Important notice : Game password being changed.

S

Sekrab

Yep, me too. No longer have access to the old BT email I registered 1.5 years ago. bet theres loads of ppl and some that havent even realised yet... HARSH! :(

S

skerit XP

5 days appart? That doesn't count, if it would have happened last year and this year once again ... then I could understand, and I understand you want answers...

I don't think that goa will just drop the people with their deleted e-mail accounts, the only thing I can say for you right now is to re-create it, I did when I lost my password and such ...

A

andruril

they'll be having alot of bouncing emails imo, maybe that would crash their email server aswell :D

A

Aoln

Originally posted by the_smurflord
HAd this been anyone else, I might have given it some credence, but as it's Aoln, all I can say is GIMP!!!
You're so mean but in a nice way :(

T

Tham

same here.. The e-mail that i registerd to dies not exist any more.

Didnt have the time to read all posts so I dont know if someone said this but GOA changed the GAME PASS not the SUBSCRIPTION PASS

so you can always log into your sub and change e-mail then change game pass again .. HEPP! :clap:

B

Bleri McThrust

Originally posted by Tham
Didnt have the time to read all posts so I dont know if someone said this but GOA changed the GAME PASS not the SUBSCRIPTION PASS

so you can always log into your sub and change e-mail then change game pass again .. HEPP! :clap:

As a cautionary measure, we have decided to change your "game" passwords. The game servers should thus be stopped for a maximum of 5 hours. The procedure of sending the mails should take about 24 hours, so do not worry if you do not receive your email right away.

In the days to come we are going to process the change of all "subscription" passwords. Services shutdowns are thus planned in order to finalise the reinforcement of the security measures of our platform.

Ok theres a possibility that they will open sub pages and allow you to access with the old subs p/word. But surely if they are worried about compromised security they wont be doing that.

They will have to find a way to deal with the problem of changed E-Mail addy's. There must be some way as they wont want to lose a big section of there customers.

S

skerit XP

Lol ... does ANYONE remember their subscription pass?

I mean, I do, but a lot of people won't

T

Tham

Originally posted by skerit XP

tooo bad, but some ppl have to learn the hard way ;)

T

thegreatest

I bet most people should have 'saved' it somewhere in a 'save' place...And I guess for them people the safest place is c:\my documents\MY DAOC ACCOUNT INFORMATION DONT LOOK HERE PLEASE VEWY VEWY SECRET INFORMATION HERE WTFPWNED

S

skerit XP

Well, I believe the passwords have been reset ..
I can't login due to faulty password ... guess we'll be getting our mails ... someday

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Bleri McThrust
No it happened twice ..... Once on Llyonesse and once on Prydwen. 5 days apart.

And the fact that Dev tools were useable in such a way is POOR SECURITY.

I dont normally get involved in knocking GoA as I tend to feel they do a good job with what they have, but for 5 days now some people (including myself) have been asking for answers and getting none.
This whole incident is, as far as I'm concerned, final proof that GOA are not, as a company, fit, deserving or competent to manage a MMORPG.

Please, Mythic, take the licence away from these second-rate cowboys and give it to a competent company.

F

Flimgoblin

Originally posted by svartmetall
Please, Mythic, take the licence away from these second-rate cowboys and give it to a competent company.
Should put that in yer signature save you sounding quite so much like a broken record :)

S

svartmetall

Originally posted by Flimgoblin
Should put that in yer signature save you sounding quite so much like a broken record :)
OK...plus it'll save my keyboard a lot of wear.

D

danhyr

i lost my passwords and my email sscrewed up a long time ago

goa sent the passwords to my home address that i put in the information. took a week or so, so i guess ppl who put there right address are ok..

too ppl that but false addresses or have moved house and lost there email addresses i guess your pretty fucked......

M

malyce

Originally posted by danhyr
i lost my passwords and my email sscrewed up a long time ago

goa sent the passwords to my home address that i put in the information. took a week or so, so i guess ppl who put there right address are ok..

too ppl that but false addresses or have moved house and lost there email addresses i guess your pretty fucked......

Not in this situation, but i sympathise totally with it.

Although many here would probably disagree with me, I dont really think GOA are so stupid as to have not realized that subscribers might not have updated emails or unable to because of changing emails while subs down. (not to mention ppl who's subscription had just expired)

I DO believe that they are working on a secure way to do it, and I DO believe they are rather slow in infoming us of what they are doing.

Ok - bloody annoying that they have not told us what they are doing regards that, but if I were in their shoes, id rather give a complete answer after consultations with experts, than rush out half assed guess on what you personally think is going to be done.

my 2 pence...

K

Kaomond

Originally posted by old.cHodAX
Sounds like a port left open for Dev tools to access GM commands on the server. Obviously someone has either got hold of the Dev tools and those commands or they have managed to hack in via that open port and figure out the commands.

Sounds like that could explain something that happened to me the other night, i was group leader in an avalon city group, we went back to the entrance to pick someone up, the person joined the group, sounds normal so far eh? well get this, i NEVER typed invite or anything, the guy got in without an invite !?!?!?

S

skerit XP

Did you push invite? :)

euh ... well, I doubt the hacker knew you were going to pick someone up ... maybe someone else invited him .. maybe he invited himselve in and maybe he is the hacker!

Well... maybe ...

Anyway, now I got another problem, some spyware installed here, called 'internet optimizere' bloody hell, gives me a 404 if the site hasn't loaded in 2 seconds

A

accollon

I've got that internet optimizer crap as well.

AdAware doesn't kill it, anyone know how to do it?

S

skerit XP

Oh.. another victim, I wonder how I got this, I was surfing for some internet sites, then a site I visit regularly showed the internet optimizer crap, but then I just thought it was a simple 404 by the webhost, until I saw thesame page over and voer again, and then I looked at the details and saw it was just another spyware crap

O

old.Vae

I had the problem with internet optimizer - think I got it from the pop up adds on the utopia game.

Anyway download Spybot search and destroy which will pick it up and delete the files (it's a trojan). I think you need to turn of system restore first though so that spybot can delete all files concerned. http://www.safer-networking.org/

I have to admit it's F*cking annoying to get rid off and took a while.

Somehow it downloaded itself despite me running a Zonealarm pro and never agreeing to downloading it.

V

vesta

Re: Re: Re: Re: Important notice : Game password being changed.

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
Think you are the twat. French saying 5 hours is like a Swiss clock saying it will be 24 hours...

Have no problem with my life, doing a fine job at it thank you.
I pay for this game, spend a lot of time on it, and get annoyed that somehow the US version does not have this trouble...
As it is the same game, pretty safe to conclude GoA is fucking up somewhere...
And I do pay about 120 euro's a year to play this, so they better give me my fun when I want it.
Regards, Glottis

As much as i dont like it. I am gonna have to agree with glottis for the first time ever....

I have paid for the game(s) when i bought them. The monthly fee i pay is for the SERVICES....And tell me now....Where is the SERVICE i am paying for?

D

dukat_lionheart

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Important notice : Game password being changed.

Originally posted by vesta
As much as i dont like it. I am gonna have to agree with glottis for the first time ever....

I have paid for the game(s) when i bought them. The monthly fee i pay is for the SERVICES....And tell me now....Where is the SERVICE i am paying for?

try going to the nearest toilet; u might just catch it going round the U-bend :p

(meaning services going down the toilet for those of u with no humour) :D

V

vesta

Hmm, last time the servers where down, they gave me a free day...

We all know that DAoC has got the most uptime then any game 5EVE is down an houre each day, in a total that's a lot of houres) Goa does a good job at keeping servers up. The only problem with goa is mostly it's customers, you always complain, complain, complain, nothing more, when in fact there isn't a slight difference from the US. Probably the most annoying thing to hear is "We're behind X patches" We get to hear that everytime the US get another patch, then people start to complain again, saying GOA is too slow, well, I'd like to see you translate 1 game in 2 languages, and it isn't just replacing words, other stuff has got to be dealt with ... GOA does a good job for me, I'm satisfied.

Allright. Yes we complain about the delays. But tell me plz, when mythic send GOA the patch files, they come in english right? i dont know but afaik English is the main language in the US, unless by some evolution break i havent heard of, and they talk swahili, then i can see the problem.
However we assume there havent been any evolution and the files comes in english. WTF cant they just patch the english servers????Is it so hard? Would the french and germans whine? most probably yes, but do they care about us english speaking players complaints? No.

Would this mean a mass server emigration? I hardly think so.

S

squalion

Originally posted by old.Vae
I had the problem with internet optimizer - think I got it from the pop up adds on the utopia game.

Anyway download Spybot search and destroy which will pick it up and delete the files (it's a trojan). I think you need to turn of system restore first though so that spybot can delete all files concerned. http://www.safer-networking.org/

I have to admit it's F*cking annoying to get rid off and took a while.

Somehow it downloaded itself despite me running a Zonealarm pro and never agreeing to downloading it.

thx for link! :D

128 err0rs found !! lol

V

vesta

Well when you buy the game there comes a little book inside the box. on the last pages there is blank pages for notes. When you registered you ofc wise and smart as you are/where wrote down all the info about passes/subs email etc etc.....Now you are safe from any inconvenience.....And oh dont forget to delete the emails etc you dont want the info lying around accessable to hackers now do you? ;)

W

Whoodoo_RD

Re: Re: Re: Re: Important notice : Game password being changed.

Originally posted by Glottis_Xanadu
And I do pay about 120 euro's a year to play this, so they better give me my fun when I want it.
Regards, Glottis
Hehe, hope you dont talk to your missus the same way :p cant imagine there is one, but you cant have what you want all the time, and Im damn sure GOA will compansate you for your measly 4 euro's lost in 1 day of no game play s dont wet the bed.

And you know for sure the US dont have problems? Bah.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom