importmadness

C

Cush

Originally posted by -Nxs-
no email from gamestop.com - but they ahve shipped and I can see exactly where the game is thanks to UPS tracking - strongly advise gamestop to anyone else.

No mail from gamestop? I got mine within 30 min of my order.

J

Jiggs

1 i got my copy IN MY HANDS RIGHT NOW!!

2 i didnt order courier

3 i didnt pay any VAT

cdrom shop owns =)

N

-Nxs-

Well they finally accepted my order to cancel with IM - so should get a refund from them.

Gamestop order is on its way i can see the tracking now, ETA wed/thu

DvdBoxoffice shipped friday apparently, but no email, no tracking, no delivery yet - so they will get a strong email/call off me tonight if it doesnt arrive, today is day 2 of their so called 2 day courier delivery.

B

Bellona

i still got my order at IM on pending, got 5 emails they havent replied.

placed new order with gamestop, luckily 2nd game will be for my friend :D

G

gramaton

Well sounds like importmadness sucks, sent an email to them just now telling them that they are getting a very bad rep from people of barrysworld that are ordering from them. I told them that if they don't respond to me today I will cancel my order and go elsewhere.

So who would you guys recommend then? gamestop?

N

-Nxs-

Gamestop !!!! definetly

Ordered from dvdboxoffice - still no email but they say shipped on friday with 2 day courier - and its now tuesday and still not here :(

Gamestop have shipped and I can see where it is thanks to the UPS tracker

IM just well, didnt update me at all - so cancelled.

G

gramaton

Ok cool thanks, just cancelled IM and gave them the link to this thread so they can see how crap their company is.

S

Spinky

Someone mentioned a hidden CoD surcharge when ordering from gamestop.

Or was it just they they got stung with import tax?

G

gramaton

Well ya have to pay £15-£20 when the UPS guy delivers it to your door but that's not to bad.

C

Cush

Originally posted by Spinky
Someone mentioned a hidden CoD surcharge when ordering from gamestop.

Or was it just they they got stung with import tax?

who cares about extra fee.. From them you get the game atleast

N

-Nxs-

and its not hidden... its nothing to do with gamestop.

any item entering the UK can be liable for V.A.T. gamestop just use a courier that go through customs properly :) You cant blame a company outside the UK for UK TAXES.

O

old.tRoG

I've ordered through gamestop, but didn't create an account, so can't check on my order. Also, they didn't send me an email.

I'm rather confused atm, but I suppose it's my own fault :p

C

Cernos

I'm in the same boat as a lot of people with Import Madness. One week later, no shipment, no word from them, no response to my emails but they've taken my money. Really regretting ordering from them now.

If anyone has managed to get an email response from Import Madness, can you let me know what email address you used of the many they have on their website?

Also, don't they charge a cancellation fee? Perhaps this is their lame tactic - they don't intend to supply, they just harvest the cancellation fees. If they try and pull a stunt like that on me they've bitten off more than they can chew with me.

G

gramaton

Q What if I want to cancel my order? cancelorder@importmadness.com
A If you would like to cancel your order you must notify us by email within 24 hrs otherwise it may have already been shipped out.

All refunds are subject to a 5% service charge to cover costs of transaction processing.

So yeah they rip you off. I intend to keep flooding them with all sorts of crap from now on :)

S

spathi

i sent a POLITE email to importmadness and they said my order had been shipped on the 2nd of November, but nothing else, but at least they replied ...

S

spathi

I used orders@importmadness.com and they included this at the bottom of the email so you can post them anthrax or abuse them however you like:

-Customer Care

ImportMadness

297 Royal Appian Cres

Concord, Ontario

L4K 5K9

Canada

Fax: (905) 417 1177

N

-Nxs-

My IM order is cancelled - had the confirmation of that this morning, just give them a few days and see if i get the cash back

S

spathi

Originally posted by Lamia Acerbus
I used importmadness.com for SWG when it came out and had it on preorder and if I recall it came 3 days after it was released.

I think it was something like it officially went on sale on the Thursday and I received it on the Monday morning. Only problem was I was at work and had to wait until I could get home to try it out...was it was great for the first few weeks!! :)

I never got any emails to say it had been shipped..etc which did indeed worry me a little, but it all arrived okay.

this inspires a little confidence however :)

G

gramaton

WOOT! Cancelled order at IMPORTCRAPNESS and ordered from gamestop on Tuesday. Got a phone call this morning (Wednesday) from UPS asking if I wanted to pay the customs charge on my credit card rather than pay for it when it's delivered :)

It's going to be with me tommorow morning woohoo!

That's what you call proper service, order a game from the US and get it 2 days later, (using basic internationally economy delivery).

E

ECA

OMG IM SHIPPED TODAY

HEY MEIGHTS I PRE-ORDERED A WEEK BEFORE AND YOU SHIP IT A WEEK AFTER RELEASE OMG MAD WANKER SKILLLZZZZZZZ

:(

N

-Nxs-

Definetly gamestop is the way forwarded. Ordered sunday night before going to bed - game was here wednesday morning, only problem was.... i wasnt here :)

Going to pick it up from the depot tonight, so should be online later.

R

rayzor_e_w

any idea on how long air mail takes from IM?

<crosses fingers for 2 days>

G

gramaton

Rayzor cancel order from ImportCrapness and reorder from Gamestop.com, seriously Importmadness sucks ass.

N

-Nxs-

Ive ordered things with standard USA post, some took under a week - one took four weeks, so it really does vary. Just grit your teath and bear the delay - but smile on the fact that you may skip the import tax, couriers have to re-charge this on to cover their costs, but standard post might just slip through (some did for me)

D

Darghin

<bump>

Anyone at all have their copy from importmadness yet? mine was shipped on 1st Nov using 5 day courier, been 10 days now with nothing

nerf something !

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom