Important Information and Q&A!

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
is this the GOA Hate thread now?

Hate? No. Venting of legitimate concerns? Yes. Hopefully things will be resolved and the EU download pre-orders will get everything they've paid for. My posting in this thread isn't a personal crusade; it's wanting closure and competence on what is fast turning out to be a pretty big issue.

pikeh

Resident Freddy
Well, I hope you all get the closure you want.
I guess I'm just the eternal optimist.

Faya

Fledgling Freddie
No, actually a few days ago i was quiete happy, with info shining on the website pretty fast..but then again...they dont work on weekends...they still miss some answering to satisfy people and they still cant bring up the hype for sure.
But i have to say, i am still optimistic to some point, we have to wait and see how it all unfolds in the end.

Faya

Khazoom

Fledgling Freddie
I don't quite follow with something the GOA mods said. When you pre order the CE or SE you get Live Headstart. Headstart would be september 15th, correct? Will you get your pre ordered game in time on the 15th or the 18th like stated in a post? Do you have to download it to get access to headstart on the 15th?

peo

Fledgling Freddie
I don't quite follow with something the GOA mods said. When you pre order the CE or SE you get Live Headstart. Headstart would be september 15th, correct? Will you get your pre ordered game in time on the 15th or the 18th like stated in a post? Do you have to download it to get access to headstart on the 15th?

From what I've heard everyone (more or less) have to download for the headstart and the real boxes are supposed to be delivered on the day of the launch.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Sums it up well.

I honestly can't figure out why people at GOA don't just get on the phone and sort these things out and announce a firm - this is what we'll do to solve it.

I think a lot of the problem is that most of GOA have been at Leipzig for the past week ;)

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!

You'll need to download for open beta or headstart.

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
EA said:
Hi,

Thank you for your interest with Warhammer Online.

Please be assured that Warhammer online Beta codes will be provided to you before Open Beta begins. If you have not received a code yet, please wait until the beta begins to see if you have received your code. If you do not have a code by then, please let us know. Till then, we appreciate your patience regarding the same.

Best Regards,

Chandan
EA Support Centre,UK and Ireland.

Glad someone sounds like they know whats going on.

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
Just like to add that this EA response was about the STANDARD edition that is £40 on the EA website.

But this again leads back to the issue at hand: EA / d2d are saying open beta's fine, included for the SE download pre-orders... but GOA - the people running the server parks and in charge of running WAR EU - say they have no plans for it, and that there have been 'misunderstandings' with EA. :eek7:

Am very much looking forward to reading GOA's response come tomorrow :)

Earl

Fledgling Freddie
But this again leads back to the issue at hand: EA / d2d are saying open beta's fine, included for the SE download pre-orders... but GOA - the people running the server parks and in charge of running WAR EU - say they have no plans for it, and that there have been 'misunderstandings' with EA. :eek7:

Am very much looking forward to reading GOA's response come tomorrow :)

Well quite frankly if EA are still giving the information out that beta keys will be given, GOA must have spoken to them by now, since the product has been available for a while now, so I guess we can just await an official announcement to confirm EA customers will get access from GOA. :)

Skorn

Fledgling Freddie
Snipped from another forum:

Hey there,
This is something we want to clarify as soon as possible. It's possible that D2D have just copied and pasted the info from the US pre-order but it's also possible that they have some kind of special deal. We're trying to get the people who could confirm that to answer it definitively but at present they are hard to reach as they are away in Leipzig.

I posted the link to this earlier, but maybe it got missed.
Special deal?

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie
I bought the CE pre order box, it contains keys for the open beta, life head start and bonus in game items...

what if i decide not to buy the CE box but the SE box... can i still use those keys from the CE pre order box?

Torn

Fledgling Freddie
I bought the CE pre order box, it contains keys for the open beta, life head start and bonus in game items...

what if i decide not to buy the CE box but the SE box... can i still use those keys from the CE pre order box?

How can you decide not to buy the box.. when you have already bought it? :)

Do you mean sending the CE back for a refund? I'd imagine that would make your keys invalid.

Indiana

Fledgling Freddie
Can i give only the ''open beta code'' (from CE pre order kit) to someone else, since i'm already in closed beta
The head start & ingame bonus i would use for myself... is that possible?

Linnet

Fledgling Freddie

Do you mean sending the CE back for a refund? I'd imagine that would make your keys invalid.

If you buy it from a high street shop, you get a little box with the codes when you make the preorder (costs a tenner, and the idea is that they save you a CE when the boxes come in). So what he wants to know is if he has to buy the CE or if he can just spend his £10 for the preorder codes and then buy a SE.

Legean

Fledgling Freddie

I read somewhere that CE codes only worked for CE versions of the game. I assume you will have to apply a CD-Key to your account and after the grace period if you havn't applied a correct key you will lose the bonuses. I'm not 100% on that though.

fatgit

Loyal Freddie
I pre-ordered through Direct2drove before seeing the quotes about SE not getting OB access, so I fired off an email asking for a cancellation due to their misleading advertising (I'll still get the game, just not from someone that misleads people).
The reply was that I couldn't cancel as it is an MMO, and that pre-order keys will be sent when the OB starts.
I've sent another email quoting the various GOA posts on this issue, and relevant UK Consumer law, I should get a reply tomorrow.

Even after all this, EA and Direct2drive are still promoting the SE download as having OB access.

peo

Fledgling Freddie
I pre-ordered through Direct2drove before seeing the quotes about SE not getting OB access, so I fired off an email asking for a cancellation due to their misleading advertising (I'll still get the game, just not from someone that misleads people).
The reply was that I couldn't cancel as it is an MMO, and that pre-order keys will be sent when the OB starts.
I've sent another email quoting the various GOA posts on this issue, and relevant UK Consumer law, I should get a reply tomorrow.

Even after all this, EA and Direct2drive are still promoting the SE download as having OB access.

They can't really refuse a refund for you. Should be against the laws regarding consumer sales which are to large aspects europe wide as well.
If you want a refund and they refuse report them to your consumer guide people or whatever they might be called in the UK.

Derian

Fledgling Freddie
There is nothing that can make them refuse you a refund on something you don't actually own yet. All you have done is paid for something in advance. The worst they can do is take a small amount of that as a deposit about 15% if memory serves.

But peo is right it is against consumer law to refuse a refund if the product being bought is in resalable condition and within 28 days of purchase. Now because you have not even received the item yet weather in intellectual terms or psychical that means they are very much in the wrong and must refund you.

I am sure you will sort this out. You can really see my 8 years working retail paying off lol :p

Trading standards are the people to speak to.

Judder

Loyal Freddie
Lets put aside the standard GOA response of "no one can answer your question as they are all away somewhere, no one has a phone, no one has email/web access".

It is more likely those suppliers are stating the truth about SE bought from them giving OB access but GOA does not want to admit it yet, so will fob off all queries until they have a good news day to hide it on.

Flimgoblin

It's my birthday today!
Or they're waiting to see if it's possible to change plans to allow OB folks in before giving an answer.

Marieke

Fledgling Freddie

CE pre order box= a box with no CD and 3 codes (1 for open beta, 1 for the game live head start, 1 to unlock ingame items), i got that pre order box for €9.95; so you still have to buy the CE actually.

Users who are viewing this thread

Top Bottom