

They will probably just reset the encounter anyways, anyhoo E&E's do a good job, and can actually help getting problems solved (ofc by contacting GM's)
GM's also been helpful in the past, but lets face it, GOA/EU DaoC has the shittiest ingame support..

Daedalus

Can't get enough of FH
The answer is simple;

Either GoA could up the subscription costs and hire extra in-game GM's to cover the game 24h/7, or, we could just stop whining and accept the fact that for the price we pay for the game, we're not getting any 24h/7 support. *hint hint* (Requiel, get a poll going)

andree

Fledgling Freddie
Daedalus said:
The answer is simple;

Either GoA could up the subscription costs and hire extra in-game GM's to cover the game 24h/7, or, we could just stop whining and accept the fact that for the price we pay for the game, we're not getting any 24h/7 support. *hint hint* (Requiel, get a poll going)

would gladly pay the extra 2€ / month or whatever a 24/7 support would cost.. doubt its that much even

old.Whoodoo

Can't get enough of FH
andree said:
would gladly pay the extra 2€ / month or whatever a 24/7 support would cost.. doubt its that much even
Think youd be alone in that poll. Thats 4(stupid euro squiggly symbol) to most of us.

andree

Fledgling Freddie
old.Whoodoo said:
Think youd be alone in that poll. Thats 4(stupid euro squiggly symbol) to most of us.

For me too but since i mostly play weekends and seldom durin the office hours i would still pay it.. and the 2€was just to make sure that i wouldnt get any 'ITS MUCH MORE EXPENSIVE FFS!!!!11111'.... would prolly cost less then 1€if u look at how these kinds of services are managed

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Majik - given you keep hitting this bug, have you sent a RightNow at all about it?

Might be worth sending a RightNow a day or so before you start your raid so a GM can go and reset it for you beforehand, or if it's a weekend send a RightNow on thursday/friday and mention the time of your raid.

Corran

Part of the furniture
majik said:
If this is a bug which I no longer believe it is, then 4 times in a row without any assistance from a GoA GM or any contact whatsoever even if its to tell us that they can do nothing is a real negative comment on the in game support.

I am trying this master level again on thursday, it will most likely "bug" and if I have to cancel the raid again due to lack of support, I will be very disappointed. Thursday also is a weekday, so there shouldnt be any reason to not be able to get hold of a GM.

I would advice you to get in touch with rightnow straight away, as in now. Inform them your running a ml raid on thursday, give the time, realm and server and ask them to be aware that support could be needed.
When we do this on prydwen we often have a gm floating about just keeping an eye on the problem encounter and they there to fix it if need be

majik

Banned
I have not been in charge of the other raids so it was not my permission to send anything to rightnow.

However other people have sent things to rightnow with no success reported. If the encounter bugs when I am leading the raid I will send to rightnow.

And old.whoodoo please stop generalising the thoughts of the entire population of excalibur when you really do not have a clue whether they'd pay extra for better service. IF you want an accurate indication of this do a poll, don't make random guesses.

I will contact rightnow in advance.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
would be nice to have in-game support but it will never happen eps sice daoc.. will proberly end in the next year or 2.. due to the lack of GOA's investment into the game.

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Hah, had an issue with the 4.2 encounter at FoS an hr ago, did /who 100, pm'd Requiel. Of course no reply, just logged off. A nice "fuck off you annoying noob" would be in its place tho, so atleast there was a reason for it.

IainC

English WAR Community Manager
LordjOX said:
Hah, had an issue with the 4.2 encounter at FoS an hr ago, did /who 100, pm'd Requiel. Of course no reply, just logged off. A nice "fuck off you annoying noob" would be in its place tho, so atleast there was a reason for it.
Erm I don't remember getting a PM about 4.2. Mind you if you PMed me just as I was logging off then it's likely I missed it as I was switching servers.

UndyingAngel

Can't get enough of FH
LordjOX said:

I hope next time you PM Requiel he does ignore you with an atatude like that.

LawBringer

Fledgling Freddie
Rightnow does work, but the people aint there 24/7 - I generally found they do respond and get things sorted - but 3am Friday night - I know where I would rather be :)

LordjOX

Part of the furniture
Requiel said:
Erm I don't remember getting a PM about 4.2. Mind you if you PMed me just as I was logging off then it's likely I missed it as I was switching servers.
-> hi
<10 min wait>
-> question about why mobs repop inside 4.2 FoS even tho fortress is completely on fire
<no responce>
:p

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom