Question In Dark Mood

Job

The Carl Pilkington of Freddyshouse
I developed paranoia about 10 years ago..it sorta creeps up on you..started with getting pissed off with people thinking they know me which is a daily occurance for me cos I have a universal face that seems to trigger loads of people I don't know to recognise me or tell me I look just like a friend.
Anyway..it spiralled and I started getting aggressive with them and it ended up with me getting convinced everyone was looking at me...it's the weirdest thing when you look back..something inside my head was skewing my sense of normality..it was like a really drawn out angry reaction.

Bodhi

Once agreed with Scouse and a LibDem at same time
Heh, Now that I can relate to, but I'd definatly say thats a triggered emotion/responce....yes? Or the 2 min, brake really wouldnt change anything...

I'm not sure tbh, I always put it down to needing a couple of minutes to think through what's just happened and consider what to do next.

Or I could just be hopelessly dependent on nicotine :)

Trem

Not as old as he claims to be!
We've had this conversations over the years here. I most always get vilified for being unsympathetic or something :)

Yes you do mate but I always get where you come from, much like my dad was with me really "have a fucking whisky boy, don't let the bastards beat you". It worked for him.....until it killed him :D I also think you are mega strong willed because of the other stuff back in the day, you are a strong minded type of guy, a lot of us aren't. I do love you massively @throdgrain always will you grumpy old fuck :eek:

Alright everybody no eye contact with Job.

I looked at his trouser eye :(

DaGaffer

Down With That Sorta Thing
Just saw on the news that half the adult population of the UK are on regular medication. Half! Fuck me.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
Just saw on the news that half the adult population of the UK are on regular medication. Half! Fuck me.

Yeah. If you want to cut the NHS budget then make continued medication based on weight loss - the vast majority of those on medication are overweight...

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber

All over the web. BBC was running it today I think.

Edit: Briefly here
Overweight and obese people were more likely to need prescription drugs.

More than half of severely obese people in England reported taking at least one prescribed medicine and a third took at least three.

Sue Faulding, a pharmacist and programme manager of prescribing and primary care services at the HSCIC, said: "Obesity is often associated with high cholesterol, high blood pressure, joint pain and depression.

"Lifestyle changes are always recommended in the first instance, but medicines can help to address the symptoms and this study shows that medicine use increases steadily with body mass index."

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Yeah. If you want to cut the NHS budget then make continued medication based on weight loss - the vast majority of those on medication are overweight...
Cause asthma is weight dependant

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
Oh pissy pissy moriath. I wasn't having a fucking dig at you.
I know but you make a sweeping statement that all over weight people are taking meds cause of their weight. It's like saying all Chinese are allergic to alcohol.

Yes some are but some arnt too.

There are a lot of thin men over 65 on statins as well as fat ones.

You get on your vitriolic high horse every time there is a sniff of a story in the press that supports your arguments and extrude it to fit your perceived stereo types.

We all know everything reported needs to be taken with a pinch of salt.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home

You've got it wrong there, as per your source; majority of fat people are on medication, not the other way around. There's a difference.

Medicine use increases with body mass, not body mass increases with medicine.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I know but you make a sweeping statement that all over weight people are taking meds cause of their weight

I didn't say anything of the sort but because you're touchy about your weight you've had a hissy fit.

You've got it wrong there, as per your source; majority of fat people are on medication, not the other way around. There's a difference.

Medicine use increases with body mass, not body mass increases with medicine.

Thanks for agreeing with me. Other than the bit where I "got it wrong" (apparently) you've just said what the report said.

I said - if you're fat, and on medication, then make weight loss a requirement of continued medication.

£15bn a year is what it costs the NHS to medicate 50% of the UK population, excess weight is a major causal factor - for those that are on medication because of this I think it's fair to say "have this medicine, at the taxpayers expense - but you've gotta meet us half way and lose some weight"....

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
Not what you originally said ;)

EDIT: Oh look, a facepalm, how original from the one who can never admit fault :D

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
No i don't. You wrote it wrong if you meant something else. I actually understand english a lot better then you seem to :p

Moriath

I am a FH squatter
I didn't say anything of the sort but because you're touchy about your weight you've had a hissy fit..
I don't have a problem with my weight. I have a problem with your mass generalisations from a summary article in the press. You have no clue what meds those people are on. Or if they would be on them if they were thinner.

You have taken broad generalised statements from the press and said ha go on a diet and don't get pills till you do.

It's your obsession with fat being bad that clouds this.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
I'm starting to see a pattern. Scouse used to be fat, now hates everything related. Used to be bummed by priests, same deal with religion.

Could @Scouse give a list of things that he used to be/do so i know to avoid those subjects :p

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
I have a problem with your mass generalisations from a summary article in the press. You have no clue what meds those people are on.

1) I didn't make a mass generalisation - I quoted scientists telling it like it is.
2) I read the actual research - which says the same thing.
3) You're pissy.

I'm starting to see a pattern.

I'm starting to see a pattern of whiny fatties who dislike the truth.

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
No, you quoted a carefully worded snippet from the BBC.

Scouse

Giant Thundercunt
FH Subscriber
No, you quoted a carefully worded snippet from the BBC.

I didn't write it and if you don't like the quote I chose then read the report.

I haven't made the assertion that if you're fat you're much more likely to be on meds. Them's the facts - and I'm just restating them. Complain about that as much as you like - nothing any of us can do about that.

My point, which people are avoiding, is: If you're overweight and costing the UK taxpayer a fortune then I don't think it's a bad idea for society to say "taxpayers money is treating your self-inflicted illness - if you want that to continue you have to start losing weight".

When people are losing their jobs because of cuts, services are being paired back - I don't think it's out of order to say to people "take responsibility for your own health".

Raven

Fuck the Tories!
FH Subscriber
I didn't write it and if you don't like the quote I chose then read the report.

I haven't made the assertion that if you're fat you're much more likely to be on meds. Them's the facts - and I'm just restating them. Complain about that as much as you like - nothing any of us can do about that.

My point, which people are avoiding, is: If you're overweight and costing the UK taxpayer a fortune then I don't think it's a bad idea for society to say "taxpayers money is treating your self-inflicted illness - if you want that to continue you have to start losing weight".

When people are losing their jobs because of cuts, services are being paired back - I don't think it's out of order to say to people "take responsibility for your own health".

Sure, so long as we do the same with the work shy.

old.Tohtori

FH is my second home
You're not seriously talking high and mighty about "costing tax payers money" are you? Wasn't it you who said something along the lines of "Paying taxes is for suckers".

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom